Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage (59147 Views)

Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife / Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Alexaonfleek: 11:22am On May 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Mbaka should humbly apologise to His Lordship and serve the suspension.
Also warn his congregants never to repeat their action. Attacking the Bishop court is crossing the RED LINE.
Were it to be bishop Okobo, the former catholic bishop of Nsukka, Mbaka will serve 4 months suspension grin grin grin
We all love Mbaka as a true prophet but he should know that this is catholic church.

Proudly Catholic !!!
Like!!!!
He would have been suspended since if he were in archdiocese of lagos.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Alexaonfleek: 11:24am On May 06, 2021
SmartPolician:

Akuko Mike Ejiagha

Okobo ko, Koboko ni

Fr. Mbaka is one of the most influential priests in Nigeria today, if not the most influential. In fact, he's even more popular and richer than most bishops.

Besides, Fr. Mbaka's ability to pray and perform miracles have kept many faithfuls in the Catholic Church because such gifts are almost non-existent in the church. Everyone needs miracles.

The issue of Fr. Mbaka and polticians is something that every bishop should handle carefully so they don't attract hate and violence upon themselves. Fr. Mbaka has cult-like following across Nigeria and beyond. He's even known in Rome.

IMO, Fr. Mbaka is a rational person who has often made it abundantly clear that he will always obey the leadership of the church. What the bishop ought to have been doing was inviting him once in a while and advising him to tone down his political sermons/messages.

[/b]You cannot keep quiet when Mbaka praises Buhari and calls for his head when he criticizes the same man. It makes sane minds question the political position of the church. I just hope the church doesn't finally shoot itself in the foot with this move (if true anyways)[b]

The church should have taken action since 2015.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Fanuchi007: 11:28am On May 06, 2021
I blame Desmond Eliot for all this!! I swear, it's all his fault
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Vinnie2000(m): 11:31am On May 06, 2021
pocohantas:
I am surprised to know he is under the Catholic church. He courts trouble too much for someone (a priest) that is under a body as organized as the Catholic church.

I always thought he is an independent miracle-working-priest. Which is even unusual in the Catholic church, more reason I felt he is independent.

I wonder why they allowed him get this brazen. His own didn’t start today na. Maybe politics is at play here.

Lol, d matter tire even Lady Poco!!

Though not frm d east, Was told dat Mbaka's Adoration ministry in Enugu was a Mecca of sorts doz days!! Dat even Pentecostals flock to d place!! He was a real Firebrand preacher!!

But meddling too much in Politics for a Rev fr or even a Pastor is a No No!!

N also his being inconsistent..U support sb today n Criticize tomorrow!!

If u watch him, He still loves Buhari and just wants to endear himself back to South eastern Igbos n win back dier love by now Supporting Ipob/Biafra!!

Mbaka is a Mischievous character!! He is a Bad man who knows wat he is doing!!
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by youngmoney4me(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2021
[b]This so gloomy
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Fetziny1(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2021
It shows that nobody is above his Supreme. He should humbly apologise to his lordship. Buhari doesn't worth it. #ProudlyCatholic
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by ransomed: 11:59am On May 06, 2021
The catholic church is now a department of All Promises Cancelled. The sun will surely rise again.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by archangel1(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2021
Fake news and bad reportage. Na Bishop and priest dey answer 'mr' for una media outfit?
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by BabaIbo: 12:09pm On May 06, 2021
akpunda86:

True prophet from where. I'm also a catholic but not proudly. Proudly in terms of what, producing more gays or rev. Father's having illicit affairs and pretend all is well.
The bishop hand is tied. U think was the bishop that talked. Do u know how much mbaka gives him in millions. The bishop sold his conscience a long time ago. Under normal circumstances mbaka should be suspended indefinitely.
So now the bishop eyes open. He never saw the chaos mbaka caused in Imo or his vision of Buhari winning.
Abeg mbaka and the bishop should park and go
Catholic church is now more corrupt than the Nigerian govt.

Keep quiet if you don't have any meaningful thing to say or type.

I as a person has experienced God's miracle(healing) through Rev. Mbaka many years ago.
I can boldly say he is a true prophet of God but he needs to control the way he delve into politics.

That's why I didn't call him fake when he supported Buhari openly years ago, even though I wasn't in support of that.

This sanction is coming at a critical time and the Bishop needs to be careful with his actions, he should be tactical and wise in his actions.
You don't subdue voices like his like that, that is why the church did not try to subdue or caution Bishop Kukah during his own criticizing of the Presidency.

Be reasonable when next you're making a comment.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 06, 2021
He is on the path of destruction for sure.

You will tell us if you were the one that ordained yourself or your bishop ordained you.

I know what he's thinking, that if he was defrocked, he has a lot of supporters enough to start his own mushroom church.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by tonyson010(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2021
kahal29:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77SstlkYeZY&feature=youtu.be

Some media houses are saying that he is instigating his supporters....rubbish reporting by those media houses.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by ablejesus26(m): 12:24pm On May 06, 2021
Billyonaire666:

You have Jesus on your name and your language is worst than that of a native doctor, Which kind of God really created you, young man?

