Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 (628 Views)

Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? / Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) / Best Piece On Tithing I Have Come Across So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On May 06, 2021
The Post below was originally posted by Toks2008.

Feminism is an ideology that believes in equality of all the sexes in all aspects and strata of life ...It is about both gender having equal rights and opportunities and as long as you believe in this ideology, you are a feminist whether you are a male or female.

But Feminism transcends beyond sex equality hence there is a deeper twist to this term Feminism and it is simply about a woman having total freedom to do what she wants without any form of inhibitions... it is about a woman having total independence in all facets of life and this is the true definition of Feminism.

Be that as it may, i find a very funny contradictions in the persona or way of life of ladies who claim to be feminists and that is the crux of this piece... Below are three things a female Feminist should avoid and any lady who claims to be a feminist yet is involved in any of these three is hypocritical or perhaps confused about who she is.

1. A FEMINIST SHOULD AVOID MARRIAGE : Except there is a different form of marriage asides the one institutionalized by the creator GOD almighty then i think any feminist who goes into marriage is on a wild goose chase or should just give up the ideology.

There is no way you can be a feminist and practise the submissiveness as commanded by GOD. A feminist does what she wants and she is not obliged to obey any man. The bible and even the Quran clearly state that the Husband is the head of the wife and a wife MUST SUBMIT AND OBEY HER HUSBAND. This is a total deviation from the ideology of feminism and any feminist who is married is not a true feminist.

2. A FEMINIST MUST NEVER DEPEND ON ANY MAN FINANCIALLY: You can't be a feminist and still want a man to pay your bills...a feminist makes her own money 100% and will never at any point depend partly or totally on any man for money. After all, financial independence is a core attribute of a feminist.

3. A FEMINIST SHOULD NEVER TURN DOWN ANY TASK OR JOB WITH AN EXCUSE THAT IT IS A MAN'S THING:
It is all about equality so there is no job designated for the men, a feminist should be able to take up any task no matter how manly it appears and any lady who believes in the feminism ideology yet shies away from certain tasks with an excuse that it is a man's thing should simply give up the ideology.

My candid opinion...You may add yours

Cc: Toks2008

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On May 06, 2021
@Toks2008, one major reason I thought to bring this here is because I have seen a post or two of yours in here in here leading me to believe you a Jesus believer. What peaked my interest in this is the fact that reading your opinion there, it almost seems that you would rather that the right to equality should be "measured" out to those who you consider less deserving, the "females" in this case. undecided

And I can't help but wonder how a one supposedly signed on to Jesus Christ would even think that makes sense.
Feminism is an ideology that believes in equality of all the sexes in all aspects and strata of life ...It is about both gender having equal rights and opportunities and as long as you believe in this ideology, you are a feminist whether you are a male or female.

But Feminism transcends beyond sex equality hence there is a deeper twist to this term Feminism and it is simply about a woman having total freedom to do what she wants without any form of inhibitions... it is about a woman having total independence in all facets of life and this is the true definition of Feminism.
1. What is wrong with a woman having the same exact level of freedom that a man already has both by birth and by law in deciding his fate, in this world we live in? undecided

2. Jesus Christ, in Matthew 23, by declaring all equal in His Kingdom, he essentially declared that there are no divisions along gender lines, race, status, nationality or age. One could even say that Jesus Christ was also a feminist by your definition. undecided
What I don't understand is why a person claims to believe in Jesus Christ would think it his place to hold back, in anyway, the freedoms of another human being. Isn't that a form of "hypocrisy"? undecided

3. In the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ told you outright that your marriages are of this world and not of His kingdom. And He gave only two commandments to those who chose marriage.

a) Marriage begins when a man leaves his father and mother and cleaves to his wife - they two become one at that point

b) Remarriage is not allowed in any other case other than fornication, else you are guilty of adultery in God's sight.

So, why do you believe God is against these whom you consider feminists and somehow against you? undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Toks2008(m): 8:54am On May 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
@Toks2008, one major reason I thought to bring this here is because I have seen a post or two of yours in here in here leading me to believe you a Jesus believer. What peaked my interest in this is the fact that reading your opinion there, it almost seems that you would rather that the right to equality should be "measured" out to those who you consider less deserving, the "females" in this case. undecided

And I can't help but wonder how a one supposedly signed on to Jesus Christ would even think that makes sense. 1. What is wrong with a woman having the same exact level of freedom that a man already has both by birth and by law in deciding his fate, in this world we live in? undecided

2. Jesus Christ, in Matthew 23, by declaring all equal in His Kingdom, he essentially declared that there are no divisions along gender lines, race, status, nationality or age. One could even say that Jesus Christ was also a feminist by your definition. undecided
What I don't understand is why a person claims to believe in Jesus Christ would think it his place to hold back, in anyway, the freedoms of another human being. Isn't that a form of "hypocrisy"? undecided

3. In the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ told you outright that your marriages are of this world and not of His kingdom. And He gave only two commandments to those who chose marriage.

a) Marriage begins when a man leaves his father and mother and cleaves to his wife - they two become one at that point

b) Divorce is not allowed for any reason other than fornication, else you are guilty of adultery in God's sight.

