Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! (4675 Views)

Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / Worst Airlines In Nigeria For Year 2018 / Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:42pm On May 27, 2021
NewBea:
Can you share why British Airlines is your least favourite?
I was gonna book it for my trip to the uk but now you've discouraged me

Hey friend! Great question, and let me say I certainly don’t want to discourage you from flying with them. While I would fly them again, here’s why they are my least favorite. I’ve flown them roughly 6 times. Out of my 6 experience 3 had issues, and their customer service was awful on getting things resolved.

For example, on my flight from Lagos to London, the passenger next to me and behind me got into a verbal altercation which could have quickly turned physical mid-flight which would have injured me. When I asked the flight attendant to come break it up, they told me it was nothing they could do to. Really You can’t ask them to stop arguing and settle down? If a fight breaks out, it’s going to be a bigger issue for everyone.

I find their gate agents and flight attendants not very friendly and depending on who I speak to, I’ve received conflicting/inaccurate information when my flight was delayed and another time when it got cancelled.

Ultimately, I have very low expectations when flying them and typically will avoid them when other carrier options are available.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Konquest: 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders,

Ok, lets talk best and worst airlines. Which airlines will you never fly again and which airlines are your absolute favorite? I’ll go first!

A few of my favorites are Emirates, Delta Airlines, Singapore airlines, Alaska airlines, Lufthansa airlines, JetBlue airlines and Southwest airlines. I like each of these airlines because they offer comfortable cabin space in economy class, newer planes, and a overall great flight experience.

My least favorites are British Airways, American Airlines, United airlines, Canada airlines. They are just okay for me, not the worst but certainly not the best.

Travel tip: Pay attention to how the airlines handle problems, cancellations, flight delays, etc. As a paying customer, you should be treated as such and not like a number. Customer service is king when you’re spending your hard earned money, and you have the right to not patronize businesses that don’t treat you well. I payed close attention throughout this pandemic with the airlines, looking at how flexible they were with cancellations, refunds and rescheduling and took lots of notes!

As for low-cost carriers: I do like China Air (business class), Ryanair, Transavia, TAP Portugal, Frontier and Norwegian air as a low-cost carriers. These airlines are no-frills but will get you to your destination.

Please note: When I travel with low-cost carriers I typically only have a carry-on bag (no check bags), it’s a short flight (under 2 hours), and I don’t care what seat I get assigned. Baggage and seat charges can add up quickly so always remember to read the fine print before booking your flights. You might find that it’s cheaper to simply book your flight on a larger/major carrier when you add up all the hidden fees.

The airlines that I absolutely will not fly is, Spirit Airlines, period! They have very poor customer service and as such, I opt not to fly them.

Share your experiences and insights as well. Let me know who’s on your lists.

Safe travels and be well!
Insightful perspectives!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by cococandy(f): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
United charged me $200 extra for luggage slightly (And I mean slightly) overweight. I was at the front of the luggage check line after having waited for so long. Boarding time literally minutes away. So I didn’t have the time to rearrange my stuff to see I could avoid the fee.

Never again. Fvck them.

BTW Emirates’ business class is like United’s first class. Shitty people.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by cococandy(f): 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

The airlines that I absolutely will not fly is, Spirit Airlines, period! They have very poor customer service and as such, I opt not to fly them.

Only fly Spirit if you’re trying to become a spirit yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by PDPGuy: 12:35am On Jun 03, 2021
cococandy:

Very apt grin

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by cococandy(f): 1:47am On Jun 03, 2021
PDPGuy:

Very apt grin
I’ve heard so much about them, I won’t risk it. Not even for their “$100” world tour round trip tickets grin

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:12am On Jun 03, 2021
Konquest:

Insightful perspectives!

Thank you friend, glad you found this helpful! Safe travels and be well~

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:14am On Jun 03, 2021
cococandy:
United charged me $200 extra for luggage slightly (And I mean slightly) overweight. I was at the front of the luggage check line after having waited for so long. Boarding time literally minutes away. So I didn’t have the time to rearrange my stuff to see I could avoid the fee.

Never again. Fvck them.

BTW Emirates’ business class is like United’s first class. Shitty people.

