Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review (21544 Views)

Shiites:Nigerian Soldiers Desecrate Graves Of Martyrs & Burn Their Bodies(photos / Don’t Desecrate Church With Propaganda, Bishop Tells APC, Buhari, Tinubu / Why Abacha Didn’t Kill CBN Gov, Sanusi In 1995…his Role In Akaluka’s Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by texazzpete(m): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
omenala:

Medicine after death! Mtcheeeew

Congrats, you have just won the 'Imbec'ile of the year' for 2011.

We are lamenting the effects of poor education and illiteracy in Nigeria and here you are showcasing your imbecility. Na wa.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by anizzle(m): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2011
Beautiful post but it will take ages to enlighten and sanitize the twisted mind set of most Northern Muslims.
I for one wouldn't want to live with people that might just wake up and decide to behead me over a stack of printed material.
Sacred or not

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by vwvw(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2011
97% of Hausa women between the ages of 17 and 22 completed less than 2 years of in school. imagine the kind of women those kind of women will bear. one would think that such a terrible prognosis is limited to western education and that Islamic education would be better. but that is even worse.
Now just imagine what home training equates to in this "RADICALIZED NORTHERN NIGERIA" that OP has compared to Afghanistan then
you'd realize that Nigeria is on the railroad to collateral destruction, EDUCATION or nothing else
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2011
Why are people still blaming dead white men for what they did ears ago?

Was the country, amalgamated or not, not put in your hands? Feel free to remodel it as you see fit.
I for one would love to see the north seperated from us so we can have peace of mind. Vesides, na we get oil  cool

But trust, even after the split, these blood thirsty northerners are still going to find another reason to make war with the "Christian country to the south". the warring brother of isaac indeed.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by newguy1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
@poster
no offence but dont bring whars in d past we that some ppl do bad thing just in d name of religion
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by A12(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
Innai lilahi wa inna ilaehi rajihun,most northerners are not holy buh pretending to be Religious. ISLAM is not all about Misconduct, Hooliganism,Chaos & above all Ungodly acts.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by btyfulmnd(m): 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
it is pretty unfortunate what some Muslim scholars teach our children in the name of religion. If there has been a clear distinction between Arabic writings in publications and the Holy Quaran,i don't think this would have happened.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by MMM2(m): 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2011
muslim must u kill?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ak47mann(m): 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2011
NA2DAY angry angry angry angry
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by PurestBoy(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2011
M M M:

muslim must u kill?

Who wouldn't want to kill to enjoy 72 beautiful virgins the world has ever seen?
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by tyson55(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2011

I, for one has never believed the story about Gideon Akaluka and have always wondered where Gideon was defecating and where the witness was to have witnessed such a private occurance.

Reminds me of the igbo lorry driver who was alleged to have knowingly reversed his lorry over a copy of the koran and therefore was sent on an august visit to his maker at the hands of his fellow nigerians.
It was obvious that his killers just needed an excuse to waste him as two pertinent questions, readily rose to my mind:
1. How is one expected to notice a copy of the koran on the road when reversing a lorry? and
2. What was the damn book doing on the road in the first place if it is as sacred as our northern brothers wants us to believe.

My belief is that someone knowing fully well that the lorry was full of goods, probably threw the book on the floor behind the lorry and then yell that the driver has just desecrated the koran and the rest as they say, is history. For all we know, there might have not been any koran book lying on the road in the first place. Our northern brothers(?) needed the flimsiest of excuse(i.e the eclipse of the sun or a danish caroon of mohammed) to take off our heads to the milleu sound of "allahu akbar".

Yet we have someone like of Sanusi, the modern-day Wada Nas(ty) blaming us southerners for being slow in transforming to nigerians. What a mo.ron! Does he really think that the family of Akaluka and others like him who lost their loved ones to such senseless killings at the hands of his (Sanusi's) kit and kins will ever want to be seen as a nigerian as these barbaric id.iots?

This marriage of inconvenience is not working. It hasn't worked in its 50 years existence.
SO, WTF are we waiting for?

