Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review (21551 Views)

Shiites:Nigerian Soldiers Desecrate Graves Of Martyrs & Burn Their Bodies(photos / Don’t Desecrate Church With Propaganda, Bishop Tells APC, Buhari, Tinubu / Why Abacha Didn’t Kill CBN Gov, Sanusi In 1995…his Role In Akaluka’s Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by daroz(m): 3:52am On Jun 23, 2011
bashdecash:

@purestboy, Nairaland is my favourite website, as u can see, i've registered since 2007 but my number is not that much. i only visit to read all the personal contributions and insults when it comes to northerners and islam but i chose to stop responding to the posts.

i only responded to this one cos of WHO wrote it and am very sure he too will regret his actions as d thread goes on.

@JAMALAH, THE THREAD HAS STARTED TAKING THE DIMENSION I WAS WARNING U ABOUT, CONGRATULATIONS

So u are only on nairaland just to defend islam, irespective of what is being said about it. Now I see where u are coming from. Despite all ur so called enlightenment? With great sincerety, i will say u are a big disppointment. Are u blind to all the senceless killing going on? Without atticles like this how do u like the problems can be resolved?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by GNBohr: 10:33am On Jun 23, 2011
@Jamalah and bashdecash, one does not have to be a muslim, christian or even Nigerian to understand the picture of the North of Nigeria as painted by these two differing gentlemen. Jamalah is rooting for change caused mostly by his exposure to other people, cultures, climes, knowledge and practice of Islam by other muslims elsewhere, even from regions through which Islam reached the North. bashdecash is a core conservative rooted in the old belief system, worldview and practices of his people as a result of lacking what Jamalah is fortunate to have.

Painfully, bashdecash has displayed another traits of intolerance and unwillingness to learn which is the bane of the North. The unfortunate thing is that those like bashdecash are in the majority amongst the so called northern elites and their only means of survival is to enslave their own people mentally, pyschologically, socially, politically and economically.

For Jamalah, what he has exposed is known to some of us in the South but the reality and cogency in his exposition is that he can not be accused of not knowing the north because he is a full blooded Hausa-Fulani muslim, who may even has some priviledged backgroung judging by his post and claims. It only take a priviledge Hausa-Fulani to have the type of exposure and knowledge obviously displayed by him.

The obvious thing is that this country will eventually break,wether we like it or not, there are too many irreconciliable differences amongst the Hausa-Fulani and the other nationalities in Nigeria.

At the end of it all the Hausa-Fulani north will eventually experience an implosion and the whole region will be affected by the irremediable cataclysm which may unfortunately spread to the south.

This is not an issue to be joke with, it is one that have one or two impacts on all our lives, directly or indirectly, the funny thing is that the so-called leaders thought they are sacred and immune but the recent bombings of the Police HQ is an indication of what is to come. The rich, the powerful, the leaders and the rulers all accross Nigeria may not in the end find an escape route.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by logica(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2011
bashdecash:

@Jamalah, we are talking about jungle justice like d one passed on Gideon in Kano. I want you to pick another jungle justice passed on SUSPECT of may be claiming a change afetr buying a recharge card frm the seller and she raised alarm dt he want to defraud her not an armed robber in which case even the police are affected by our societal norm or killing summarily.

the killing of Gideon was not yesterday, not last year, but you Jamalah went ahead and bring it up with only God knows how u did your findings just to i repeat, cause confusion with nothing to gain. is not as if you are a detective on the case and you want to re-open it, no just like that. Haba malam, al fitnatu na'imun, la'BehindBased Lahu man anqazaha,
Obo Lagido. What's a f.ucking monkey doing wearing a tie? Indeed what goes around comes around. Watch your back, as it's coming from right behind you up your stinking azz.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2011
@GNBohr, you and many in here dont understand where i am driving at. but will drop it at the end after these responses to ur points.

1. the poster did not tell in his post that he ia a hausa/fulani MUSLIM. ask him DIRECTLY if he is NOW a muslim.

