Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers (44851 Views)

Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa / Turkish Embassy. / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by OAM4J: 4:01am On Apr 27, 2011
[size=13pt]Turkish Embassy grants visa concession to Nigerian passengers[/size]

Turkish Airlines and the Turkish Embassy have granted visa concession to certain categories of Nigerian passengers travelling to Turkey, a statement by the carrier has said.

According to the statement issued on Tuesday, Nigerian visitors to Turkey with valid visas to United Kingdom, United States of America or European Union countries can obtain their visa to Turkey at the Istanbul Airport if they fly the Turkish carrier.

The General Manager, Turkish Airlines, Nigeria, Mr. Ali Bulut, said in Lagos that beginning from April 20, 2011, such visitors did not necessarily need to apply for visa at the embassy in Abuja as long as they had valid visas to the UK, USA and EU states.

“Visitors to Turkey who fly with Turkish Airlines can get a one-month visa by paying the fee of $20 at the Ataturk Airport, Istanbul. This is part of measures to encourage closer relationship between Nigeria and Turkey which was boosted with the recent exchange visits between the presidents of the two countries.”

Bulut, who resumed duty in Lagos recently, added that ‘plans are on to increase frequencies during summer so as to alleviate the sufferings of travellers during such period.”

He said, “The new concept introduced by the airline to business and economy class is an added value to our high standard in-flight services which will be enjoyed by all our passengers all over the world.”

The new general manager noted that the Ataturk Airport in Istanbul, Turkey had been improving in its operations, especially in passenger handling and information service so as not to have cases of missed flights.

He added that the airline would continue to operate “No Transit Visa” for passengers who would not stay beyond 24hours at the airport as long as they had valid visas to their final destinations.

Turkish Airlines which uses Airbus A330 and A340 on the Istanbul-Lagos route recently signed a firm order for the purchase of 10 Airbus A321s and three A330-200F freighter aircraft to meet its growth plans in the passenger and cargo markets.

The airline has a further 27aircraft on order with Airbus from contracts placed in 2009 and 2010. The new aircraft will join Turkish Airlines’ existing fleet of 75 Airbus aircraft, including four A310 freighters, 50 A320 Family aircraft, 11 A330s, one A330-200F and nine A340s.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110427136364

1 Like

Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by justwise(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2011
One good new 4 9jas, hope we don't abuse it.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by eghost247(m): 6:19am On Apr 28, 2011
Good development hope we dont abuse it
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by chinboy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
at least an european country is giving us frespect.
let us pray we dont abuse the system
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by Yorubah(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2011
Hahahaha 9ja lets go, lol i beg not to do spoil am grin grin grin grin
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kenny33: 2:28pm On May 02, 2011
aH, you people dey foolish o, why dont you read things properly before you take decision, nigerians will only be allow a turkey visa on arrival with other country visa in yr passport (you most have a canada, usa etc visa before you can be permitted to enter turkey and your visa with other country most be valid for more than 6 months) well you still need a visa and if you got there with no documentation or any explanatn for coming to their country

1 Like

Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kenny33: 2:33pm On May 02, 2011
you will be sent back with no document to present at the borders in turkey so do your assigment well before you make the step (and always remeber you need other country valid visa firstly before you will be allowed in)
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by justwise(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2011
kenny33:

aH, you people dey foolish o, why dont you read things properly before you take decision, nigerians will only be allow a turkey visa on arrival with other country visa in yr passport (you most have a canada, usa etc visa before you can be permitted to enter turkey and your visa with other country most be valid for more than 6 months) well you still need a visa and if you got there with no documentation or any explanatn for coming to their country

You are the foolish one here, the point here is that this is a new development, b4 even with 'other country's visa on ur passport u still have to apply for Turkish visa b4 traveling there, but now its not the case

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by ycoxyng: 3:01pm On May 02, 2011
kenny33:

poster, who is foolish here? u dat cannot fill a simple visa form without mistake. u be big fool for saying someone is foolish.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kenny33: 2:35am On May 03, 2011
you are the foolish pple here, i don dey where i won be hehehehe.
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kenny33: 2:38am On May 03, 2011
and you ycoxyng your username sound like your brain hahaha, i dey enjoy now for uk
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by justwise(m): 7:46am On May 03, 2011
kenny33:

you are the foolish pple here, i don dey where i won be hehehehe.

kenny33:

and you ycoxyng your username sound like your brain hahaha, i dey enjoy now for uk

