Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) (39332 Views)

Eva Gichuru: Female Pilot Applauded For Landing Plane Safely Despite Bad Weather / Once-bustling Street In California / MAX Okada :Motorcycle Ride-hailing - Smart Way To Get Around In A Bustling Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Newton85: 4:57pm On May 08, 2021
BKayy:

Afonja na only una be refugees na. Abi you see my people there?
No be fight oh, if you see them tell us let's retrace and correct things. Unlike una we act before it becomes too late
Dear IPOB cretin, your people are scattered all over other people's homelands like mendicant gypsies and homeless refugees, lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by SmartPolician: 4:59pm On May 08, 2021
MrSamsung:

Love this greenery of the second picture. Please keep them coming, let me feed my eyes

Feast
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by BKayy: 4:59pm On May 08, 2021
Newton85:
Dear IPOB cretin, your people are scattered all over other people's homelands like mendicant gypsies and homeless refugees, lol.
I take it as a compliment grin
Lol you people should keep hiding under your grand mother's bed. Don't travel

5 Likes

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by ThEGodFaThEr102: 5:02pm On May 08, 2021
Spiff20:
Owerri is more beautiful and developed than Enugu but you won't hear them making the noise Enugu peeps make because of Independence Layout, Trans Ekulu and New Haven.
Oga, leave there's no controversy and argument here. Igbo land is Alaigbo be it Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi or Abia. We shouldn't be attacking each other. If we do, you give those people from waste land the opportunity to attack us.

12 Likes

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Valike2008: 5:04pm On May 08, 2021
I am currently living in owerri, but I must tell you the pics posted here is truly owerri but not a true reflection of how the town looks now, this are old pics , as the round about is blocked from federal prison to government house round about , cars only follows one lane, the dual carriage road is no longer neat like this again, though the city is bubbling , only those outside owerri thinks we are at war here , during the day we flex and enjoy but at night OYO

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by PoloG: 5:06pm On May 08, 2021
How many time will this owerri hit front page grin grin you can only deceive those who haven't be there... go there and see red earth and had roads grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by maimalari: 5:07pm On May 08, 2021
Ironically, in all the pictures posted so far, all the roads were done by the online hated former governor. Rochas beautified that town with very wide highways. Also more than 50% of housing areas posted by OP were big forests before the former online hated governor went into those forests and carved out and dualized several roads, electricity and several estates inside. Kudos to Rochas. #FACTS ONLY.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Nedu05: 5:09pm On May 08, 2021
Spiff20:
Owerri is more beautiful and developed than Enugu but you won't hear them making the noise Enugu peeps make because of Independence Layout, Trans Ekulu and New Haven.

Don't be deceived by these propaganda pictures, which is more or less one road captured from 1000 different directions. In all honesty most parts of Owerri are in shambles, a visit to Owerri will leave you disgusted and disappointed due to bad roads and filth everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by PoloG: 5:10pm On May 08, 2021
TheNeededShock:
usual coping flatin0 lies to help with their frustrations and battered ego showing capital city areas and mixing it with pictures from other locations....... grin grin grin grin these is the real face of owerri....the monkeys also have their own brown roof architecture... grin grin grin
baba let them beat chest na... as if I never go the redmud owerri before grin grin
Them fit only deceive other people with edited pictures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by PoloG: 5:14pm On May 08, 2021
BKayy:

i have travel to enugu, imo and anambra. Which travel you dey talk again... you can only deceive others who have not been there with edited selected pictures

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Ceenacks(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2021
Please leave this awareness u r making. Are u trying to tell the bad guys to rise and do more,? By u saying owerri is stil bubbling. These guys might not get ur side of the point. Truth is peopl are suffrlering in fear and abject apprehension. U want the whole city burnt down before u realize that?
Please dnt say that again, its inciting in nature.
Owerri is in dejection, in fear, roadblocks, tension.
Forget the places on ur photo, feel the heart of people. U wil hear
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by kingsceedon(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:
All these una drone and clear pics na to deceive people or unaselves...owerri roads still an eyesore till date...bubbling city with poor roads should not be celebrated

E-choke you? Keep on masturbating

6 Likes

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Bigpat: 5:30pm On May 08, 2021
The people are happy they are not the target but their perceived enemy, the Police, so the city must be bustling, they don't have any cause to worry. It is natural that what affects the nose must surely affect the eye, except their is a change of attitude towards the security and everybody stand and condemn these attack
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by ThEGodFaThEr102: 5:36pm On May 08, 2021
Bigpat:
The people are happy they are not the target but their perceived enemy, the Police, so the city must be bustling, they don't have any cause to worry. It is natural that what affects the nose must surely affect the eye, except their is a change of attitude towards the security and everybody stand and condemn these attack
Keep your mouth shut!

Who are UGM?

It's the govt that's responsible for the crises happening in that region
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by nick50(m): 5:41pm On May 08, 2021
Small time afonja e warriors will storm the trade with dirty oshodi bus stand built by ambode
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by onuman: 5:58pm On May 08, 2021
Dcube212:
I hope it doesnt become another Brono in the making. because this was how it all started

Abeg jari, I will Design a Professional Logo or LETTERHEAD for your Product or Company for 2k Only
Your ISWAP/Boko can’t turn Imo state to Borno.