@T9ksy - From my personal observation, this is the first response of you that is not (Bigoted)anti- Igbo on NL. Good response btw. I always knew people change, so too you can. No offence.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by ak47mann(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2011
PurestBoy:

Who wouldn't want to kill to enjoy 72 beautiful virgins the world has ever seen?
SEVENTY TWO SOME WITH FAT A$$ SOME WITH BIG BRE-AST SOME SHORT WITH BOW LEG  tongue tongue SOME TALL WITH FAT NIPP-LES   tongue tongue tongue NA ENJOYMENT BE THAT kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by tbaba1234: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
ak47mann:

SEVENTY TWO SOME WITH FAT A$$ SOME WITH BIG BRE-AST SOME SHORT WITH BOW LEG  tongue tongue SOME TALL WITH FAT NIPP-LES   tongue tongue tongue NA ENJOYMENT BE THAT kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

$100 for anyone that can show me where the Quran mentions 72 virgins!! muppets!
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by PurestBoy(m): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2011
ak47mann:

SEVENTY TWO SOME WITH FAT A$$ SOME WITH BIG BRE-AST SOME SHORT  WITH BOW LEG  tongue tongue SOME TALL WITH FAT NIPP-LES   tongue tongue tongue NA ENJOYMENT BE THAT kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

[size=14pt]MODERATORS SHOULD PLS DELETE THIS POST TO AVOID FURTHER BLOODSHED FROM OUR BLOOD-THIRSTY BROTHERS WHEN THEY GET TO READ THIS[/size]. grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Waduku(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
People of the Northern muslim extract have 4long been lured and decieved with unrealistic teaching of a religion dat has never depict killing,but d experience of d maiming and killing in the North has made d religion to be dabated as to;if its really a religion of peace as purpotedly preached.It will take years to erase such stains on d minds of dis brainless cowards with thier height of rligious bigotory dat islam is nt as they hv painted it in d North,d region prides religious zealots and ethnic champions than good leaders which is a direct aftermath of d rise of dis sects dat are paraded by frustrated individuals
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by proffmanue(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
the greatest challeng that await the future of this country is the almajiris that are been breed in the North. they re time bomb.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by muhsin(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
Salam, Jamalah (author), although via phone, I throughly read your piece with rapt attention. It contains what's called an ugly truth and something else. Hence ma succint conclusion: you're right and not right. That I'll say more if we can privetely discuss.

BTW, am also from Kano; and still stay there. Besides, I'm younger than you, for I was much below 18 when the incident occured. And lastly, you MUST be new to this forum. I've been here since 2006.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by alexola20(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2011
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by alexola20(m): 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Knight1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2011
Fantastic piece " poster and very well written at that.
muhsin:

Salam, Jamalah (author), although via phone, I throughly read your piece with rapt attention. It contains what's called an ugly truth and something else. Hence ma succint conclusion: you're right and not right. That I'll say more if we can privetely discuss.

BTW, am also from Kano; and still stay there. Besides, I'm younger than you, for I was much below 18 when the incident occured. And lastly, you MUST be new to this forum. I've been here since 2006.

please discuss on the forum. let's know what is 'not right' in the write up. considering that you are anonymous, there shouldn't be any reason not to!

POSTER, PLS MAIL YOUR ARTICLE TO NEWPAPERS TO PUBLISH. IT'S THAT GOOD!!!
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by PurestBoy(m): 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
muhsin:

[size=14pt]WHY DON'T U TELL US WHAT IS NOT RIGHT IN THAT WRITE-UP MR BOKO? WHY DO U WANT TO TALK TO HIM PRIVATELY? TO STOP HIM FROM EXPOSING THE EVIL IN ISLAM?[/size]
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by crispgg: 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
This post by Jamalah is very educative and incisive. What he describes here reminds me of when the popes of Rome ruled christendom. These popes had absolute power and could depose any king of any country who dared oppose them by simply issuing a proclamation and excommunicating them from the church.

