Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq (15780 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ekt_bear, oh they won't go to their homeland, what do they have there? Look as an American on Huffington post pointed out, those with the violent brand of Islam claim to be peace loving when they are in the minority. The moment they swell in numbers, they do not hesitate to take up arms against their hosts. Same thing we see in Plateau, Benue and Niger. Dozens of Muslims in Niger state including an Imam was murdered over cattle dispute. Why? They opened their doors to their "brothers".
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Manugo, Buhari's tears was a ploy to incite his followers. He smelled his defeat and knew that the ordinary Hausa man has been brainwashed to think that they are being marginalized by the rest of the country. So his tears were meant to invoke passions in his supporters. And we saw where those passions led to. Some people are so insincere.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
Let them kill themselves who cares? And any Southerners who loves money more than life can live up North and die.

Any NYSC member ready to be a Corpse can venture into voting booth. I cant die for Nigeria, cos am dead already.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by manugbo(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
PLS GUYS,

IM STILL UNABLE TO DEDUCE THE REASON WHY BUHARI CRIED DURING THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.

PLS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE REASON PLSSSSSSSSSSSS GUYSSSS.

PLS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE REASONSSSSSSSS PLSSSSSSSSS
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by manugbo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ VIGO,

Thanks a lot.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
There should be a division. Its seems the northerners are not willing to change. The north would definitely be a terrorist hotbed within the next few years.
Division is the answer.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by nadkaf: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
It is all nice and good to ask for the country to be split, it has become a recurring chant in the past few weeks. But I have yet to read anyone give a useful suggestion on how this can be done, along what lines the splits should occur, meaningful and useful critique and not just a whole lot of useless dribble, part of an unending mass chorus!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by manugbo(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
peaceful division is the way to go wink.

BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THE NORTHERN STATES AND IRAQ OR PARKISTAN
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by stildude(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
In the event of a split, Edo state will gladly and naturally go with the south. Edo state (at least the binis) has historical connection with most southern neigbours. With the yorubas - Oduduwa and eko; with the deltans- Bendel; calabarites and ibomites - Oba Ovorame ; with Rivers - omurku people; with Ijaws - gelegele; with ibos- asaba and onisha; with tiv and idoma - similar traditional attire and lifestyle with the Esans and the Edo people in general; With other middle belt states- civilization and sophistication; with hausa/fulanis - none! If Edo needs to be alone, they can stand on their own gladly too.

Reasons of folks wanting a split:
1. lack of unity
2. mutual suspicion
3. incessant and unjustyfiable killings of relatives living in the north
4. deadly religious extremism exhibited by the north
5. clear differences in traits and  of the two regions, whether socially, educationally, genetically or otherwise that bring about complexes between the two group
6. tribal and religious sentiments in the sharing formula and federal allocation.
7. Others (your opinion)

Reasons of folks who want unity:
1. Being in power, relatives of those in power or benefiting from the Nigerian project
2. Wanting to be politically correct or a genuine or hypocritic perception of patriotism
3. Geographically from the part of the divide that gain more from the union
4. Uncertainty or suspect on the outcome of the new union
5. Naivety
6. Beliefs (most christian leaders advocate and preach one Nigeria to their followers and they tend to buy into the idea)
7. plain silly

My reasons

Falls more within the last 2 reasons just above.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by LadyT(f): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
nadkaf:

It is all nice and good to ask for the country to be split, it has become a recurring chant in the past few weeks. But I have yet to read anyone give a useful suggestion on how this can be done, along what lines the splits should occur, meaningful and useful critique and not just a whole lot of useless dribble, part of an unending mass chorus!!!

And how do you suggest innocent people stop being murdered by the savages in the north?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by lastpage: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ekt-bear: Based on what, though? What is the basis for this superiority? They are poorer. They mixed a lot of animism and paganism into their "Islam" up until the 1800s (this is a big reason why Dan Fodio conquered them all.)

So why is a Hausa Muslim superior to a Yoruba one?

Less wealthy, and has no older credentials in Islam. What then is the basis? Silly arrogance.

The only thing we can do is LAUGH!
Its a kind of idiotic arrogance borne out of fanatical indoctrination!

I use to think "RELIGION" is strong enough a bond to "unite" people because God is above anyone but not for my HAUSA BROTHERS!

Tippy Top has been hammering at the "healthy competition" between Yorubas and Igbos!

Question is: ASIDE FROM THESE MURDEROUS ALMAJERIS,
*Show me one instance where IGBOS have beheaded YORUBAS for just being YORUBA or MUSLIMS, in the EAST?
*Show me one instance where YORUBAS have burnt IGBO HUMANS to death, just because they are IGBOS or Christians?

