Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Who Is A Lagosian ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Lagosian ? (6797 Views)

WHO IS A Lagosian?let The Truth Be Told. / APC Governorship Ticket In Lagos Akinwunmi Ambode Not A Lagosian,jamb(Photo) / Who Is A Lagosian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by aljharem3: 5:01am On May 18, 2011
Dede1:

What is this notation in bold? What about Cameroonian or Jamaican Awori?

i think they exist, i know some one who's his ancestors were brazilians

something something Da silva

his surname was brazilian and his name was yoruba

he said he was awori but mixed with brazilian hertage

so i do not think he is lying

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 5:46am On May 18, 2011
Every Nigerian and foreigner that is born and currently lives in Lagos state on a long term basis is a Lagosian.
Let me put it in the perspective of some arguments here. If non-Yorubas are not Lagosians, what then makes all Yoruba people Lagosians? If we are talking of indegenes, Then people from Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun etc are not Lagosians too.

As a matter of fact, I am more Lagosian than some Yorubas that are ranting here. Many of the people ranting here have never stepped into their villages in Nigeria, talkless of Lagos.

As long as you live in Lagos, you are a Lagosian. If you want it to be only for Yorubas, join me so that we can push for the division of Nigeria. If not, Shut the heck up! LMAO!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by apoti(m): 6:09am On May 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

A Lagosian should be anyone that resides in Lagos and not about where you were born . . . .that is what developed nations does, but Nigeria is about where you were born, and not even that but where your parents were born, or worse still, where you father was born.

Imagine someone that has never been to Kaduna and yet has to be refereed to as someone from Kaduna all cos the father was born in Kaduna, such person cant go to Kaduna to contest for office and where he resides wont let him, cos his father is not from there.

These are some the things that has to be stopped.

I stayed in Owerri for almost 7 years, I was never seen as an 'imolite' or an 'igbo' (i never wanted to be anyway)  wink.
I remember my neighbours call me names like 'obasanjo brother' and 'Yoruba man' cheesy, it was very annoying at first but I had to live with it.

As far as Nigeria is concerned bear ya papa name o! Lagos is for Yoruba  smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by aljharem3: 6:12am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Every Nigerian and foreigner that is born and currently lives in Lagos state on a long term basis is a Lagosian.
Let me put it in the perspective of some arguments here. If non-Yorubas are not Lagosians, what then makes all Yoruba people Lagosians? If we are talking of indegenes, Then people from Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun etc are not Lagosians too.

As a matter of fact, I am more Lagosian than some Yorubas that are ranting here. Many of the people ranting here have never stepped into their villages in Nigeria, talkless of Lagos.

As long as you live in Lagos, you are a Lagosian. If you want it to be only for Yorubas, join me so that we can push for the division of Nigeria. If not, Shut the heck up! LMAO!

u joking right!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by ektbear: 6:21am On May 18, 2011
Probably the indigenes and whoever the indigenes allow to be considered "Lagosians."

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 6:21am On May 18, 2011
apoti:

I stayed in Owerri for almost 7 years, I was never seen as an 'imolite' or an 'igbo' (i never wanted to be anyway)  wink.
I remember my neighbours call me names like 'obasanjo brother' and 'Yoruba man' cheesy, it was very annoying at first but I had to live with it.

As far as Nigeria is concerned bear ya papa name o! Lagos is for Yoruba  smiley

[b]There is a difference between being a Lagosian and wanting to be a Lagosian. You dint want to be known as an Imolite, that didn't stop you from being an imolite. When you were there, you were an imolite. You didn't need to be checked by the immigration or stamped in and out when you went there. That is because you are Nigerian, which qualifies you to live and die in any state as a citizen.
Being an imolite does not mean only Igbos from Imo state. Same goes for being a Lagosian. That is how it is on ground.

