Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review (21545 Views)

Shiites:Nigerian Soldiers Desecrate Graves Of Martyrs & Burn Their Bodies(photos / Don’t Desecrate Church With Propaganda, Bishop Tells APC, Buhari, Tinubu / Why Abacha Didn’t Kill CBN Gov, Sanusi In 1995…his Role In Akaluka’s Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2011
1. i ddnt curse Jamalah, i only asked him a question and prayed for his soul, he answered d question though
2. what he said that pple are praising him are just his own personal assertions which are just mere assumptions.
3. i'm not saying the slaying of the Gideon is justified, bt i hv the blv that all jungle justice and mob executions are subject to the assessment Jamalah did and most of them are just unjust.
4. Jamalah may have his REASONS for launching a new profile and create confusion in Nairaland to justify his personal whatever.

finally, i always hate the unjustified killings in the North, south, east etc. the barbaric killings in Jos, kaduna, bauchi, ibadan (which claimed my cousin Auwal Shanono, the National president medical students) etc.
But lets be intellectual enough to look at what Jamalah wrote and scrutinise it to see that he is not in the legal position to justify or unjustify any killing in those places i mentioned since he is not an authority or private detective.
i know many pple here are happy for what Jamalah gave them because they only see the truth from one side and Jamalah, innal munafiqiina fid darkil asfala minan nar!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
@bashdecash

i dont know what you are afraid of that you cant tell a simple truth. what is the meaning of uwarka ta tsine maka?
if i say that to you will you be happy? in English it means you are accursed of your mother. if that is a compliment i return it back to you.

and what about all this ranting and incoherent and contradictory gibberish that you vomited out?

i am not a traitor to my pple or religion as you said in Arabic. we should be able to have the confidence to critic our selves and proffer solutions not hide under expletives to denounce those with contrarian opinions.
when the a riot occured in kaduna years back when he was the military administrator, col dangiwa umar went their for inspection the first thing that came out of his mouth was that "i am ashamed to profess the same religion as the pple that did this".
thiese are bold pple.
dont forget the quranic verse that said
'wa la yanakum kan'ana qawmin ala alla tadilu, i'dilu huwa aqrabu littaqwa
the meaning is 'do not let the hatred of a pple prevent you from being just towards them. be just it is the closest to piety

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
@bashdecash
and pls remember this forum is conducted in English so pls dont resort to Hausa or Arabic so long as its not for reference purposes and even then make sure you make honest translations.

ka rike dan guntun larabcinka
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Lagosboy: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
bashdecash:

1. i ddnt curse Jamalah, i only asked him a question and prayed for his soul, he answered d question though
2. what he said that pple are praising him are just his own personal assertions which are just mere assumptions.
3. i'm not saying the slaying of the Gideon is justified, bt i hv the blv that all jungle justice and mob executions are subject to the assessment Jamalah did and most of them are just unjust.
4. Jamalah may have his REASONS for launching a new profile and create confusion in Nairaland to justify his personal whatever.

finally, i always hate the unjustified killings in the North, south, east etc. the barbaric killings in Jos, kaduna, bauchi, ibadan (which claimed my cousin Auwal Shanono, the National president medical students) etc.
But lets be intellectual enough to look at what Jamalah wrote and scrutinise it to see that he is not in the legal position to justify or unjustify any killing in those places i mentioned since he is not an authority or private detective.
i know many pple here are happy for what Jamalah gave them because they only see the truth from one side and Jamalah, innal munafiqiina fid darkil asfala minan nar!

Bro, you might disagree with Jamlah and it seems you have a contrary opinion to him on this issue. You would do many people a favor by stating your disagreement and we can discuss further this issue. It is not good to castigate someone as a hypocrite without elaborating you objections. You have implicitly called him a hypocrite on your post.

I am muslim , i am a student of knowledge , i am a southerner, i am a lagosian but i disagree with many social norms that take place in northern Nigeria and southern Nigeria as well. The prophet PBUH talked about the importance of education and the pioneers of modern science many of them were muslim intellectuals of the 10 to 16th century.

The parochial understanding of islam of some teachers in northern Nigeria has done nothing but enslave the mind of the muslim youth in the north. Voilence happens everywhere in Nigeria and jungle justice is rampant in southern Nigeria as well. However when we do something in the name of islam which is wrong other muslims have to speak out because jungle justice is non existent in islam, our faith does not permit us to act on impulse or hearsay without evidence.