We can have disagreements on anything (politics, policies,e.t.c) but we will NEVER as a people, kill for the sake of Religion or Tribe!
(You need to see the fight between myself and I.K., when we were small!  grin )

Even the 1967 Civil war was an abberation instigated by Northerners!
(and then co-opting Yorubas into it, through Awolowo's selfish interest, l must say! Like all elites, he wanted to rule over "a vast Nigeria" than a "smaller Oodua" country and thank the God of Justice, he never did!)

Go to Idumota, Badagry, Lekki, Ajegunle, Apapa and about every other place in Lagos and see how IGBOS flourish! Go to Onitsha and see YORUBAS inter-married and living happily with IGBOS, without any fear at all! That is the Nigeria of our dreams, not some fear-mongering, murderous shit-heads!
Your "divide-and-rule", fear mongering strategy does not hold at all.

That the YORUBAS will vote for GEJ (a S-South person), That the IGBOS would vote for GEJ, over Buhari or one Dele Momodu grin is a CLEAR INDICATION THAT NIGERIA IS NO LONGER THE NIGERIA OF YESTERDAY!
The divide and rule of the civil war days are beyond us in the South. We share a common culture of respect for human life and welcoming strangers(non-natives) in our midst! Can we say the same of Northern Muslims?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
LeoMax:

Let them kill themselves who cares? And any Southerners who loves money more than life can live up North and die.

Any NYSC member ready to be a Corpse can venture into voting booth. I cant die for Nigeria, cos am dead already.

I agree with your comment but the highlighted quote. Those killed were not in poling booths, they went to their lodges and killed them. And there will continue to be more NYSC victims as long as they keep sending them to the north to serve. If the southern politician have brains at all, they should vote to scrap NYSC. The North will suffer most as they are the ones who benefit mostly from the exercise. Most of their schools lack teachers. And believe me, I was the only professional in my profession in the hospital where I served. Still, I could have been part of statistics.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2011
THESE NORTHERN NORMADS ARE VERY SMART, EVERYTIME THE CAUSE PROBLEM, THEY COME TO NAIRALAND AND HIDE BEHIND RELIGION, THEY TELL US THAT THEY HAVE BEEN OFFENDED, THAT THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED AGAINST THEM, THAT THEY DONT HAVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY LIKE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, BUT THE MINUTE THE TOPIC OF DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY COMES UP, THEY ARE THEY FIRST REFUSE IT, THEY WILL TELL US THAT IS NOT THE SOLUTION  TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEM, HERE IS MY SOLUTION
1. CARVE THE NORTH AWAY, LET THEM HAVE SAI BUHARI AS THEIR LIFE PRESIDENT SINCE THEY ARE READY TO KILL FOR HIM. (THEY CAN HAVE THE NAME NIGERIA, WE WILL GET A NEW NAME FOR OUR SELVES)
2  CARVE THE NORTH AWAY, LET THE REST OF THE NEW UNIOUN PRACTICE TRUE FEDERALISM,
3 OR WHAT THE HECK, WE CAN JUST NUKE THE CATTLE REARERS AND BECOME VEGETARIANS grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
LadyT:

Everyone who doesnt have oil in his/her land should go and bloody farm! people will always need food.  I have been saying it for sometime we Yorubas need to get some sense into our heads and start serious farming.

It is a disgrace that Nigeria has to import food!

Leave the oil to the south south, delta regions its their land their black gold!

I have no problems with us having very open borders a few of my family married across tribes but let every sect rule himself and lets stop this madness.  We tried to make it work but this a failed marriage!
Lets get a bloody divorce.

Ivynwa:
Ivynwa gives Virgo a high five I must remind Ezeuche to send you an invite to that special meeting where we are going to seriously negotiate the division with some international organisations, if the elders of this country have refused to be elders and read the handwriting on the wall, we youths mustn't stand aloof and fold our arms. Let the division begin!

I am not even all-so-politics or tribalist, let the country be split up into as many parts as we can tolerate ourselves, If the south refuse to be together let each side be on its own and have peace , the oil producing area can have their own country and enjoy the resources that belong to them. The South-east can have their own country and the south-west can have their own country. Anything that can stop this killing of innocents while the rich squander the wealth of the nation in their houses. We are all a hardworking set of people and can all survive in countries of our own with or without oil (the hausas are even great farmers and traders that can build a great economy on their own).
Above all resources can get to the masses

@LadyT
Girl are you in my head? Where have you been? We seem to be thinking alike. What is your own mantra again?
LET'S GET A DIVORCE!!
Make some noise!!!!!!!!