2. you said i may not have had d opportunity of travelling like the poster, lol. The poster talked about his travels and studying abroad, precisely egypt, but i didnt tell u abt mine and i dont need to. i can only tell u that even at the moment ma sister is studying medicine in egypt, just a clue abt me, lol

now here i go wth all i am trying to let u guys understand. THE THREAD IS NOT A PEACEFUL ONE AND THEREFORE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN CREATED. simple, thats all am saying, ok
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by rolchi(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2011
@bashdecash

What is violent about this thread? Simple discussions and articulation of ideas and you are getting worked up! I believe that Islam is a beautiful religion and that is why Muslims in S/Arabia, Qatar, Dubai, Indonesia, Malaysia do not attack Christians in these countries. But here in Nigeria, I am beginning to understand that Muslims here get worked up when ideas are discussed. I have followed Jamalah's pieces and he has not called anyone names and even challenge you to propose any point against his historical facts but you always get worked-up as if there is a quarrel.

Now you claim this thread is going to start another fresh killings (implied, since you said it is not peaceful). Down here in South, we reason, we talk, we don't fight over religion. Let me lend my voice to this argument, those issues you mentioned happen down south are what everyone and including you call "Social Vices" and not killings in the name of "Allahu Akbar". In the burning of criminals you mentioned that happens down south, have you ever heard the people set someone on fire "in the name of Jesus"? The killings in the north are not Social and selective but Religious because they do it so well and then chant "Allahu Akbar". As a Muslim, (please educate me), when is Allah great? Is it only at the point of killings or always (as He is Infinitely and Everlastingly Great)?

Please, look at the issues raised by Jamalah and if you are truthful to simple logical reasoning, accept that this is a fault on your part and resolve to be a part of the solution. That is by helping those around you up there who may not have a balanced understanding of Islam to see that Islam and the Holy Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) is all about peace, love, progress and brotherliness.

History is there to educate us and everyone including yourself is free to investigate any subject of Interest that occurred in the past. Even today, men are still studying the life and times of Saladin (he was regarded as a Prince in Medieval Europe). And Jamalah is eminently qualified to look into reason so that we do not repeat the mistake of the past and believe you me, this is the only reason why he is doing this. He has not done it because he is a detective or a judge. Again, everyone is free to investigate or judge historical records for better enlightenment of the present. Or in you whole life or in any book you have read or in any culture you may have been, have you ever seen anyone who is sued in the law court for Character Defamation or Libel or Scandal because he/she investigated History and published his findings? Show me one and I shall tender and reserved apology to you.

I counsel you in the spirit of love, brotherliness and peace to think again, Do not get angry but get disappointed enough to be part of the solution.

Every Nigerian hopes that Muslims even in the North should practice their religion unfettered and be happy but that Non-Muslims living among them should not have the emotional fear of whenever they hear "Allahu Arkbar" then then end has come for them. I wish you well and great peace!

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ypad: 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Jamalah you have just said it all. I have witness so many riot in kano. the last one, i witness was the one they swept my room and made away with all my belongings. I 'm most grateful to GOD, that non of us were hurt.
The problem with the northern Muslim has to do with their cleric. they impart bitterness of hatred to them. Those days in school i used to have a friend Mohammed, he runs to me for help most time but he never told me about the plot for riot. Not up to 5 mins I left my place for school the almajiris stormed my house. Many days later when i saw him and I asked him so you aware that there will be riot you didn't tell me, he started laughing and said he is sorry.
This is to tell you the level of their hatred for Christians, it has eaten deep into their system.

Solution
Reorientation of all the muslim cleric in the north, if possible get resource person from other muslim countries.
FG should negotiate with the emirs on how to introduce western education.
Let the village head see to the fact that all children from 4yrs to 18yrs has to be in school and he has to give feed back to the emirs every session or year. this report will include pictures of the children in school uniform, when they are in class, sport activities etc.
FG should partner with northern state govrt. to introduce free lunch for children in school.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ikooko(m): 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2011
ypad:

FG should partner with northern state govrt. to introduce free lunch for children in school.

