Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons (48397 Views)

Mother Gives Birth To Three Kids For Son In Kwara (pics) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Zimbabwean Mother-in-law Demands Sex From Son-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2021
koondog:
Before I even open the thread, I knew it must be Igbo. Igbo culture and tradition is very complicated and you won't understand unless you are Igbo. They have many rules like in the bible. The first son in Igboland comes with both benefits and responsibilities. You will inherit the family estate in the village and many others but comes with heavy responsibilities too, not for free! You can't even denounce it because the land will come after you wherever you run to.

Bros leave matter. That one na fairy tales. Land wey no fit come after herdsmen wey dey use their long uncircumcised preeq rape local women ontop him head? Land wey just dey there dey watch as herdsmen dey destroy crops and butcher local men ontop him head? Abeg tok anoda ting!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Segzy19: 3:27pm On May 09, 2021
Afi ko gba kadara...

Eya, sorry that's what destiny has bestowed upon you... E no easy....
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by kolnel: 3:37pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
grin
He must have seen terrible things for him to go this extent.
Nevertheless, there are certain decisions that we should be very careful before taking action.
Birthright is not what you toil with. The effect goes way beyond you. It could have consequences on coming generations.
The Reason we don't Hear GOD of Abramham, Isaac and Esau is because Esau relinquished his Birthright.

what does the Bible means by "If your hand will stop you from entering heaven, cut it off?"
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Ikukuudo: 3:39pm On May 09, 2021
Lazy Nigerian youth..... Why giving up at a time like this?
Hustle hard and claim your mantle back.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Phraser: 4:10pm On May 09, 2021
Pfft
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Maxcollins042(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2021
A hugely annoying thing about being a first son is that they are terribly conditioned to believe they ought to be perfect. They are brought up with iron fists while others are with kids gloves. Their siblings are conditioned to believe they have nothing to contribute to the household but wait on the first son to do everything.

Why would parents birth children only to wait on the first son to come help raise them. Did he reach an agreement with them to go on procreating on the basis that he will help train them? Emotional manipulation.

Some parents, especially these Igbo uneducated conservatives, ain't helping at all. They will produce children only to sit back and heap the whole pressure on the first son. As if they have set up a business for him where he will generate incomes from to execute the expected obligations. Ah ah!

I know a family where the father was out of job and the mother is a typical housewife. They had 6 kids and had another on the way. The first son was in his freshman year and he wasn't coping financially well. It surprised me how parents who were finding it difficult to feed six mouths, sponsor their first son through the university were thinking of having another child. Obviously, they were relying on the first child to scale through school whatever way and come train the rest.

The most painful is the siblings being ungrateful to the first son after all the sacrifice he made to train them.

Most times I don't blame first sons who shy away from expectations. They are mostly seen as tools to achieve an end.

My own be say, no go carry this first son thing for head. Especially when you have siblings old enough to take care of themselves. If you do am, you no go dey alive raise your own family. Your parents sef no go help you train your children.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by HomoDroid(m): 4:56pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
grin
He must have seen terrible things for him to go this extent.
Nevertheless, there are certain decisions that we should be very careful before taking action.
Birthright is not what you toil with. The effect goes way beyond you. It could have consequences on coming generations.
The Reason we don't Hear GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Esau is because Esau relinquished his Birthright.

Nowadays, I have had to re-read my Bible over and over because of strange ideas, concepts and doctrines commonly disseminated and innocently propagated. Sometimes, I feel my Bible must be different, but when I check, I find it is people's opinions that are different.

One typical example is where most Christians erroneously claim that Samson sacrificed his destiny on the altar of the Laps of Delilah because of lust! Incredible! Samson never married Delilah. He merely used her to achieve his destiny. He never even lusted after her, nor did he have sex with her, despite all the opportunity!

