Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction (40551 Views)

Bala Mohammed Commissions 18KM Anua - Mbak Eshiet Road In Akwa Ibom / Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) / Picture Of Lekki-Eleko-Epe Concrete Road Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2021
Dcube212:
All government in Nigeria would've done more than this if not for a Virus called corruption and looting

Abeg jari, I will Design a Professional for Your Product and Company for 2k Only

Design a professional what?
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by johnmartus(m): 11:18am On May 11, 2021
He and God knows why he was laughing.
Deathforall:
grin
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by LoydJ(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2021
mbhs139:

Not necessarily the best bro. A road that doesn't take the safety of road users into consideration can't be described the way you have put it. if you know the number of lives that have been lost on several sections of that road, due to the fact that the population density and proper user design consideration was not put in place, like speed breakers and so on, you'd be shocked. Nevertheless, that is not to take the credit away from former Governor Ambode.
Since it's an highway would it be considerate to fix in Speed breakers along the roads?
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by davedoe: 11:32am On May 11, 2021
With all this security challenge they shud b putting CCTV also as construction is going on useless ppl
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Lekison(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2021
9japride:
There is a section of road in Kogi state constructed with concrete I believe it was down by Dangote. It has iron reinforcement in it, it looks very solid.
that should be Obajana to Kabba road.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by illuminaty(m): 12:13pm On May 11, 2021
Ikpeazukerosene:

All those roads he mentioned are state roads, Okokomaiko Road is a federal road.
Okokomaiko Road looks exactly how those in Abuja reason.
Please Remind me what party the Federal Government belongs to?
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Focusmind: 12:14pm On May 11, 2021
My annoyance is that Agberos and danfo will later occupy half of that road and be loading passengers by the road, creating further traffic. Nigeria's problem get Web.

Go to Ajah and see the nonsense Agberos, destitute and street urchins have converted the road and under the bridge into.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by ntyce(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2021
Ikpeazukerosene:

Stop wailing foolishly.
Ikorodu has the road coming from Ketu to Ikorodu done
Ipaja has same coming from Ikeja along
Ikotun and Co have solid roads running through them.
Alagbado has a road commissioned less than 6 months ago.

The road being done in Ibeju-Lekki is the Expressway they're trying to bring it to the width of the ones in Ipaja and Co. If you must lament, do so with your brain in-tact.

Idiotic being, can you attest that development is evenly spread?
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Ikpeazukerosene: 12:32pm On May 11, 2021
ntyce:

Idiotic being, can you attest that development is evenly spread?

Go and ask your father who brought you to Lagos to suffer. You must have inherited your stupidity from him.
Don't you have a state? Why don't you go there and ask the idiot ruling you there to give you basic amenities so you won't be suffering in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9japride(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2021
Lekison:
that should be Obajana to Kabba road.
[color=#006600][/color]

Yes you right. Thanks
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by nerorex01: 1:18pm On May 11, 2021
The best road I have ever seen around a community. That man is a man missed by all who truly loves infrastructural progression...

LoydJ:
Well nice development,I wish they could Probably extend to Ajah also.

PS; The roads Ambode built @ Epe remains one of The best roads in Nigerian.
If road's where like that all over Nigeria there would be less of Traffic and accident.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Newton85: 1:26pm On May 11, 2021
ProWalker:
Obviously Lagos is going concrete over bitumen.

Congratulations to Lagosians! May PDP never happen anywhere close to you guys
I'm not even religious but I say a big AMEN! As much as I ferociously detest Tinubu's hold on who becomes the governor of Lagos, he's still tried with the men his influence has made to be Lagos governors. The PDP scoundrels and their supporters should know that always screaming "he's a Tinubu stooge!" is a faulty election winning strategy. The thought of delivering Lagos into the hands of corruption merchants like Bode George just because we don't want a "Tinubu's boy" makes me shiver! I don't like that one man has such enormous power to decide who becomes the governor of Lagos, but where is the better alternative?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by bonnyhope: 1:27pm On May 11, 2021
ntyce:
Well done Sanwo
But why is development only focused on that side of Lagos.

How about those in Okokomaiko, Alagbado, Ikorodu, Festac, Wow, Iyana Ipaja, Ikotun?
When will they also benefit.

That axis is the new Lagos

Many things coming up there, Dangote refinery, petrochemical plants, fertilizer plant, Free trade zone, deep sea port, etc

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by omonnakoda: 1:35pm On May 11, 2021
alphaconde:
Well I don't like concrete road, I love the way asphalt shines with little water on it
The surface does not have to be concrete

Depending on the terrain many roads are built with a concrete base and and asphalt surface.

That ensures the road last for longer instead of just poring asphalt on a clay base which quickly results in potholes

Many bridges have a concrete base with an asphalt surface. just like many airport runways. That is why they can carry the load of heavy aircraft

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by omonnakoda: 1:41pm On May 11, 2021
Newton85:
I'm not even religious but I say a big AMEN! As much as I ferociously detest Tinubu's hold on who becomes the governor of Lagos, he's still tried with the men his influence has made to be Lagos governors. The PDP scoundrels and their supporters should know that always screaming "he's a Tinubu stooge!" is a faulty election winning strategy. The thought of delivering Lagos into the hands of corruption merchants like Bode George just because we don't want a "Tinubu's boy" makes me shiver! I don't like that one man has such enormous power to decide who becomes the governor of Lagos, but where is the better alternative?
The better alternative is that the people of Lagos have the power which they soon will
Tinubu will not live for ever. This "power" that he appears to have has an expiry date
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by olawale1516(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2021
That is called rigid pavement, it have been use in advance country for years... The life span is 30 to 40 years if it is well done

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Richthekid: 4:58pm On May 11, 2021
Really
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Olatomiwami(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2021
Ikpeazukerosene:

Stop wailing foolishly.
Ikorodu has the road coming from Ketu to Ikorodu done
Ipaja has same coming from Ikeja along
Ikotun and Co have solid roads running through them.
Alagbado has a road commissioned less than 6 months ago.

