Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Marriage Matter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Matter (721 Views)

The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible / ‘Na My Matter Go Kill You’ – Church Banner Spotted In Benin, Edo State. Photo / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
New Message By Joseph
Talking about if We should Get Married?
Text: 1 Corinthians 7:38
Read more: https://www.josephedembassey.com
Something You should know is that marriage was ordained by God.
The matter of married or not, is what this message is looking into.
Read here:
https://www.josephedembassey.com/2021/06/should-i-get-married.html

Remain blessed.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
Faithworld1:
New Message By Joseph
Talking about if We should Get Married?
Text: 1 Corinthians 7:38
Read more: https://www.josephedembassey.com
Something You should know is that marriage was ordained by God.
The matter of married or not, is what this message is looking into.
Read here:
https://www.josephedembassey.com/2021/06/should-i-get-married.html

Remain blessed.
Marriage may have been ordained by God but marriages are not of the Kingdom of God, meaning the relationships and friendships, even family relationships begin and end here in this world. What matters in the Kingdom of God is our individual submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Marriage may have been ordained by God but marriages are not of the Kingdom of God, meaning the relationships and friendships, even family relationships begin and end here in this world. What matters in the Kingdom of God is our individual submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law. undecided
Thanks for your contributions sir. The Revelation is that marriage points to the Person of God; Christ and His church.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Faithworld1:

Thanks for your contributions sir. The Revelation is that marriage points to the Person of God; Christ and His church.
Revelation ke? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Revelation ke? undecided
Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Revelation 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."

Glory to God.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2021
Faithworld1:

Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Revelation 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."
Glory to God.
This is from a dream/vision but why is it a "revelation" of marriage for us in this world we live in? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This is from a dream/vision but why is it a "revelation" of marriage for us in this world we live in? undecided
That is scripture about the Marriage to come. You can call it a dream. That's good, but the truth is everything is pointing to one person: Christ Jesus.
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 9:04am On Jun 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is true, but talking about the Marriage of the lamb, it is beyond mere friendships and relationships of men with themselves. It is an eternal union.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2021
Faithworld1:

That is scripture about the Marriage to come. You can call it a dream. That's good, but the truth is everything is pointing to one person: Christ Jesus.
The Law of God says that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall a thing be established as True. What other witness is there of this "Marriage to come" that you speak of? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2021
Faithworld1:

That is true, but talking about the Marriage of the lamb, it is beyond mere friendships and relationships of men with themselves. It is an eternal union.
It is beyond mere human relationship and you being human and born into this world know or have understanding of this out-of-this-world relationship how? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 5:01am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is beyond mere human relationship and you being human and born into this world know or have understanding of this out-of-this-world relationship how? undecided
I'm indeed human, and claim not to have to understanding on this Marriage but I know that true understanding comes from the True God. What I am pointing to is Christ and the Church. The Union of this two is beyond the scope of my write-up but I speak of Him.
He is the reason for everything including marriage. I know that when Christ cames, we will be with Him.
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 5:06am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Law of God says that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall a thing be established as True. What other witness is there of this "Marriage to come" that you speak of? undecided
The scriptures accounts for himself. It all depends on the idea of marriage you possess while reading this write-ups.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 5:33am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

The scriptures accounts for himself. It all depends on the idea of marriage you possess while reading this write-ups.
That is not what God says. His laws are fool proof! undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 5:38am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

I'm indeed human, and claim not to have to understanding on this Marriage but I know that true understanding comes from the True God. What I am pointing to is Christ and the Church. The Union of this two is beyond the scope of my write-up but I speak of Him.
He is the reason for everything including marriage. I know that when Christ cames, we will be with Him.
Jesus Christ is explained to you in the books of the Gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. If you were really wanting to speak of Him, you had more than enough detail to start off there, instead of quoting verses from a book of dreams- revelations- and about a union you admit you have no true understanding of. undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 5:38am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is not what God says. His laws are fool proof! undecided
I belong to the school of thought that e everyone should know God for himself. And I am happy for you, that you know God laws very much. Thank you and God bless you Beloved in Christ Jesus.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

I belong to the school of thought that e everyone should know God for himself. And I am happy for you, that you know God laws very much. Thank you and God bless you Beloved in Christ Jesus.
Everyone ought to know of God . God Himself said He will be the one to teach everyone who belongs to Hik about Himself - Jeremiah 31 vs 34 - and Jesus Christ echoed this same sentiment when He declared that only those who are taught of God by God are those who belong to Him - John 6 vs 43 - 45. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Truth of God Himself, taught us in detail about God right there in the Gospels. So why Revelations and why a reference to some marriage we spoken of in dream vision? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 5:45am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is explained to you in the books of the Gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. If you were really wanting to speak of Him, you had more than enough detail to start off there, instead of quoting verses from a book of dreams- revelations- and about a union you admit you have no true understanding of. undecided
"Beloved you are mis quoting me in your latter words. Kindly read my reply without adding your own words. "I claim not to have" doesn't mean I don't have, but that "true understanding comes from the true God." There's no earn trying to know who is right or wrong, Christ is the center of the Gospel, right from Genesis even if unto Revelation, He has been spoken of.
The good thing is, Christ has been made known and making Himself known even in this discussion. Glory be to God.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

"Beloved you are mis quoting me in your latter words. Kindly read my reply without adding your own words. "I claim not to have" doesn't mean I don't have, but that "true but understanding comes from the true God." There's no earn trying to know who is right of wrong, Christ is the center of the Gospel, right from Genesis even if unto Revelation, He has been spoken of.
The good thing is, Christ has been made known and making Himself known even in this discussion. Glory be to God.
My mistake! undecided

