Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,376 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq (15778 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by playmode(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
I think the violence in the north is getting out of hand and it is obvious that our Government can not curtail it.I feel it is better we vote for a split.We need a break from each other.This 50 year experiment has failed woefully and we are just living a lie right now.Jonathan will go down in history books if he can he can do this for Nigerians.Jonathan call for a national conference and let Nigerians vote and choose whether they want to stay together as one nation or not.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

Don't make an backside of yourself my friend. I don't owe you any explanation on why I live in Abuja. LOL! Almajiri lover!

If you hate them that much then take a hike. Silly girl.

halfcurrent:

When Col Gadaffi recommended splitting for us (Nigeria), we were all raining abuses on him. Now, it appears it is the most sensible advise.

Learn to analyse because we're  the ones actually laughing at Gadaffi, so the joke is on you. Libya is split in two, haha
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by bamosagie(m): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
really cofussed about Tippy Top position, why are you hell bent on one Nigeria? somehow you seem to be benefitting from the system, who is paying you to keep up this spirited defence, now I am sure your claim is not true. a leopard cannot change its stripe, you are a true son of the north.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by polokor60(m): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
gadaffi was right about nigeria.smh  sad
halfcurrent:

When Col Gadaffi recommended splitting for us (Nigeria), we were all raining abuses on him. Now, it appears it is the most sensible advise.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
I SAY SOUTHERN NIGERIA NOW, WE CAN RENAME THE SOUTH TO "KINGS LANDING". LOL
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2011
bamosagie:

really cofussed about Tippy Top position, why are you hell bent on one Nigeria? somehow you seem to be benefitting from the system, who is paying you to keep up this spirited defence, now I am sure your claim is not true. a leopard cannot change its stripe, you are a true son of the north.

If you had cared to read my previous posts you wouldn't have come to that conclusion. Am against war but pro a negotiated separation. Am against dullards who come here advocating wars while sheepishly living the life in US/UK.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Sweetnecta: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2011
@EzeUche; #18 on: Today at 02:13:24 PM »
[Quote]And people wonder why I want division. Let the Christian East go. We do not have to worry about religious extremist.[/Quote]There is Islam in that Christian East, you Islam hater. Will you not throw your hatred upon the muslim igbos after you separate?

Maybe, EzeUche should separate himself from Nigeria. per chance, the hausa and boko haram who hate you and you hate them just equally, they may just improve and freedom and peace ring and there is no more chaos.

can you sacrifice yourself, for the igbo people by leaving Nigeria for say Cameroon, instead of letting the chaos linger because you are among them? i have not seen a person worse than you in hatred of others while you mirror in behavior the people you hate. you rightfully condemn them without checking your own hard heart.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2011
@190
Boy you are already here and scattering the ground! Wonders shall never end kiss  kiss  kiss

@Virgo
Sweetheart, don't let anybody bring you down, shake them off your shoulders and be getting ready for that our meeting/conference. I am already getting excited about that meeting of ours, everybody make some noise!!dtrdtrertdhfhbk,njvh vcfvcbvjhbjhhgfc!!!!
 ---we are going to have a peaceful meeting and divide this country for peace sake.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

Then the Brits left, and Pakistan left taking Bangladesh, but then  Bangladesh left Pakistan.  Just two years ago Indian and Pakistan were about to nuke each other over Kashmire. Who's laughing now?
Hehehe!!!!

Who's laughing now?  The Indians are laughing because they are no longer under  British rule  and are no longer under attack by Muslim extremists in Pakistan.  The Bangladeshi's are laughing because they are no longer under British rule.  The Pakistanis are laughing because they are no longer under British rule.  

Who's crying now?  The British because they wish they still had an empire.

Who will soon cry?  The Northerners when Nigeria is partitioned and they no longer have control over oil revenues.

Hehehe.  Like I said it's GAME OVER.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by LadyT(f): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
Look lets face facts we need to smash the three or so bridges that link the north to the south everybody go your own damn way.  Let the North rule itself jare instead of killing everyone they dont like the look of.

It is only Muslims in the north who have serious issues the ones in the south dont cause this kind of trouble.

