Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? (64518 Views)

Lady Invites A Native-Doctor To Fight Bank For Wrongly Debiting Her (Video) / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account / Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by SirBunky85(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2021
rexlims:
@op, Ur mums account was used as a conduit, I bet u that money is into hundreds of millions of not billions of naira and so many other accounts have been used as well as Ur mum's.
Leave d money like that. I can tell u that d money will be there for d next 10yrs cos they would want her to transfer d money to a designated account and that is how all d money will be aggregated into d designated account and later u will hear one govt aide saying they are monetary gifts.
so true.my account has been used for such prior to this bvn brouhaha
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by themanderon: 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
BetBuilder365:

Why call them criminal? You see how stupid people are on nairaland? That's why I advise against sharing any thing here, some people are too dumb and dense

Please define criminality. Except it now has a new definition what they did is criminal now they may have roped themselves into something they may not come out from easily all because of greed.

3 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Fantacy4(m): 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
Fantacy4:

These could be a murder case oh
Those guys can to extreme to get their money so you should take care in running it
and when ever they calls back let them know they lodged into you guys bank account and needs compensation but ehn those guys fit bleeb una ass oh
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by executive12: 6:31pm On May 09, 2021
seankafor:
Na myfault say you do mistake transfer money to my account?
What if I have been praying and fasting for it?

Oga you and your mum should use the remaining money and get a lawyer standby.
It's their fuckups and nothing concerns you..

No be everybody be gentle man to return money mistakenly sent to his account

Wrong advice. If they spend the money, it will amount to stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:
Whether government or otherwise, the money isn't yours.
Criminal.
You said it all. Every other comment is false and counterfeit! Na Nigeria we dey and we all know wetin dey happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by executive12: 6:32pm On May 09, 2021
seankafor:
Na myfault say you do mistake transfer money to my account?
What if I have been praying and fasting for it?

Oga you and your mum should use the remaining money and get a lawyer standby.
It's their fuckups and nothing concerns you..

No be everybody be gentle man to return money mistakenly sent to his account

Wrong advice. If they spend the money, it will amount to stealing. The money should be sent back to the sender.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by fgr63: 6:34pm On May 09, 2021
I also received similar cash 4 days ago
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by doneback04: 6:37pm On May 09, 2021
Never be afraid about the money issue, just find lawyer but you guys were fast in spending the money on material things
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by FarahAideed: 6:38pm On May 09, 2021
You people are all greedy dishonest people ..how can you spend money that's not yours a d your mum even allowed you to ...Better go and start preparing for case

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Femeto: 6:40pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:
On Sunday, last two weeks my mom got a bank alert notification, someone sent her 3 million naira, she wasn't expecting money from anyone.

She was shocked, she called I and my younger sister. We couldn't believe it, so we waited for three days to see if the bank will reverse the money, they didn't, so I and my sister took our mom's ATM card to withdraw and test if the money was genuine.

We bought three phones from it. That's when we believed it was real. Then I transferred #50,000 to my bank and transferred #50k into my mom's other account which we used for foodstuffs.

On the fifth day the bank froze the remaining balance of the huge money sent. But no bank official or staff called my mom. That week passed, on the 3rd day of the second week, one lady called my mom by phone in the afternoon, she said her name is Sarah from so so bank.

My mom is not literate so they spoken in pidgin, she told my mom that she knows that my mom received a #3mil last two weeks and she has spent out of it. That the money was government money. Sarah told my mom to go to any nearest ........bank and write a mandate letter authorizing the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil in her acct and the bank will give us the beneficiary account which she will send the money back to. And we should return the money we spent out of it immediately.

When we got to my mom's bank, we went to customer agent area, instead of writing the mandate letter, we told the agent everything that happened leaving nothing untouched. the agent said we should give him the number of the staff that called us, when he called the Sarah with his phone, Sarah gave him another name, instead of introducing herself as Sarah, she said her name is Evelyn. She now told the agent to hold my mom down till she (Evelyn) gets to that bank to arrest my mom or whatever.

The agent said on what basis would he hold my mom down. The agent checked the description when the money was sent and he couldn't understand the description. He was saying how could this be government money. He told my mom to try and return the money spent and he told us to go.

The description on the transfer when it came in on Sunday was: "National Procurement of Scanners" #3million.

Is this truly a government money?

Nairalanders what are your opinions? Because my mom is scared, Sarah or Evelyn bullied her on the phone with jail time.

I don't know what to do.
Return the money to the sender.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Restructure9ja(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Whizzdom:
On Sunday, last two weeks my mom got a bank alert notification, someone sent her 3 million naira, she wasn't expecting money from anyone.

