Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review (21554 Views)

Shiites:Nigerian Soldiers Desecrate Graves Of Martyrs & Burn Their Bodies(photos / Don’t Desecrate Church With Propaganda, Bishop Tells APC, Buhari, Tinubu / Why Abacha Didn’t Kill CBN Gov, Sanusi In 1995…his Role In Akaluka’s Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by slimtoney(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
While intellectuals are discussing important issues and proffering solutions to acts perceived as threat to this nation of ours some people with low mentality and shallow reasoning are busy adding salt to injury. When two pple are discussing , u will know with the passing of time a problem solver and one who is good at nothing but to aggravate matters. If we let HORRIBLE creatures like HARDBODY, AK47MANN AND PURESTBODY a minute on the platform of decision making, they are going to cause havoc that generation yet unborn will suffer. Emotion that boils beyond control brings nothing but destruction, I see a great similarities in the xters of the boko haram and the three pple mentioned above.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
jonah 19:

Why the topic? Why Nigerians are sentimental, though I am quite sure the poster is not muslim, and he lost contact with history regarding what happened on that account, please for the sake of religion you worship stop bringing issues that will divide this forum on religious line.

shut the fork off. an important issue was raise here and you are there talking about sentiment. i am sure you are one of those barbaric muslims who encourages hatred towards xtians and will never want to hear the truth
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ridgeman: 11:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Poster, apparently this has been on your mind for years, it is good that you are speaking up now, I pray you will also have the courage to speak up when the next religious riot kicks off in the North and stand up to stop the violence,

the religious slaughters that take place in the north is not right and will only stop when informed folks like you are not afraid

the slaughtering needs to stop, now
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by proffmanue(m): 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
The Imams need to be educated about globalization in the modern world.
If the message of summary killing is not addressed in the north, then the Northern's are on the path of self destruction.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by proffmanue(m): 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2011
[table]Why the topic? Why Nigerians are sentimental, though I am quite sure the poster is not muslim, and he lost contact with history regarding what happened on that account, please for the sake of religion you worship stop bringing issues that will divide this forum on religious line.[/table]

even a dog hv a good sense of judgement than u.

please for the sake of religion you worship stop bringing issues that will divide this forum on religious
Nigeria is already divided by Religion, language and culture.

let us hit the nail on the head so that we know which way forward.
there is no feature for this country if the Northern's do not address the way they practice their fate.
am not against any religion so long they don't interfere on my own freedom of religion.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by RoadStar: 12:04am On Jun 22, 2011
Doesn't surprise me that the victim is an Igbo man.
Since independence all igbos have done is sell every part of their humanity for paltry wealth.

WHAT ARE THEY STILL DOING IN THE NORTH ?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 1:28am On Jun 22, 2011
@muhsin
thanks for your comments.
however i will like to know where i erred.
am grateful to all commentators on this post. really its being an issue on my mind and so many other topics
as i said our orientation is dangerously flawed in the north. we are brought up with a very screwed image of what islam is. we hate our compatriots in the south like hell on whose resources our well being and livelihood rest. and at the same time our skewered world view will not let us see reason or judge issues with open-minded fairness.
i have to confess one thing. what made me to start having second thoughts about our stained-glass world view began years back after the Gideon issue.

in the year 1998 it was discovered in an uncompleted building kalled kango in hausa (and normally pple use such a place as a toilet) a whole bunch of quran scattered about over feces and all manners of impurities. it was a very scandalous issue that really outraged a lot of pple in kano. though no one was caught in the act but there was no need for that because we knew it was the work of yan tsibbu i.e. marabouts that pple consult for fortune-telling and other rituals good or bad and this was probably a ritual to destroy someone.( that is to scatter his life as the quran was scattered over the excreta in the uncompleted building).

it was all over the radio and the newspapers. i was apprehensive that a big riot will break out and all marabouts( and they are well known) will be attacked and killed. but there was none. in two days or three the whole story died out. i wondered where were all the attackers of Gideon Akaluka where were all the pple that demonstrated without even seeing anything. where were they. because for this the evidence was obvious to all and the perpetrators easy to locate.

i later left the country to study abroad but that little seed of doubt had been planted in my mind and from then things were no longer the same.
my conclusion was that we are not a rational pple and easily carried away with sentiment especially if the persons involved was the other.
i looked back to all the issues that had happened in the past and the conclusion that i reached was totally mind-boggling.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Obiagu1(m): 1:44am On Jun 22, 2011
^^^

Mehn, you're really from another world. If people reason like you from both North and South, I think there'll be absolute harmony in this country.

