Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons (48341 Views)

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Zimbabwean Mother-in-law Demands Sex From Son-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by danngnews: 12:49pm On May 09, 2021
Djamel:

......Jacobs I like Esau I hate

Thats the Bible
Romans 9vs 13

Yet Esau is still blamed for selling his birthright.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Bimpe29: 12:52pm On May 09, 2021
Ifeanyi must be man enough and be confident that head can never become a tail.

Uneasy lie on the head that wears the crown.

It's always not been easy being the first among the equal.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by abbeyty90: 12:54pm On May 09, 2021
Na by force? leave them in the village and go plan your life elsewhere no be person den see den go kill with first son responsibilities. We come to this world separately that doesn't mean if God help you you won't help your siblings but not by force
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by millionboi(m): 12:57pm On May 09, 2021
ceejay1759:
Lol... My former boss. He's a very funny person, but family problems too much.
you mean he is your boss?
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by higgs: 12:58pm On May 09, 2021
Only first sons of poor families complain.First sons of rich families enjoy a lot.Some of them have unrestricted access to the family wealth while the other children have to wait till the estate is settled.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by calcal: 1:01pm On May 09, 2021
That is not the way to go about it anyway.

Simple, stay away from any inheritance, decision, let them collectively make the decision, and let them know that you are all equal.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by bigpicture001: 1:03pm On May 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Bro, I love ibos, but everything about them is force. They will force the first son do everything. First sons too behave like gods. Women are trashes in the culture. And if you point it to them, they even get more aggressive. I always stay away from engaging the core ibos. It is the truth. They are their own enemies. And I continue saying it, this same way they want to bully their way to Aso Rock will land them nothing. Lol. The bible is right. The first shall be last, while the last shall be first. Ibo produced the first president of Nigeria....lol. Imagine. They need to really talk to themselves.

You are full of bitterness for a progressive tribe that can hold it's own.. Does producing president makes your own tribe better..?

The respect and love their culture.. Mr /miss perfect. Do they tell you other tribes don't have their issues..? Again your full of hate, hence you lie that inbox treat women like trash.. It's funny the igbo women don't get family inheritances from parents if not willed but they end up having the best life granted them by family and husband amongs the three biggest Nigerian tribe ......

I know you want to be igbo.u wish you were born igbo....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 09, 2021
First born is the child who takes responsibility
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by mrsoludomeka(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2021
This guy is very stupid for renouncing his position as the first son of his family,is it because of the economic situations/hardship.is too bad,you shouldn't have giving up,do you know whether God is planning something special for you or maybe wants to bless you.anyway is not easy to be the first born in any family,am the first born life no easy for me,responsibilities too much,endurance,patience.i only hope in God.NEVER GIVE UP....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Drsnives(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Good decision

First sons dey suffer

Nigeria is hard gan

Then you try make your first wealth in your thirties after years of feeding hand to mouth, only for you to first for your parents and the immediate sibling down, ensure they’re stable in life, before you set off to enjoy your life and make your own family, just to ensure your own family stability devoid of their persistent financial harassments.

Don’t accept a burden you can not bear
Bros it's not easy ooo..
My own case is am the ist son with 3 younger siblings boys
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:

Go read your Bible so you will be better informed
I only asked a question
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Staru1(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2021
unity004:
A Nigerian man identified as Ifeanyi Onukwubiri has publicly denounced his position as the first son of his family.
According to Ifeanyi, in a letter dated May 7th, revealed he is willing to be the last born of the family as being the first son of the family is a thorn in his flesh, adding that his immediate younger brother should take the position.

In his words: "The position is a total liability to me, a setback and a thorn in my flesh. Hence I am writing to formally inform you that I have renounced my position as your first son, and I am willing to allow my immediate younger brother, Ikenna, to take over the position if he so desires". “By this letter, I am also relinquishing all my entitlements and heritage as your first son to Ikenna and Victor, and they are free to treat these entitlements as they wish. “I will therefore plead that from now on I should no longer be addressed as the first son of your family, I am willing to become the last born if possible.”

https://www./2021/05/08/nigerian-man-renounces-his-position-as-first-son-in-the-family-gives-reasons/

You announced to the public your decisions but failed to address the reasons behind your actions. ?They are so many first son that behaves like a new born child. Wetin.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Stfe(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2021
Everybody has his/her challenge,but don't run away or give up:face d challenges d way they come.I know sometimes it's not easy,but winners don't quit;quitters don't win! That's how Esau,because of hunger sold his birthright to Jacob,but he regreted his decisions.We should be very careful with our actions/decisions in times of challenges because'ur confession in times of confusion,brings d conclusion to ur condition' happy sunday everyone!
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by ChengHun(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2021
I understand his plight. If u are a first child all your younger ones will from time to time demand one thing or the other from you.
Learn white board animation and e-commerce website creation. My number is displayed underneath this comment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Naughtysex: 1:22pm On May 09, 2021
That's one thing i don't like about Igbo culture, once you are the first born (Be you Ada or okpala), you are in trouble
the responsibility of the family financially is on your head not shoulder o
If your parents who suppose have just two children (due to their poor financial standard) finally had 10 children, you the first born will be the one to train the remaining 9

