Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. (725 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Childofthelord(f): 2:11pm On May 09, 2021
Branching off Leshuur’s post on Truths about living abroad, I will be juxtaposing some points made on previous discussions on the above topic.

Nigerians are pretty nosey, they want to know your life story and immigration status, where you came from, did you come by a make-shift boat or by plane, or you came from Roxham road(the unofficial immigration border between US and Canada- common for asylum seekers) and that’s how they try to gauge your success.

According to Leshuur, the major issue was that Nigerian churches abroad are toxic because everything bad about Nigeria is practiced there; mediocrity, corruption, nepotism, classism, hypocrisy, wickedness, envy, you name it!
The focus is neither on God, nor attaining righteousness but rather on showing off, making money, and being rewarded with titles in within the organization (church). Essentially, these churches are invariably an extension of the Nigerian society.
ENG0701 added that, for church issue, he attends a predominantly white church. Some prefer Nigerian churches to feel at home, but lots of stories of drama. White churches can be boring, but they are sound, very supportive and no drama.
With these experiences, many concluded that “If they relocate abroad, they will not live in a black neighborhood and won't attend Nigerian church.

But someone like Ninokingz would oppose that because as a matter fact for those planning relocation, the best thing to do for yourselves is locating a Nigerian church or else you are on your own.
He added that his first official 1st job here was connected to me by a brother from the church. “In the RCCG parish I worship we are to ourselves the family members we don't have here.”

Well, I like to go by the essential thought found in the work of the Greek poet Hesiod (c. 700 bc), 'observe due measure; moderation is best in all things' Philipians 4:5 also says, Let you moderation be known to all men.

My advice: Attend a Nigerian church maybe twice a month, try to be friends with 4-5 people, avoid any form of group leadership brouhaha, don’t give too much information about your life history, and learn to say No without actually saying No. Be smart and work towards independency. Life is not that hard and we all need each other after all. God bless you. wink

Link to original post is linked below

Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by cybersoldiers: 2:25pm On May 09, 2021
Childofthelord:
Branching off Leshuur’s post on Truths about living abroad, I will be juxtaposing some points made on previous discussions on the above topic.

Nigerians are pretty nosey, they want to know your life story and immigration status, where you came from, did you come by a make-shift boat or by plane, or you came from Roxham road(the unofficial immigration border between US and Canada- common for asylum seekers) and that’s how they try to gauge your success.

According to Leshuur, the major issue was that Nigerian churches abroad are toxic because everything bad about Nigeria is practiced there; mediocrity, corruption, nepotism, classism, hypocrisy, wickedness, envy, you name it!
The focus is neither on God, nor attaining righteousness but rather on showing off, making money, and being rewarded with titles in within the organization (church). Essentially, these churches are invariably an extension of the Nigerian society.
ENG0701 added that, for church issue, he attends a predominantly white church. Some prefer Nigerian churches to feel at home, but lots of stories of drama. White churches can be boring, but they are sound, very supportive and no drama.
With these experiences, many concluded that “If they relocate abroad, they will not live in a black neighborhood and won't attend Nigerian church.

But someone like Ninokingz would oppose that because as a matter fact for those planning relocation, the best thing to do for yourselves is locating a Nigerian church or else you are on your own.
He added that his first official 1st job here was connected to me by a brother from the church. “In the RCCG parish I worship we are to ourselves the family members we don't have here.”

Well, I like to go by the essential thought found in the work of the Greek poet Hesiod (c. 700 bc), 'observe due measure; moderation is best in all things' Philipians 4:5 also says, Let you moderation be known to all men.

My advice: Attend a Nigerian church maybe twice a month, try to be friends with 4-5 people, avoid any form of group leadership brouhaha, don’t give too much information about your life history, and learn to say No without actually saying No. Be smart and work towards independency. Life is not that hard and we all need each other after all. God bless you. wink

Rccg and some other churches owned by Yoruba's are nothing but scamming, bigotry and wicked centers

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Shellsploit: 2:41pm On May 09, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Prodigee: 4:56pm On May 09, 2021
cybersoldiers:

Rccg and some other churches owned by Yoruba's are nothing but scamming, bigotry and wicked centers
Niggarr take a chill pill! How can you accuse nairaland and it's mods of bigotry and targeting your kinsmen when you go around tagging and insulting omoluabis with so much lack of decorum. You better take it easy before you commit suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Childofthelord(f): 5:06pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Childofthelord(f): 9:22pm On May 09, 2021
Can at least be respectful, while we try to make our points? Thanks
cybersoldiers:

Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Childofthelord(f): 6:47am On May 16, 2021
I thought the same too. We can always express our ideas without bringing others down verbally. Let peace reign please
Prodigee:
Niggarr take a chill pill! How can you accuse nairaland and it's mods of bigotry and targeting your kinsmen when you go around tagging and insulting omoluabis with so much lack of decorum. You better take it easy before you commit suicide.
Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by Childofthelord(f): 3:00pm On May 16, 2021
I think it is great to consider both sides of the post before making our comments. There are pros and cons too. Thanks
Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by neurosci: 3:38am On May 17, 2021
Went to a Nigerian church for the first time today out of curiosity. No drama so far
Re: Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. by chuose2: 4:06am On May 17, 2021
RCCG (Redeemed) is not christian

They are all Freemasons in RCCG

(1) (Reply)

I See Soldiers In My Dreams All The Time! / Marriage Matter / We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.