Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. (4338 Views)

Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 3:41am On May 12, 2021
Hello everyone!
I have a baby of about 16months now and she is yet to walk. Those that I have seen over the years started walking before 13TH months. I want to know if this is normal and how long will it take for a baby to walk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Vision101(m): 3:46am On May 12, 2021
Is the baby healthy? Some babies start working early while others start late. 16 months delay isn't much.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Duru9(m): 3:46am On May 12, 2021
Let's wait for elders

My mom said my elder stayed almost 2 years before walking

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by PissfulProtester: 3:46am On May 12, 2021
The CDC recommends talking to your child's pediatrician if they're not walking at all by 18 months and not walking steadily by age 2 — so you have plenty of time even if your little one hasn't started showing signs by age 1. ....From Google...

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by mokset123: 4:17am On May 12, 2021
Go see a pediatrician in a hospital, since you are bothered, he or she would be the best person to allay any fear you have concerning your baby

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by chukwuibuipob: 4:22am On May 12, 2021
sad Exercise.He/she will walk but EXERCISE is it.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Richy4(m): 4:41am On May 12, 2021
You did not even give out any information of signs of development ie If she can stand holding onto couches, sofas or moving around holding a table but scared of standing alone/ falling...Just straight up "she can't walk Fullstop" smiley... That's sign of impatient and kids requires all the patients in the world ....

There was those walkers in 80's/ early 90's mothers used to put kids into those days, When they were throwing tantrums, the wheel helps move them around ... I don't even know if they still make those nowadays... See a pediatrician buddy.. she will walk...she's only taking her pretty time

9 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by ChiefSosa(m): 4:42am On May 12, 2021
Baby do me je je je jejelio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by michlins(m): 4:58am On May 12, 2021
Mehn being a parent isn't easy oh. You're worried about your life and that of another person.

Me that walked when I was almost two years must have given my parents nightmares. Leave that child

11 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by tillaman(m): 5:03am On May 12, 2021
She will walk
You have nothing to be scared of as long as she’s healthy

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Gloriagee(f): 5:30am On May 12, 2021
A baby not walking at 16 months is a nightmare for every parent. Apart from seeing a peadetrician, here are a few suggestions I have:
1. Quit carrying the child. Encourage floor time
2. Avoid putting your baby in a rocker. Here's a link to the type of rocker I mean at this age (https://monmartt.com/product/7155/infant-to-toddler-ro) . This will make the child's muscles develop strength.
3. Construct a local walker if u can ( https://reviews.momjunction.com/smile-pick-wooden-baby-walker/). A local carpenter can help with that and make sure the child exercises 3ce daily for about 15 mins.
4. If all else fails, ask to be referred to a physiotherapist that has experience working with children.
5. Above all, pray like mad.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Cutehector(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2021
Give the baby akpu

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by thorpido(m): 9:00am On May 12, 2021
Well,you didn't give details about your baby.Did your baby cry immediately after birth? Was there any history of jaundice or childhood illnesses?
If the answers to the above is negative,then your child will walk with time.

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Foodqueen(f): 10:28am On May 12, 2021
Do u put your baby down very well or carry carry type....

When u put babies down often, the desire of them picking up something they fancy make them move quickly either crawling or walking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by 1F30M4(f): 11:19am On May 12, 2021
It's quite worrisome, I know.. As Richy4 rightly pointed out, you didn't say what she does instead.. Is she crawling everywhere? Attempting to stand but falls each time she tries? Holding onto tables & the sorts? Do you aid her to walk? Truth is, not all babies reach these milestones at the same time, and as such you do need to exercise alot of patience with them..

Keep trying, do not give up, I implore you.. Help her stand, help her move her legs little by little, let her wrap her hands around your leg whenever you stand & walk, help her believe in herself; that it's not too difficult a task and she too can.. Even better, if you have small children around you, when they come by to play with her, she'll be sooo excited to learn & perfect her moves effortlessly.. Also, do not forget to load her with foods containing calcium.. See a paediatrician, if needs be

She will walk, she will for sure.. Before you know it, she's already climbing things, jumping & running around making a mess lol.. Good luck! My regards to your lo smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by LadySarah: 11:47am On May 12, 2021
Can she bear weight on her legs or hold things to move around.If yes no worries but if her legs are wobbly,back to hospital.
Sometimes fear,poor nutrition and slow development plus too much carrying are the culprits.Check them out .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 8:39am On May 13, 2021
Yes she is. hhmmm. Okay
Vision101:
Is the baby healthy? Some babies start working early while others start late. 16 months delay isn't much.
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 8:48am On May 13, 2021
Thanks
Richy4:
You did not even give out any information of signs of development ie If she can stand holding onto couches, sofas or moving around holding a table but scared of standing alone/ falling...Just straight up "she can't walk Fullstop" smiley... That's sign of impatient and kids requires all the patients in the world ....

