Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq (15779 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Lanquart: 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
SEE HOW TARIBO WEST DEFRAUDED THOUSANDS OF NIGERIANS ASPIRING FOOTBALLERS IN THE NAME OF  FUTURE STARS TALENT HAUNT.
It was precisely on July 6th 2010 that my younger brother who is a talented footballer brought my attention to Taribo West advert  in the Sun newspaper of that day.After going through the advert,I called the GSM numbers(Tony-08037156694,Mike-08058102934,Wale-08058105219,Greg-01-7310406) they put in the advert to confirm the authenticity of the Talent Haunt and I was convinced that it was indeed Taribo Wests' pet project.
To cut the Long story short,I resisted for my younger brother,my two cousins and two other boys from my town that I know that want to make a career in football.
I paid the total sum of N15000(Fifteen thousand naira) for the five boys.Also,I know of another friend that registered more than 10 boys and from the inquiries I made,more than 10,000(Ten thousand Nigerian registered for this Taribo's 419 talent haunt.
Initially,they told us that the competition will kick off in September 2010.Since then,nothing have been heard from Taribo and his dubious team.
We have been calling the numbers they displayed in the advert to refund our money only for them to be threatened us each time we asked them to refund our money.
I want Nigerians to see how Taribo West dupes young Nigerians of their hard earned money. 10,000 * 3000 =30,000,000. Taribo has succeeded in scamming young Nigerians, total amount of N30,000,000. Nigerians,is this fair?, Attached is acopy of their advert in the Sun newspaper of Tuesday,July 6th,2010 (Page 5)

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by mansmith(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
an unexamined life is not wort living,what would it profit these terrorist to waste the lives of innocent Nigerians,just because one illiterate Alahaji asked you to detonate a bomb?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2011
Hello northerners,i received d news of ur extremist poppin bombs like champagne in ur frustrated region wit smiles on my face, BUT, be informed dat any foolish move to involve d south,west or east in ur celebombtion will lead to ur extinction frm d planet as u 'll get tripple of wat u must hav bargained for, so, pop up d bombs fools!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
The "we must divide" brigand is getting to an all time high.
Instead of internet warrious doing something about separation (hopefully they would be arrested for treason), they come here and mouth to ridiculous and nauseating extremes.
Jeeeze am bored with tribal bigotry.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by HighChief4(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
One can put up with someone from any other part of Nigeria, but living with an Hausa man is almost impossible cos we are totally different people. Heartless set of people who derive joy in killing
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
High_Chief:

One can put up with someone from any other part of Nigeria, but living with an Hausa man is almost impossible cos we are totally different people. Heartless set of people who derive joy in killing

Yet you're happy to live with Germans, French, Brits, Americans, Chinese etc.
Tell me you're joking.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by juman(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
According to my little understanding,  Boko Haram are group of people calling for Islamic state according to their level of knowlegde and understanding of Islam. I see them as members of a brand of Islamic movement.

Government need to go to their level and have some discusions with them with those people  they trusted.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/20961-bomb-blast-kills-3-in-borno-14-injured-we-wont-respect-nigerias-constitution-boko-haram
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
The "we must divide" brigand is getting to an all time high.
Instead of internet warrious doing something about separation (hopefully they would be arrested for treason), they come here and mouth to ridiculous and nauseating extremes.
Jeeeze am bored with tribal bigotry.

If you are bored then hug transformer.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Arosa(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
Their God must be very proud of them or He will punish them in hell for killing Innocent peeps. which one?  undecided
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
chamber2:

If you are bored then hug transformer.

Your stupidity make me wanna pull my hair out.
Jeeeeeeeze
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2011

Tell me you're joking.

I would rather stay in iraq than is an hausa land
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by mithel(m): 3:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
why is dis happening na,me don tire oooo. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 3:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
Your stupidity make me wanna pull my hair out.
Jeeeeeeeze

Pls do
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

Tell me you're joking.

Did you really make that statement? Honestly, a European would probably value my life more than a Hausa man would ever value my life.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
chamber2:

I would rather stay in iraq than is an hausa land

(You already reside in chamber2) or alternatively the gas chamber.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Arosa(m): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
chamber2:

Pls do
grin grin grin grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by HighChief4(m): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

Tell me you're joking.

Yes cos we may think alike and have conscience. It is even better for a white man to treat me badly than the one called my own and countryman. Please tell your people to stop the killing.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by oluagness(m): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nigeria almagamation was engineered by selfish interest of white. The only solution to the constant killing of innocent people is to divide the country into its old northern and southern protectorate.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
(You already reside in chamber2) or alternatively the gas chamber.

, and that gives me joy than residing in an hausa land.North is hell and hausas are in hell too.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

Did you really make that statement? Honestly, a European would probably value my life more than a Hausa man would ever value my life.