Your last statement is indeed contrary to the definition of being Nigerian. You can only answer your father's name when Nigeria divides. For now, you are a Nigerian and a member of any state that you are residing in. I am so sure that you are very much against division, but still you want to answer your father's name. Stop confusing yourself. Support division of Nigeria so that you can really answer your father's name, or simply keep quiet and accept things as they are. As I am speaking, millions of Igbos exist as Lagosians. I have also seen Imolites of Yoruba and Hausa origins. You cannot do anything about it.[/b]
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 6:24am On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

u joking right!!!

Why did you think that I was joking?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Nobody: 6:40am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

It's only ibos in lagos that are claiming to be lagosians cuz I'm yet to see a yoruba from Ekiti,ogun,osun,ondo and oyo claiming to be a lagosian.If you want to know,I have lived in Lagos and Abuja for a long time and I have never claimed those to be from these places because my origin still lies in ogun state.
It's just like a yoruba man with thick marks going to Onitsha to claim indigeneship simply because he has spent years in Onitsha.How many federal jobs have you seen ibos being given slots in lagos and other yoruba states ? So what's the point in an ibo claiming to be a lagosian when he can't benefit from the privileges of such status ? Ibos are just squatters in lagos .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 6:59am On May 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

It's only ibos in lagos that are claiming to be lagosians cuz I'm yet to see a yoruba from Ekiti,ogun,osun,ondo and oyo claiming to be a lagosian.If you want to know,I have lived in Lagos and Abuja for a long time and I have never claimed those to be from these places because my origin still lies in ogun state.
It's just like a yoruba man with thick marks going to Onitsha to claim indigeneship simply because he has spent years in Onitsha.How many federal jobs have you seen ibos being given slots in lagos and other yoruba states ? So what's the point in an ibo claiming to be a lagosian when he can't benefit from the privileges of such status ? Ibos are just squatters in lagos .
[b]
Yoroobas claim to be Lagosians. The first response to this post is an evidence.
Contrary to your belief, Igbos in Lagos state are Lagosians. By right ,any Nigerian born and bred in Lagos state is a full blown indegene of Lagos state. If you don't like that, pray for Nigeria to divide for that to change.
Igbos once did not want to be Lagosians, but it was your Yorooba fathers that fought for Igbos to remain with them.
No matter how you want to twist and turn it, Nigeria is for Nigerians. Lagos does not in anyway belong to Yoroobas. Yes, it may have belonged to the indegenes of the lands in the past  (Before independence), but now, it belongs to every Nigerian.
For example, I have houses in Lagos state, and I live in each of them anytime I want. I demand for equal right with other Nigerians, and I get them, because I am Nigerian. No Yorooba man can trespass my lands just because I am an Igbo man, and I don't pay any extra fee that is different from what Yoroobas pay. What other evidence do you need?
When Fashola was contesting for elections, he consulted with Igbo and Hausa Lagosians. He begged for their votes. If he plans as the governor of the state, he does so for Lagosians and not Yoroobas.
Stop deceiving yourselves. Lagos is owned by Lagosians, including me (I own part of Lagos) and Nigerians in general. You cannot change that. If you want to take my properties from me, please go and push for division. If not, stop crying foul play.[/b]
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by aljharem3: 7:05am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
Contrary to your belief, Igbos in Lagos state are Lagosians. By right ,any Nigerian born and bred in Lagos state is a full blown indegene of Lagos state. If you don't like that, pray for Nigeria to divide for that to change.
Igbos once did not want to be Lagosians, but it was your Yorooba fathers that fought for Igbos to remain with them.
No matter how you want to twist and turn it, Nigeria is for Nigerians. Lagos does not in anyway belong to Yoroobas. Yes, it may have belonged to the indegenes of the lands in the past  (Before independence), but now, it belongs to every Nigerian.
For example, I have houses in Lagos state, and I live in each of them anytime I want. I demand for equal right with other Nigerians, and I get them, because I am Nigerian. No Yorooba man can trespass my lands just because I am an Igbo man, and I don't pay any extra fee that is different from what Yoroobas pay. What other evidence do you need?
When Fashola was contesting for elections, he consulted with Igbo and Hausa Lagosians. He begged for their votes. If he plans as the governor of the state, he does so for Lagosians and not Yoroobas.
Stop deceiving yourselves. Lagos is owned by Lagosians, including me (I own part of Lagos) and Nigerians in general. You cannot change that. If you want to take my properties from me, please go and push for division. If not, stop crying foul play.[/b]