Unfortunately, your kind could fall victim to extremists if you try to question openly irrational riots that have occurred in the North.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by grammy: 1:51am On Jun 22, 2011
nice post,

i still believe we can have more people that knows the truth and can say it
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 22, 2011
@jamalah,  rara avis
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 6:33am On Jun 22, 2011
@Jamalah, amma duk yanda akayi, ina ganin uwarka ta tsine ma ko? Allahumma yahdii ka
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by AlabaSlim: 6:53am On Jun 22, 2011
@jamalah
i luv ur boldness BUT are u ready 2 die facing those ur people
pple like u in d north are not up to 0.3% of ur population
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Chongaiman: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2011
bashdecash:

@Jamalah, amma duk yanda akayi, ina ganin uwarka ta tsine ma ko? Allahumma yahdii ka

Yayi karya ne? Sai ka fada mana gaskiyan mu ji. Ai ka san gaskiya na da daci.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by vwvw(m): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2011
@Jamalah, amma duk yanda
akayi, ina ganin uwarka ta
tsine ma ko? Allahumma
yahdii ka
Yayi karya ne? Sai ka fada
mana gaskiyan mu ji. Ai ka san gaskiya na da daci.
what are they sayin please interpret
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2011
Even if we go our seperate ways, our northern 'brodas' will find a way to war against their christian southern 'infidels'. It will then be a case of israel-palestinian conflict, becos we'll continously war to claim places like kwara, kogi,&benue boundaries. But i have succour that d west-america, france,&uk(of course, oil is at stake) will be sympathetic to our course and fight against our fanatics up north. This is the shape of things to come when we seperate.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 7:48am On Jun 22, 2011
@bashdecash
uwata bata tsine min ba. matsalar mu ke nan yan arewa. me zai hana ka fito ka ba da hujjoji kwarara domin ka kalubalanci abin da na rubuta, ka kama zagi.
ni dai ba zan zage ka ba ko na ci mutuncin iyayenka domin na san darajar nawa iyayen kuma na san mutucin kaina. kuma manzon tsira ya ce duk wanda aka zaga ya ki mayarwa to zagin ya koma kan wanda ya fara yi.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2011
what bashdecash was saying practically was that for me to take such a line, my mother must have cursed and disowned me.
while chongaiman replied him back to give his own version of the bitter truth.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by naanmin(f): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2011
@ d person asking wat dy are saying in Hausa. D Bash guy's insulting OP n chongaiboy's asking him if wat OP said is false
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 22, 2011
UNEVENLY YOKED!

TIME WE GET TOGETHER AND DECIDE IF WE TRULY WANT TO STAY TOGETHER AS A NATION OR GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS PEACEFULLY.

BUT I GUESS OUR SELFISH POLITICIANS WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN UNTIL WE BOMB OURSELVES TO KINGDOM COME.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Dawdy(m): 8:07am On Jun 22, 2011
I also agree that the problems facing the nothern muslims is lack of knowledge.
There is a big difference btw believing Allah & knowing Allah, Allah prefers knowledge to faith.

Allah. Said " are those who know equal with those who do not know? But only men of understanding will pay head"[Al quran 39:9]
he said " indeed those who fear Allah among his servernts are the knowledgeble" [Al quran 35:28]
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by skealoo: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt]una see wetin awolowo cause? anyways my advice to the poster is this, if u are truly a muslim then my advice to you is to be very careful of what you say. we all know that northern muslims have their issues just like we southern muslims also have ours. just be careful of wot u say brother. salam[/size][/size]
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by N101: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2011
@jamalah, as someone with an interest in Islam, thank you for bringing this topic. It is an interesting observation which I realise is an eye opener, not only for other Muslims, but for Christians as well.