In this case, I have not read any version of the Bible where it is stated that Esau relinquished his birthright. Rather his birthright was stolen from him through a gang up between his brother and his mother! In any case, it is not even clear-cut whether he actually had any birthright of first son in the first instance! His brother Jacob, supplanted him!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Cnach: 5:01pm On May 09, 2021
koondog:
Before I even open the thread, I knew it must be Igbo. Igbo culture and tradition is very complicated and you won't understand unless you are Igbo. They have many rules like in the bible. The first son in Igboland comes with both benefits and responsibilities. You will inherit the family estate in the village and many others but comes with heavy responsibilities too, not for free! You can't even denounce it because the land will come after you wherever you run to.
Even me, I know say e go be Ibo
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Richthekid: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
Lobatan no more liabilities
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by EagleNest(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2021
I just hope it has nothing to do with Buhari's Nigeria because I have never seen or heard about such denouncement anywhere in the world before.

What of if Ikenna and Victor refuse to change position with Ifeanyi(first son)? Never relinquish your God given position because of pressure of hardship, demands from family and other responsibilities. The best way to go about it, is to define your boundary of assistant to your parents and siblings, and enforce it. Never bow down to their pressures to take responsibility more than you can carry. Make sure that as you are supporting them that you are also establishing yourself and future, otherwise you will end up shooting yourself on the foot in the unfortunate situation of failing to stand at the end.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by jawalis(m): 7:19pm On May 09, 2021
PastorFire:
Let me tell you something my brother as first son. I was paying my our last born school fees from SS1 up to University. She didn't care, her own is..she must go to school.
Same with my younger brother at the University... And then others.. I was doing this while in one room. They never asked how i was doing but only called when they needed something. I was working hard and my life was getting nowhere.
Imagine your Father, mother, brother, sister, sister husband still calling to ask you for money when only, your life has not moved forward.
One day, my girlfriend asked me.. What about us? Won't we get married and take care of ourselves? You can't even buy a good pair of clothes or shoes for yourself.
This rang into my ears and i gave them a break. Now, i'm getting married soon in a comfortable apartment.
That’s serious bro. Thanks for this piece.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Righteousness2(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2021
HomoDroid:

Nowadays, I have had to re-read my Bible over and over because of strange ideas, concepts and doctrines commonly disseminated and innocently propagated. Sometimes, I feel my Bible must be different, but when I check, I find it is people's opinions that are different.

One typical example is where most Christians erroneously claim that Samson sacrificed his destiny on the altar of the Laps of Delilah because of lust! Incredible! Samson never married Delilah. He merely used her to achieve his destiny. He never even lusted after her, nor did he have sex with her, despite all the opportunity!

In this case, I have not read any version of the Bible where it is stated that Esau relinquished his birthright. Rather his birthright was stolen from him through a gang up between his brother and his mother! In any case, it is not even clear-cut whether he actually had any birthright of first son in the first instance! His brother Jacob, supplanted him!
Go and re-read your Bible again! Prayerfully do it this time for Understanding.
You are confusing many things..
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by armyofone(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2021
It's so wrong mentality in the Nigeria/African setting.

Every child is an individual. Parents should not have children and expect the 1st born child to take care of their children for them.

Doesn't make sense.
So sad people don't learn and go about having 4,5,6 etc children in our current generation!
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by goodman5(m): 9:06pm On May 09, 2021
Bruh u think say na by writing this nonsense, for Igbo land for that matter ��
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by MummyD2020(f): 9:06pm On May 09, 2021
unity004:
Its not easy to be a firstborn especially in this current economy but we should not give up.

