Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records (45971 Views)

GANI ADAMS - Authorise Me To Go After Yoruba Monarchs’ Killers / David Hundeyin Replies A Nairaland Topic / Senator Kalu Replies Akpabio Over NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Xpol: 1:20am On May 15, 2021
Blackfriday:
I seriously marvel at the little boy ignorance. This Telcos do this and they have the backing of the law for it, it's no news but they can never think of releasing such documents (cos it's a breach of privacy agreement they sigh on to), unless it concern national security even at that, it will take the highest law authority to issue a subpoena for it to be gotten but do all of this Telcos have record of your conversations?.......YES.

They should ask themselves, how all this loan companies in Nigeria have all the information about them once you sign on to use their service, from your contacts list, to your call logs, to your messages....once you agree to their T&C's, your informations are immediately synchronized with the telephone number you use in making the loan application.
Thanks boss ignorance is really a disease, it makes the eyes wide opened without seeing anything and it also suppresses the ability of the brain full functionality. Only God is omniscience. A normal human should be ready to learn new things.being used to blind argument also Kills the brain.
WaffenSS peace bro
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Fantasial: 2:11am On May 15, 2021
design106:
cool
Here's the thing. Authorizing the release of the voice notes will confirm 2 things.
1. That Network Providers actually record private call sessions between paying customers without their permission.
2. Make everyone realize that there's nothing like privacy when it comes to the network providers who we trust with our funds and data.

Maybe they're both the same thing but you get the point.
Look for the right and legal means to get your facts else you'll just be the same as the evil people who are fighting to keep this matter silenced.

Best of luck though.

They are permitted by law to keep recorded conversation for about 5 years or so.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 6:38am On May 15, 2021
Fantasial:

They are permitted by law to keep recorded conversation for about 5 years or so.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 6:54am On May 15, 2021
donaldwhal:
But there were terms and conditions you didn’t border to read, which you just accepted. Part of the conditions was that they can store your data in whatever forms they like and use the data for certain things.
Many a time, we all click on ACCEPT when signing up for app or downloading a software or registering on a website. We never bordered to read thru those long and tiny terms and conditions. So it would be tough to sue network providers that they are using your data for what you didn’t ask them to use it for.

I'm not saying they'd be sued.
Just saying that confirming the fact that there are recordings will probably make the customers lose trust regardless of the fact that they didn't read the terms of service.
That's never good for business. See what happened to Whatsapp. Good thing they're a huge company and had the required funds to get ahead of the matter.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Gordson: 6:55am On May 15, 2021
WaffenSS:
This hundeyin creep is a fool.

Who ever told him any Telco records phone calls?

He's calling into question his own over-inflated sense of intelligence.
You are a bigger fool if you think they don't have it.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 6:57am On May 15, 2021
LeJeun3:

Sometimes it’s okay to talk anyhow…..

However, lemme ask you. Have you ever read terms and conditions when buying a SIM card, or registering on any network……

Have you called the customer service line and heard ‘’ this call may be recorded for training purposes”, did you end the call after hearing that?!

Take the networks to court ��

Learn to read well Oga.
Using a red font won't make you sound smarter.

When you Call Customer care, they notify you that it will be recorded. That's because you're calling them.
What's their business with Calls made from one Customer to another?

And where did I say anyone should take them to court?
Nonsense.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 6:58am On May 15, 2021
kode12:

Telecoms providers keep records of call log, not the actual calls. So there's a log of who initiated the call, the numbers called, the duration and location of both parties. It is technically infeasible to keep an audio record of the audio conversations of all customers. An exception to this would be where an individual was under prior investigation, hence being monitored more closely.
Akpabio or Pantami cannot simply request call records be released. It'd require a court order issued by a judge. But make no mistakes, privacy is an illusion. Nothing is private.

Thank you. You're one of the people that have made sense since.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 7:13am On May 15, 2021
doyin01:
ignorance is a disease....calls made are automatically saved on the servers of telecom providers...that is done worldwide...how did you think bill Cosby phone conversations was collected from the service providers which was used as an evidence to nail him during the rape saga??the only fact is that it is illegal for the network providers to release the phone conversations without a court order....