How could you suggest a thing like this? Did Awolowo partner with FG when he introduced free education in the west?
Did Rochas Okorocha partenr with FG to declare free education in his state? If you must know, Rochas has a free education program in Kano and other major northern states.
If North oil has been discovered in the north rather than south, they would have chased away other regions tey tey.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2011
the way bashdecash reasons is not only infantile but terribly flawed. but that is the bane of most of us  northerners.
i wonder what beign a hausa fulani has got to do with the write up and only intolerant narrow minded bigots like bashdecash would ever think that this treatise will cause another riot.
what we are trying to point out is the dangerously irrational way our pple think and reason and how it has not only slowed down the development of the north but the entire nation.
i believe my credential as a commentator on such issues is solid more than bashdecash or his ilks will ever parade.
as a young man i was involved in Islamic activism led by mallam zakzaki. we were at the fore front in the days of the 'gwagwarmaya' (the struggle).
later on the movement split into two and the jama'at tajdid islami (jti) was formed in kano and we were also at the fore front. i wont like to divulge too much about my involvement in the movements for obvious reason.
but the rabid and pathological hatred of our compatriots in the south is what i find intolerable. and it is one of the things that first opened my eyes in my sojourn abroad. i was most flabbergasted when i was living in Syria. for instance the grave of the prophet yahya or john is there at the salahuddin al'ayyubi mosque. but the amazing thing is that both christians and muslims go their to pray especially women praying for a child. and they have never clashed. same with muslims going to christian monks for prayers. it was a picture of harmony in Syria.
another aspect that opened my eye was that all these various races that whole heartedly embraced islam never threw away their pre islamic cultures which they only beautifully sencretised with their new faith. they are not ashamed of their past. for instance in many parts of the middle east the Nowruz is still  celebrated which is a pre islamic Zoroastrian festival. go to egypt they still have the relics of their past thousands of years
ago and is infact ironically their source of livelihood today. the reverse however is the case when it comes to the hausa fulani. we threw away everything. we dont even wan to be in any way associated with our pst or be reminded of it. we are a divine race that just came down pure and untainted from the skies. even our brethren that somehow escaped being islamised we sideline and call bamaguje. where as that very bamaguje is the real unadulterated and pristine hausa man.
language, culture way of life name it. two third of hausa language is diluted, polluted and adulterated Arabic and ironically it does not make a speaker of Hausa to be proficient in arabic.
only last year i was listening to the Dan Masanin Kano, Alhaji Maitama Sule urging researchers to dig deeper and try to find out what the Hausa call numbers before the coming of arabic.
virtually all hausa numbers have diappeared and no one knows what they were called.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ikooko(m): 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
Jamalah, You have started a good course, do not be weary or discouraged. The Lord almighty will grant you strength, and courage to take it beyond NL. My joy is that you discover the truth yourself, but my concern is if someone like ''bashdecash'' would reason like we have read, what do we expect from someone without formal education?
The north need to tell themselves the truth and walk the talk. All peace lovers are praying for your success.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bashdecash(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
hahahaha, i knew it and now u've said yourself that you are a shi'te muslim. ok Nairanders its now upto you to do a research on who shi'ites are but before then, i would like you all to know that their stronghold is IRAN. and mind you, they are very good in creating confusion which he is doing now. u guys think he is doing a great job, but inside him he is practicing how to brainwash you as he learnt from all his travels as he claim.

he refused to answer if he is a muslim or not but he threw a light on the esteem of BAMAGUJE (athiest).

jamalah, being u a shi'ite am afraid of you cos i know shi'ite can detonate a bomb in d MOSQUE as it was very common in IRAQ. besides when did u come back to this country and what is your assignment back home as directed by your masterminders?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Patsey: 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
but why was Gideon Akaluka murdered in such a dastardly manner?