It was a taboo then to be seen with a bible then. Just try it at the risk of death. The few bibles available then were practically chained and locked in a few cathedrals. To even read it, you had to be a priest, travel hundreds of miles with permissiom from high authority to be allowed to touch the scriptures. So the popes were able to control religion by issuing decrees. They even sold certificates that permitted people to sin.

A lot of people like Martin Luther, a former catholic priest himself fought with thier lives to ensure that the bible is commonly available and in any language that you want it to be. Those popes never wanted it this way.

Liberalising the quran should be advocated by enlightened Islamic scholars like the author of this post. I hope he and others will take up the challenge

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by skydeexie(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ Poster, I admire your great courage in acknowledging the truth, and this at the expense of your own life. Your "brethren" can easily put a death fatwa
on your head for saying all that is written here. This "RIGHTLY" qualifies for "insulting Islam" or in your own case it would be considered as 'blasphemy'.
However, the Lord Jesus Christ says in John 8:32, that, "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
YOU ARE CERTAINLY ON YOUR WAY TO TRUE FREEDOM, But you need to come out clean from the whole rote!

[size=13pt]Christians are regarded in northern Nigeria as impure and unfit to handle the holy Quran[/size].

I'll let the great moderate Ayatollah Sistani of Iran say it as it is:

The following ten things are essentially najis [unclean] in Islam:
1. Urine
2. Faeces
3. Semen[/b]4. Dead body
5. Blood
6. Dog
7. Pig
[b]8. Kafir [unbeliever -- i.e., non-Muslims]

9. Alcoholic liquors
10. The sweat of an animal who persistently eats najasat [unclean things].

http://www.sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&nid=2&bid=59&pid=2857
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
Very thoughtful. Northern Nigeria is more Islamic than Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Dubai etc. These countries educate their women, generally hardly practice polygamy and have outlooks that are more secular. Could it possibly be that the near equal population and competitive strength of Muslims and Christians in Nigeria is responsible for the hard wedged Islam practiced in the north. Nigeria is the only country in the world with this ratio of 50/50 Muslims and Christians.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by visitakb: 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nice post there, i totally agree to this submission cos i did my compulsory youth service in the north and took my time to mingle with the indigenes from where i found out that they are 100% backward educationally. Am afraid that one day these ignorant youth will face their so called reverrd religious leaders and burn them to ashes when there is nothing again to burn, that unholy,senseless,selfish almagamation is the cause of all these,imaging joining functional heads with void ones. God help GEJ [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by thehomer: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2011
Lagosboy:

I have been singing for years and even here on NL that the problem of voilence in the north is a product of the social retrogression perpetrated on them by their unfortunate leaders. Leaders who have failed to educate the northern folks. Why on earth should children be roaming the streets begging while they should be in schools ?

The northern elite are responsible for the underdevelopment and waste of minds and in fact generations. The southern folks rather than sympathise with the predicament in the north and help them push for education, the fundamentalist among southerners heap the blame at the doorstep of islam.

It is most unfortunate that even the islamic education we are of the impression the almajairis have is actually nil. All they do is lear how to read arabic letters, memorise the quran and that is all. The real islamic education is not possesed by the street mallams who teach them and what you dont have you cannot give. The chicken is coming home to roost now which is the Boko Haram, a creation of years of neglect and social depravation.

The solution to the Boko haram menace is social justice and education, any attempt to militarily crush them will be an excercise in futility. Yaradua made a very wrong decision to go crush them in Borno and hundreds of innocent INNOCENT defenceless civilians were shot and killed at close range (Aljazeera showed us footages of some). Their leeader Yusuf was killed without trial or extcraction of the rationale behind their motives. Boko haram is not Al Qaeda as the former believe 100% in education and carry out their attacks from sophisiticated education. This Nigerian menace called Boko haram if not sincreley checked and resolved will end up being an alabatross round Nigerias neck, of a level worse than MEND of the ND militants.

