Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant (24715 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 5:24pm On May 13, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
You should have tell us that is your YouTube video we should watch so that more money will be in your pocket.
Anyway, you try small.

OK bro, I'll do so
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 5:28pm On May 13, 2021
richmond500:
I was expecting an expensive lifestyle

Depends on what you eat, how much you eat, and how many people
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by sheymoni(m): 5:29pm On May 13, 2021
Koryc:
Cool

The holier dumbos up north are crushing bottles of beer while the Emirates are enjoying it.

You dey mind those hypocrites. Even Abu Dhabi a Muslim state named a mosque “Mary mother of Jesus mosque” and it’s surrounded by four churches
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 5:36pm On May 13, 2021
austinelex:
Pls bro when we they lift the travel ban on Nigeria

We are both praying our authorities get active, if our people are serious people, this would have been solved since.

But dem no rate us
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Puhrs: 6:53pm On May 13, 2021
Anyhow
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Lordtunji(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2021
NONNYG:
I disagree on the transportation. Does Abu Dhabi have metro & tram?

Abi Dhabi doesn't have metro or tram cos their population is low and their busses/cabs are efficient for them. Abu Dhabi is like Oshogbo as the OP said

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by micmond: 7:39pm On May 13, 2021
Excellent analysis bro, but it will be a win win situation if you remove that criminality tag on Ajman. E get why.
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Kubernetes: 7:55pm On May 13, 2021
One thing I like Arabs is they don't discriminate about you coming to their country because of religion. Except for Makka in Saudi Arabia which is harbouring the two holiest mosques in the world(Masjid Al-Haram and Masjid Al-Nabawi in Madina). The Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem is the third in the world.
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by temitope27(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2021
bigcee:

How is Ijapo estate? I miss that place.
wonderful place, so neat and peaceful

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:20pm On May 13, 2021
micmond:
Excellent analysis bro, but it will be a win win situation if you remove that criminality tag on Ajman. E get why.

I wish I could, but from experience and testimony from people, make oli leave am like that

From your perspective, tell me why
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:22pm On May 13, 2021
Kubernetes:
One thing I like Arabs is they don't discriminate about you coming to their country because of religion. Except for Makka in Saudi Arabia which is harbouring the two holiest mosques in the world(Masjid Al-Haram and Masjid Al-Nabawi in Madina). The Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem is the third in the world.

You're right
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:48pm On May 13, 2021
cucumbar:
Ask the authorities to lift ban on travel before opening new topics on Dubai. Abi person wan disappear reach there?

According to a report from Thisday, the alleged insistence by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) that only Emirates Airlines would be allowed to operate to Dubai from Nigeria has prompted the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, to deny the Middle East airline the approval to resume flights to Abuja and Lagos.The report says that Sirika may not allow Emirates to resume flight operations to Nigeria until the UAE carrier drops the condition that it should be the only carrier operating from Nigeria. Emirates condition would mean that Air Peace and other carriers such as Ethiopia Airlines, Egypt Air and RwandAir would stop airlifting passengers to Dubai from Nigeria
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:48pm On May 13, 2021
omoowhe:

I tire ooo......na that one nai consign me sef not all these comparison!!!! It's getting frustrating by the day, which kind useless govt b this sef

According to a report from Thisday, the alleged insistence by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) that only Emirates Airlines would be allowed to operate to Dubai from Nigeria has prompted the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, to deny the Middle East airline the approval to resume flights to Abuja and Lagos.The report says that Sirika may not allow Emirates to resume flight operations to Nigeria until the UAE carrier drops the condition that it should be the only carrier operating from Nigeria. Emirates condition would mean that Air Peace and other carriers such as Ethiopia Airlines, Egypt Air and RwandAir would stop airlifting passengers to Dubai from Nigeria
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by omoowhe: 9:12pm On May 13, 2021
Dubaiguy:

See problem
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by IbnBattuta1960: 9:16pm On May 13, 2021
Dubai favours the single.
Bed space is an average of N45k monthly.
500dhs per month should be very ok for feeding.
Moving around in dubai is very easy and convenient.
Indians, Egyptians, and Ethiopians are more likely to get supervisory roles than black.
If you don't have any construction skill, be ready to settle for an average of 1000dhs per month job.
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by numericalguy(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2021
Dubaiguy

Where can you work as a helicopter pilot or aircraft maintenance engineer. Thanks
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by 9jaRealist: 10:12pm On May 13, 2021
Dubaiguy:
Happy Eid-El-Fitr guys. A lot of Nigerians willing to come to UAE have been asking me these questions in my YouTube Videos' comment section and I decided to make an explanatory video plus a thread here about the answer.