its ok

igbos are lagosians

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 7:10am On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

its ok

igbos are lagosians

I am not talking about only Igbos. Every Nigerian in Lagos state, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Isoko, Hausa, Fulani etc are Lagosians. Don't make it an Igbo thing. The post is about "who Lagosians are", and not "if Igbos are Lagosians".
This is the root of the Jos crisis. People that fought for one Nigeria now looking for a way to ensure a DIVIDED UNITY. SMH
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Nobody: 7:15am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
Stop deceiving yourselves. Lagos is owned by Lagosians, including me (I own part of Lagos) and Nigerians in general. You cannot change that. If you want to take my properties from me, please go and push for division. If not, stop crying foul play.

All thses your long sentences are a reflection of the fear of an average ibo man and also inferiority complex.If me as a yoruba man does not claim to be a lagosian despite being born and brought up there,why will an ibo man that is also born and brought up in lagos claim to be a lagosian ? I'm from ogun state,I just take lagos and Abuja as my place of residence even though I have stayed long in these places.How many hausa man claim to be ibo or how many ibos in kano claim to be hausa ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by ektbear: 7:16am On May 18, 2011
I don't think any amount of talk on the internet will change the realities on the ground.

Perhaps in 100 or 200 years time, things will change.

But as things stand, indigeneity is the law of the land in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by TheMatrix3: 7:17am On May 18, 2011
Apart from justcash aπϑ a few odas who has been logical, a lot of ppl who have been ranting here are ignorant, myopic aπϑ ethnoventric. Even Tinubu agrees that lagos is unique cos of its cosmopolitan nature. That am from osun aπϑ came to lagos last year does not make Me more Lagosian than an ibo man that has lived in lagos all his lyf. Yes, some ppl are original lagos indigenes, but you live, work aπϑ breathe lagos air, Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ are a lagosian. Don't lyk it, take a walk
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Nobody: 7:21am On May 18, 2011
The_Matrix:

Apart from justcash aπϑ a few odas who has been logical, a lot of ppl who have been ranting here are ignorant, myopic aπϑ ethnoventric. Even Tinubu agrees that lagos is unique cos of its cosmopolitan nature. That am from osun aπϑ came to lagos last year does not make Me more Lagosian than an ibo man that has lived in lagos all his lyf. Yes, some ppl are original lagos indigenes, but you live, work aπϑ breathe lagos air, Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ are a lagosian. Don't lyk it, take a walk

Can you relate what you wrote here with the situation in Abuja since Abuja is also cosmopolitan ? Which state in Nigeria is not cosmopolitan ?
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by aljharem3: 7:23am On May 18, 2011
The_Matrix:

Apart from justcash Α̲̅πϑ a few odas who has been logical, a lot of ppl who have been ranting here are ignorant, myopic Α̲̅πϑ ethnoventric. Even Tinubu agrees that lagos is unique cos of its cosmopolitan nature. That am from osun Α̲̅πϑ came to lagos last year does not make Me more Lagosian than an ibo man that has lived in lagos all his lyf. Yes, some ppl are original lagos indigenes, but you live, work Α̲̅πϑ breathe lagos air,  Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ are a lagosian. Don't lyk it, take a walk

nope i think u are the one being illogical

no one spoke of osun, the case is clear

IF U ARE YORUBA AND IN LAGOS, U CAN CLAIM LAGOSIAN

IF YOU ARE ANYTHING ELSE, YOU CAN CLAIM LAGOSIAN BUT U ARE NOT A TRUE LAGOSIAN

the facts are down, if igbos are ture lagosian, why did they run away during abiola's mandate, why

why did they go to the east

we northerners are even more lagosian than igbos because we did not run

osun oo no osun, i think no one is force lagos down ur mouth

so long as u are igbo, hausa, yes kanuri, ibibio etc you are not a lagosian

the reality will flash to u all when OPC starts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 7:30am On May 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

All thses your long sentences are a reflection of the fear of an average ibo man and also inferiority complex.If me as a yoruba man does not claim to be a lagosian despite being born and brought up there,why will an ibo man that is also born and brought up in lagos claim to be a lagosian ? I'm from ogun state,I just take lagos and Abuja as my place of residence even though I have stayed long in these places.How many hausa man claim to be ibo or how many ibos in kano claim to be hausa ?