There was those walkers in 80's/ early 90's mothers used to put kids into those days, When they were throwing tantrums, the wheel helps move them around ... I don't even know if they still make those nowadays... See a pediatrician buddy.. she will walk...she's only taking her pretty time
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
michlins:
Mehn being a parent isn't easy oh. You're worried about your life and that of another person.

Me that walked when I was almost two years must have given my parents nightmares. Leave that child
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by mutter(f): 8:58am On May 13, 2021
daylay7:
Thanks

Exactly!
So much information missing.
A child may have a delay in development in walking but all other areas are fully developed...
It's late and as such you should seek medical advice.
Some children walk with 7 months.
Most are walking by ine year.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 9:13am On May 13, 2021
This is helpful. Thanks
Gloriagee:
A baby not walking at 16 months is a nightmare for every parent. Apart from seeing a peadetrician, here are a few suggestions I have:
1. Quit carrying the child. Encourage floor time
2. Avoid putting your baby in a rocker. Here's a link to the type of rocker I mean at this age (https://monmartt.com/product/7155/infant-to-toddler-ro) . This will make the child's muscles develop strength.
3. Construct a local walker if u can ( https://reviews.momjunction.com/smile-pick-wooden-baby-walker/). A local carpenter can help with that and make sure the child exercises 3ce daily for about 15 mins.
4. If all else fails, ask to be referred to a physiotherapist that has experience working with children.
5. Above all, pray like mad.

Cheers
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Gloriagee(f): 9:27am On May 13, 2021
My pleasure. Sometimes the physiotherapist may have to recommend a cast but hey, stay hopeful and positive.

daylay7:
This is helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by Offpoint1: 5:52pm On May 13, 2021
All these babies wey no dey Waka early na dem dey Waka pass wen dey start to waka
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by johhbekeboh09: 8:29pm On May 13, 2021
daylay7:
Hello everyone!
I have a baby of about 16months now and she is yet to walk. Those that I have seen over the years started walking before 13TH months. I want to know if this is normal and how long will it take for a baby to walk?

Mine wasn't interested to walk at more than 30 months old i had to beg him

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2021
shocked shocked shocked
johhbekeboh09:

Mine wasn't interested to walk at more than 30 months old i had to beg him
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 10:53pm On May 14, 2021
Gloriagee:
My pleasure. Sometimes the physiotherapist may have to recommend a cast but hey, stay hopeful and positive.

Thanks
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 11:00pm On May 14, 2021
LadySarah:
Can she bear weight on her legs or hold things to move around.If yes no worries but if her legs are wobbly,back to hospital.
Sometimes fear,poor nutrition and slow development plus too much carrying are the culprits.Check them out .
I dont think she can bear weight on her leg because each time i help her to stand, her legs will be shaking as if she doesnot have the stamina to stand. But I think with time, she will improve. I said this because any time i help her to walk, she would be lifting her legs as if she want to run. lolz grin
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by chy4luv: 12:48am On May 15, 2021
daylay7:

I dont think she can bear weight on her leg because each time i help her to stand, her legs will be shaking as if she doesnot have the stamina to stand. But I think with time, she will improve. I said this because any time i help her to walk, she would be lifting her legs as if she want to run. lolz grin

Does she stand leaning or holding onto chair?
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by NairalandSARS: 12:52am On May 15, 2021
Not enough calcium in her diet?

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by frozen70(f): 12:29pm On May 15, 2021
daylay7:
Hello everyone!

So far she doesn't have any form of illness or disability, she will walk, just give her time

Every child has his own way of development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 9:38pm On May 15, 2021
frozen70:

So far she doesn't have any form of illness or disability, she will walk, just give her time

Every child has his own way of development

Thanks @frozen70. It has been a while. How are u?
Re: My Baby Is Not Walking Yet. by daylay7(m): 9:39pm On May 15, 2021
NairalandSARS:
Not enough calcium in her diet?

My woman took enough calcium during her pregnancy. Also, the baby is feeding well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Youths. / Advise Me Please !!! / Parent(s) Defending Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.