Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers (11973 Views)

Peter Obi Pays Condolence Visits To Families Of Herbert Wigwe And Ogunbajo / Wike To Pay N20m To Families Of Policemen & Soldiers Killed By IPOB / Gov. Udom Emmanuel Visits Sen. Ekpeyong Over Wife’s Demise (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2021
Gov. Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers (Photos)

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel has comisserated with the state Police Command over the loss of officers of the Police force in the wake of attacks on security formations in the state, Igbere TV reports.

Governor Emmanuel gave the condolences when he led members of the state Executive council to commiserate with the state police authorities at the state police headquarters, Ikot Akpan Abia, Uyo.

The Governor expressed grief on the loss of officers and men of the police force to assailants who have torched no fewer than four stations , killing some officers of the force in the process.

"I condole with the command over the loss of men and assets to the recent security skirmishes witnessed in the state. I pray God’s consolation for the families of the policemen who lost their breadwinners.

"In addition to the financial support I have given the deceased families, we will do all within our power to support our men in uniform to end the new wave of criminality in the state," he stated.

He said that he decided to visit the command to express his heartfelt sympathy following the ugly incidences , stressing that the lives of every police officer is important to him.

Governor Emmanuel used the occasion to advise the police officers not to be discouraged by the prevailing circumstance , assuring that the state administration is solidly behind them in their determination to bring the new wave of attack under control.

While appreciating the efforts of the state command in handling of security, the Governor urged the police not to rest in it oars to nip insecurity in the bud.

He announced a donation of N60 Million to the families of the deceased policemen, calling on Non Governmental Organisations , NGOs, Public Spirited Individuals and other Foundations to fund security as well as take up the sponsorship of the deceased children in academics and other endeavours .

Receiving the Governor, the state Commissioner of Police, Amiengheme Andrew expressed delight at the visit, describing it as a morale booster to the command.

The CP decried the loss of 21 personnel, 9 vehicles and 11 firearms to the attack which he said started in February this year and assured that the police is determined to bring the perpetrators to book.
https://igberetvnews.com/1389616/gov-emmanuel-visits-donates-families-deceased-police-officers-photos/

3 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Nobody: 7:41am On May 11, 2021
Noted
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Koryc: 7:52am On May 11, 2021
Good, I pity policemen now, indeed tables turn.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by qualityovenbake(m): 7:53am On May 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On May 11, 2021
For all every animals involved in your killings : May it never be well with them in life.
They will never know peace in all they do in the little time they have remaining in their evil lives.
From the evil ones among the herdsmen, Boko Haram, Bandits, Ipob terrorist organization, unknown gunmen, they will all perish in this nation before the end of this year, along with their sponsors, leaders, brainwashed followers.
Their blood will flow to cleanse this nation las las.
Bitter and terrible end await them all evil doers.
So shall it be.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

Cownu, may you never know peace wherever you are hiding.
Your end is nigh.
Your end will be damn brutal.
Ralph Uwazurike has predicted it already.
That was the same man that kidnapped you on your wedding day, keeping you inside his toilet for 5 days for your by force honeymoon and you can't do nada!
Coward mental animal

You will never go scot free for all the killings of our policemen and women, burning of Police stations, while you told your brainwashed animals not to touch your sister that is a police woman in the same country you call a zoo!
(Truth may be bitter to some yeye tins here, but we will continue to preach it!)
Again, Cownu, your end is nigh!

We Rise!

Villagemeat:
U did not mention Boko Haram.
Pick your glasses.
Wash it, wipe it, sanitize it, dry it under the fan and put it on.
Now, read the same post you just quoted again!
Do not be willfully blind please, na beg we dey beg!
Orisirisi village meat (what a moniker wink)..... sad

Edusouls:
When I told them that Nnamdi Kanu is a wicked and cold hearted man, they called me names, now it’s clear to everyone..I weep for the guys generation for the heap of curses and misfortune that is following them till the next 300years
He is nothing but a mental animal.
His end and those of his brainwashed swines (his followers he called pigs and idiots) will be terrible.
You are a wise man.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Etizz: 7:53am On May 11, 2021
This is what I observed about Nigeria my country, bad thing just have to happen before someone recognize u or your family, its not suppose to be like DAT, the other day wike donated millions of Naira to the family of dead officers , now this, does it mean they must wait for something bad to happen first?