I feel your pain, and have been in your shoes friend. Thank you for sharing!

Below were my sentiments to all airlines during the onset of COVID. grin

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:14am On Jun 03, 2021
cococandy:

Facts friend, lol! grin
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:15am On Jun 03, 2021
cococandy:
I’ve heard so much about them, I won’t risk it. Not even for their “$100” world tour round trip tickets grin

Exactly, I don’t care if it’s free I won’t fly them!
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Thegamingorca(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2021
Max Air can make you miss your luggage and send it to another state on a totally different airline infact and you won't be compensated.
Also they inform you of a transit drop in another state midair when you can't really do anything but comply.
No transit pass, nothing, you are at the mercy of an understanding max air official in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
Thegamingorca:
Max Air can make you miss your luggage and send it to another state on a totally different airline infact and you won't be compensated.
Also they inform you of a transit drop in another state midair when you can't really do anything but comply.
No transit pass, nothing, you are at the mercy of an understanding max air official in Abuja.

Very good to know, thanks for sharing!
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by seunny4lif(m): 3:15am On Jul 06, 2021
Hmmm
Tap airline was a good flight from Dakar to Lisbon,
and that’s was my first time inside an aeroplane cheesy cheesy.

The aircraft was Airbus A230 or A220, I think I don forget aircraft number because it’s just a small aeroplane cool, and the worst part of all is nobody told me, that I needed gums to help against taking off and landing of aeroplane because I discovered my ears was not functioning for hours angry angry after getting off in Lisbon.

I was flying the rich men class (Economy class) and I become bored after just 1 hr because the plane has just centred Monitor and nothing was show except the flight route angry

Tap airline from Lisbon to San Paulo was super good as I have my own monitor and watch movies till I got to San Paulo.
The food was not bad as hungry wan finished me for that airport because foods are too expensive, Haba grin.
I no chop food ooh, I chop inside the plane but the food no reach me sad
I no gree sleep oooh grin

Copa airline from San Paulo to Panama was just a small plane like A20 or something like that.
I didn’t eat because my belle don full and I slept off like a baby.

Copa Airline from Panama to Nassau, short flight and I sleep off too.
I was so weak that I don’t even know when we got there.

Next flight is going to be Ryanair
From Dublin to Munich to Barca
Summer holiday hopefully

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2021
seunny4lif:
Hmmm
Tap airline was a good flight from Dakar to Lisbon,
and that’s was my first time inside an aeroplane cheesy cheesy.

The aircraft was Airbus A230 or A220, I think I don forget aircraft number because it’s just a small aeroplane cool, and the worst part of all is nobody told me, that I needed gums to help against taking off and landing of aeroplane because I discovered my ears was not functioning for hours angry angry after getting off in Lisbon.

I was flying the rich men class (Economy class) and I become bored after just 1 hr because the plane has just centred Monitor and nothing was show except the flight route angry

Tap airline from Lisbon to San Paulo was super good as I have my own monitor and watch movies till I got to San Paulo.
The food was not bad as hungry wan finished me for that airport because foods are too expensive, Haba grin.
I no chop food ooh, I chop inside the plane but the food no reach me sad
I no gree sleep oooh grin

Copa airline from San Paulo to Panama was just a small plane like A20 or something like that.
I didn’t eat because my belle don full and I slept off like a baby.

Copa Airline from Panama to Nassau, short flight and I sleep off too.
I was so weak that I don’t even know when we got there.

Next flight is going to be Ryanair
From Dublin to Munich to Barca
Summer holiday hopefully

Such great information!!!! Thank you friend for sharing and safe travels this summer! I flew Ryanair with no issues last year.
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Ritztravels: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=Mstravelindiva post=101529010]

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2021
I feel OP just want to (brag) let us know she fly frequently like someone going from Ikeja to oshodi. #just Teasing you tho wink

Anyway my worst experience is with Asky Airline, owned by a Togolese I guess, you can’t imagine everybody was fanning themselves NO A.C inside plane shocked. The food is also shit after ripping us off with the exorbitant price of ticket. And we had like 4 stops just like molué take off, land, take off again, land. Mehn I was just praying.