Interesting enough, nothing you have said about the almajiris and Imams in the North surprises me, as I'm aware a similar kind of thinking and behaviour exists in other parts of the Islamic world.

The more people can confront these inaccuracies and seek the truth behind these situations, it can only be of benefit to Nigeria and Nigerians (Christian, Muslim, Traditional and those of no belief) as a whole. I'd like to think it will stop the bloodshed but that calls for a radical change in the mindset of people, which will not be easy.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by VALIDATOR: 9:00am On Jun 22, 2011
If the OP takes this beyond NL into the real world where the sh!!t actually happens, it will just be a matter of days before he is tracked down and lynched and he will be just another unsolved murder.

However, it is soothing to realize that at least one Norther Muslim (i really hope he is) can call a spade a spade and not systematically calling it an agricultural tool.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Lagosboy: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2011
thehomer:

And who has the responsibility of keeping these leaders in check? This is why I advocate the carrot and the stick. Besides, as we have seen the world over, education is not necessarily a panacea for such problems. Just ask the Sept. 11th hijackers. Indeed in some cases, it could help them plan more effective attacks. So we need to do more than just educating these people.

Surely the people have the responsibility to keep the leaders in check. However it is only a liberated mind that can use his intellect to understand the precarious situation of his people and fight for justice. The almajiris have been intellectually enslaved to the belief that if one rich man is amongst the community he is the lord of them and are happy eating from the crumbs of his table.

As regards carrot and stick, you could be partially correct but the mistake countries over the world have made in tackling terrorism is painting all situation with the same brush. Terrorism in different countries have different causes and root problems, the most apparent cause of radical islam is not the always the root problem in all cases as there are always deep underlying social problems.

Boko haram from the name implies "western education" is forbidden. This was the genesis of their movement , this is the foundation of their movement and many undergrad students withdrew from school to follow this msiguided doctrine. Naturally such a doctrine will be a honey comb for the estimated 10 million almajiris roaming the streets of the north who are uneducated and will find a conevenient excuse and solace for their misfortune.

The riots in the north after the election started well in Kano as it was the northern elite who were the target of the peoples anger but the same elite used the ignorant almajiris to turn it into a religious crises in Kaduna and other places.

By and large , up to 1000 schools have to be created in the northern territories to educate these almajiris ranging from ages 5 to 18. No one is too old to learn and these people have to learn. We have problems in the South West as well as regards agbero issues but these people make money and a career out of their nonsense but the almajiris in the north dont see money, they dont see food , they have no future and will be a terrible burden on the state if they are not taken care of.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Sike(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

^^^

Mehn, you're really from another world. If people reason like you from both North and South, I think there'll be absolute harmony in this country.