If anyone fancies living under sharia law please go to the North. Leave the rest of us in peace and not in pieces HABA!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
Oh Lawd, Tippy Top is just a silly Arrow. I am sure you find it hard to see beyond your nose. Poor chile. SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY, ABEG! Silly Arrow!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
People quote how Yoruba's and South South hates Igbo's and wouldn't want to be part of a break away country. I want to raise too important issues.

1. No matter the differences between the various Southern groups, they have evolved past the level of taking cutlass against defenceless groups. Hence EVEN if divisions exist between the groups, it will NEVER reach the extent of what is obtainable in Nigeria. Tell me, what is the average number of lives lost in Northern Nigeria yearly for the past 10 years?
2. Who told u Igbo's really need the other groups to form a country? Igbo's have more than enough land to sustain itself (you may want to look at the size of Israel on a map).

Any of the regions in the South can prosper independently: mostly educated, hardworking or endowed with natural resources.
The North on the other hand have a culture of not striving for education, restricted by religion and negatively affected by their living conditions. Today's Nigeria is hell and heaven joined together.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by LadyT(f): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
deadie:

People quote how Yoruba's and South South hates Igbo's and wouldn't want to be part of a break away country. I want to raise too important issues.

1. No matter the differences between the various Southern groups, they have evolved past the level of taking cutlass against defenceless groups. Hence EVEN if divisions exist between the groups, it will NEVER reach the extent of what is obtainable in Nigeria. Tell me, what is the average number of lives lost in Northern Nigeria yearly for the past 10 years?
2. Who told u Igbo's really need the other groups to form a country? Igbo's have more than enough land to sustain itself (you may want to look at the size of Israel on a map).

Any of the regions in the South can prosper independently: mostly educated, hardworking or endowed with natural resources.
The North on the other hand have a culture of not striving for education, restricted by religion and negatively affected by their living conditions. Today's Nigeria is hell and heaven joined together.

GOD BLESS YOU! Well said
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@EzeUche; #18 on: Today at 02:13:24 PM »There is Islam in that Christian East, you Islam hater. Will you not throw your hatred upon the muslim igbos after you separate?

Maybe, EzeUche should separate himself from Nigeria. per chance, the hausa and boko haram who hate you and you hate them just equally, they may just improve and freedom and peace ring and there is no more chaos.

can you sacrifice yourself, for the igbo people by leaving Nigeria for say Cameroon, instead of letting the chaos linger because you are among them? i have not seen a person worse than you in hatred of others while you mirror in behavior the people you hate. you rightfully condemn them without checking your own hard heart.

The "Nkweres/Anioma etc" people will not be "Igbo" enough in his new country. Dolts like him who're consumed by hate will find a ready supply to hate, trust me.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by lastpage: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
[Quote] from: virgo on Today at 06:01:22 PM
LOL! Then  he is delusional. Hausa Muslims won't even pray in the same mosque with their Yoruba counterparts.  Grin

Is that true? If so, why?

So mosques, are there separate mosques for Yoruba, Hausa, Nupe, Fulani, etc? How does it work?

Nigerian churchs I've been too have been a mix of all types of groups before. Though few northerners.[/quote]

The TRUTH is this: Even a "Stark illiterate Hausa Cobler" or Ashaba/Okada rider THINKS HE IS SUPERIOR BY LINEAGE, to any other Muslim (from any other place in Nigeria!) and as such would not consider his prayers heard, if he worships with other non-Hausa Muslims.

Go to Lagos and you will see a very, very big Mosque with loads of Southern Muslims praying inside!
But your own Hausa gate-man or "shoe-make" and the rest of his likes will "partition" a part of the main road and turn it to a make shift Mosque!

He would rather endanger himself by praying on the road, (the same road we all march over with our shoes grin ) than "share the same house of worship" with a SOUTHERNER!
The only deduction l can make out of this is that: THE "HAUSA MAN" HATES THE SOUTHERNER WITH A PASSION! It does not even matter whether they share and worship the same ALLLAH!

Now, How on earth can you hope to live "PEACEFULLY" with such "MIND-SET"?

I am still looking for a "formula" to use in changing such mind-set (Abi we should convert them to Christianity?)