Lamido Sanusi has for years spoken out about the wrong practices and mindset of the some northern teachers and it is hight time we take heed to move foward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
why cant you reason for a second and ask yourself why must all our protests in the north end up in the killing of innocents. we need to go deep into our soul and question our actions. why dont we take human life as sacred. the quran said that killing a single innocent soul is like killing the whole of humanity and saving a life is like saving the whole of humanity.
we are giulty of all theses atrocities no matter how you look at it.
ive seen young men in kano threaten their well known non-hausa neighbours that they will attack them whem a riot or 'fadan arna'( the war to kill the infidels) starts. and by arna we dont mean infidels only or non muslims. its a blanket term that encompasses anything or any body that is not hausa-fulani
i know you are not such a person bashdecash but we cant run away from the fact that it happens in our backyard year after year.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2011
i didnt say what u said in your narrative essay is either true or false, what am saying is who gave u d authority for the declaration of justice or injustice?

we all agreed what was passed on the gideon man is wrong even if he was actually guilty, its only the authority that can pass judgement on him as such.

And you Jamalah is just here to create confusion and put more fuel to the already burning hatred for the north especially the muslims. how then do u want me classify you? a MU'MIN or MUHSIN?

may be ur stay in egypt as u said gave u some kind of believe that u can be a muslim and also be a traitor, smoking cigarette like ur so called teachers etc, may be u are gaining popularity in Nairaland with HIDING YOUR IDENTITY AND CREATING A NEW PROFILE.

now go ahead and analyse the killing by burning with tyre of an alleged thief by mobs in Lagos.  am waitng,

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
thank you bashdecash
the killing of an armed robber in Lagos has nothing to do with his tribe or religion.
the trouble with we northerners is that we are quick to point to vices like smoking cigarette prostitution armed robbery what have you in the south as equivalent to the egregious violations in the north.
only a blind and totally obfuscated mind will ever ever make such comparison.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Lagosboy: 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
jamalah:

the solution is hardly modern or western education. pple still view it with a great deal of mistrust. it is deeply ingrained in the northern Hausa Fulani psyche and it will take a herculean task to dissipate. to be frank, it will not be far-fetched to say that the north is still frozen in the mentality that existed in the 1800's when the colonial masters first set foot in Hausa land. so reversing over 200 years of educational psychological cultural and religious stagnation is not a day's job. i could remember when i was a little kid we will come out early in the coming singing abusive songs at the children going to modern schools which we called makarantar boko. boko in hausa means something that is fake or spurious. therefore when i was enrolled in the jarkasa primary school in old kano city it was the saddest day of my life to have to go to an institution which i have dutifully partook in vilifying.  one will partly blame the colonizers for this. because when they left the emirs in authority as opposed to the norm in the south, they simply kept the pple in a fossilized mental state which is the only way they can continue to remain relevant. wonder why in many northern state the emir is still more powerful than an 'elected governor'.
in most muslim countries at the dawn of the colonial masters the monarchy were toppled one after the other. egypt turkey iraq libya tunisia etc followed the 'progressive' road and rendered the parasitic royals into the dusbin of history. though their progressive experiments are still to take them to the promised land, at least they have started somewhere. in the north of nigeria the surface has not even being scratched. there have never being any documented cultural dissident in the north that has ever challenged the backward ways and ideas of our pple. it still amazing that even wearing a suit is still viewed with contempt in many quarters in contrast with say egypt or syria or turkey where even highly regarded clerics wear the best of saville row. as a boys scout back when i was young, we would untuck our shirts and remove the belts in our beleif then that' zanzaro', (tucked in shirt) was a sin that will prevent our prayers being acepted by god. funnily enough i saw a policeman about a year ago when i attended the friday prayers in hausawa quarters still do the same before joining the prayers. when i was attending the egyptian cultural center near fagge for arabic studies in the nineties we marvel at egyptian scholars who teach us but dont conform to what we believe was the normal islamic comportment. they dress like southern nigerians who we were brought up to hate and never imitate. some even scandalously smoke cigarette.
 i could remember in the early nineties when a lady called Kande Balaraba ( of blessed memory) in kano challenged the marriage instituition that it was not a must for a woman to get married countless clerics came out in full force to attack and force her to renounce her claims.
even most recently when a presenter in the freedom radio in kano tried to criticise the almajiri tradition and institution prominent clerics like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi came out to denounce him and justify the practice. some even organizing special prayers to invike  curses to 'destroy' him and his attempts. sadly enough, this cleric is a confidant of the vice president who
m one would regard as the highest ranking northerner at present.

I beg to diasgree with the bolded. The long term solution is education , in intellectual terms there is nothing like "western education" because before the spanish invasion into africa in 1700 , there was a thriving univeristy of an advanced science level in Timbuktu , Mali of which the light of its education spread as far as northern Nigeria. It is an intellectual crime and a crime against God to call mathematics, biology , social studies, geography as western education and so wrong for muslims to study them.