Unfortunately, your kind could fall victim to extremists if you try to question openly irrational riots that have occurred in the North.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2011
@ bashdecash
Na you your mama go disown , I sure say na inside gutter or latrine dem born you and na dere dem go burn you Dan iska ( hope I got that right ).
@ poster
This is one educating piece you have put up and quite a lot of us ( southeners ) are oblivious of what truly happens up north. Keep up the good work.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by houvest: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2011
Cry my beloved Country. The bloodshed of many Innocents is one of the problems and curses affecting Nigeria and pulling it back from glory despite so much effort. A lot of penitence, restitution, reconciliation, cleansing, re-education and re-orientation among other things need be done to set Nigeria free to attain her potentials. OBJ started something like that but it fizzled out. So help us God.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2011
the solution is hardly modern or western education. pple still view it with a great deal of mistrust. it is deeply ingrained in the northern Hausa Fulani psyche and it will take a herculean task to dissipate. to be frank, it will not be far-fetched to say that the north is still frozen in the mentality that existed in the 1800's when the colonial masters first set foot in Hausa land. so reversing over 200 years of educational psychological cultural and religious stagnation is not a day's job. i could remember when i was a little kid we will come out early in the coming singing abusive songs at the children going to modern schools which we called makarantar boko. boko in hausa means something that is fake or spurious. therefore when i was enrolled in the jarkasa primary school in old kano city it was the saddest day of my life to have to go to an institution which i have dutifully partook in vilifying.  one will partly blame the colonizers for this. because when they left the emirs in authority as opposed to the norm in the south, they simply kept the pple in a fossilized mental state which is the only way they can continue to remain relevant. wonder why in many northern state the emir is still more powerful than an 'elected governor'.
in most muslim countries at the dawn of the colonial masters the monarchy were toppled one after the other. egypt turkey iraq libya tunisia etc followed the 'progressive' road and rendered the parasitic royals into the dusbin of history. though their progressive experiments are still to take them to the promised land, at least they have started somewhere. in the north of nigeria the surface has not even being scratched. there have never being any documented cultural dissident in the north that has ever challenged the backward ways and ideas of our pple. it still amazing that even wearing a suit is still viewed with contempt in many quarters in contrast with say egypt or syria or turkey where even highly regarded clerics wear the best of saville row. as a boys scout back when i was young, we would untuck our shirts and remove the belts in our beleif then that' zanzaro', (tucked in shirt) was a sin that will prevent our prayers being acepted by god. funnily enough i saw a policeman about a year ago when i attended the friday prayers in hausawa quarters still do the same before joining the prayers. when i was attending the egyptian cultural center near fagge for arabic studies in the nineties we marvel at egyptian scholars who teach us but dont conform to what we believe was the normal islamic comportment. they dress like southern nigerians who we were brought up to hate and never imitate. some even scandalously smoke cigarette.
 i could remember in the early nineties when a lady called Kande Balaraba ( of blessed memory) in kano challenged the marriage instituition that it was not a must for a woman to get married countless clerics came out in full force to attack and force her to renounce her claims.
even most recently when a presenter in the freedom radio in kano tried to criticise the almajiri tradition and institution prominent clerics like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi came out to denounce him and justify the practice. some even organizing special prayers to invike  curses to 'destroy' him and his attempts. sadly enough, this cleric is a confidant of the vice president who
m one would regard as the highest ranking northerner at present.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2011
@aocalypse
just forget about him. that is the norm in the north to harass and intimidate pple that have opposing views. or still if you persist to get you killed. that was what happened to dr bala usman in kano in the eghties during a riot that erupted over the attempt by the then kano governor rimi to dethrone the emir. he was attacked n the kano secretariat and burned to death in the building.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by benzion72(m): 10:56am On Jun 22, 2011
If Allah is all powerful why fight for him, why kill for him, why suicide bomb for him. Why not allow him kill whoever blaspheme is Prophet. Religion indeed is politics. Alimajiri in the North are keg of gun powder that has started going up a willing tool in the hand of foolish and ignorant boko haram. The bomb they are using is a product of western education, the car, phone and all sort are product of western education.

I do imagine if all armament that is in the west is in the hand of Arabic world they would have killed everybody.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by fuke(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2011
Jamalah,

Thanks for this. How I wish all leaders in the North think like this.

May your tribe continue to flourish. When people like you occupy

positions of authority in the north, Nigeria will become a better place.

By the way let practicing journalists here  get this into one of the

national dailies on Sunday  for wider coverage as access to internet is still very low.

The language is lucid.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ikooko(m): 11:53am On Jun 22, 2011
@ Jamalah. Well-done brother, I appreciate your boldness on the issue. May the Lord grant you the courage and resources to take this crusade beyond Nairaland.

I want you to understand that there are many people who share similar belief, ideology and understanding on this issue like you in the north, but you must find a way to identify them, formulate strategies together and move to next level of enlightenment campaign and education.

But you must be prepared for the hostility and challenges that may follow. The lord will be with you and your family.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: SSS Invites Kassim Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / Osun Rerun: 16 Suspected Fake Election Observers Arrested By The Police / Tolu Ogunlesi And Shehu Sani Slam Each Other On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.