Replace the "Hausa man" with any Nigerian and the above statement would still hold true.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by tempest01(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
I think our law enforcing agencies should start now 2 get equipped for anti terrorism. Cause terrorism has fallen on us. When the masses are led astray and the politicians associate politics with religion in order to get votes, this happens.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
It looks like it is now time to start exploring the default option:  Partition of Nigeria along religious lines.
This was in fact the political  outcome of two strategic British ex colonies when they got independence -  India and Palestine in 1947

Partition of India into India and Pakistan in 1947

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India

The partition of India set a precedent for countries like Israel which demanded a separate homeland because of the irreconciliable differences between the Arabs and the Jews.  The British left and handed over the Palestine Mandate to the UN in 1947 which passed a resolution in November 1947 to partition Palestine into Jewish and Arab areas.

Partition of Palestine into Arab and Jewish areas in 1947 lead to the creation of Israel in May 1948.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

It looks like this is an option that our leaders should have considered in the years leading to independence in 1960, but did not.   It seems to me a matter of common sense and logic that if we have irreconciable differences like these other countries, perhaps it is time to start considering partition as a political solution.

Partition of Nigeria into Christian and Muslim countries ?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
Thank God i have no northern friend cos when we shall strike no stone will be left unturned. Enough is Enough
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Bassey131: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ Beaf,
Has PapaBrowne contacted you yet; re- ICC? I need to contat both of you.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by 2mch(m): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
This is what happens when the government is consumed with stealing and oil money. They have abandoned all other aspects of running the country. All they are interested in is FEC billion naira allocation meetings, or senate bonuses. They forget about security, fundamentals, and guarding their backyard. Now the chicken's have come home to roost, people are shaking. Una never hear am. At the end of all this, Nigerian's will be wiser. They will be forced to be wiser, and demand better. 98% are hungry, 2% robbing the country blind and expect to have peace. These hungry 98% are cheap and easy prey for fundamentalists and opportunists.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
kulutempa:

It looks like it is now time to start exploring the default option:  Partition of Nigeria along religious lines.
This was in fact the political  outcome of two strategic British ex colonies when they got independence -  India and Palestine in 1947

Partition of India into India and Pakistan in 1947

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India

The partition of India did not bring the desired peace, Pakistan broke away from Indian and  Bangladesh broke  away from Pakistan. There are minority all over the federation, where are these people suppose to go? India still has a sizable number of Moslems and Christians even now.
We should advocate true Federalism.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by afrika(f): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
Hello all,
Its saddening that the northerns do not want to make their youths / almajiris understand the importance of education.
They do not want to help them develop rather embezzle the federal allocations mapped for such sections and believe in them alms as support and as though it from the heart.

Its poor and unbelieveable that the so called big wigs in the north have all their children studyin abroad and becoming meaningful portfolio holders.

its not that the almajiris cannot go to school or pay school fees but the so called big wigs do not want to encourage free education in this areas. but welcomed the slogan "education as a sin".

In this forum, whether buhari or jonathan, whoever that has been pronounced the winner is going to lead. the good tin is that the whole nigerians, i mean, 89 percent5 of then are proud of the president and now nigeria.

we jus need to embrace the challenge and if u have a brother participatin in the on going fighting or bombing, why not advice him. if your father is among those instigating this chaios, advice him in a low tone. whoever, be it ur uncle, daddy, grandfather etc.

the country is no more interestin with all these things happening. but remember that wat goes around still comes around. one can never escape from the after effects. be you the 'killer or the killee.'

we jus need to support Jonathan to make this place like the UK or US or SAUDI or SA etc.
love u all
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by JUO(m): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
this is serious
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
No one can stop this.

No Society Ever Has Lived in Peace with a Sizable Population of Muslims Within It.

Look around the world.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
What more can i said?
Everything is working as planned for bakare and buhari .
'kill and go to their hell heaven with 7 'virgins'
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Opoki(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
I'll address this political/religion upheaval from the lay-man view and pls kindly quote me politely.
Our constitution which contains more than 75000 words with alot of amendments failed to meet the demand/interest of each ethnic group e.g. While do our student still pay extra charges if not belong to the "state of origin".
American Declaration of independent contains less than 2000 words so also Chinish declaration of independent,i don't think they spend so much on amendment like we do here.
Besides Most nigerians (abokis) never knew the "cause" they are fighting for,they are one way traffic,"tell them to walk,they will run,tell them to run,they'll fly,tell them to go and they will never come back". I think if they understand the cause, dialogue would have being better like yaradua did.
Conclusively,the 1914 amalgamation has failed,the constitution is failing i think we should split,we don't need the likes of jack bauer,vaughn,Sydney bristows,Dixon, marshall, arvin sloane to help us tackle this f@@ls.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
chamber2:

Thank God [b]i have no northern friend [/b]cos when we shall strike no stone will be left unturned. Enough is Enough

Who dash you friend, abeg carry go jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation / 20 Great Oscar Wilde Quotes For Our Political Times / Reps Sex Scandal Investigation Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.