And who has the responsibility of keeping these leaders in check? This is why I advocate the carrot and the stick. Besides, as we have seen the world over, education is not necessarily a panacea for such problems. Just ask the Sept. 11th hijackers. Indeed in some cases, it could help them plan more effective attacks. So we need to do more than just educating these people.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by splashbaby(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2011
Kudos to the poster. I think getting out of the box is what everybody should do. I as a christian have had an unusual encounter with the ZAKzaKY in Zaria at his home, A very intelligent man, he never looks at religion even though he heads one, he speaks Hausa at all his lectures even though he is well educated. My impression is that religious fanatic have been manipulating the unfortunate illiterates Muslims in the North. The only person I called father apart from my dad is an Hausa man a family friend. My best friend is from Delta state and I am a Yoruba man. We as a people are so used to ourselves that we need to examine all those things that continuously divides us and work at it to give us more strength. The other day I was at a bus stop waiting to pick up a friend somewhere in Suleja. I observed how committed parents in these area, especially the women waiting patiently at the bus stop, ensuring that their wards makes it to school everyday, it was a sight behold, most of them not so rich but all wanted a secured future for their children, on the same street, you will find Almajiris of school-able age with their plates roaming about endlessly, But after 20 years the Almajiris and those children can never be equals yet the Federal government always want to put them at par using ethnic quotas. It can never work.

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by laidback(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
The truth is there are many Northerners with the wisdom and exposure that this poster has shown, but they all share a common problem: they refuse or are afraid to speak out. Even this poster had to come to a picture-less blog site to put this, and i doubt that he'd make his thoughts really public. Nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by tbaba1234: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2011
skydeexie:

@ Poster, I admire your great courage in acknowledging the truth, and this at the expense of your own life. Your "brethren" can easily put a death fatwa
on your head for saying all that is written here. This "RIGHTLY" qualifies for "insulting Islam" or in your own case it would be considered as 'blasphemy'.
However, the Lord Jesus Christ says in John 8:32, that, "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
YOU ARE CERTAINLY ON YOUR WAY TO TRUE FREEDOM,  But you need to come out clean from the whole rote!

I'll let the great moderate Ayatollah Sistani of Iran say it as it is:

The following ten things are essentially najis [unclean] in Islam:
1. Urine
2. Faeces
3. Fluid[/b]4. Dead body
5. Blood
6. Dog
7. Pig
[b]8. Kafir [unbeliever -- i.e., non-Muslims]

9. Alcoholic liquors
10. The sweat of an animal who persistently eats najasat [unclean things].

http://www.sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&nid=2&bid=59&pid=2857

First of all, Kafir does not mean unbeliever, a kafir refers to one who rejects faith as opposed to one who has a different concept of God.

Also, the concept of Kafirs being unclean IS NOT a belief held by the majority of muslims; it is held by ONLY shia muslims who are less than 20% of the entire population of muslims.

Stop spreading misinformation.
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by AlabaSlim: 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2011
Ha,
The issue here is that the wicked Northern leaders(includin ahmadu bello,tafawa & odas)OPENLY told if not FOUGHT the british not to educate their people.its like a norm & their present leaders MUST ensure it continues.am sori but its d truth
GOD4BID but as usual more heads wil roll dis yr,nex yr,nex 2 yrs,etc & so it continues.
am sori but this is the UGLY TRUTH & wi all know d truth abi i lie

1 Like

Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by DOnly1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nigeria is operating it's affairs just like a lawless state. How on earth can a man run into a police station for succour, and the police couldn't control the situation.
As a matter of reality, our law enforcement agencies have failed the country & successive governments have not done anything significant to improve the situation.

Either they are re-orientated or not, if security agencies do not wake up and take charge, this problem will continue but for now, I'll advice non-northerners to stay clear of the north if they can.

As the saying goes "WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND"
-THE ONLY 1-
Re: Did Gideon Akaluka Really Desecrate The Holy Qur'an? A Contrarian Muslim Review by jonah19: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
Why the topic? Why Nigerians are sentimental, though I am quite sure the poster is not muslim, and he lost contact with history regarding what happened on that account, please for the sake of religion you worship stop bringing issues that will divide this forum on religious line.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Osun Celebrates Buhari’s Victory / APC Plots El-rufai’s Fall / Osun Decides:Pictures Of Aregbesola Campaign Tour Of Ejigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.