(Shakes head and wonders-off)
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@EzeUche; #18 on: Today at 02:13:24 PM »T[b]here is Islam in that Christian East, you Islam hater. Will you not throw your hatred upon the muslim igbos after you separate? [/b]

What? I bet you there are less than 100 muslim Igbo's IN THE WHOLE WORLD! Frankly, I only heard of one and he died in the 1990's. Anyway, a muslim Igbo is far evolved to want to kill somebody. And in Igbo land, there is freedom of religion. We don't care what you worship. Have you heard of mosques being burnt in the South East or Igbo's trying to impose their religion on anyone? We don't give a rat ass.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@EzeUche; #18 on: Today at 02:13:24 PM »There is Islam in that Christian East, you Islam hater. Will you not throw your hatred upon the muslim igbos after you separate?

I do not hate anyone. I simply hate religious extremist and people who do not value my people's lives.  And most of the religious extremist are found in only one region in Nigeria.

My people have never been pacified. The majority of Igbos do not wish to be in this union. Go on Facebook, go on Twitter, go to Igboland and ask the average Igbo how they feel about this union.

I can't speak for other groups, but for my people, I will say that 90% of the Ndigbo would be in support of our nation.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by LadyT(f): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
Everyone who doesnt have oil in his/her land should go and bloody farm! people will always need food.  I have been saying it for sometime we Yorubas need to get some sense into our heads and start serious farming.

It is a disgrace that Nigeria has to import food!

Leave the oil to the south south, delta regions its their land their black gold!

I have no problems with us having very open borders a few of my family married across tribes but let every sect rule himself and lets stop this madness.  We tried to make it work but this a failed marriage!

Lets get a bloody divorce.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2011
deadie:

Today's Nigeria is hell and heaven joined together.

Truer words have never been used before to describe Nigeria.   They should be inserted into our national anthem.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
deadie:

What? I bet you there are less than 100 muslim Igbo's IN THE WHOLE WORLD! Frankly, I only heard of one and he died in the 1990's. Anyway, a muslim Igbo is far evolved to want to kill somebody. And in Igbo land, there is freedom of religion. We don't care what you worship. Have you heard of mosques being burnt in the South East or Igbo's trying to impose their religion on anyone? We don't give a rat backside.

Muslim Igbos do exist, but most of them come from the North and only joined the religion in order to integrate with their host communities. However, as we know, this is not about religion.

This is about bigotry and intolerance in the North.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

Oh Lawd, Tippy Top is just a silly Arrow. I am sure you find it hard to see beyond your nose. Poor chile. SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY, ABEG! Silly Arrow!
@Virgo
We seem to feel the same here, the first time I wanted to post here, I wanted to vehemently say "DIVIDE THE F-U-K-C-I-NG COUNTRY" but did not want anybody to get offended and get angry that I used the F-word on Nigeria even( I hardly ever use the F-word but I am mad at this killings right now) when I meant no offense  and is only saying for people to be given their own countries so that peace can reign. At the end I stuck to the mantra "LET THE DIVISION BEGIN"!

Wow!
SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY!
LET THE DIVISION BEGIN!

Everybody make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nne Biko leave Tippy we are all free to express how we feel and we are such refined ladies that we don't allow anybody bring us down to the level of the almaji--what again? or boko-hell- what do they call themselves?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
deadie:

My brother it won't happen, Igbo and Yoruba can never trust each other hence the next best option is a "True Federation" with resource control.
This is what AWOLOWO Said:
"If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation, "

The politics of money won't allow separation.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by ektbear: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
@lastpage:

Based on what, though? What is the basis for this superiority? They are poorer. They mixed a lot of animism and paganism into their "Islam" up until the 1800s (this is a big reason why Dan Fodio conquered them all.)

So why is a Hausa Muslim superior to a Yoruba one?

Less wealthy, and has no older credentials in Islam. What then is the basis? Silly arrogance.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by hlexzy: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

"I suspect he is Auchi. Muslims there has northern sentiments. Understandable"

LOL! Then  he is delusional. Hausa Muslims won't even pray in the same mosque with their Yoruba counterparts.  grin I am laughing so hard. Tippy Top honey, no biggie if you feel closer to the North than the much saner south. Ever heard of the word "migration". Lol, what a joke!
Have witness such before in sabo Ibadan,the Hausa"s reject the imam to lead ju"mat just because he"s Yoruba, imagine even in Yoruba land, o
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by wealthnet: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
Where are the security apparatus in this country[ SSS, Police, ATS, ABS, Army, Navy, Air force etc.]?. The insecurity situation is a serious threat to unity of this country. Let Mr President take a serious and sincere decision on this because every part of Nigeria belongs to his constituency. All the Heads of these various security outfit are under Presidency.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
LadyT:

Everyone who doesnt have oil in his/her land should go and bloody farm! people will always need food.  I have been saying it for sometime we Yorubas need to get some sense into our heads and start serious farming.