Bear in mind that UAE have seven Emirates and of these seven Emirates, in my opinion, these two states - UAE and Abu Dhabi are the best options available to Nigerians.

Please whatever you do, do not go to Ajman. Ajman is like the computer village in Lagos. It is the headquarters of dubious people that act as Agents. It is also popular for other atrocities, and that's why the place is prone to constant raiding by the authorities. Avoid Ajman. My video has more information about this.

Now we have two valid options; Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Which should you go for? Let's compare the features of the two states

1) RENT in Abu Dhabi is higher than the rent in Dubai(even with the hype.. surprised?) This is because Abu is the capital city, has a traditional setting, more Emiratis live there and they keep to the culture.

2) GROCERIES are cheaper in Dubai than Abu Dhabi. This is because there are more stores in Dubai than Abu Dhabi; big stores, supermarkets, small stores, grocery stands etc. Though the difference are not alot, a dirham here and there can make a huge difference.

3) TRANSPORTATION is easier in Abudhabi than Dubai.Abu Dhabi has a well planned road network which makes transport easy. Not also as busy as Dubai. Dubai has a lot of people, tourist attractions, fancy life, and busy lifestyle than Abu. So it's somehow congested. A saying goes " Dubai never sleeps, while Abu sleeps in the night"

4) JOBS? There is nowhere you stay in UAE that you can't get jobs. But from experience, Dubai has higher job opportunities than Abu, since it's like the hubbub of the emirate, many organizations and companies abound there.

5) SECURITY Abu Dhabi is more secure than Dubai. In fact, Abu Dhabi for some time now have been ranking as safest or second safest state in the world. Not that Dubai isn't very safe, but Abu ranks higher.

6) ENVIRONMENT FOR RAISING FAMILY Abu is much more quiet than Dubai ; Abu Dhabi is more like Ibadan or Osogbo while Dubai is like Lagos. Abu Dhabi has better greenery and more relaxed. While Dubai has more places to visit, centers of attraction.

7) LAW As expected, Abu Dhabi has stricter laws than Dubai. Before, you got to be 21 years or older before you can buy an alcohol in Abu but just 18 years in DUBAI. Though generally alcohol consumption rules has been relaxed, More Emiratis stay in Abu Dhabi and are more conservative.

For the sake of Nairalanders who don't read much, I will stop here, covered other info like salary, fancy life, beaches and other options in the source.

So where will you like to stay? You just have to compare the options and consider your preferences too. What's your purpose for coming to UAE? Jobs? Tourism? Fancy life or to raise a family? I hope this video helps you make a good choice. Please if you enjoy this, or learnt from it, don't forget to support my ministry (like/subscribe)

Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3D34L-G0E

Why would anyone want to live/stay in Abu Dhabi if you could live/stay in Dubai?! shocked
>
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by moneyissweet(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2021
If you want to enjoy Dubai stay in diera and rent a house in mamtakar hamdan.
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 11:43pm On May 13, 2021
numericalguy:
Dubaiguy

Where can you work as a helicopter pilot or aircraft maintenance engineer. Thanks

Air Arabia PJSC
BOMBARDIER
AEROTRANSCARGO FZE
Falcon Aviation
Adecco

I can remember this for now
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 11:44pm On May 13, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:
Dubai favours the single.
Bed space is an average of N45k monthly.
500dhs per month should be very ok for feeding.
Moving around in dubai is very easy and convenient.
Indians, Egyptians, and Ethiopians are more likely to get supervisory roles than black.
If you don't have any construction skill, be ready to settle for an average of 1000dhs per month job.

Dubai favors the single? How?
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 11:47pm On May 13, 2021
9jaRealist:

Why would anyone want to live/stay in Abu Dhabi if you could live/stay in Dubai?! shocked
>

Abu Dhabi is more natural, calmer, green, family friendly, traditional, pays more.......
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by NONNYG: 4:20am On May 14, 2021
Lordtunji:

Abi Dhabi doesn't have metro or tram cos their population is low and their busses/cabs are efficient for them. Abu Dhabi is like Oshogbo as the OP said
I've lived in UAE for over 5 years & I've been in all the Emirates. Yeah there's no much population in Abu Dhabi compare to Dubai but that's not the context of the discussion, OP is being biased, how can he compare the transportation system without mentioning metro & tram, very effective & cheap.