It appears you have problems having a percipience and perspicaciousness, of what I wrote up there.

I was condemning the act itself which is in all sense barbaric, loutish and boorish.

Or are you cool with such behaviors??

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 06, 2021
Theyoungmatron:
Send your own to the wolves while others shield theirs. Igbos una no dey shame at all

So she shouldn't say the truth because he's "one of her own"?
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Alisha4U(f): 12:37pm On May 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Also warn his congregants never to repeat their action. Attacking the Bishop court is crossing the RED LINE.
Were it to be bishop Okobo, the former catholic bishop of Nsukka, Mbaka will serve 4 months suspension grin grin grin
We all love Mbaka as a true prophet but he should know that this is catholic church.

Proudly Catholic !!!

The man is no true prophet. He said in 2015 that Buhari was ordained by God to salvage the country, is that the case now? I ask, which God spoke to him 2015 regarding Buhari?
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by BabaIbo: 12:50pm On May 06, 2021
FrLukas:
He is on the path of destruction for sure.

You will tell us if you were the one that ordained yourself or your bishop ordained you.

I know what he's thinking, that if he was defrocked, he has a lot of supporters enough to start his own mushroom church.

Ignorance speaking.

Once a priest is a priest, haven't you heard of that line?

In your shallow mind, if he wants to do that he would have done it long ago.

God is with him, so your evil thoughts can't work on him, he is anointed.

It's only God that has the final say.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by omonnakoda: 1:00pm On May 06, 2021
adadike:
Mbaka is a con man. He should be derobed so he can join politics fully. Mbaka lied with God's name little did he know that God is not an author of confusion. No more respect for the Bishop. Mbaka shouldn't have been made a priest in the first place, he should have followed his father's dibia footstep

God i.e Jehovah is an author of Confusion
Total confusion
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 06, 2021
[s]
BabaIbo:

Ignorance speaking.

Once a priest is a priest, haven't you heard of that line?

In your shallow mind, if he wants to do that he would have done it long ago.

God is with him, so your evil thoughts can't work on him, he is anointed.

It's only God that has the final say.
[/s]

When he gets defrocked, and he won't be the first Catholic priest to get defrocked, go and tell his bishop or the Pope that he is wrong.

You will come and open your mouth waaaaahhhhh like it was him that ordained his bishop or his bishop ordained him.

Let me inform your ignorant ass, on the day of ordination of priests, they swear three oaths.

First, poverty, second, humility, third, obedience to their bishop and church authority.

God is with him ko, satan is with him ni.

Go on Google and search for priests worldwide who have been defrocked by their bishops and booted out.

Search google for an Ekiti Catholic diocese priest that was defrocked not too long ago.

Sit down there make trouser dey wear you.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by samuelson06(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Proudly Catholic !!!

You are contradicting yourself. You're saying the man is a true prophet of God and at the same time saying he should know this is Catholic Church. What's wrong with being a prophet and being in the Catholic church? You are calling him a prophet, yet you don't want him to speak like one? Which prophet keeps quiet when God instructs him to speak? Must prophecies now be delivered based on how it's going to be pleasing to the ears or how God wants it delivered? I don't understand you. However, this is God's business and I leave it for Him to judge. Peace!
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Sterope(f): 1:10pm On May 06, 2021
I knew he was a Catholic priest and I wondered why it took this long. He has been acting tooll Pentecostal for far too long.

pocohantas:
I am surprised to know he is under the Catholic church. He courts trouble too much for someone (a priest) that is under a body as organized as the Catholic church.

I always thought he is an independent miracle-working-priest. Which is even unusual in the Catholic church, more reason I felt he is independent.

I wonder why they allowed him get this brazen. His own didn’t start today na. Maybe politics is at play here.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Mcval(m): 1:13pm On May 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Proudly Catholic !!!
'Proudly a Zombie New Generation Catholic' you should have said. They change parts of the 'The Creed' you ignorantly obey. They change some lines in the 'Our Father' you foolishly concur. They give you 'Holy Communion' which is the 'Sacred Body of Christ' in your palms you gladly and stupidly receive it. They persecute Junior Priests that God has blessed with the gift of Prophecy and Healing out of envy and jealousy and you clap for them. Point of correction, you're not 'Proudly a Catholic'. You're one of the New Generation Catholics. So next time say 'Proudly a Zombie New Generation Catholic'. Don't insult those of us that are the Traditional Catholics. We know what has been happening in the Church. It is shameful and disgusting to see Bishops, Cardinals and even the Pope fighting the younger priests that carry the anointing of the Holy Spirit and speak the truth at all times. We know the alliances most of these Bishops have formed with our politicians and it is very very shameful. These are all signs of the end time, be warned!
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by akpunda86: 1:20pm On May 06, 2021
BabaIbo:

Keep quiet if you don't have any meaningful thing to say or type.

I as a person has experienced God's miracle(healing) through Rev. Mbaka many years ago.
I can boldly say he is a true prophet of God but he needs to control the way he delve into politics.

That's why I didn't call him fake when he supported Buhari openly years ago, even though I wasn't in support of that.

