Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,798 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe (44348 Views)

Desmond Elliot Bridge Vs Onem Tyna Miracle Bridge (Photos) / Onem Tyna Miracle, Councillor Links 2 Communities With Her Official Car Money / Gofundme Page Opened For Sunday Igboho By Yorubas Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by Whoube99(f): 2:12pm On May 10, 2021
saintbillion:
Councillor Who Built Bridge With Fund Meant To Buy Her Official Car Rejects Donations

Few days ago, the unusual act of service of a councillor named Hon. Onem Tyna Miracle to the people of her community in Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa state shocked Nigerians.

The honourable councillor was reported to have used money she was given to purchase her official car to complete the building project of a bridge linking two communities in Ogbia LGA. Even when the community chiefs tried to discourage her from embarking on the project because they thought it might be too big for her to handle, she insisted that she was going to embark on it even if it was the only thing she can do for her people as councillor. She adds that this is a sacrifice she had to make because she sees it as something more important than driving a car at the moment.

Her story, after it was reported attracted a lot of commendations from Nigerians on social media who praised the selfless attitude she displayed to alleviate the sufferings of her people.

Today, Hon. Onem Tyna Miracle has just revealed on her Twitter handle that she will be turning down donations from Nigerians for any purpose whatsoever. While she appreciates the gesture of those behind the donations, she said she wants to focus on making lasting impact with the little at her disposal and believes that the Governor of Bayelsa state, Senator Duoye Diri, will give her the support she needs to do more for her people.

This is obviously the kind of leadership qualities a lot of Nigerians will like see our elected leaders display more often. I pray Hon. Onem Tyna will continue to imbibe these leadership qualities as she moves up the ladder in her career as a politician.

https://twitter.com/OnemTyna/status/1391266852052025347?s=19

All na wash!
She's on top of her game
She probably has her eyes on something bigger and she just wish to pull this stunt now, and to use it as a template to launch herself to where her eyes really is.
Before you quote me like an idiot that you're, I'm not saying what she did is bad, in fact I commend her, if it's from her genuine heart.
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by BENEAMATA: 2:18pm On May 10, 2021
d future !s ONEM T¥NA . Be d change u clamour for .
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by WoundedLamb: 2:20pm On May 10, 2021
Kandeed:
Lol see campaign tactics....well over to the gullible Nigerians

It a very good way to campaign if that is what it is. Voting for someone whose handiwork you can see isn't gullibility. I don't know what else you want to influence your vote if not such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by BENEAMATA: 2:28pm On May 10, 2021
2elliot:
Guy, abeg no spoil my mood o. Desmond idiot don cast my fine name Elliot, wey I been dey use chyke bannies dem. Now I no fit introduce myself as Elliot give person again.
ehyaah ! sorry , fine boy looking stainless , just change name to TEMPLER , SIMON TEMPLER . cheesy
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by Awoleesu(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2021
Kudos! I'm in love with this rare gem!
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by Akharmony: 3:06pm On May 10, 2021
All those Community chiefs wey no get work, always feeling entitled. Nah God go punish una.
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by 2elliot: 3:29pm On May 10, 2021
BENEAMATA:
ehyaah ! sorry , fine boy looking stainless , just change name to TEMPLER , SIMON TEMPLER . cheesy
Lol. That dude should have just remained as the good actor that he was. Who send am to dabble into politics? Sha, I used his name to flex bannies dem that year for uniport. Once any girl ask my name and I answer "Desmond Elliot", it made them laugh and curious, and the convo from that point been dey always go well.

1 Like

Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by maxito28: 4:17pm On May 10, 2021
Na so dem dey start. If she become chairman or huz of assembly member, nobody go hear her matter again.
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by donbenie(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2021
Kandeed:
Lol see campaign tactics....well over to the gullible Nigerians
The ones wey no do anything nkọ?

Them no dey chop una money?

1 Like

Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by Richthekid: 6:13pm On May 10, 2021
Oh
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by RussellRutherfo: 6:40pm On May 10, 2021
saintbillion:
Councillor Who Built Bridge With Fund Meant To Buy Her Official Car Rejects Donations

Few days ago, the unusual act of service of a councillor named Hon. Onem Tyna Miracle to the people of her community in Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa state shocked Nigerians.