She was shocked, she called I and my younger sister. We couldn't believe it, so we waited for three days to see if the bank will reverse the money, they didn't, so I and my sister took our mom's ATM card to withdraw and test if the money was genuine.

We bought three phones from it. That's when we believed it was real. Then I transferred #50,000 to my bank and transferred #50k into my mom's other account which we used for foodstuffs.

On the fifth day the bank froze the remaining balance of the huge money sent. But no bank official or staff called my mom. That week passed, on the 3rd day of the second week, one lady called my mom by phone in the afternoon, she said her name is Sarah from so so bank.

My mom is not literate so they spoken in pidgin, she told my mom that she knows that my mom received a #3mil last two weeks and she has spent out of it. That the money was government money. Sarah told my mom to go to any nearest ........bank and write a mandate letter authorizing the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil in her acct and the bank will give us the beneficiary account which she will send the money back to. And we should return the money we spent out of it immediately.

When we got to my mom's bank, we went to customer agent area, instead of writing the mandate letter, we told the agent everything that happened leaving nothing untouched. the agent said we should give him the number of the staff that called us, when he called the Sarah with his phone, Sarah gave him another name, instead of introducing herself as Sarah, she said her name is Evelyn. She now told the agent to hold my mom down till she (Evelyn) gets to that bank to arrest my mom or whatever.

The agent said on what basis would he hold my mom down. The agent checked the description when the money was sent and he couldn't understand the description. He was saying how could this be government money. He told my mom to try and return the money spent and he told us to go.

The description on the transfer when it came in on Sunday was: "National Procurement of Scanners" #3million.

Nairalanders what are your opinions? Because my mom is scared, Sarah or Evelyn bullied her on the phone with jail time.

I don't know what to do.

Call 09028778072
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by MrGerald(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2021
It could be criminals using your mom's account to receive money, could be ransom without your consent, either ways you're on money or heading to prison
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by nuruajao: 6:45pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.
Send the remaining balance to TSA
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by ojonugwa25(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2021
I had similar case about 2 years ago ,I got an alert of 7.2million naira from fcmb bank to my first bank account I was surprised so I waited for 5days before I was called by the bank to come to ikeja office at allen to sign some papers,thank God I did not spend a kobo from d said amount the money was returned to d owner what if I withdrew d money what could have happened? It only d cashier that compensated me with just 5k but I least I have rest of mind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by themanderon: 6:46pm On May 09, 2021
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you make strong mistakes, you should have empty the account imidiately and keep the money in a safe place intact first, the idiot Sarah or evlyn had no knowledge of law to have bn threatening you with jail, you or your mom comitted no offense, allow them to come court letter and let the idiot understand you guys haven't stole from anyone, as per the one you have spent, tell the judge you can pay in 10years trust me you will be discharged and acuted, if I'm the one, I will spend all the 3m on my business and I will not deny I received the money, I will pay back as it's convenient for me. No case.

Try this and rot in jail. Mr lawyer that knows the law. Talk is cheap.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by ultimateprof: 6:47pm On May 09, 2021
To be sincere, you guys did not do well!
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Oloristarr(f): 6:49pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Reference(m): 6:51pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.

Better return the money before you are all tracked down and assassinated. There are a lots of unsavoury things happening in this country involving the movement of huge amounts of black money covertly.

Just quietly return it for your own good. Then make a legal statement and lock it in a vault.

2 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 09, 2021
DAMN99:

FYI they are not criminals
Sadly they actually are,as they have committed an offence for spending money that clearly did not belong to their mother.They could have gone to the bank immediately.Life is tough but we should be accountable and anything stolen generates problems eventually.

3 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Freelane33(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2021
You’re not in any position to call anyone criminal MR GOLA “ANT
Golan007:
Whether government or otherwise, the money isn't yours.
Criminal.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Thefxchanger: 7:01pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

Can we tell the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil, wouldn't the bank ask us questions?

Don’t be greedy if your money isn’t inside the acct ...

Don’t ask the bank to unfreeze it...

They will unfreeze it themselves if there is no legal backing to the freezing of the acct...

Now this is what really happened...

Some group of people in government have used your mums acct and some other accts to cash out from government’s money by spreading multiples of such money to known and unknown accts ... they have insider bankers who run the job for them.

They will then contact each person to transfer the money to other accts they can easily take out the money from...

Don’t send the money to them... tell them you will wait till your bank wish to process a reversal to wherever the money came from initially ...

If you’re not greedy, you don’t need your body to dey pepper you to the point of wanting the remaining 2 million
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2021
zedegit:
[size=8pt][/size]

You won't understand. For someone who has never seen such an amount in his life and boom it lands. You say what again?