Nigeria will rather disintegrate before you can achieve that.

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by onuman: 6:02pm On May 08, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Okorocha made owerri beautiful i wonder why imolites started hating him

Now see the Useless Wicked governor u have

I finished my University in Imo state. FUTO many years ago. Visiting owerri again during the last government i saw how beautiful owerri has become with enough decorative structures even during the Christmas okorocha made owerri lightened up just like a beautiful city in china called hangzhou
Their new governor should have started with making another Imo to city become better.

But cruelty wouldn’t allow him. He paints Owerri streets and invites politicians to commission.

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by onuman: 6:20pm On May 08, 2021
maimalari:
Ironically, in all the pictures posted so far, all the roads were done by the online hated former governor. Rochas beautified that town with very wide highways. Also more than 50% of housing areas posted by OP were big forests before the former online hated governor went into those forests and carved out and dualized several roads, electricity and several estates inside. Kudos to Rochas. #FACTS ONLY.

Apt.

New Supreme Court governor is only Facebook and Twitter governor. He is living under Okorocha‘a glory of development in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by OnyeOgboni: 6:35pm On May 08, 2021
Leye..ndi brownroof republic grin
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Babaken(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2021
BKayy:

We've passed the era of competing with those guys. They don't put up a fight. Now the competition is within. Expect more Igbo cities to come up with their own planning
I love that.

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Newton85: 6:42pm On May 08, 2021
BKayy:

Nah, pea-brained IPOB loony. We do travel, that's why we have the largest Nigerian population in countries like Togo, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ireland, UK, Canada etc. We just don't travel aimlessly like mendicant gypsies and homeless refugees who infect other people's homeland with crimes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by TheNeededShock(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2021
Jman24:

Thanks for showing us your city.
Even those who haven't stepped their feet to owerri will find this a comic relief grin

rettard.....you can reverse search the images...........100% owerri, unedited, raw as it is, you're bragging with some areas in a capital city thats 1/3 the size of ibadan,,,,,imagine me bragging with ikeja or banana island

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by ThEGodFaThEr102: 6:55pm On May 08, 2021
Newton85:
Nah, pea-brained IPOB loony. We do travel, that's why we have the largest Nigerian population in Ghana in countries like Togo, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ireland, UK, Canada etc. We just don't travel aimlessly like mendicant gypsies and homeless refugees who infect other people's homeland with crimes.
The best you can do to yourself and love ones is to check yourself in to a psychiatric hospital so that they can carry out a psycho analysis on your personal wellbeing. I don't think you are well at all.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by ThEGodFaThEr102: 7:01pm On May 08, 2021
TheNeededShock:

rettard.....you can reverse search the images...........100% owerri, unedited, raw as it is, you're bragging with some areas in a capital city thats 1/3 the size of ibadan,,,,,imagine me bragging with ikeja or banana island
Yes, we agree that Ibadan has a huge landmass and high internal generated revenue.

But how come Ibadan airport looks like a local Amala and Ewedu canteen?

Why does Ibadan have the highest number of brown roofs all over third world countries?

5 Likes

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by smasher1(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2021
raker300:
Though some belligerent fellows here are assiduously trying to paint a inimical image of owerri as a rundown, war torn, melancholy city but the reverse is the case.

The city is bustling with activities and as always, it’s beautiful as always.

Here are some recent images of owerri

It's not this pictures that would help the state. But whether new businesses would open. Whether people would slowly relocate to smaller towns or other states. This happens even in quiet states that in just one year, you can actually count how many families/businesses you know that have relocated. I'm speaking as someone who sees that in the state I reside. A new business opens, but wait out until the rent is exhausted and closes shops. That means there's no business
This you would see.
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Lashist(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2021
kingsceedon:

E-choke you? Keep on masturbating
Lol...how e choke me mumu...be like you no know i be igbo too...werey mmadu..keep masturbating mumu cheesy
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by ThEGodFaThEr102: 7:15pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

Lol...how e choke me mumu...be like you no know i be igbo too...werey mmadu..keep masturbating mumu cheesy
Original Mumu, you think say na to type " werey mmadu" makes you Igbo?
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Perseverance127: 7:27pm On May 08, 2021
Okorocha's work, nice

1 Like

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Nature8(m): 7:32pm On May 08, 2021
raker300:
Though some belligerent fellows here are assiduously trying to paint a inimical image of owerri as a rundown, war torn, melancholy city but the reverse is the case.

The city is bustling with activities and as always, it’s beautiful as always.

Here are some recent images of owerri
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by Newton85: 7:33pm On May 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr102:

The best you can do to yourself and love ones is to check yourself in to a psychiatric hospital so that they can carry out a psycho analysis on your personal wellbeing. I don't think you are well at all.
Lol, pained IPOB loony. I can see the tears. Truth hurts, I guess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by chichima5764: 7:35pm On May 08, 2021
:Love this greenery of the second picture. Please keep them coming, let me feed my eyes Feast
Re: Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) by PoloG: 7:40pm On May 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr102:

he just told you we travel to better and advanced countries/places not some backward unpleasant shithole grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Explosion: Delta State Fire Service Came To The Rescue (photos) / Lagos To Abuja Flight Cost - Arik Air / Dead Body Found In Ibadan At The Same Spot 24 Hours After An Accident (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.