So, why do you believe God is against these whom you consider feminists and somehow against you? undecided

If you wan create thread biko do so.

No drag me into the rhetoric cos my message is clear. Feminists should avoid those things i opined and if it does not make sense to you no vex, i can't help you on that.

Apparently you have no clue what present day Feminism is...Maybe you should go do your research about feminism and then read your bible about the role of women and you will understand better.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Kobojunkie: 9:12am On May 06, 2021
Toks2008:

If you wan create thread biko do so.

No drag me into the rhetoric cos my message is clear. Feminists should avoid those things i opined and if it does not make sense to you no vex, i can't help you on that.

Apparently you have no clue what present day Feminism is...Maybe you should go do your research about feminism and then read your bible about the role of women and you will understand better.

Cheers
What part of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God tells you there is a separate role for women? undecided
You speak of "feminism" as if you are entitled to have a say in the amount of freedom feminists can have or not have. And I wonder by what authority? Clearly not Jesus Christ or God. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Toks2008(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What part of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God tells you there is a separate role for women? undecided
You speak of "feminism" as if you are entitled to have a say in the amount of freedom feminists can have or not have. And I wonder by what authority? Clearly not Jesus Christ or God. undecided

Can i ask you one question?

Does the ideology of feminism embrace submissiveness of a woman to a man?

Just give me a yes or No answer then go back and read my write up again and this time objectively and not with unneeded emotion
Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Kobojunkie: 9:30am On May 06, 2021
Toks2008:

Can i ask you one question?
Does the ideology of feminism embrace submissiveness of a woman to a man?
Just give me a yes or No answer then go back and read my write up again and this time objectively and not with unneeded emotion
Jesus Christ, the Word of God and New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God have explicit commands to His followers against submitting to any man or being besides Him. In Matthew 23, Jesus Christ declared that He alone is Master/Head, leader/authority and Teacher over everyone of His followers. In addition, He denied permission to those who would attempt to serve other masters/heads, declaring that His followers cannot serve two masters. undecided

So, I ask you this, as one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ, do you not yourself see how asking a woman to submit to you puts you directly against Jesus Christ Himself? undecided

When a man who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ sets himself as head \ master over another being, what such a one does is raise himself to the seat that Jesus Christ alone is meant occupy in that life. Can anything that is against Jesus Christ. I.e. anti-Christ be for Christ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Toks2008(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, the Word of God and New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God have explicit commands to His followers against submitting to any man or being besides Him. In Matthew 23, Jesus Christ declared that He alone is Master/Head, leader/authority and Teacher over everyone of His followers. In addition, He denied permission to those who would attempt to serve other masters/heads, declaring that His followers cannot serve two masters. undecided

So, I ask you this, as one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ, do you not yourself see how asking a woman to submit to you puts you directly against Jesus Christ Himself? undecided

When a man who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ sets himself as head \ master over another being, what such a one does is raise himself to the seat that Jesus Christ alone is meant occupy in that life. Can anything that is against Jesus Christ. I.e. anti-Christ be for Christ? undecided

Please delete this thread asap.

I can see you are only seeking attention. You don't even understand yourself or what feminism is cos if you do you won't make a mockery of yourself.

I will stop responding to you on this matter. Have a great day.
Re: Opinion Piece On Feminism By Toks2008 by Kobojunkie: 9:45am On May 06, 2021
Toks2008:

Please delete this thread asap.

I can see you are only seeking attention. You don't even understand yourself or what feminism is cos if you do you won't make a mockery of yourself.

I will stop responding to you on this matter. Have a great day.
But you provided the definition for the term.. I am simply choosing to go along with that so I can better understand the grudge your have against those who wish to claim such freedoms.

More so, I wish to understand the mind of a one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ but holds to the idea that woman are to submit in some way to men, this when Jesus Christ made it clear that there are no male or females in His kingdom as everyone is equal and He is the only Head & Master over every one in His flock. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jesus, The Wave Stopper. / Our Odm For Today 22 January 2022 / What If Satan Decide To Repent Now, Will He Be Forgiven ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.