The reality on ground is way different from what you guys spew here. Lagosians on ground no care about where you from or where you will be going to. If you are lagosian, and you can describe certain places in Lagos state or adequately say where you were born in Lagos state, or even give a Lagos address where you reside, you will be considered a LAGOSIAN irrespective of ethnicity. There is nothing like real or fake Lagosian.
If you are talking of ethnicity, I will tell you that Yes, Lagos is in Yorooba land, which is in Nigeria. But as par LAGOSIANS, it is not only Yoroobas. Sorry if that offends you. You can either ask for division or go and hug a transformer.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Justcash(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

nope i think u are the one being illogical

no one spoke of osun, the case is clear

IF U ARE YORUBA AND IN LAGOS, U CAN CLAIM LAGOSIAN

IF YOU ARE ANYTHING ELSE, YOU CAN CLAIM LAGOSIAN BUT U ARE NOT A TRUE LAGOSIAN

the facts are down, if igbos are ture lagosian, why did they run away during abiola's mandate, why

why did they go to the east

we northerners are even more lagosian than igbos because we did not run

osun oo no osun, i think no one is force lagos down your mouth

so long as u are igbo, hausa, yes kanuri, ibibio etc you are not a lagosian

the reality will flash to u all when OPC starts

You are talking rubbish. Fake Lagosian ko True Lagosian Ni. After some time now, you will transform and start claiming an Igbo man. Anumanu. OPC will start with Hausa Lagosians first. Na for Idi araba dem go butcher una. Ewu

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by aljharem3: 7:43am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

You are talking rubbish. Fake Lagosian ko Real Lagosian Ni. After some time now, you will transform and start claiming an Igbo man. Anumanu. OPC will start with Hausa Lagosians first. Na for Idi araba dem go butcher una. Ewu

yes they started with hausa because they went to their land and started doing what U are doing now

hausas have been to lagos way long before igbos,.,.,. believe it or not

in lagos their are 3 sharia courts

u are here claiming lagosian and i am trying to correct you instead u are insulting and saying they will kill us

lagos is not only a yorubaland as u know, it is a yoruba atmosphere

the eyo festival and maskurade etc

now if fashola start to chase igbos una go dey shout tribalism etc

the other day he chased yoruba and northerners back to our state but if he trys it with igbo chai!!! the world would know

lastly, so because i am igbo it means i should not say the reality or true again shocked
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
The reality on ground is way different from what you guys spew here. Lagosians on ground no care about where you from or where you will be going to. If you are lagosian, and you can describe certain places in Lagos state or adequately say where you were born in Lagos state, or even give a Lagos address where you reside, you will be considered a LAGOSIAN irrespective of ethnicity. There is nothing like real or fake Lagosian.
If you are talking of ethnicity, I will tell you that Yes, Lagos is in Yorooba land, which is in Nigeria. But as par LAGOSIANS, it is not only Yoroobas. Sorry if that offends you. You can either ask for division or go and hug a transformer.

I have told you some of the privileges a real lagosian benefit buy you are here to tell me what ibos benefit from alledgely calling themselves lagosians ? Does fasola gives bursry assistance to lagos ibos ? No do ibos in lagos get federal jobs through lagos ? No ! so what exactly do ibos get from being called lagosians ? Is it just about the building and staying long that matters,what about the privileges ? Even obama has issues with indigenity to show you how serious the issue is or do you think obama birth issue will ever come up if he is not the president ? It came up because he wanted to enjoy the privilege attached to being an american citizen,so its not about staying in lagos alone that matters.
have you ever consider an ibo as governor of lagos state ?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by T9ksy(m): 9:36am On May 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Gomina ke? of Lagos? You wan start troubl be dat.
Before long, you go igbo man dey yarn say "gomina of lagos na hin birth right as hin get plenty houses, spare part shops for lagos and also hin dey pay plenty tax.