It is only education that will let these youths know that mathematical break throughs were by the early muslim mathematicans in Spain and beyond. It is only education that will teach these youths that navigation techniques were advanced by the muslim scientist before europeans learnt and further developed it.

The wrong beliefs, norms and culture can only be uprooted by breaking its foundation intellectually of which only educated and enlightened minds can achieve that. islamic scholars should understand that knowledge does not end with the hadiths because the hadiths asked us clearly to grab knowledge wherever we can find it. The quran gave us foundations in the knowledge of science and challenged us to search further. The miracle of the quran lies in its intellectual miracle which stimulates and challenges the intellect of man which leaves me to wonder why this deep rooted traditions have survived 200 years. My only conclusion is the northern elites have deliberately enslaved the mind of the populace in order to control them.

This sort of problem exists in Pakistan as well of which the resluting effect is 35% of the population being stark illiterate. They practice feudelism and it is part of the problem in that country till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Jamalah, we are talking about jungle justice like d one passed on Gideon in Kano. I want you to pick another jungle justice passed on SUSPECT of may be claiming a change afetr buying a recharge card frm the seller and she raised alarm dt he want to defraud her not an armed robber in which case even the police are affected by our societal norm or killing summarily.

the killing of Gideon was not yesterday, not last year, but you Jamalah went ahead and bring it up with only God knows how u did your findings just to i repeat, cause confusion with nothing to gain. is not as if you are a detective on the case and you want to re-open it, no just like that. Haba malam, al fitnatu na'imun, la'anal Lahu man anqazaha,

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
these moderators, na wao abi na nairalant translator sef, lol

Al fitnatu na'imun, la'a.n.a.l Lahu man aiqazaha
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
@lagosboy
thanks for your observation but if you look well you will notice that i said western or modern education.
a couple of years back i took a tour of many many west african and east african states with my friends. the startling conclusion we reached was that islam was entrenched in most of these countries more than we ever imagined.
islam as practiced in those countries is different to what obtains in northern nigeria. theirs was a tolerant and receptive version that did not prevent them from seeing things in clearer and more lucid terms. and to a lkarge extent their indigenous culture still remeaned by and large.
i believe our backwardness and resistance in northern nigeria has a lot to do with how we perceive our selves.
for instance in hausa the word bahaushe or a hausa man is interchangeable with the word muslim.
we believe hausa and islam are just one thing thus inadvertently we think we are divine no matter what we do and better than others that are not hausa.
we dont believe that we are a 'tribe' but just a race of pple. for instance the hausa term for tibe is 'kabila' but we never ever use such a term for ourselves but others.
same with our language. the term for language in hausa is 'yare' but we can never say yaren hausa or hausa language.
hausa is just hausa. language is a derogatory term reserved for others. at most we may use the term harshe meaning toungue
no wonder during the pogrom of the ibos in the north my dad said that one way of defining an ibo person with not so obvious features is to ask him to pronounce 'gero' the hausa word for millet. most will say 'joro' 'jero' or 'choro' depending on the persons level of proficiency. a failure means automatic death. therefore we attribute mastering of the hausa language with piety and godliness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
@bashdecash
your childish posts and elementary Arabic which you learnt listening to radio kano is just too amusing.
okay we shall analyse another thief's killing in lagos or enugu as you want but this thread is for GIDEON AKALUKA.
So stop making a fool of yourself and reserve your comments till we start another thread.
and as i said pls whatever you post in any other language other than english pls translate.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
sorry Jamal, i ddnt tell you anything about where i live and am telling you now that i dont live in kano and dont listen to Radio kano.

as for where i leant my ELEMENTARY arabic as u said, i wont tell u that, but u surely know dta it is not elementary.

as for translating to english, i dont think you need it cos u once live in egypt and arabic language shouldnt be your problem.