The honourable councillor was reported to have used money she was given to purchase her official car to complete the building project of a bridge linking two communities in Ogbia LGA. Even when the community chiefs tried to discourage her from embarking on the project because they thought it might be too big for her to handle, she insisted that she was going to embark on it even if it was the only thing she can do for her people as councillor. She adds that this is a sacrifice she had to make because she sees it as something more important than driving a car at the moment.

Her story, after it was reported attracted a lot of commendations from Nigerians on social media who praised the selfless attitude she displayed to alleviate the sufferings of her people.

Today, Hon. Onem Tyna Miracle has just revealed on her Twitter handle that she will be turning down donations from Nigerians for any purpose whatsoever. While she appreciates the gesture of those behind the donations, she said she wants to focus on making lasting impact with the little at her disposal and believes that the Governor of Bayelsa state, Senator Duoye Diri, will give her the support she needs to do more for her people.

This is obviously the kind of leadership qualities a lot of Nigerians will like see our elected leaders display more often. I pray Hon. Onem Tyna will continue to imbibe these leadership qualities as she moves up the ladder in her career as a politician.

https://twitter.com/OnemTyna/status/1391266852052025347?s=19

Buhari should step down and allow Nigerians lead us.
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by danietohbadt(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2021
aspabay:

Desmond is your headache, yet you do not even know your councilor, LG chair or any Rep

If I don't know my Councillor, LG Chair or any MHR, does it affect you?

At least, I know Desmond, and once you know Desmond, you've known all.

Desmond is a one in a million man.
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by aspabay(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2021
danietohbadt:

If I don't know my Councillor, LG Chair or any MHR, does it affect you?
At least, I know Desmond, and once you know Desmond, you've known all.
Desmond is a one in a million man.

Let Desmond live freely in your head.

He has done better than the average HA members in Nigeria
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by danietohbadt(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2021
aspabay:

Let Desmond live freely in your head.
He has done better than the average HA members in Nigeria
I see
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by sageb: 9:14am On May 11, 2021
[quote author=2elliot post=101554718] Lol. That dude should have just remained as the good actor that he was. Who send am to dabble into politics? Sha, I used his name to flex bannies dem that year for uniport. Once any girl ask my name and I answer "Desmond Elliot", it made them laugh and curious, and the convo from that point been dey always go well. [/quoted
did you stay in delta campus?
do you know havillah?
Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by Chevrolet076(m): 8:44am On May 18, 2021
omohayek:

No, she did the right thing here as well. Accepting the donations would be validating the very idea that government funds should be used for providing politicians with "official cars", instead of using them to provide the sorts of public benefits she's done. That's the key point a lot of people are missing: she's not just doing something good for the public, she's also implicitly criticizing the very idea of doling out limited public resources for such frivolous, selfish purposes.

All in all, this woman is to be highly commended. Nigeria would be a far better place if more of its politicians thought like her, but as the reaction to her actions already shows, the average Nigerian is far too corrupt for that to be the case - otherwise nobody would be thinking to send her money to "compensate" her for doing what ought to be the norm in the first place. To most Nigerians, the "Dino Melaye way" - which is to spend "constituency funds" on splashy cars you leave gathering dust in your garage - is the "natural" and acceptable way of doing things.

I didn't see it from the perspective of using scarce resources judiciously.... Since the money given to her for her official car is purely for her, it's better if she keeps it, but if it's an allocation meant for state development, that'll have been terrible if she decides to use it personally.
All in all, it'd be okay if the cost of governance is reduced as you have indirectly implied.

1 Like

Re: Onem Tyna Miracle Rejects Donations, GoFundMe by Chevrolet076(m): 8:50am On May 18, 2021
Originalsly:

Whatever money she needs she is confident she will get from the governor. A government agency has a budget and work out of that budget..... never should it be out begging or receiving outside funds... that's an invitation to corruption. She did the right thing. I pray for her safety since what she's doing will embarrass a whole lot of people in higher positions.
@ bolded.... This sentence of yours defeated her actions because the money used is her personal money from the government, and if she wants to build a bridge or something, she should just depend on the government to provide the resource. On the part of corruption, I may agree with you... But see what the poster above said, you can reason from his perspective too. cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Jos (ECWA Church, Along Rukuba Road) / Aisha Buhari Rides Train From Kaduna To Abuja (Pics) / Femi-Kayode Reacts To Buhari's Media Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.