May God bless our legit hustle
Not all first sons ate responsible. Speaking from first hand experience.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by MummyD2020(f): 9:13pm On May 09, 2021
koondog:

It is not all first sons that take up responsibilities. U guys should speak for yourselves . I have seen an irresponsible first son that they married for , gave birth to two kids still living with the parents. They sent abroad, he messed up and came back, they sent him out again. Now he doesnt even look after the parents and doesn't have relationship with the siblings. That wan na firstborn?
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by BerrykissAkah: 9:35pm On May 09, 2021
unity004:
A Nigerian man identified as Ifeanyi Onukwubiri has publicly denounced his position as the first son of his family.
According to Ifeanyi, in a letter dated May 7th, revealed he is willing to be the last born of the family as being the first son of the family is a thorn in his flesh, adding that his immediate younger brother should take the position.

In his words: "The position is a total liability to me, a setback and a thorn in my flesh. Hence I am writing to formally inform you that I have renounced my position as your first son, and I am willing to allow my immediate younger brother, Ikenna, to take over the position if he so desires". “By this letter, I am also relinquishing all my entitlements and heritage as your first son to Ikenna and Victor, and they are free to treat these entitlements as they wish. “I will therefore plead that from now on I should no longer be addressed as the first son of your family, I am willing to become the last born if possible.”

https://www./2021/05/08/nigerian-man-renounces-his-position-as-first-son-in-the-family-gives-reasons/

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by koondog: 10:01pm On May 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

[s]Bro, I love ibos, but everything about them is force. They will force the first son do everything. First sons too behave like gods. Women are trashes in the culture. And if you point it to them, they even get more aggressive. I always stay away from engaging the core ibos. It is the truth. They are their own enemies. And I continue saying it, this same way they want to bully their way to Aso Rock will land them nothing. Lol. The bible is right. The first shall be last, while the last shall be first. Ibo produced the first president of Nigeria....lol. Imagine. They need to really talk to themselves. [/s]
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Kabaka100: 11:27pm On May 09, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Hahahahahah. O gbala oso o.

Lol! E remain make him renounce him papa name too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by George234(m): 3:51am On May 10, 2021
Tension everywhere. Joy no dey dis country ooo
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by ImaIma1(f): 12:31pm On May 10, 2021
jawalis:
I am the first child and I can tell. It’s not easy. You gotta make sure your siblings are ok before you plan for your own life which is more reason why I am here today where I am.

And once you want to marry, they will ask you to settle them as if they were your apprentice. Then they gang up against your wife if money is not flowing. Very sad
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by ImaIma1(f): 12:32pm On May 10, 2021
Prenonjebose:
And if his siblings also reject the position.

The position should be left open. The father can fill it.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by ImaIma1(f): 12:41pm On May 10, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
Funny and sad at the same time.

How can you renounce your position as a first born when you are actually the first born of the family? Are you going to re-enter your mother's womb and be born last?

That kind of decision make you a disgrace both to your creator and your parents.

If family pressure is too much for you why not leave the family temporarily, go somewhere faraway and hustle, when you make it you can finally come back to help them. That's better than making yourself a laughing stock

Won't it be better for parents to have children they can comfortably cater for? Instead of setting up the first born to shoulder that responsibility. But no, they will keep churning out children they know they can't care for.

Parents should be responsible for their children.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by jawalis(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2021
ImaIma1:

And once you want to marry, they will ask you to settle them as if they were your apprentice. Then they gang up against your wife if money is not flowing. Very sad
You can relate. It’s damn frustrating.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by ImaIma1(f): 3:26pm On May 11, 2021
jawalis:

You can relate. It’s damn frustrating.

I married a first son so I understand. I had said i wasn't going to marry a first son/first child/only son but love took over.
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by jawalis(m): 6:47pm On May 11, 2021
ImaIma1:

I married a first son so I understand. I had said i wasn't going to marry a first son/first child/only son but love took over.
Good. Love leads. May God protect and bless your union
Re: Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons by Enemyofpeace: 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
The first shall be the last. Nothing new.

Labake1 come let's play ludo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

18-Year-Old Christianah Dania Ologun Is Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Man Who Rescued Baby Girl Dumped By Road Side In Enugu Shares Her New Photo / Man Tricks His Baby Who Refused To Take Milk From A Feeding Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.