Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. (493 Views)

Action That Will Make Me Divorce My Future Husband – Bbnaija Angel Reveals / Sweet In The Action, Ghetto Boys / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by morgan100(m): 8:12am On May 09, 2021
This write-up is lengthy…. Ignore and grammatical blunder.

April this year made it two years in the apartment I live in. Within these two years, different things have happened, ranging from living with a crazy tenant that will not want to contribute anything if we need to fix anything in the compound that is for general use (Example is the pumping machine). The same neighbor fighting everything in sight and also having an in-mature caretaker that is never straight forward.
Before moving into the compound in 2019, they have not been using the pumping machine in the house, because it was faulty, and the same tenant that has always refused to contribute to any repair was the reason why the other flats refused to fix it for almost a year. But when I paid to move in, I insisted that the machine must be replaced, else I will take back my money.

Funny enough, the caretaker did not replace the machine, but went ahead to do some shabby repair on it, when I told him why did he do that, he was like saying He did not have any agreement with me to buy a new pump. I was so surprised, and confused at the same time, because this was something we agreed upon before I even transferred money to you. I have moved in some of my things already, so there seems to be nothing that I can do, I just let it go hoping that the pumping machine will work fine. Lo and behold, less than a month, the machine stopped working.

I and the other neighbors fixed the pump from our own pocket (excluding the one that always refuse to contribute to anything). Again, less than few weeks the pump had another issue. Thank God for the other neighbor down stairs. I and the neighbor fixed it again. Funny enough, the caretaker is the plumber that normally comes to fix it, we will fix it with our money and still pay him for his services, with serious harassment from him, that we must pay him, which we always do. He claims the pumping machine is our responsibility and not his.
Three months before the expiration of my rent last year, I called the caretaker, and I told that him I want to pay 70% up front of my next rent, because when my rent will expire, my wife will be due for delivery and all the money on me then will be channeled to that purpose, in order to avoid a situation whereby I will be owing you, have this 70% first, and when this current one expires in 3 months, to pay the remaining 30% for this new one will be very easy for me. He agreed and I made the payment. That was around January 2020.

In March that same year, COVID-19 lockdown started (we all know what happened during that period). Funny enough, when it was May, I received a message from him that he is expecting the 30% balance of my new house rent. I was very surprised, I told him that, I have not been going to work, where does he expect me to get the money from and besides, you already have 70% with you, I am literally not owing you any month, so just calm down. Immediately when the lockdown was relaxed, I got called up for a job up North, the money I was paid from the job, I used it to balance up around August that year.

Going back to the pump machine issue, around December 2020, the pump developed another fault, this time around, those other tenant that we do fix it together were complaining of them being low with cash because of the effect of the COVID-19 things. So, I called the caretaker to come and check and let me know what the problem is, He came, he checked and told me the price that he will use in fixing it, I transferred the money to him personally, He came, he claimed to have fixed it, but the machine refuses to work. He will promise to come today, tomorrow and keep posting me, it got to a point I was feed up, I had to call another plumber who came to fix it, and I had to pay him another money for the job. I didn’t hear anything from the caretaker, he didn’t even care to know if we are able to use water or not. He never cared.

Around February this year, the coil of the pump got burnt, somehow, he got to hear about it, because I have already called another plumber to come and check, I guessed the crazy neighbor told him, he requested that the pump should be returned that he wants to fix it himself, I brought back the pump. Though I lambasted him for what he did in December, He was apologizing and it seems there was nothing I could do since he has apologized. He told us the price of fixing it.

Again, the crazy neighbor was already shouting that there is none of his business with fixing of the machine, that he is not paying anything. The caretaker was making threats that he was going to disconnect his flat from the water source. But I told him that there is no need for that, that’s his problem. (I have once posted a story about the crazy tenant here on nairaland before). Just let him be. I don’t want trouble. I paid the money that he was supposed to pay so that we can quickly fix the pump without delay, the other two flats contributed to fix it except him.

My concern is for the pump to be fixed, because I have a pregnant wife living upstairs, which I can’t allow her to begin to carry bucket on her head looking for water when am not at home. For that period that the pump was faulty, I am always carrying rubber on my head fetching water from the nearby house, because I can’t allow my wife to do that due to her condition. Even without her condition, I cannot allow that.
Again, this caretaker was now stalling the work after we have collected the machine from the rewinder. And keeps ignoring my call. One day I was so feed up and I called him and he picked up and I so much lambasted him. I told him that he has constantly shown the behavior of someone that cannot be trusted with any business dealings. Because aside the pump issue, there are other issues that has come up in time past in the house that he will say A today and tomorrow he will tell you that he didn’t say that.