He must have seen and hear wie before taking that step

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by letitrainnow(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2021
Esua

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by emonis88: 1:31pm On May 09, 2021
koondog:
Before I even open the thread, I knew it must be Igbo. Igbo culture and tradition is very complicated and you won't understand unless you are Igbo. They have many rules like in the bible. The first son in Igboland comes with both benefits and responsibilities. You will inherit the family estate in the village and many others but comes with heavy responsibilities too, not for free! You can't even denounce it because the land will come after you wherever you run to.
I just dey look d person dat is relinquishing his right as d firstborn, if it were so simple many for don do but , it is not as easy as dat,
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Naughtysex: 1:31pm On May 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Bro, I love ibos, but everything about them is force. They will force the first son do everything. First sons too behave like gods. Women are trashes in the culture. And if you point it to them, they even get more aggressive. I always stay away from engaging the core ibos. It is the truth. They are their own enemies. And I continue saying it, this same way they want to bully their way to Aso Rock will land them nothing. Lol. The bible is right. The first shall be last, while the last shall be first. Ibo produced the first president of Nigeria....lol. Imagine. They need to really talk to themselves.
Stop lying to yourself that you love igbos, your comment is full of hatred and if you should continue like this, you will end up having HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Love yourself first before loving someone else
leave igbo culture for igbo and your culture

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by letitrainnow(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2021
This must be as a result of a fake prophecy.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by temitope27(m): 1:36pm On May 09, 2021
:ohe sold his birth right,abi wetin I dey talk sef he gave it out for free grin
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Righteousness2(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

I only asked a question
Okay bro!
Esau relinquished his birth right
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by kestolove95(m): 1:48pm On May 09, 2021
Coward
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by HRMK: 1:58pm On May 09, 2021
HAHAHA....MODERN DAY ESSAU FOR YOU!
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Emeka71(m): 2:04pm On May 09, 2021
unity004:
Its not easy to be a firstborn especially in this current economy but we should not give up.

May God bless our legit hustle
He doesn't know himself.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Kiddo01(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2021
Please OP, where did this happen, which state and local government?

I'm waiting for the answer
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by charlesucheh(m): 2:14pm On May 09, 2021
Like seriously?

Guy Man be running away from responsibities.

But wait o! I doubt he would have written such a letter if what he inherited had come from a family as wealthy as Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga etc. Who dey reason same thing?
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by wizod(m): 2:14pm On May 09, 2021
The man is a real definition of the word [b] COWARD [\b] shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
grin
He must have seen terrible things for him to go this extent.
Nevertheless, there are certain decisions that we should be very careful before taking action.
Birthright is not what you toil with. The effect goes way beyond you. It could have consequences on coming generations.
The Reason we don't Hear GOD of Abramham, Isaac and Esau is because Esau relinquished his Birthright.

Liessss. God hated Esau even before they were born. As a matter of fact Esau is more blessed today than Jacob. But religion will not let u see clearly. Israelites that have never rested. Always on third edge. But Europeans (Scandinavians) are highly enjoying themselves with peace and good fortune while u still talk about the blessings of Jacob. Y'all should have sense for once.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Odiriance4all(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
grin
He must have seen terrible things for him to go this extent.
Nevertheless, there are certain decisions that we should be very careful before taking action.
Birthright is not what you toil with. The effect goes way beyond you. It could have consequences on coming generations.
The Reason we don't Hear GOD of Abramham, Isaac and Esau is because Esau relinquished his Birthright.

You're a wise man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by PastorFire: 2:26pm On May 09, 2021
jawalis:
I am the first child and I can tell. It’s not easy. You gotta make sure your siblings are ok before you plan for your own life which is more reason why I am here today where I am.
Let me tell you something my brother as first son. I was paying my our last born school fees from SS1 up to University. She didn't care, her own is..she must go to school.
Same with my younger brother at the University... And then others.. I was doing this while in one room. They never asked how i was doing but only called when they needed something. I was working hard and my life was getting nowhere.
Imagine your Father, mother, brother, sister, sister husband still calling to ask you for money when only, your life has not moved forward.
One day, my girlfriend asked me.. What about us? Won't we get married and take care of ourselves? You can't even buy a good pair of clothes or shoes for yourself.
This rang into my ears and i gave them a break. Now, i'm getting married soon in a comfortable apartment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by BennyDon: 2:38pm On May 09, 2021
Where's your faith, Ifeanyi?

I know firstborn position comes with so many challenges and demands but it's so erroneous to feel quitting the position would give you a relief.

I really wish you saw life from your cool eyes and realized that it can get better.

Now that you've chosen to be the lastborn, what would you gain?

To all firstborns here like me, may the Lord continue to make a way for you. May you not regret being the firstborn in Jesus' mighty name. You're lifted!
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Jimmyubah2: 3:00pm On May 09, 2021
It's not easy to be a human being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Sister Is Missing (photos) / 18-Year-Old Christianah Dania Ologun Is Missing In Abuja (Photo) / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.