Because the Almajiris, and I dare say Nigerian Muslims, need education which quintessentially aims to: (i) deconstruct their misconceptions about the religious and/or non-religious 'Other'; (ii) develop their critical thinking skills and rational autonomy; and (iii) liberate them from the shackles of Islamic fundamentalism.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by GNBohr: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2011
I am beginning to realise how daft and stupid this bashdecash guy is, he is not capable of discern. if you indeed is well travelled and exposed then your exposure has made you a personal liability.

Practice of Islam in the North is not what Islam is all about, in fact I dont think people like you can get a non-northerner become a muslim because you bastardise Islam. Many christians who are not even natives are living peacefully in many Arab countries and they dont get treated the way hausa-fulani treats their non-muslim compatriots.

So, if Jamalah, according to you is a Shiite muslim because he told you and your ilk to get better and reintegrate with mordern socieities like it is in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, even Lebanon; then all non-Hausafulani muslim Nigerians must be Shiite because these people dont practice your kind of "KILL IN THE NAME OF ALLAH" religion.

The truth be told, most, if not  all Northern muslims are charlatans, hypocrites and despicable people who are destroying all the tenets of Islam. People like bashdecash will have to die first before reconciling their ways with reasons and civility. The hausa-fulani in other African states are not like their Nigerian counterparts. Painfully, they tend lose more if they continue in their present ways and orientation, in fact they are already loosing.

Stupidly, you bashdecash compare your alamjiri with area boys and yet you claim to be exposed and educated. There is nothing to compare. The areaboys are averagely educated, can read and write, can discern, can decide for themselves, fight for their personal survival and growth, can earn an income, possess certain skills, and employable.

Your almajiris are pests and destroyers, they cant discern, possess no education not even arabic or islamic education, possess no skill and pathetically unemployable. Yet you have effontry to come to this forum to defend a system and culture that wickedly and deliberately increase their population.

Bashdecash, you are a lost cause, you have eyes yet you can not see, you have education yet you can not discern, you have ears yet you can not hear, you have brains yet you can not see, you are a big let down to your generation and worse than the pests your ilk have created.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Patsey: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2011
GNBohr:
Your almajiris are pests and destroyers, they cant discern, possess no education not even arabic or islamic education, possess no skill and pathetically unemployable.

Honestly, no better way of describing these miscreants. Well done!
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by splashbaby(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Irrational killing
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bilms(m): 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
hello people, i really enjoy the discussion in here.

pls, i would like to seek the permission of the writer of this article to use it in my magazine productions plz.

Thanks
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by naijaking1: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
@jamalah
I congratulate you again on your scholarship, honesty, and peace. I served in Kano for my NYSC, at Murtala Mohammed hospital to specific. Until you came along, and with people like bashdecash, my sad impression about the Hausa-Fulani muslim was that everyone one of them is EVIL.
Now, I understand there maybe a few exceptions.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2011
@bilms

well, i dont know how the copyright issue will be negotiated here.
as for me i don't care, just trying to throw light on some issues that are of concern to me.
but i wont mind if you hand over i million naira cash to seun in royalty. he deserves it. lol!!
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 1:08am On Jun 28, 2011
@naijaking1
i served in the former ondo state, ekiti to be precise and what really touched me was the principal of the school i served.
though a christian but he would always make provisions for me to attend prayers in the mosque, even asking me if i had said my prayers.
the same with my ekiti girlfriend then. the trouble with christians in the south is that by and large they believe that we all serve  the same God and that somehow heaven is like a market to which many roads lead. so long as you are good to your fellow human beings they dont care what you worship. that is why i was surprised when a high-ranking xtian cleric declared that fela will go to heaven before many that profess christianity. the reverse am sorry is however the case when it comes to us Muslims especially in the north. we are brought up to undermine any other faith by any means at our disposal. whether its through proselytism, outright bribery or even violence.  that is why a muslim will hardly encourage a xtian to be steadfast in his faith by telling him to go to church. we dont wish our non-muslim compatriots well. for instance in the north we dont have a way of condoling the dead if it were non muslim because the language of condolence as we know it in hausa is exclusively reserved for muslims. like 'allah ya jikan sa', may god forgive him his trespasses. we dont believe that there is any mercy or forgiveness for non-muslims no matter how good they were in their life time. when a close christian associate is to be consoled for instance for the death of a loved one we will only wriggle round the words using terms like' sorry', etc. but never ever pray for his soul. or even outright insult like 'allah ya kara nauyin kasa'. may god increase the weight of the soil over him.