The road being done in Ibeju-Lekki is the Expressway they're trying to bring it to the width of the ones in Ipaja and Co. If you must lament, do so with your brain in-tact.

Hain? grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Olatomiwami(m): 5:32pm On May 11, 2021
illuminaty:

But you stylishly avoided okokomailko

okokomaiko, let them join blue line. grin
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Olatomiwami(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2021
ProWalker:
Obviously Lagos is going concrete over bitumen.

Congratulations to Lagosians! May PDP never happen anywhere close to you guys

Amen Amen Amen. PDP?may affliction never rise in Lagos state
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Olatomiwami(m): 5:38pm On May 11, 2021
LoydJ:

Since it's an highway would it be considerate to fix in Speed breakers along the roads?

No, what Ambode should have done is pedestrian bridges.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by seguno2: 4:34am On May 12, 2021
OmoManU:
Lagos is really trying, travelled thru the place last month and the level of work was really amazing and fast paced, it will ease vehicular movement for the Dangote refinery and other springing industrialization efforts on that axis, Nigeria will still be great one day.

Really trying without a light rail since 2010 when Fashola went to Toronto for pictures?
How many billions of dollars later, and still no light rail? Buhari who cancelled Jakande’s metro really did bad. Only God knows how Lagosians will be enjoying moving around without traffic jam.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by OmoManU: 4:45am On May 12, 2021
seguno2:

Really trying without a light rail since 2010 when Fashola went to Toronto for pictures?
How many billions of dollars later, and still no light rail? Buhari who cancelled Jakande’s metro really did bad. Only God knows how Lagosians will be enjoying moving around without traffic jam.
Na only to pinpoint faults una dey dey after, when someone does something well let's appreciate governance is not hot bread and butter
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by seguno2: 11:27am On May 12, 2021
OmoManU:

Na only to pinpoint faults una dey dey after, when someone does something well let's appreciate governance is not hot bread and butter

Is that why Lagos and the entire country is so shitty that even posh pastor-preneurs are having Plan Bs?
If whites don’t constantly pinpoint faults of their constituted authorities,
please how will their country be so nice for Nigerians to japa to, even plus including the hypocrite president who goes there for medical tourism

When will we borrow ourselves brains?
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by OmoManU: 12:13pm On May 12, 2021
seguno2:

Is that why Lagos and the entire country is so shitty that even posh pastor-preneurs are having Plan Bs?
If whites don’t constantly pinpoint faults of their constituted authorities,
please how will their country be so nice for Nigerians to japa to, even plus including the hypocrite president who goes there for medical tourism

When will we borrow ourselves brains?

If den give you d job to do, na your types dey do am worse yeye
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by seguno2: 1:10pm On May 12, 2021
OmoManU:
If den give you d job to do, na your types dey do am worse yeye

That is not the issue.
If Britons had this type of attitude, will they have a nice premier league for you to be supporting ManU at the expense of the teams in your country?
No wonder you support the hypocrite in Aso Rock who abandons the clinic that they spent billions on each year. What a bloody, pretentious rogue he is.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by OmoManU: 1:27pm On May 12, 2021
seguno2:

That is not the issue.
If Britons had this type of attitude, will they have a nice premier league for you to be supporting ManU at the expense of the teams in your country?
No wonder you support the hypocrite in Aso Rock who abandons the clinic that they spent billions on each year. What a bloody, pretentious rogue he is.

Ọgá wetin can you do beta no b to dey abusive people up and down
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9jaRealist: 2:16pm On May 12, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
ONGOING Massive Construction of the 6-lane rigid pavement on Eleko Epe T junction by Messers Craneburg Construction. Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu flagged off the construction on 1st November 2020.

#ForAGreaterLagos
#SanwoReports

Project Details:

- The Total Length of the road from Eleko Junction to Epe T junction is 18.75km.
- CONTRACTOR: Craneburg Construction
- Provision of reinforced concrete drains, Culverts and Median Barrier
- Installation of Traffic Lights
- Landscaping of Road Verges
- Preservation of rail line corridor with 50m RoW
- Installation of Street Lights
- Dedicated Truck Lane and Railway Line (for future).

- Road to serve as template for construction of road leading towards the Dangote Refinery, Lekki Ports and the Lagos Free Zones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXEt5XOUvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lddyIMoQMoo

EKO ONI BAJE! cool
>
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9jaRealist: 2:25pm On May 12, 2021
LoydJ:
Well nice development,I wish they could Probably extend to Ajah also.

PS; The roads Ambode built @ Epe remains one of The best roads in Nigerian.
If road's where like that all over Nigeria there would be less of Traffic and accident.

This is only the first phase of the Eti-Osa to Epe expressway reconstruction project...
The SECOND phase is from Eleko Junction to Ajah (Abraham Adesanya Roundabout).

See linked story: https://nairametrics.com/2020/10/30/sanwo-olu-to-flag-off-eti-osa-lekki-epe-expressway-project/
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Police Disperse IPOB Supporters At The FHC, Abuja / Wike Would've Been PDP Presidential Candidate, His Friend Betrayed Him — Wamako / Artistic Wish Of A Boko Haram Victim (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.