Now, on the 4th of May, 2021, I received a call from him, He was like when am I going to see him, I said see you about what? He said for my house rent that it has expired 3 days ago. I told him that I will call him. He now made a statement that “I SHOULD BE FAST ABOUT THAT, AND IF I WANT TO PACK OUT NI, I SHOULD LET HIM KNOW AND I SHOULD DO THAT QUICKLY”. The call and the statement were surprising to me, because I have not been owing house rent, my rent just got expired 3 days ago, and I never mentioned that I was not paying. I was not even a troublesome tenant and you are making such statement?

I and my wife having been weight our options on moving out before now, if not for that, I would have even paid the rent before the expiration of the rent. But we weren’t ready because my wife is heavy, and her due date is ending of this month (we lost the first baby last year during delivery). I do not want to stress her with packing out because of her condition and besides, the money I have right now with me is solely for her delivery, because I do not want a situation whereby, I will be out of cash during her delivery.

The truth is now I have really made up my mind to move out, but I need some little time to sort out my delivery first. Which is just in few weeks and after then, we can move out, I do not want to pay a whole year rent, because when I am moving out, I won’t be able to get my money back from him, he is not a straightforward person. Please how do I handle the situation? I am not too versed with tenancy law, so that I won’t make mistake.

You can as well point out my mistakes, so I won't repeat that again.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by yomi007k(m): 8:22am On May 09, 2021
Quite lenghty.

In summary, how much have you guys spent in fixing the moribound pumping machine?

This is the reason I first constructed a well in my building because , I just cant shout.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by Nobody: 8:30am On May 09, 2021
morgan100:
This write-up is lengthy…. Ignore and grammatical blunder.

April this year made it two years in the apartment I live in. Within these two years, different things have happened, ranging from living with a crazy tenant that will not want to contribute anything if we need to fix anything in the compound that is for general use (Example is the pumping machine). The same neighbor fighting everything in sight and also having an in-mature caretaker that is never straight forward.
Before moving into the compound in 2019, they have not been using the pumping machine in the house, because it was faulty, and the same tenant that has always refused to contribute to any repair was the reason why the other flats refused to fix it for almost a year. But when I paid to move in, I insisted that the machine must be replaced, else I will take back my money.

Funny enough, the caretaker did not replace the machine, but went ahead to do some shabby repair on it, when I told him why did he do that, he was like saying He did not have any agreement with me to buy a new pump. I was so surprised, and confused at the same time, because this was something we agreed upon before I even transferred money to you. I have moved in some of my things already, so there seems to be nothing that I can do, I just let it go hoping that the pumping machine will work fine. Lo and behold, less than a month, the machine stopped working.

I and the other neighbors fixed the pump from our own pocket (excluding the one that always refuse to contribute to anything). Again, less than few weeks the pump had another issue. Thank God for the other neighbor down stairs. I and the neighbor fixed it again. Funny enough, the caretaker is the plumber that normally comes to fix it, we will fix it with our money and still pay him for his services, with serious harassment from him, that we must pay him, which we always do. He claims the pumping machine is our responsibility and not his.
Three months before the expiration of my rent last year, I called the caretaker, and I told that him I want to pay 70% up front of my next rent, because when my rent will expire, my wife will be due for delivery and all the money on me then will be channeled to that purpose, in order to avoid a situation whereby I will be owing you, have this 70% first, and when this current one expires in 3 months, to pay the remaining 30% for this new one will be very easy for me. He agreed and I made the payment. That was around January 2020.

In March that same year, COVID-19 lockdown started (we all know what happened during that period). Funny enough, when it was May, I received a message from him that he is expecting the 30% balance of my new house rent. I was very surprised, I told him that, I have not been going to work, where does he expect me to get the money from and besides, you already have 70% with you, I am literally not owing you any month, so just calm down. Immediately when the lockdown was relaxed, I got called up for a job up North, the money I was paid from the job, I used it to balance up around August that year.

Going back to the pump machine issue, around December 2020, the pump developed another fault, this time around, those other tenant that we do fix it together were complaining of them being low with cash because of the effect of the COVID-19 things. So, I called the caretaker to come and check and let me know what the problem is, He came, he checked and told me the price that he will use in fixing it, I transferred the money to him personally, He came, he claimed to have fixed it, but the machine refuses to work. He will promise to come today, tomorrow and keep posting me, it got to a point I was feed up, I had to call another plumber who came to fix it, and I had to pay him another money for the job. I didn’t hear anything from the caretaker, he didn’t even care to know if we are able to use water or not. He never cared.

Around February this year, the coil of the pump got burnt, somehow, he got to hear about it, because I have already called another plumber to come and check, I guessed the crazy neighbor told him, he requested that the pump should be returned that he wants to fix it himself, I brought back the pump. Though I lambasted him for what he did in December, He was apologizing and it seems there was nothing I could do since he has apologized. He told us the price of fixing it.