Hahahahahah u managed to learn how fill the visa form?
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by dellnet: 10:30am On May 03, 2011
I dont like turkish airlines they have poor ground service. I don't know if anyone had come across that nasty sales b*tch in sheraton, abuja.
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kenny33: 9:54pm On May 03, 2011
yes, Thank you justuseless
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by damola1: 9:59pm On May 03, 2011
I suppose dem just calculate, what are we doing that's special, compared to america or UK, what?, NOTHING!,

instead of having staff in Niger, and paying heavy bills, why not just outsource management under yankee or jd pali, simple, or you think say JD and yankee dey dash pali ni?
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 04, 2011
@kenny33-its not a 6months valid visa that's required but a 6months valid passport,get ur info ryt.
VISA ON ARRIVAL  

Nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa Countries meeting the following conditions can obtain Turkish visa on arrival: 

- Must have valid visa for usa, uk or eu countried

(only one of them is sufficient)

- Must possess a round-trip ticket of Turkish Airlines

- Must have a passport valid for at least 6 months

- Purpose of the trip must be “business” or “tourism”

- Must have evidence of hotel reservation

- Must have sufficient amount of cash during his/her stay in Turkey (minimum of 50 US Dollars per day)

- Must not be restricted to enter EU Countries, UK, US and Turkey

Visa-on-arrival will be applied in İstanbul Atatürk Airport beginning from April 20, 2011.
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by gentleasia(m): 12:24pm On May 04, 2011
I have a One Year Ukraine Visa (EU) but has expired, Do you think am a beneficiary to the Turkish Visa Concession? because I intend to Visit Turkey soon.
Someone should help me out here.
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by eghost247(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2011
gentleasia:

I have a One Year Ukraine Visa (EU) but has expired, Do you think am a beneficiary to the Turkish Visa Concession? because I intend to Visit Turkey soon.
Someone should help me out here.
Ukraine is not a part of the European Union(EU) Its just an European country so sorry your not beneficiary to the turkey visa concession
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by joxiri: 7:27pm On May 04, 2011
Poster
this is really good news but please can you provide a link of this news and also is this concession for transit passengers connecting to uk, us or eu countries or can you travel directly from uk, eu or us with a Nigerian passport into turkey and obtain a visa in turkey rather than before travelling
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kenny33: 5:51pm On May 05, 2011
ok oo i don ear you ctrume
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by olaroykev: 12:44am On Feb 22, 2012
I wish i can lay hands on those pple that posted replies above, Una no go school?
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by joxiri: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
need some info on this
as on the turkish embassy website it states "businessmen"
what is classified as a businessman here
also has anyone travelled to turkey before
I want to got to turkey on my way back to nigeria in july. i am in the uk atm and wud be returning to nigeria just before my uk visa expires, I still have a valid us visa on my passport with more than a years validity, if I buy a turkish airline return ticket to nigeria stopping over at istanbul for a couple of days will i be issued a visa on arrival in istanbul, i do not intend to stay in istanbul as my brother lives there
can anyone shed any light on this turkish airlines cannot provide any information i cnt speak to anyone on the phone in the consulate either
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by igbanbajo(m): 10:36am On Jun 16, 2012
Noted.

ctrume: @kenny33-its not a 6months valid visa that's required but a 6months valid passport,get ur info ryt.
VISA ON ARRIVAL  

Nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa Countries meeting the following conditions can obtain Turkish visa on arrival: 

- Must have valid visa for usa, uk or eu countried

(only one of them is sufficient)

- Must possess a round-trip ticket of Turkish Airlines

- Must have a passport valid for at least 6 months

- Purpose of the trip must be “business” or “tourism”

- Must have evidence of hotel reservation

- Must have sufficient amount of cash during his/her stay in Turkey (minimum of 50 US Dollars per day)

- Must not be restricted to enter EU Countries, UK, US and Turkey

Visa-on-arrival will be applied in İstanbul Atatürk Airport beginning from April 20, 2011.
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by nnekanwugo: 10:37am On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=igbanbajo]Noted.

Please is this stil applicable?Can someone with 3months visiting visa to UK be eligible for this turkey Visa on arival and do you know how many months visa will be issued at the port of entry!thank you
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by joxiri: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
As far as am aware the visa needs to have been used once otherwise the turkish immigration have no way of verifying its legitimacy

Can some one pls verify if the visa needs to have been used or not
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by wip7: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2013
joxiri: As far as am aware the visa needs to have been used once otherwise the turkish immigration have no way of verifying its legitimacy

Can some one pls verify if the visa needs to have been used or not

The visa must be valid and it can be new or used. Also the Turkish immigration has a genuine way of verifying the visa. Anytime am going to the UK or Germany via Izmir , the immigration in Izmir (Turkey) do collect my passport and take it inside for verification before we proceed. I was also in the same plane with Eriterean national that was returned at Izmir not to fly the Pegasus Airline due to his visa can't be read on their system.
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by zdamilola: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2013
Great
Re: Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers by kzadeniran: 10:18am On Aug 05, 2013
Yes it is a six months visa bt u can only stay for 30days

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Before You Move To Canada / Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead / Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.