It is a disgrace that Nigeria has to import food!

Leave the oil to the south south, delta regions its their land their black gold!

I have no problems with us having very open borders a few of my family married across tribes but let every sect rule himself and lets stop this madness.  We tried to make it work but this a failed marriage!

Lets get a bloody divorce.

Believe me, I used to say that we have much to gain from each by remaining one. HOWEVER, with the CONSTANT massacre that keeps recurring in the North, I have come to question that position. Who will have the mind to kill YOUTH CORPS members serving in their land? I served in Yobe State and believe me, people were crying in the kind of environment we were sent to. And to get killed in that condition by the illiterate hosts you are serving over nothing they have control of? Only one section of the country is capable of such action, the rest have evolved past that stage.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

Bingo.  After 7 pages of misses and near misses, someone at last, hits the target.  Thank you sir.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by ektbear: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
hlexzy:

Have witness such before in sabo Ibadan,the Hausa"s reject the imam to lead ju"mat just because he"s Yoruba, imagine even in Yoruba land, o

Then they should be banished. They should return to their homeland, then.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

My brother it won't happen, Igbo and Yoruba can never trust each other hence the next best option is a "True Federation" with resource control.
This is what AWOLOWO Said:
"If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation, "

The politics of money won't allow separation.

With resource control we still remain one country right? And those from the Southern section of the country will still be massacred at the slightest no provocation? Lives are not guaranteed in the North. Resource control will not address such an issue. Security agencies cannot address the situation there. Northern Nigeria has all similarities with present day Pakistan and Afghanistan. And if care is not taken, they will start exporting their new found hobbies (blowing stuffs up) to Enugu, PH and Lagos. Watch and see.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Ivynwa, it is just funny. I know that things will never get better in this country at the rate these people are going. The CIA was right about 2015. Intelligence reports say that Al Qaeda is in the North. Who invited them? It is equally sad that the North feels more affinity to Niger and Chad than the Middle Belt and South. Really sad! But we must not keep silent again. We did for 38 years and nothing came out of it. A split is the best option, no doubt.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
deadie:

Believe me, I used to say that we have much to gain from each by remaining one. HOWEVER, with the CONSTANT massacre that keeps recurring in the North, I have come to question that position. Who will have the mind to kill YOUTH CORPS members serving in their land? I served in Yobe State and believe me, people were crying in the kind of environment we were sent to. And to get killed in that condition by the illiterate hosts you are serving over nothing they have control of? Only one section of the country is capable of such action, the rest have evolved past that stage.

Thanks deadie/alivee,
Exactly my words, they keep taking us back to the stone age, such primitiveness is embarrasing. We don't want to be with them anymore if they have to keep killing us, why are they even holding onto us if they don't love us and we don't want to be with them anymore?

EzeUche__:

Muslim Igbos do exist, but most of them come from the North and only joined the religion in order to integrate with their host communities. However, as we know, this is not about religion.

kulutempa:

Bingo.  After 7 pages of misses and near misses, someone at last, hits the target.  Thank you sir.

But that is what we have been talking about, they can't tolerate anybody----people have ran away from the north, the remaining few there they are killing. They are so full of hatred that they kill their fellow hausas when the evil of religious extremism shacks their heads. We don't want to be one with them anymore. LET THE DIVISION BEGIN!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by manugbo(m): 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
PLS GUYS,

IM STILL UNABLE TO DEDUCE THE REASON WHY BUHARI CRIED DURING THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.

PLS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE REASON PLSSSSSSSSSSSS GUYSSSS.

PLS CAN AYONE TELL ME THE REASONSSSSSSSS PLSSSSSSSSS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What The Niger Delta Want From The Nigeria State / IPOB Should Be Converted To A Political Party - Kanu’s In-Law And IPOB Prophet / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.