This sanction is coming at a critical time and the Bishop needs to be careful with his actions, he should be tactical and wise in his actions.
You don't subdue voices like his like that, that is why the church did not try to subdue or caution Bishop Kukah during his own criticizing of the Presidency.

Be reasonable when next you're making a comment.

Ur a man of low Faith. God healed you and not Mbaka. Be corrected.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by ofiko123(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2021
That is the business of the Catholic Church anyways...
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Olisehinnocent: 1:29pm On May 06, 2021
There's nothing any bishop will do to him. What about if he decides to leave catholic church and open his own, catholic church will lose a lot of members to him. Which you know they are not ready for.
SpecialAdviser:

Proudly Catholic !!!
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by BabaIbo: 1:36pm On May 06, 2021
akpunda86:

Ur a man of low Faith. God healed you and not Mbaka. Be corrected.

Read my comment again, I said God healed me through him.
I never said Mbaka healed me.
You are being wise by half.
You didn't know how it happened etc. but you're quick to open your mouth waaah.

Abeg go siddon, Peter and another other disciple healed a man at the gate.
Does the power belong to Peter and his colleague? No, the power doesn't belong to Peter and his colleague but God, God do/can use people to carry out his actions.

What about the conversion of Saul to Paul and other miracles that God performed through men?

Don't try to leave in denial, when you see truth say it.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Spiritz: 1:40pm On May 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Proudly Catholic !!!
Only fools and those blinded by religion don't know that Church leaders together with politicians don't mean well for the Masses, give the leadership of this country to the church freedom of speech and conscience will suffer more than its currently suffering
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Theyoungmatron: 1:50pm On May 06, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's an insult to compare my Catholic Church with Islam. The Catholic Church is a disciplined, apolitical and violence-free organization with strong ethical foundation. The church has survived many challenges over the years because it compels all its priests to stay disciplined.

In contrast, Islam is a global religion that preaches love but allows its members to physically assault the next person just to further their cause. Little wonder the religion keeps breeding home-grown terrorists around the world.

While islam seamlessly mixes with politics, the Catholic Church has no room for politics. In fact, the church encourages priests to pray for the leaders. What the bishop did has nothing to do with tribe; he's following the dictates of the faith. So, keep those in mind.
You are so naive about the catholic church.
The catholic church don't meddle in governments or politics overtly but will overthrow it subtly without anyone detecting it.

And i think you are quoting the wrong person.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by Tomilola360: 1:53pm On May 06, 2021
Are they now supporters of terrorists?

These are fake christians.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by BabaIbo: 2:03pm On May 06, 2021
FrLukas:
[s][/s]

When he gets defrocked, and he won't be the first Catholic priest to get defrocked, go and tell his bishop or the Pope that he is wrong.

You will come and open your mouth waaaaahhhhh like it was him that ordained his bishop or his bishop ordained him.

Let me inform your ignorant ass, on the day of ordination of priests, they swear three oaths.

First, poverty, second, humility, third, obedience to their bishop and church authority.

God is with him ko, satan is with him ni.

Go on Google and search for priests worldwide who have been defrocked by their bishops and booted out.

Search google for an Ekiti Catholic diocese priest that was defrocked not too long ago.

Sit down there make trouser dey wear you.

You're ignorant honestly.

Obedience to the Bishop or to the Church?
See as this one is trying to change the oath of service. grin

Go and defrock him na, you think the church is headed by your type, right?

Even Bishops can be rejected by the members or laicized/defrocked or transferred by the church if situation requires it.

A defrocked priest is still a priest, just that he is free of the rights and responsibilities of the position.
They are not booted out like you posited, rather they are allowed to choose whether to stay or leave.

FYI, some priest on their own request to be laicized/defrocked. And most if not all of the cases of forced defrocking are related to sexual cases and not this kind of case.

Read this
"Laicized priests are still considered priests in the Catholic Church. The defrocking means they are free of the rights and responsibilities of the position. They may not present themselves as priests in their dress nor perform sacraments such as celebrating Mass or hearing confession. The one exception is that they are obliged to hear the last rites of the dying if no other priest is available."
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by omonnakoda: 2:10pm On May 06, 2021
The man is a liar. Very dishonest individual.
See the spin he put on the story
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by WoundedLamb: 3:20pm On May 06, 2021
akpunda86:

True prophet from where. I'm also a catholic but not proudly. Proudly in terms of what, producing more gays or rev. Father's having illicit affairs and pretend all is well.
The bishop hand is tied. U think was the bishop that talked. Do u know how much mbaka gives him in millions. The bishop sold his conscience a long time ago. Under normal circumstances mbaka should be suspended indefinitely.
So now the bishop eyes open. He never saw the chaos mbaka caused in Imo or his vision of Buhari winning.
Abeg mbaka and the bishop should park and go
Catholic church is now more corrupt than the Nigerian govt.

Lol... I don't understand, are you forcefully tied to the church ?
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage by mrkia(m): 5:48pm On May 06, 2021
Pa mbaka will still make his debut into politics sooner or later...take my word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of Port Harcourt Church Stampede (31 Dead) / Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.