I commend dem though

But I pray me and my family continue to make it in life without the donations/sympathy of our so called government

1 Like

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On May 11, 2021
Dcube212:
Commendable
True that

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Nobody: 7:54am On May 11, 2021
Restructure this country end this bloodshed

People against restructuring n breakup have these blood in their hands

1 Like

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Earlystar698(m): 7:54am On May 11, 2021
Nigeria police get paid well if they die than living I won't talk more than this cheesy
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Pvin: 7:54am On May 11, 2021
He should follow the footsteps of Wike by making it public what he will be giving to the diseased families.

1 Like

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by arantess: 7:55am On May 11, 2021
nigeria police sha are disorganised
some are at attention, some are at ease, one is saluting, anyhowness

9 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by rawtouch: 7:55am On May 11, 2021
the officers& men need to be better behaved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by richidinho(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2021
Wike is giving out 220m to 11 families, you are giving 60m to 21 families

This man is clueless and wicked

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by obembet(f): 7:56am On May 11, 2021
No Respect for Nigeria police. I don't really pity them even though they have 5% +ve impact on security matter, that #50 is more important to them than your life

Truvel:
If U Were In Their Shoes, U Will Do Dsame. D Police Are Not Properly Paid Unlike Other Countries.

That's why they kill innocent people cos of #50

3 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by vengertime: 7:57am On May 11, 2021
Nigerian politicians and their foolishness, when Police kill innocent people you don't see them brag about giving the families of the deceased compensation, what's so special about these killer policemen

6 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2021
Ok o
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Georgejeez: 7:57am On May 11, 2021
See that one belle ,how he wan Tek pursue thief?

Most of the police officers came dressed in Jeans and sneakers .I'm sure they wore another shirt under the black police polo and kept their ID cards at home , that should tell you they came prepared .

Once UGM show now ,na to discard the black polo and face cap ,remain inner mufti polo ,jeans and sneakers begin claim bloody civilians just like during the days of Anini..

All Nigerian police officers are useless,,,,,all of them

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by bigdammyj: 7:57am On May 11, 2021
Noted
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by paulolee(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2021
commendable....still dnt know d main reason of killing policemen n burning stations in my state.
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by Seniorwriter(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2021
This is what they are known for and it gladden their ego...another means to overblow monies spent and security votes.
We have doomed leaders.
richidinho:

Wike is giving out 220m to 11 families, you are giving 60m to 21 families
This man is clueless and wicked
Can any amount replace lives lost? Sometimes keep mute instead of saying irresponsible trash. We need to condemn the incompetence of our leaders in not ensuring safety for lives and property.
If they created an enabling platform to make people gainfully employed and create policies that do not allow for PoliceBrutality these deaths would have been avoidable.
Georgejeez:
See that one belle ,how he wan Tek pursue thief?

Most of the police officers came dressed in Jeans and sneakers .I'm sure they wore another shirt under the black police polo and kept their ID cards at home , that should tell you they came prepared .

Once UGM show now ,na to discard the black polo and face cap ,remain inner mufti polo ,jeans and sneakers begin claim bloody civilians just like during the days of Anini..

All Nigerian police officers are useless,,,,,all of them

Most of our police officers are not physically fit to be called officers ...talk less of been psychologically fit.

Earlystar698:
Nigeria police get paid well if they die than living I won't talk more than this cheesy
Our past and present leaders are very wicked and greedy to consider the better living standards of their citizens.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by padi94(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2021
See that guy wey dey salute stomach, he dey chop money pass Governor ni grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2021
mctewwwwwwwwww.
Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by JooEeL(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2021
The e-battering rams may try all they can but we all know what the forces stand for.

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by KnowledgeVault: 8:03am On May 11, 2021
smiley

arantess:
nigeria police sha are disorganised
some are at attention, some are at ease, one is saluting, anyhowness

Re: Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers by qualityovenbake(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2021
Any police officer on night duty shouldn't be seen outside the station alone without backup, even though he or she want to find something to eat.

Even the police station isn't safe anymore, the once alive should always be on the alert 24/7, may God bless the souls of the fallen police men and women.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four States To Understudy Operations Of Lagos Justice Ministry (Photos) / Wike: Nigeria Needs Someone With Courage To Fight Insecurity / Defections: Why Senators, Reps May Lose Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.