there was a very popular story years back when i was growing up about the way Mallam Gumi a prominent cleric and the former grand khadi of the north when president Gowon's father died. he had tobe  consoled but the mallam was at a quandary as to what words to use: a prominent sheikh wont be caught committing the blasphemy of wishing a dead infidel well. the tale goes that he had cleverly used the words' allah ya sa shima ya tafi inda kakanninsa suka tafi'. meaning may he go and meet his ancestors . ie wherever they are whether in heaven or hell. he had killed two birds with a single stone. not committing a blunder nor wrong footing Gowon. contrast it with the attitude of the prophet muhammad when he was alive who was reported to stand up whenever the corpse of even a non-muslim was being carried past him. incidentally he even attended and conducted the funeral service of his arch enemy and adversary in Medina, Ibn Salul and used his shawl to cover his corpse. this was someone who technically speaking could be called an apostate.
moreover when the muslims in the early days of islam were persecuted by the idolaters in mecca, they had no where to run but Ethiopia a christian nation where the ruler Negus refused to hand over the early Muslims to their enemies which could have been disastrous for the infant faith. when Negus died years later and islam had become well established, the prophet had organised and conducted a special prayer for him in far away medina
another blatant display of insensitivity was during the ANPP primaries i believe in 2007 when buhari emerged as the presidential flagbearer. i could remember when yarima was called upon to make a speech, he started with a 'muslim' prayer that if the other non-muslim candidates had known the meaning they would have walked out of the eagle square immediately. the prayer, allahumma aizzil islama wal muslimin wa azillishshirka wal mushrikin  bla bla bla. the long and short of it is imploring God to elevate muslims and destroy and humiliate  non muslims of nigeria. incidentally this sort of curses had even been banned in saudi arabia where they originated by the monarch in the wake of the sept 11 bombings which he believed was one of the fodders that encourage terrorism.
i believe this kind of prayers are very inappropriate in a multi religious setting like nigeria. if nation-building  cooperation ethnic and religious harmony and patriotism are the hallmarks of nation-building i wonder if this kind of expletives will aid or mar the effort.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 28, 2011
F.u.c.c.k u and ur religion! Yesterday I put pages of the holy qua'ran in my wife's v.a.gi.na! Terrorists, the day is coming when we would beging killing muslims like flies in the south! Please Nigeria should divide into two, let these babarians go! Bastards!
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bilms(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
does your comment mean a go ahead to use it? i needed to be sure before anything.

since you are the writer or am i wrong?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by bilms(m): 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2011
?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jamalah: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2011
@blims
go on; use it; no problem; just acknowledge source.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by iotama22: 5:12am On Nov 13, 2011
WHAT A COINCIDENCE! I DID NOT KNOW I WAS GOING TO STUMBLE ON THIS THREAD TODAY. THANK GOD! I JUST SENT THE MESSAGE BELOW TO A FORUM:

I want to be very frank with you here. Studying Arabic is just one of the ways that Nigerians have continued to religionise blindly, So, I personally will not lead in with stuffs like Arabic studies.

Quite frankly, have we asked ourselves who a child would become after studying Arabic? At best another Arabic teacher who will be interpreting/translating the Koran. To me, I feel our generation should henceforth desist from religionising because religion is the problem of the world.

Perhaps you have seen this mind arousing message before, but I enjoin you to ponder over it more deeply and you find out that most of the things we practice in religion are actually other people's cultures.