My best so far is Qatar Airline, first time i would be browsing on air as in FREE WIFI, the service was SuperB, nice meal, in-flight entertainment and a lot of freebies like take away. It’s a wonderful experience I will definitely fly with them again.

Second best is Turkish Airline, maybe when I fly other airlines I would have better experience smiley.

Royal Air Maroc service also is not too good, in fact they are still owing me a return ticket from Istanbul.

Nobody speaks good of Arik but I’ve flew with them countless time their service na manage, Air peace too, Air Nigeria, Gambia Bird and Belview (fold up) already.

Oh I remember African world Airline too that one is shaking small breeze fit fall am, very tiny plane, only one seat role chaii. My eyes don see.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by seunny4lif(m): 12:58am On Jul 07, 2021
Yet
Only don enter all airline finish
You worst pass the OP cheesy cheesy
Who send you to enter Togolese airline cheesy, thank Goodness, you came out alive grin
feelgoodstuffs:
I feel OP just want to (brag) let us know she fly frequently like someone going from Ikeja to oshodi. #just Teasing you tho wink

Anyway my worst experience is with Asky Airline, owned by a Togolese I guess, you can’t imagine everybody was fanning themselves NO A.C inside plane shocked. The food is also shit after ripping us off with the exorbitant price of ticket. And we had like 4 stops just like molué take off, land, take off again, land. Mehn I was just praying.

My best so far is Qatar Airline, first time i would be browsing on air as in FREE WIFI, the service was SuperB, nice meal, in-flight entertainment and a lot of freebies like take away. It’s a wonderful experience I will definitely fly with them again.

Second best is Turkish Airline, maybe when I fly other airlines I would have better experience smiley.

Royal Air Maroc service also is not too good, in fact they are still owing me a return ticket from Istanbul.

Nobody speaks good of Arik but I’ve flew with them countless time their service na manage, Air peace too, Air Nigeria, Gambia Bird and Belview (fold up) already.

Oh I remember African world Airline too that one is shaking small breeze fit fall am, very tiny plane, only one seat role chaii. My eyes don see.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by seunny4lif(m): 1:00am On Jul 07, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Such great information!!!! Thank you friend for sharing and safe travels this summer! I flew Ryanair with no issues last year.
My woman like EasyJet but it’s not flying to Dublin as Ryanair get that market

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 4:03am On Jul 07, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

Ohhh who’s doing the bragging now, lol! grin Thanks for sharing! wink

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 4:07am On Jul 07, 2021
Ritztravels:

For me I will say avoid Kenya airways as much as you... Having worked for Ethiopian airlines I made the mistake of booking a Kenya airways flight ticket instead of taking advantage of my employee discount with Ethiopian airlines, the result? A journey of 20 hours turned into a two day plus one.. on the bright side tho I enjoyed a day in Kenya in a very decent hotel and got to see some tourist sites... The experience on board isn't great at all, let's just say the ladies really need to be more customer friendly. Of all my flying experience fly emirates would actually be my top pick with the business class you can actually have any type of dish sent to you from the gourmet (I ordered the pad thai) with a good bottle of wine... Even bagged myself a flight attendant all in a day's flight ���

Thanks for sharing your experience with Kenya Airways, and I agree with your top one, Emirates is one the BEST!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2021
seunny4lif:
Yet
Only don enter all airline finish
You worst pass the OP cheesy cheesy
Who send you to enter Togolese airline cheesy, thank Goodness, you came out alive grin

Hehehe brother no mind me jare, life is too short oo, I wish I could wake up everyday in a different country grin

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Ohhh who’s doing the bragging now, lol! grin Thanks for sharing! wink

Lol I cannot compare myself with you nau my sister please let me be your travel buddy abi na partner wink

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by AlphaTaikun: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2022
travelwaka:
This is why you should take time to research about flight And different airlines Before booking.
First visit www.Travelstart.com.ng/discount

Search for your flight, compare prices
Choose the best offer

Check for the cheapest flight rates here
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 5:11am On Jul 03, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Thank for this tip, I’ll have to check them out!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assylum In Europe,please Help / Yellow Card Vaccination Location In Abuja Or Niger State / 1538 Nigerians Die In Road Accidents In Three Months - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.