Mistake was not cashing out everything.

And dem go forget you for jail.

Be like say you don't know how 9ja works.

If you want to do illegal stuffs like kolobi money sent to your account. You must be powerful and rich. And must seek legal counsel before touching the dough..

Even if you go Scott free.. Those that own the money go mud you..

Nothing is free in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Thefxchanger: 7:04pm On May 09, 2021
Tutu82:

Sadly they actually are,as they have committed an offence for spending money they clearly did not belong to their mother.They could have gone to the bank immediately.Life is tough but we should be accountable and anything stolen generates problems eventually.

Mrs righteous, point of correction... they aren’t criminals ...

I can spend money deposited into my acct and claim I was expecting money for business transactions from business partners...

If the bank can prove the source of the money not to be from my business partners, then all they will make me do is return the pet I have spent and not criminalize me ...

Even without knowledge of legal processes, it’s common sense
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 09, 2021
[quote author=Oloristarr post=101529977][/quote]

It must have felt like manna from heaven at the time but you see the story getting longer now.That you even moved some money out to yourself and sister and bought phones makes you both accessories to financial crime and speaks to your character.

You need not take part in investigating the source or if it belongs to government or not.It was not yours to spend.What if it is drug money you really believe they can’t trace you in this digital age?.Keep your hands clean least you lose your life because of 3m.

Ild advice you hustle,be honest and and live according to your means.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by AbujaCitiBlog: 7:07pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.
It is stolen money. They spread the money into several accounts. Next time she calls, tell her you are going to media houses to expose them for stealing from government. Which government parastatal or agency or ministry sent the money? Ask her to tell her office address so that you come there and meet her there. She will back out immediately.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Chris2863(m): 7:10pm On May 09, 2021
Family made of criminals grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by adebwalex(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.

To be frank,You all need to be arrested. You saw an alert of Money that you did not work for instead of you to go to the bank and lodge a complain but you went ahead to taste the ATM machine to see if cash will come out. You went and buy phone and flenjo with the money until you spent 1million. Haven't you guy heard story of some faithful Nigerians who return money that was mistakenly sent to them and some were rewarded for their honesty.. Do you know what you did could even course the sack of the bank employee who might have by mistake transfer such sum of money to your mum account.

Last year a teller who did a transaction since 2years never new that the transaction she mistakenly did will cost her. Not until last year the bank discover from their ledger that a transfer of 1million was sent to someone account instead of 100k which she was supposed to do last 2 years. An investigation was conducted and the account holder was trace down. But it was an elderly man who was 78Years old. The man make the bank to understand that it was his children that made use of the money. That lady was asked to pay the money with the BM who authorize the payment. You guys should face the music...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

But dem don freeze the remaining #2mil now. How person wan hire lawyer? My mom was thinking we should return the money little by little. We have spent #220,000 from it.
Copy down the account number you are supposed to send it to, call the sarah and tell her that you are more comfortable reporting the entire case to efcc and see her reaction.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by StreetPreacher: 7:14pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

But dem don freeze the remaining #2mil now. How person wan hire lawyer? My mom was thinking we should return the money little by little. We have spent #220,000 from it.
U spent 220k already. That's too much to spend from money whose source is unknown ooooo
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Uniquekriss(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
any money you put in that akant will be frozen. unless you just abandoned the account because of 20k
not true, cos if they needed to remove money from my account, since they have access to my bvn they could as well take d money from my other accounts with d aid of bvn
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by numericalguy(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

Can we tell the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil, wouldn't the bank ask us questions?

Thief dey this guy blood.. You should be thanking God that the account was frozen to prevent you and your greedy and reckless family from further digging your grave.

Whizzdom:

You and your family are a thief family..
All you and your family are worried about is how to unfreeze the account so that you could continue your spending spree.

I hope (for your sake) that the bank doesn't unfreeze the account because you would have spent all the money.. These are the kind of money that people vomit with tears.

I think you are a liar. You claimed to have spent N220,000 from N3million and you have N2million left. Your calculation is not adding up.

So you and your theif family spent N1million in a few days.

FYI: The owner(s) of the money have a strong case for them to be able to freeze your mum's account.

2 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Awoo88: 7:17pm On May 09, 2021
Somebody defrauded the government or even the bank with your mum account number. You should have unfreeze the account and spent the money. Most time, those guy study you and know the branch you frequent. they will sent money and freeze the account, as soon as you stepped in to the bank to complain, they will be notified and ask you to withdraw the money to give to them. If they perceive you are not naïve, they will to give one stupid story and tell how the money will be shared. keep the money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.