Bloody mofos! They hate us so much yet they want to run our affairs in our own backyard!

That's how that 5 star mofo called zik (of Africa) tried to be premier of western region through the back door and when we refused the mo.rons start chorusing "tribalism". they still singing the same song half a century later. As if anyone with half a brain will entrust the affairs of his household into the hands of his rival!

I no kuku blame them. did you see them claiming to be kadunaians simply 'cause they have been in the city for donkey years and pay hefty taxes?

I rest in the knowledge that soon, they will climb their tree pass the leaves, then we will know who is a lagosian or not.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by apoti(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

There is a difference between being a Lagosian and wanting to be a Lagosian.[b] You dint want to be known as an Imolite, that didn't stop you from being an imolite. When you were there, you were an imolite. You didn't need to be checked by the immigration or stamped in and out when you went there. That is because you are Nigerian, which qualifies you to live and die in any state as a citizen.
Being an imolite does not mean only Igbos from Imo state. Same goes for being a Lagosian. That is how it is on ground.

Your last statement is indeed contrary to the definition of being Nigerian. You can only answer your father's name when Nigeria divides. For now, you are a Nigerian and a member of any state that you are residing in. I am so sure that you are very much against division, but still you want to answer your father's name. Stop confusing yourself. Support division of Nigeria so that you can really answer your father's name, or simply keep quiet and accept things as they are. As I am speaking, millions of Igbos exist as Lagosians. I have also seen Imolites of Yoruba and Hausa origins. You cannot do anything about it.[/b]

If you read my post very well, I said I was never seen as an imolite and I meant by the people. Some of them did not even know my name, I was being called obasanjo brother, so I can get it into my brain that I don't belong there.
It does not matter how long you have stayed, the truth now remains that I can never contest for an election in imo and win. Same way no Ibo or Hausa can contest for an election in Lagos and win, that might change in the next 50years, but for now that is d reality.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Beaf: 11:03am On May 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I have told you some of the privileges a real lagosian benefit buy you are here to tell me what ibos benefit from alledgely calling themselves lagosians ? Does fasola gives bursry assistance to lagos ibos ? No do ibos in lagos get federal jobs through lagos ? No ! so what exactly do ibos get from being called lagosians ? Is it just about the building and staying long that matters,what about the privileges ? Even obama has issues with indigenity to show you how serious the issue is or do you think obama birth issue will ever come up if he is not the president ? It came up because he wanted to enjoy the privilege attached to being an american citizen,so its not about staying in lagos alone that matters.

Aganga is an Edo man with an FG job from a Lagos slot, cos he grew up in Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by omenala(m): 1:10pm On May 18, 2011
I was born (luth for that matter) and bred in lagos, i've spent more time in lagos than any other state even my state of origin but still i see myself as a lagosian and i intend to contest for an elective post in the future, any one who doesnt like it can boil stone chop! By the way did the earlier original settlers in lagos speak yoruba? I doubt this cos i've listened to some indigenous lagosians speak and it doesnt sound anything like yoruba(sounds more ijaw), methinks yorubas are the ones trying to claim lagos. The idea that yorubas are the only true lagosians is silly and ridiculous, it makes me wonder if these nairalanders making these statements are enlightened adults at all. @ justcash u dey make sense jaare!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by step1: 1:15pm On May 18, 2011
omenala:

I was born (luth for that matter) and bred in lagos, i've spent more time in lagos than any other state even my state of origin but still i see myself as a lagosian and i intend to contest for an elective post in the future, any one who doesnt like it can boil stone chop! By the way did the earlier original settlers in lagos speak yoruba? [b]I doubt this cos i've listened to some indigenous lagosians speak and it doesnt sound anything like yoruba(sounds more ijaw), [/b]methinks yorubas are the ones trying to claim lagos. The idea that yorubas are the only true lagosians is silly and ridiculous, it makes me wonder if these nairalanders making these statements are enlightened adults at all. @ justcash u dey make sense jaare!
LOL