How can you tire of a person and wish to be let go and the person is holding on to you against your voilition and killing you? What kind of a person stays to await total annihilation?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nigeria we hail thee. Foolish old man at 51 grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
lastpage:

The only thing we can do is LAUGH!
Its a kind of idiotic arrogance borne out of fanatical indoctrination!

I use to think "RELIGION" is strong enough a bond to "unite" people because God is above anyone but not for my HAUSA BROTHERS!

Tippy Top has been hammering at the "healthy competition" between Yorubas and Igbos!

Question is: ASIDE FROM THESE MURDEROUS ALMAJERIS,
*Show me one instance where IGBOS have beheaded YORUBAS for just being YORUBA or MUSLIMS, in the EAST?
*Show me one instance where YORUBAS have burnt IGBO HUMANS to death, just because they are IGBOS or Christians?

We can have disagreements on anything (politics, policies,e.t.c) but we will NEVER as a people, kill for the sake of Religion or Tribe!
(You need to see the fight between myself and I.K., when we were small!  grin )

Even the 1967 Civil war was an abberation instigated by Northerners!
(and then co-opting Yorubas into it, through Awolowo's selfish interest, l must say! Like all elites, he wanted to rule over "a vast Nigeria" than a "smaller Oodua" country and thank the God of Justice, he never did!)

Go to Idumota, Badagry, Lekki, Ajegunle, Apapa and about every other place in Lagos and see how IGBOS flourish! Go to Onitsha and see YORUBAS inter-married and living happily with IGBOS, without any fear at all! That is the Nigeria of our dreams, not some fear-mongering, murderous poo-heads!
Your "divide-and-rule", fear mongering strategy does not hold at all.

That the YORUBAS will vote for GEJ (a S-South person), That the IGBOS would vote for GEJ, over Buhari or one Dele Momodu grin is a CLEAR INDICATION THAT NIGERIA IS NO LONGER THE NIGERIA OF YESTERDAY!
The divide and rule of the civil war days are beyond us in the South. [size=8pt]We share a common culture of respect for human life and welcoming strangers(non-natives) in our midst! Can we say the same of Northern Muslims?[/color]

GBAM! I hereby nominate you for the ODIDIGBOIGBO OF AFRICA  grin grin grin (Ibori is henceforth stripped of the title).
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
mikeujoel:

Nigeria we hail thee. Foolish old man at 51 grin

LWKMD
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
On a very serious note, if I were Jonathan Goodluck,  I would be careful,  very  careful with my security arrangements.  The forces against him are evil and believe that violence is the solution to all political problems.  I would therefore not be surprised if in the next few months they do not try to make an attempt to assassinate Jonathan and take him out of the picture.    They have already shown what they are capable of doing and they will stop at nothing to achieve their aims.  Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by manugbo(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2011
YORUBAS AND IBOS INTER-MARRY AND LIVE PEACEFULLY.

BUT HW MANY YORUBA WOMEN ARE MARRIED TO HAUSA MEN OR IBO TO HAUSA MEN.

U CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE NW.

THIS SHOWS THAT IBOS CAN COPE WITH YORUBAS, BUT HAUSA NA NO GO AREA

EVEN THE MUSLIM YORUBA WOMAN, CAN SHE MARRY AND LIVE PEACEFULLY WITH AN HAUSA MAN.

I BEG MAKE WE TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH HERE
I HAVE NOT SEEN SUCH YET
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by stildude(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2011
I don't think weakening the center and strenghtening the parts and granting a strong autonomy to the parts for reason of resource control is the reason for the dissaffection with the north. It is the reckless violence and murder of southerners living in the north. Do you think the robots in the north will not kill innocent southerners in the midst even if they controlled their own resources in a true federation. I think, it may well increase the reasons for these violent behaviours  that are quickly given to justify the murder of innocent southerners in the north. such as: impoverishment, lack of education, political manipulation, religious extremism, etc. In that scenario( weakened center and regional resource control), therefore, a southerner from another federal state could still be killed if they in the north think they are not righteous enough or the fumes from their cars blew away pages of their koran.

Don't you think it is more complex than that?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Brite02(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
hmmmmmmmm, killing the innocents is entirely wicked acts. I just pity what they believe in. If spliting is the last result i'll gladly endorsed my signature. The northern ways and their beliefs tire me, if they're looking for people to kill to apeace their beliefs they can gladly join the army and go to war. . .
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
kulutempa:

On a very serious note, if I were Jonathan Goodluck,  I would be careful,  very  careful with my security arrangements.  The forces against him are evil and believe that violence is the solution to all political problems.  I would therefore not be surprised if in the next few months they do not try to make an attempt to assassinate Jonathan and take him out of the picture.    They have already shown what they are capable of doing and they will stop at nothing to achieve their aims.  Goodluck Jonathan.  