Excerpts:

There was an army barracks that had on its duty roster 4 soldiers to guard at all times a concrete slab in front of the barracks. The soldiers changed shifts guarding the slabs for many years. Different commanders came and went and the tradition continued.
After many years, a new commander was assigned to the barracks. Amongst the things he did was asking why things were done the way they were. When he asked why soldiers were guarding the slab, he was told, "We've always done it this way. It's our tradition. Our former commanders instructed us to do that."
The commander was adamant on finding out why. He went to the archives to look for answers and he came across a document that had the explanation. The document was very old. It had instructions written by one of the retired commanders who had even passed away.
The new commander learnt that over 80 years ago, the barracks wanted to build a platform where events could be performed. When the concrete slab was laid, wild animals walked over it at night before the slab would dry. The soldiers would fix it the next morning but when evening came the same thing would happen. So the commander ordered that 4 soldiers should guard the concrete slab for 3 weeks to allow it to dry. The following week the commander was transferred to another post and a new commander was brought in. The new commander found the routine and enforced it and every commander that came did the same. Eighty years later the barracks continued guarding a concrete slab.

What beliefs, attitudes, traditions have you carried on that were relevant to certain people or a certain time and they are still being carried out by you? Is your opinion about yourself, people of a different race, the opposite sex, certain business opportunities, new products etc obsolete? Question the status quo.

The human mind is like a key that should open many locks (nature's mysteries), Unfortunately, our ancestors have created a system that is unusually restrictive and preventing our keys (minds) from unlocking the mysteries in nature,

Don't get me wrong my brother. I AM NOT AGAINST ISLAM but I AM against anything (religion specifically) that incarcerates the mind.

Religion, contrary to what we erroneously think, does NOT liberate the mind! Rather it worsens the state of the mind, reducing it to something akin to infertility. God created the human mind to be fertile but religion is subjecting the mind to the antithetical phenomenon. For instance, Galileo Galilei was killed by the so called CHURCH because he said the earth moved round the sun!!! What do we have in science today I have archives of many others that the Islam religion has destroyed. I won't go too far on the Islam thing but I'll never forget the way Gideon Akaluka's head was paraded on the streets of Kano by MUSLIMS, our fellow Nigerians!!!

Sirs, I submit, with passion and humility, that life is far worth much more than religionising. God has NO RELIGION, let us stop deceiving ourselves.

Thank you sirs!

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by akings100: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2011
Thank God am a proud Yoruba son. D most educated, progressive, respected, friendly, sociable, accomodating tribe in Nigeria.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Chongaiman: 9:37am On Nov 14, 2011
^^^
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. (1 Cor 10:12 )

I find it hard to accept that needless and unfounded bragging is a characteristic of progressive minds.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by DrummaBoy(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
This post tells us what is fuelling BH: Ignorance!
The north needs to be educated.
Splitting Nigeria is no solution.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by iotama22: 4:14am On Dec 17, 2011
‎"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by DRANOEL(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
daroz:

what is so spetacular about your profile? Is it the fact that you were courageous enough to put on a tie(while still covering your face to prevent your muslim brothers who sees it as a betrayer, to reconize u)?

no be small thing!
he looks like a faceless suicide bomber
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Bambela(m): 11:57am On Jan 23, 2013
@ op may you continue in your good job. You made me debunk my believe that there is no discrepancy between educated muslim and that of almajiri roaming the street.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Parnassuss(m): 5:13am On May 19, 2013
sleekman:

Are for real? U want make Almajiri come after you?

What has Amalgamation got to do with d topic discussed now ugh? If Nigeria splits up, wouldn't it be the same bad eggs that will rule the broken states? All of you canvassing for a split have you stopped to think what happens in the respective states in the federation?
One thing I'm certain of though is that I'm getting fed up with this rot. We don't need an indecisive, weak president who can't fight corruption, terrorism, combat illiteracy and stimulate economic growth by tackling Power. This country needs power to change hands and power can only change hands through education and enlightenment. Good people of this nation please awake from your slumber. Evil is flourishing while you are all asleep.

If amalgamation is not to blame then I don't see how the president is at fault. This incident occurred in 1996, EJ was not in charge then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT / Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary / PDP NWC Sacks Wike's Lawyers Against APC Other Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.