stop spreading FITNAH my brother, gain your popularity in other aspects pls, thank you,
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
@bashdecash
civility demands that you translate whatever you post in Arabic not for my sake but for the sake of others who do not understand the language.
And if you rae posting just for me alone i dont want it. i dont know you; i dont want to know you; i dont even likeshallow pple like you.
this is a public forum if you cant abide by the civility exhibited by everybody here i think you have no business here.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Guyman02: 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Jamala thanks for your incisive post. I grew up basically in the north as an 'Iyanmiri' and while we struggle to be recognised as part of the community, our hosts still look at us as unclean. Even some of us that accepted Islam were still being looked at with the mantra of 'allow him to waste his time because Allah (SWA) doesnt see a Southerner as a true muslim'
I could still funnily recite the slogan being sung at us on our way to school in our uniforms 'Yan makaranta boko ko, ba karatu, ba sallah! and still recall that children of the Emirs were attending western schools in other communities and reside in the homes of the mai angwa or another Emir and only return home during holidays as a means of hiding them from the subjects who are encouraged to send their kids to Almajiri programme to get reward from God.
Before we got to primary six, we attended the 'taura aure' (marriage ceremonies) of our few female classmates in company of some of our teachers which we enjoyed because of the biscuits and rice that we share and that will mark the end of that little girls education.
In other to be accepted as a southern kid who loves the Hausa and Fulani people and want to be accommodated I could remember partaking in the local boxing context (danbe) where we were once thouroghly bruised and only to get home to get further beating at home from my guardian for daring to join an 'ndi awusa' event.
But the worst of all is the regular threat from the average youth to deal with you over a minor quarrel if a riot against infidels breaks out and the constant fear that the Akaluka treatment can befall you as a southerner just at the mere shout of 'Allahu Akbar, wan nan arni ya zage Anebi Muhamadu' (this infidel has abused the prophet PBH) and you could see immediate mob action.
The way out of this situation is for the Emirs and clerics to encourage the people to send their wards to school, just like the did with the polio vaccine which was initially rejected by the people, even establishing hundreds of schools without the active support of the traditional rulers may not work effectively.
Just like rightly mentioned, if clerics like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi who is a close confidant of the VP makes a statement that the new schools will lead their children into abandoning the tenets of Islam, thats the end, but if he says he will be visiting the schools periodically to deliver Islamic lectures you will see a rush.
The initial mistake of the British is not in Amalgamating the South and North of Nigeria into one entity but ruling the people through the Emirs who love authority at their behest and keeping the people stagnated in other to have loyal servants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bilms(m): 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
hello @poster,

i really appreciate ur review.

plz kindly message me. i need your consent plz

discus4now@yahoo.com
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by PurestBoy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2011
jamalah:

@bashdecash
civility demands that you translate whatever you post in Arabic not for my sake but for the sake of others who do not understand the language.
And if you rae posting just for me alone i dont want it. i dont know you; i dont want to know you; i dont even likeshallow pple like you.
this is a public forum if you cant abide by the civility exhibited by everybody here i think you have no business here.

[size=14pt]I ADVICE YOU TO PROTECT YOUR IP FROM BEING VISIBLE TO BLOODTHIRSTY PEOPLE LIKE BASHDECASH BEFORE THEY TRACE YOUR IP TO YOUR HOME AND USE YOU FOR SUYA. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY YOU'RE SAYING THE TRUTH.[/size]
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
i laugh in fulfulde, dont be offended because i pointed to you that u are re-awakening Fitnah (trouble).

And i dont want to know you either cos i dont deal with faceless people, check my profile and compare it with ur own and u can easily identify d difference.

one thing i know is that some pple are paid frm other countries to come and instigate internet populace to create uprising just like how internet is used in egypt which coincidentally u where there.

must the prophesy of US that 9ja will disintegrate by 2015 come true.

dey have managed to destroy MOST oil rich countries and now there is boko haram in 9ja, is it to justify their having military base in 9ja?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by PurestBoy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
bashdecash:

i laugh in fulfulde, dont be offended because i pointed to you that u are re-awakening Fitnah (trouble).

And i dont want to know you either cos i dont deal with faceless people, check my profile and compare it with your own and u can easily identify d difference.

one thing i know is that some pple are paid frm other countries to come and instigate internet populace to create uprising just like how internet is used in egypt which coincidentally u where there.

dey have managed to destroy MOST oil rich countries and now there is boko haram in 9ja, is it to justify their having military base in 9ja?

What a waste of sp.erm
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by omenala(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ cowboy texaspete, you can discuss this issue till the end of time and Poo wont change.
@ Nairalanders, enough talk, this is the time for action, i wish i could printout jamalah's post, translate it to hausa, arabic or any Godforsaken language they understand, then take it back with me to plateau state/the whole northern region and force it down the throats of all northern muslims. The op should try to have it published in the dailies!
Education will not completely solve the problem in the north. Justice is the solution to all the problems we're facing in the north and other parts of the country. If northerners are properly dealt with by the law, each time they go berserk, this problem would have long ceased, but the same people who perpetrate this evil will be the ones calling for one nigeria and yet defending the criminality in the name of religion.
Enough talk on nairaland, we dont want no peace, we dont want to forgive and forget. What we want is justice, for akaluka and other innocent souls that have been wasted in that region of the country or we split, period!

