Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India (2997 Views)

Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US / Burial Poster Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby In The Onitsha Fire Incident / Photo Of A Husband Backing His Plus-Sized Wife Through Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by marvelck: 5:36pm On May 08, 2021
Nigerian lady pictured backing her baby in India...

Instead of using a baby carrier, a Nigerian lady based in India was recently pictured backing her baby like our mothers do it back in the day...

Ladies naturally don't joke with their kids including slay queens. They don't form when it comes to caring for their kids ooo

Checkout the lovely picture below

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by PissfulProtester: 5:38pm On May 08, 2021
So?

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by PissfulProtester: 5:40pm On May 08, 2021
As if Indians don't back their babies..

They even do it in a more flexible manner

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by etrange: 5:40pm On May 08, 2021
Beautiful people up there.

Meanwhile, our mothers did it cause they didn't have alternatives. No need to take pride in doing things the crude way. It's her choice but she isn't any better than those who use carriers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by etrange: 5:41pm On May 08, 2021
PissfulProtester:
As if Indians don't back their babies..

They even do it in a more flexible manner

Lol.. this one is not backing, this one is siding.
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by PissfulProtester: 5:43pm On May 08, 2021
etrange:

Lol.. this one is not backing, this one is siding.
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by xpressionx(m): 6:07pm On May 08, 2021
Is she related to Laycon? See her shoes.
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by crackhaus: 6:15pm On May 08, 2021
PissfulProtester:
So?
The photo you attached is perfect... cheesycheesy

That facial expression mehn grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by mutter(f): 9:03pm On May 08, 2021
etrange:

Meanwhile, our mothers did it cause they didn't have alternatives. No need to take pride in doing things the crude way. It's her choice but she isn't any better than those who use carriers.
Why and how is this the crude way!
We always bring ourselves down.
I backed my children in Germany and I can tell you the response.
Some african women would asks me if I wasn't ashamed.
Some German women would stop me and ask me to show them how to do it!
Backing children with a cloth is very healthy for the child and the hip bones.
Please we should take pride in the precious things we have.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by etrange: 10:55pm On May 08, 2021
mutter:

Why and how is this the crude way!
We always bring ourselves down.
I backed my children in Germany and I can tell you the response.
Some african women would asks me if I wasn't ashamed.
Some German women would stop me and ask me to show them how to do it!
Backing children with a cloth is very healthy for the child and the hip bones.
Please we should take pride in the precious things we have.

It was your choice. That doesn't mean it's not crude cause we now have things that make it easier. You can do that if it's easier for you, of cause. But no, it's not our tradition. It's what we were doing cause there was no other way. So anyone who still does that today despite having the means to make things easier for herself isn't upholding any tradition and she's definitely not better than those who prefer modern day carriers. Our fathers also walked very long distances to go to school/farm, would you do that today and call it our way? No, cause there are better options. Let's not take pride in suffering.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by mutter(f): 11:15pm On May 08, 2021
etrange:

It was your choice. That doesn't mean it's not crude cause we now have things that make it easier. You can do that if it's easier for you, of cause. But no, it's not our tradition. It's what we were doing cause there was no other way. So anyone who still does that today despite having the means to make things easier for herself isn't upholding any tradition and she's definitely not better than those who prefer modern day carriers. Our fathers also walked very long distances to go to school/farm, would you do that today and call it our way? No, cause there are better options. Let's not take pride in suffering.
I am sorry the modern day carriers are not easier and certainly carrying a baby in front is not as convenient for the mother.
These days women buy long pieces of cloths and they are not easier to tie.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by etrange: 11:54pm On May 08, 2021
mutter:

I am sorry the modern day carriers are not easier and certainly carrying a baby in front is not as convenient for the mother.
These days women buy long pieces of cloths and they are not easier to tie.

Like I said, it's a choice. There are back carriers too but if you prefer to tie the baby like our mothers did, fine. The important thing is that you do the one convenient for you without thinking you're any better than those who prefer it the other way.
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by Kondomatic(m): 2:21am On May 09, 2021
marvelck:

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by MarketDispatch: 5:31am On May 09, 2021
marvelck:

Instead of using a baby carrier,

Why not send her money to buy baby carrier.
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by mutter(f): 6:33am On May 09, 2021
etrange:

Like I said, it's a choice. There are back carriers too but if you prefer to tie the baby like our mothers did, fine. The important thing is that you do the one convenient for you without thinking you're any better than those who prefer it the other way.

You started by saying a woman is doing something the crude way and at the same time accuse her of thinking she is better?
Even if she said the wrapper is better, does it mean she thinks she is better. It is a preference for a product!
For you to mention back carriers is an indication that you perhaps don't really know much about these products..
Those things are on their own heavy and you can't carry young babies in it.
They are actually not used on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by Nobody: 7:17am On May 09, 2021
She left the POVERTY CAPITAL of the world for its sister country, the Deputy Poverty Capital.
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:04am On May 09, 2021
PissfulProtester:
grin
Not indian angry
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by chiiraq802(m): 11:32am On May 09, 2021
Na me go back her pikin for her

Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:47pm On May 09, 2021
THE SAME INDIA WITH CORONA ?
Re: Nigerian Lady Pictured Backing Her Baby In India by etrange: 3:10pm On May 09, 2021
mutter:

You started by saying a woman is doing something the crude way and at the same time accuse her of thinking she is better?
Even if she said the wrapper is better, does it mean she thinks she is better. It is a preference for a product!
For you to mention back carriers is an indication that you perhaps don't really know much about these products..
Those things are on their own heavy and you can't carry young babies in it.
They are actually not used on a daily basis.

No offence intended but I have a strong impression you didn't understand the words/expressions I used. I never accused her of thinking she's better. I will break this down. Here is my first post:

It was a message to the OP who praised the lady by making reference to the fact that she did it like our mothers. I was telling him though it's beautiful, it's simply the lady's choice and it does not necessarily make her any better than those who use baby carriers. How you got to the conclusion that I was accusing the lady of claiming to be better is beyond me.

Here is the definition of crude:
"constructed in a rudimentary or makeshift way."

Going by this definition, tying your baby with a wrapper is crude cause it's rudimentary (that is, it does not involve complex principles or mechanics). I might as well said "the old way". It's what the word is meant for.

You called me out by saying we shouldn't look down on our ways. And I said no, that is not our culture. I specifically said it's okay if it's easier for you but it's not upholding any culture and it doesn't make anyone better cause it's primarily a matter of convenience.

I don't know why you're telling me how using wrapper is easier for you when I've said over and over again that it's fine if it's more convenient for provided you don't go thinking you're better than those who prefer to do it the other way. I only mentioned back carrier cause you specifically said "front". However, back or front carrier, painful or not, etc. are left to the person to consider and go with whichever one they prefer. That's my point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Update.i And My Wife Are Back Together / Is It Right For A Father To Lie Like This, With His Grown-up Daughter? / Wife Slept With Best Man For 35 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.