So go ahead, what understanding do you suppose to have of what is written in John's record of his dream, Revelation, chapter 19 vs 7 - 9? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 6:12am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
My mistake! undecided

So go ahead, what understanding do you suppose to have of what is written in John's record of his dream, Revelation, chapter 19 vs 7 - 9? undecided

Having labelled it a man's dream, what do you want to hear? As regarding the synoptic gospels you listed, Christ Jesus spoke concerning marriage. The message I share, after having discussed on the Marriage of men, referenced the Bridegroom (Christ) and His bride (the church). I will not say anymore to you on this, my message is clear to those who chose to understand. I owe you nothing on this, for Christ is coming to take His bride (the church).
Therefore, let us watch and pray.
Bye.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

Having labelled it a man's dream, what do you want to hear? As regarding the synoptic gospels you listed, Christ Jesus spoke concerning marriage. The message I share, after having discussed on the Marriage of men, referenced the Bridegroom (Christ) and His bride (the church). I will not say anymore to you on this, my message is clear to those who chose to understand. I owe you nothing on this, for Christ is coming to take His bride (the church).
Therefore, let us watch and pray.
Bye.
1. Are you not told in chapter one that it is from a dream/vision? undecided

2. Jesus Christ warned in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 9, against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men as if in the name of God - Do not add or remove from God's Law. The two commands Jesus Christ gave deal with

A. The entering into of a marriage contract
B. Divorce in the case of fornication

Other than that, He declared that our marriages are of this world. So any teaching that attempts to add to that which Jesus Christ had given is nothing but a lie. undecided

3. Jesus Christ told you that He will build His own Church, so be sure that His "bride" He builds for Himself as in by His own hands and not by the hands of men. undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you not told in chapter one that it is from a dream/vision? undecided

2. Jesus Christ warned in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 9, against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men as if in the name of God - Do not add or remove from God's Law. The two commands Jesus Christ gave deal with

A. The entering into of a marriage contract
B. Divorce in the case of fornication

Other than that, He declared that our marriages are of this world. So any teaching that attempts to add to that which Jesus Christ had given is nothing but a lie. undecided

3. Jesus Christ told you that He will build His own Church, so be sure that His "bride" He builds for Himself as in by His own hands and not by the hands of men. undecided
Yes and I believe the dream/vision it is true. Jesus Christ is not just the builder of the church, but the Creator and the Maker of all. Thank you for your contributions, but whatever is it, doesn't make the oneness of Christ and the church (the marriage I speak - two becoming one) a teaching of men's traditions. Christ is all and in all.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 6:44am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

Yes and I believe the dream/vision is true it is true. Jesus Christ is not just the builder of the church, but the Creator and the Maker of all. Thank you for your contributions, but whatever is it, doesn't make the oneness of Christ and the church (the marriage I speak - two becoming one) a teaching of men's traditions. Christ is all and in all.
1. Typically, you never apply a literal interpretation to that which is seen in a dream, so why would you literally consider a dream TRUE, especially a dream had by a third-party here, John? undecided

2. In Matthew 16 vs 18, Jesus Christ tells you that He will build His own Church Himself. The oneness you supposedly speak of engineered by His own hands. Clearly, this is nothing like our own understanding of marriage in this world, is it? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Typically, you never apply a literal interpretation to that which is seen in a dream, so why would you literally consider a dream TRUE, especially a dream had by a third-party here, John? undecided

2. In Matthew 16 vs 18, Jesus Christ tells you that He will build His own Church Himself. The oneness you supposedly speak of engineered by His own hands. Clearly, this is nothing like our own understanding of marriage in this world, is it? undecided

To the first, the scripture says it is true and I believe it. Why? Because I understand it with relation to the oneness of Christ and the Church.

To the second, I am happy you clearly stated that it's "nothing like our own understanding of marriage in the world."

To be emphatic about this, my reference is to the oneness of Christ with the church. Yes, He made the church and for Himself - Christ and the church - becoming One (The Head and the body) is deeper that than human understanding of marriage. And the word Marriage is about two becoming one.

I don't see what you said far different from this, but it's all about accepting this simple truth.
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 7:17am On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

To the first, the scripture says it is true and I believe it. Why? Because I understand it with relation to the oneness of Christ and the Church.

To the second, I am happy you clearly stated that it's "nothing like our own understanding of marriage in the world."

To be emphatic about this, my reference is to the oneness of Christ with the church. Yes, He made the church and for Himself - Christ and the church - becoming One (The Head and the body) is deeper that than human understanding of marriage. And the word Marriage is about two becoming one.

I don't see what you said far different from this, but it's all about accepting this simple truth.
1. Where in scripture are you told that what is written in John's dream /vision is TRUE? undecided
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Where in scripture are you told that what is written in John's dream /vision is TRUE? undecided
Revelation 19:7-9 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."

Jesus Christ also spoke in a parable in Matthew 25:1-12 about the on this likes concerning Himself. And in verse 13 He said, "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
Re: Marriage Matter by Kobojunkie: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Faithworld1:

Revelation 19:7-9 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."

Jesus Christ also spoke in a parable in Matthew 25:1-12 about the on this likes concerning Himself. And in verse 13 He said, "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
My question again.....
Kobojunkie:
Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
My question again.....
Have ye not read?
Faithworld1:

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, [/b]These are the true sayings of God."[b]

Re: Marriage Matter by Faithworld1(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Peace be with you.

(1) (Reply)

We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media / How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? / Do You Seek To Please Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.