Again, the crazy neighbor was already shouting that there is none of his business with fixing of the machine, that he is not paying anything. The caretaker was making threats that he was going to disconnect his flat from the water source. But I told him that there is no need for that, that’s his problem. (I have once posted a story about the crazy tenant here on nairaland before). Just let him be. I don’t want trouble. I paid the money that he was supposed to pay so that we can quickly fix the pump without delay, the other two flats contributed to fix it except him.

My concern is for the pump to be fixed, because I have a pregnant wife living upstairs, which I can’t allow her to begin to carry bucket on her head looking for water when am not at home. For that period that the pump was faulty, I am always carrying rubber on my head fetching water from the nearby house, because I can’t allow my wife to do that due to her condition. Even without her condition, I cannot allow that.
Again, this caretaker was now stalling the work after we have collected the machine from the rewinder. And keeps ignoring my call. One day I was so feed up and I called him and he picked up and I so much lambasted him. I told him that he has constantly shown the behavior of someone that cannot be trusted with any business dealings. Because aside the pump issue, there are other issues that has come up in time past in the house that he will say A today and tomorrow he will tell you that he didn’t say that.

Now, on the 4th of May, 2021, I received a call from him, He was like when am I going to see him, I said see you about what? He said for my house rent that it has expired 3 days ago. I told him that I will call him. He now made a statement that “I SHOULD BE FAST ABOUT THAT, AND IF I WANT TO PACK OUT NI, I SHOULD LET HIM KNOW AND I SHOULD DO THAT QUICKLY”. The call and the statement were surprising to me, because I have not been owing house rent, my rent just got expired 3 days ago, and I never mentioned that I was not paying. I was not even a troublesome tenant and you are making such statement?

I and my wife having been weight our options on moving out before now, if not for that, I would have even paid the rent before the expiration of the rent. But we weren’t ready because my wife is heavy, and her due date is ending of this month (we lost the first baby last year during delivery). I do not want to stress her with packing out because of her condition and besides, the money I have right now with me is solely for her delivery, because I do not want a situation whereby, I will be out of cash during her delivery.

The truth is now I have really made up my mind to move out, but I need some little time to sort out my delivery first. Which is just in few weeks and after then, we can move out, I do not want to pay a whole year rent, because when I am moving out, I won’t be able to get my money back from him, he is not a straightforward person. Please how do I handle the situation? I am not too versed with tenancy law, so that I won’t make mistake.

You can as well point out my mistakes, so I won't repeat that again.

Thanks.
collect ur quick notice which is a 6 month extension
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by morgan100(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2021
yomi007k:
Quite lenghty.

In summary, how much have you guys spent in fixing the moribound pumping machine?

This is the reason I first constructed a well in my building because , I just cant shout.

Personally, between December to January alone, i have spent almost 20k, aside others that I can't even remember right now. Last month alone, another 10k.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by morgan100(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2021
musicproducer:
collect ur quick notice which is a 6 month extension

You mean i can request for a quick notice? I think that will be nice. That will buy me time, just needed a month or two, so that my wife can deliver and we move out.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by yomi007k(m): 8:40am On May 09, 2021
morgan100:

Personally, between December to January alone, i have spent almost 20k, aside others that I can't even remember right now. Last month alone, another 10k.

I contructed my well around march for 95k.

Lack of water can be discomforting.

And the truth is that even if you buy a new pumping machine , it will only take a few years before the same problems start all over.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by Nobody: 8:40am On May 09, 2021
morgan100:

You mean i can request for a quick notice? I think that will be nice. That will buy me time, just needed a month or two, so that my wife can deliver and we move out.

yh request for it and tell u will need ur 4 to 6 months Tennant housing agreement to seek for another accommodation if he does not like it he should go to court.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by morgan100(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2021
yomi007k:

I contructed my well around march for 95k.

Lack of water can be discomforting.

And the truth is that even if you buy a new pumping machine , it will only take a few years before the same problems start all over.

Honestly, I do not like water problem, that's why I always try to personally fix it, even when other the other crazy neighbor refuses to contribute, I do not mind, I just want to see water, that's my concern.
Re: I Need Your Advice On The Action That I Am To Take. by morgan100(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2021
musicproducer:

yh request for it and tell u will need ur 4 to 6 months Tennant housing agreement to seek for another accommodation if he does not like it he should go to court.

I am saving this comment.

(1) (Reply)

African Summit: No Country Suitable In Africa To Host? / Need A VTU Website? / Lady Narrates How Money She Was Saving Up In A Piggy Bank Mysteriously Disappear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.