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by akpanbaba: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
What is the use of this write -up since Gideon is no more?.I know one day another another "good "muslim will write  about the killing of Rev Orji in Maiduguri and the CORPERS in Bauchi ,as well as the recent senseless killings by BOKO Haram.I wonder what quantity of blood will be sufficient for this blood -sucking religion.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by begwong: 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
manzon tsira ya ce duk wanda aka zaga ya ki mayarwa to zagin ya koma kan wanda ya fara yi.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by begwong: 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
@jamalah,this is a good piece and very incisive! The committee set up to look into the remote cause of the crises in kaduna, kafanchan in particular were asked one simple question: "who started the crises"? The Emir of jama'a in kafanchan spoke out the truth that his "people" came and met him a few minutes to 8pm about a plan to attack non-Muslims,places of worship of the natives of Kafanchan, the emir resisted and didn't buy into there evil idea.After his refusal his "people" left his palace and converge at a different location and take a decision to "attack". At about 9pm(very odd hour)they started shouting "allahu-akbar" from their various mosques, the rest they say is history!
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Chongaiman: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2011
bashdecash:

And i dont want to know you either cos i dont deal with faceless people, check my profile and compare it with your own and u can easily identify d difference.

Are you insinuating that the US may be the hand pulling the strings of Nigeria's disintegration? Some rascals in the north are unfortunately turning out to be the willing puppets and by their actions would most likely to lead to the fulfillment of the US prophecy.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
@purestboy, Nairaland is my favourite website, as u can see, i've registered since 2007 but my number is not that much. i only visit to read all the personal contributions and insults when it comes to northerners and islam but i chose to stop responding to the posts.

i only responded to this one cos of WHO wrote it and am very sure he too will regret his actions as d thread goes on.

@JAMALAH, THE THREAD HAS STARTED TAKING THE DIMENSION I WAS WARNING U ABOUT, CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by omoalaro: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
Rhea (f) « #12 on: Yesterday at 04:59:08 PM »

Ever wondered why there is a a copy of the bible and the koran inside the bedside drawer of some hotels in the country; the same bed on which LovePeddlers, homosexuals, bisexuals, saints, sinners, transsexuals and heterosexuals jerk off as they please?

I have never seen a copy of the Holy Quran in any hotel room but have always wondered why Christians allow the Holy bible in places like that. I think the Holy Bible should be better treated and honored.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Chongaiman: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^
That's the idea! Those are the people who need to read of God's salvation. That's why the bibles are placed in such places. Below is one such testimony.

http://wn.com/Gideon_Bible_Testimony_of_Truck_Driver_Albert_C_Mitchell
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by abdulizom(m): 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
Jazakallah Khairan Jamalah, you wrote wondefully well and it gives me lot of pleasure to read over and over again your piece.
I have a story which i will relate soon, on a young girl killed in Izom town, Gurara L.G.A of Niger State some years back. I was a witness, my experience, interview conducted by me thereafter and some important details that will dumbfound you, will be unfolded in my narration. Thanks
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Guyman02: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
bashdecash:

Why dont you just admit that the people creating most of the problems in the North are the fiery preachers who spend all their wazi time indoctrinating the youths and turning them against their fellow citizens. The lambast the politicians so badly in front of their congregation but are always paid huge sums to officiate in the wedding fatihas of the currupt politicians kids and even offer prayers and sacrifices for the electoral victories of the same politicians the blame for the woes of the people in their mosques.
I am not a Northerner, but I love the people who have greatly influenced me and handed me with the opportunity of being educated in the schools that most of their people Talaka are being denied.

Prophet Muhammad - “Do you love your creator? Love your fellow-beings first.”

Prophet Muhammad - “That man is nearest to God, who pardoneth, when he had in his power him who would have injured him.”

Prophet Muhammad - “The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr.”

Prophet Muhammad - “Feed the hungry and visit a sick person, and free the captive, if he be unjustly confined. Assist any person oppressed, whether Muslim or non-Muslim.”
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
It's good to know that there are still northern muslims who can be as rational as the OP.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by daroz(m): 3:44am On Jun 23, 2011
bashdecash:

what is so spetacular about ur profile? Is it the fact that you were courageous enough to put on a tie(while still covering ur face to prevent ur muslim brothers who sees it as a betrayer, to reconize u)?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 23, 2011
ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Decides:Pictures Of Aregbesola Campaign Tour Of Ejigbo / Photos: PDP Presidential Campaign Organization / Police Arrests 8 Over Saraki's Attack In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.