I heard that as well. Good luck with your contest and by the way yorubas are not trying to claim lagos. In lagos the only original occupants are eguns and awori and I happen to be an awori and we are not ijaws.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by omenala(m): 1:38pm On May 18, 2011
The truth of the matter is that if yorubas(and most nigerians) were not tribalistic it wouldn't be difficult for any one from any ethnic group to win an election in lagos, but instead you will be seen as an outsider and a threat. They would rather gang up against you and give the position to a notorious adedibu/tokyo type of human being, instead of a quiet spoken, law abiding polished igbo or delta man who has lived in the same street or community with them for decades, of whom they have solicited various favours from in the past. These nigerians have contributed immensly to thier neighborhoods(i.e security, tax & electricity). And yet some of them claim to be sophisticated, is this how sophisticated people act and reason? If so then its no big deal. Just call me a cave man!
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by step1: 1:54pm On May 18, 2011
omenala:

The truth of the matter is that if yorubas(and most nigerians) were not tribalistic it wouldn't be difficult for any one from any ethnic group to win an election in lagos, but instead you will be seen as an outsider and a threat. They would rather gang up against you and give the position to a notorious adedibu/tokyo type of human being, instead of a quiet spoken, law abiding polished igbo or delta man who has lived in the same street or community with them for decades, of whom they have solicited various favours from in the past. These nigerians have contributed immensly to thier neighborhoods(i.e security, tax & electricity). And yet some of them claim to be sophisticated, is this how sophisticated people act and reason? If so then its no big deal. Just call me a cave man!

Correct but Nigeria is not as it seems. In a good ideal society, an igbo or hausa man can be the governor of my state and it should not matter after all they are Nigerians like me. The truth of the matter is Nigeria is not one and by so one must protect his ethnic group from others. OPC, AREWA, MASSOB and MEND should not be in Nigeria if we are truly one but instead it is our so called leaders like Ciroma etc that are leading it. So long as there are this groups, it would be hard for someone of non-awori or non yoruba extract to rule lagos.

I understand where you are coming from given you have lived in lagos all your life and therefore you are a lagosian. Please I really hope you are not viewing this discussion as tribalism but that is the reality. Maybe one day it would happen but for now it is only in the hands of God. I hope one day a yoruba man can rule enugu or anambra, an igbo man can rule lagos ondo etc

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 18, 2011
omenala:

The Igbo man is naturally grabby and can never rise beyond his all-or-nothing attitude. How many Yoruba men seek elective office in Aba, Onitsha, Port Harcourt or Owerri after living in those places their entire lives?

Nigeria is culturally diverse and naturally polarised along ethnic lines. Politics is BIG business in Nigeria. Getting even a minor political appointment is like winning the jackpot & the average Naija man would kill his blood brother over the spoils of political office. That's the reason why people are so sensitive about these things.

This reality isn't going to change for the next 100 - 200 years. Deal with it you greedy Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by jahrule: 2:23pm On May 18, 2011
Poster, try and find history before you post. how can you say lagos is a no man`s land, who told you that?
the fact is that there are people whose their origin is lagos though they are not much in number.
because they are not many don't mean that they don`t exist.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 18, 2011
A lagosian is a yoruba who is not from Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Kwara, Ondo and Kogi states. Kapish.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by EzeUche2(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2011
Anyone can be a Lagosian. It is a neutral city. grin

I hear more pidgin English than I hear Yoruba when I am in Lagos.
Re: Who Is A Lagosian ? by seanet02: 6:03pm On May 18, 2011
To ezeuche Lagosian is any drug peddller. Fck kidnappers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! / Shekau Before He Was Killed?: Did He Have To Be Killed? / APC IN MASSIVE LEAD IN EDO NORTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.