U just echoed what one journalist wrote in his column in Sun newspaper. The possibility that these murderers are singing peace to distract us from their evil plans. They want to win the trust of the rest of us by blaming government for security lapses. If we make the mistake of agreeing with them, the possibility of a Jonathan assassination is very high. Then we can say, he was killed because we didn't like his way of governance. To their outright dismay, the South is singing a different tune. You need to read what nonsense they are saying on FB and everywhere. Lol. We cannot be fooled a second time. No way! The writing is on the wall now and they know that we are watching them and we are well aware of their evil intentions. First was the plan to cause problems and have the military intervene, unfortunately the military didn't. Second is to go on the internet and give us a thousand and one reason why we should stay together, while blaming Jonathan for security lapses. One Nigeria indeed! Those building surrounding Eagles square had better be watched. It makes a very good hiding place for a sniper, hired by our Northern "brothers".
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
At the end of the day, we are all here typing away our feelings on our keyboards and some innocent people that were already hustling through hardship are dead while some are in pains just because some people were wrongly told that they are f-r-e-a-king born to rule over others, over oil-rich lands that are very far away from their land and does not even belong to them (I mean the owners of this oil,the deltans are not even taking up arms and killing the whole nation for the oil and these ones are falling upon all of us that Nigeria belongs to them). Let them take the name Nigeria and answer alone and let us get another name for ourselves Ojare.
Are those killers s-t-u-p-i-d? How many more heads do they want for their hatredness to be assuaged?, whose head deserve to be cut down for their primitive minds, NONE! and that is the main issue.
Something has to be done to stop this killing people.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
In Nothern Nigeria
Draw some Prophet in Denmark = kill a Southerner/Christian
Hold beauty peagant = kill Southerner/Christian
Lose election = kill southerner/Christian
Christmas celebration = time to kill some infidels
"Insult the prophet" = kill more infidels

Yet, their slogan remains "Is-Lame is a religion of piss"
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by state84: 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
With all the mess going on in this part of the country, sokoto has remained peaceful. Is there something the state gorvernment is doing right that others should emulate?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by state84: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
With all the mess going on in this part of the country, sokoto has remained peaceful. Is there something the state gorvernment is doing right that others should emulate?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by 190: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
IS THE VIEW OF THE NORTH OVER SPACE

OR WHAT!!

**Note the burnt affected area** might be the cause of the bomb in the northern part of IRAQ

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by emmke(m): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
divide da country? Well give me my middle belt. I dont need no igbo or hausa. I like yorubas though, but still give me my middle belt. i wont miss no one. wink
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by otondo55: 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
Enough is Enough !

It is over for this Northerners !

Division is the solution, if our elders are not doing something

about this "unholy marriage", as they benefit from it.

We the youth are standing our ground !

NIGERIA  MUST  DIVIDE, NOW !!!!!!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by osajojo(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
If we succeed in dividing Nigeria I assure you we would continue to divide as every region as its own diversity problems but the truth is that the division is important lets give it a try. the disadvantages would be less
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by White007(m): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
@virgo, ivynwa, kulutempa, deadie, Ezeuche and the rest of you who support the splitting of Nigeria, thank you all, for you all spoke my mind. Enough is Enough! Why are we forcing this union? We aren't compactible, for how long must we keep decieving ourselves?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

@ekt_bear, oh they won't go to their homeland, what do they have there? Look as an American on Huffington post pointed out, those with the violent brand of Islam claim to be peace loving when they are in the minority. The moment they swell in numbers, they do not hesitate to take up arms against their hosts. Same thing we see in Plateau, Benue and Niger. Dozens of Muslims in Niger state including an Imam was murdered over cattle dispute. Why? They opened their doors to their "brothers".

Mohammad practiced this deception himself. In the beginning when he was in a weak position he preached tolerance. However when he gained the upperhand militarily, he went for slaughter. This is where the conflict arise. Muslims who quote the peaceful passage are quoting from the early years. The later passages where brutal. "Slay them where ever you find them" Guess whose words are those?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reps Sex Scandal Investigation Begins Today / Gov Ajimobi Celebrates His Senior Personal Assistant / Houses Linked To Me By EFCC, A Wild Goose Chase - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.