Do you know about the hyperloop project?

You can Google it

As for it's Dubai all the way..
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by micmond: 5:58am On May 14, 2021
Dubaiguy:

I wish I could, but from experience and testimony from people, make oli leave am like that

From your perspective, tell me why

tagging them as a no go area is a form of red flag to that emerging city. It's hampers the medical and Educational tourism people can access, Ajman has so much positives going for them. The pockets of violence in Ajman is not so pronounced to earn them that tag, Dubai,Sharjah, fujaira, Umm- al quain and Rak has similar form of violence. And most times Nigerians in those places are the culprits.
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:58am On May 14, 2021
You forgot to tell them, uae accommodation are extremely expensive a room studio house goes for 300k per month outside downtown area but if u want cheap place to sleep.. student iron bed space full of bedbugs filled with 5 others occupants goes for 80k to 90k per month
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by IbnBattuta1960: 8:31am On May 14, 2021
Dubaiguy:

Dubai favors the single? How?
A married man would definitely want to send money to his family.
If you decided to rough it there and send money, you might end up a stranger to your kids.
If you don't have any skill, it's even worse. The struggle is even harder.
An unmarried doesn't have such distractions.
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:54am On May 14, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
You forgot to tell them, uae accommodation are extremely expensive a room studio house goes for 300k per month outside downtown area but if u want cheap place to sleep.. student iron bed space full of bedbugs filled with 5 others occupants goes for 80k to 90k per month

My first video on the channel did that.... Thanks
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:56am On May 14, 2021
micmond:

tagging them as a no go area is a form of red flag to that emerging city. It's hampers the medical and Educational tourism people can access, Ajman has so much positives going for them. The pockets of violence in Ajman is not so pronounced to earn them that tag, Dubai,Sharjah, fujaira, Umm- al quain and Rak has similar form of violence. And most times Nigerians in those places are the culprits.

Appreciate your response and agree with your point of view.

We all need to do something on the Bolden, but there is more to this that I'll discuss soon.

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 8:58am On May 14, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

A married man would definitely want to send money to his family.
If you decided to rough it there and send money, you might end up a stranger to your kids.
If you don't have any skill, it's even worse. The struggle is even harder.
An unmarried doesn't have such distractions.

I guess you r ryt to an extent, though I got here single and became double after sometime, and I have couple of friends like that too. Its a huge topic when we dive into relationships and stuff
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Dubaiguy: 9:03am On May 14, 2021
NONNYG:
I've lived in UAE for over 5 years & I've been in all the Emirates. Yeah there's no much population in Abu Dhabi compare to Dubai but that's not the context of the discussion, OP is being biased, how can he compare the transportation system without mentioning metro & tram, very effective & cheap.

Do you know about the hyperloop project?

You can Google it

As for it's Dubai all the way..

Did you say biased? Like seriously?

I'm talking about ease of transportation and I still stand on my point that AD is better than Dubai.

You talking about hyperloop?

Hahahaha, anyways I know about it, and Dat doesn't even come into dis discussion.

Do you have an idea roughly the % of people working and Dubai and staying in AD and vice versa?
Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 14, 2021
Dubaiguy:

Abu Dhabi is more natural, calmer, green, family friendly, traditional, pays more.......

Agree with you on this one, Abu Dhabi is for the rich and calm who love their serenity.
If you have been at Moh Bin Zayer City, you will understand that money is good ,the type of duplexes there and the architecture are a beauty.

Deira is Lagos Island, Sharjah is for hard people but things are cheaper in Sharjah than Dubai.

Dubai is for gbogbo ero, if you think nigerians are the only crooked people,wait till you meet Pakistanis, thet are horrible.
If you think Nigerian girls are the only ones doing runs there, wait till you meet Zimbabweans and Kenyans

Dubai is great for tourism and shopping
Next time you go shopping in dubai, go to Day2Day behind metro, you go shop tire, the discounts are crazy.

Will choose AD over dubai anyday,anytime

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant by Andercruz: 2:09am On May 15, 2021
How much would one actually save up to move to Dubai, especially a university leaver.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / Train Carrying Soft Drinks Derails In Kaduna Killing Driver / Advice On Study In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.