I do like Nairaland for things like this. They Challenge you to be less ignorant about things.
The claim you made about Bill Cosby is false. Just spent some minutes reading up on his trial.
The calls were recorded by the Gianna Constand who he was on the phone with. She recorded the second call and not the first one he made to her. And this was allowed in Court because The Canadian Town Ontario which she was in actually allows recordings as long as there was consent from one party which was Gianna in this case.

If it was recorded in a 2 party consent state, that recording would have been thrown out in Court.

Now, tell me something else I'm Ignorant about and stop using made up stories to buttress your point.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 7:17am On May 15, 2021
Missyajoke:

Do you have sense at all, they killed an innocent girl and you keep been bitchy about it. May such befall your close family relatives. Those people are paying medias heavily to cover up this case. You don't have conscience at all.

Yeah. Go on an emotional rant as you don't have the brainpower to cook up anything better.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 7:22am On May 15, 2021
Kishkosh:

Dude, do you read your T&Cs when you get new sim?
Do you know what "third-party doctrine" is? . Anyways, there's nothing new in network providers recording customers calls

No. I had no idea.
Just looked it up. Quite a long read and I'll go through the links I found. Thanks.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by SirLakes: 7:35am On May 15, 2021
It's very possible telcoms have all calls recorded, we might as well think it's not possible cos of the cost of storing and all that. These calls can be encrypted in bits to save cost and can be decrypted when there's need for it.

Haaahaa, theories flying everywhere grin grin
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2021
Gordson:

You are a bigger fool if you think they don't have it.

Your father is the biggest fool for spawning you
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2021
Xpol:
Thanks boss ignorance is really a disease, it makes the eyes wide opened without seeing anything and it also suppresses the ability of the brain full functionality. Only God is omniscience. A normal human should be ready to learn new things.being used to blind argument also Kills the brain.
WaffenSS peace bro

You and the person you're quoting are just silly
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2021
Blackfriday:
I seriously marvel at the little boy ignorance. This Telcos do this and they have the backing of the law for it, it's no news but they can never think of releasing such documents (cos it's a breach of privacy agreement they sigh on to), unless it concern national security even at that, it will take the highest law authority to issue a subpoena for it to be gotten but do all of this Telcos have record of your conversations?.......YES.

They should ask themselves, how all this loan companies in Nigeria have all the information about them once you sign on to use their service, from your contacts list, to your call logs, to your messages....once you agree to their T&C's, your informations are immediately synchronized with the telephone number you use in making the loan application.

You're dumb too.

Your loan companies get your information directly from your phone. That's why when you install their apps, you're asked to give those apps permission to read your sms, get your location, access your contacts, etc. You willingly give them access to your information by granting those permissions.

You claim that telcos are backed by law to record conversations. Kindly tell us what law that is, since all laws in Nigeria are public knowledge.

There's even regulation against telcos giving out your phone number to telemarketers in order to protect your privacy, yet you idiots keep deluding yourselves that telcos record calls.

Ask yourself this:

What would ot mean for your country's national security if private entities and foreign businesses have access to all calls made by citizens, including government and security agents.

You think anyone with half a brain will even consider using their phone to conduct their personal, business, medical affairs knowing fully well that MTN or Airtel agents can just eavesdrop or playback recordings of the conversation?

Seriously, you people are either innately and inherently demented, or you're just slowly losing your brain power. Either way, you're all very silly and ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Xpol: 8:58am On May 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

You and the person you're quoting are just silly
lol e pain am. Please don’t give yourself hypertension oh because I’m just laughing at you here ni o
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by doyin01: 9:26am On May 15, 2021
design106:

I do like Nairaland for things like this. They Challenge you to be less ignorant about things.
The claim you made about Bill Cosby is false. Just spent some minutes reading up on his trial.
The calls were recorded by the Gianna Constand who he was on the phone with. She recorded the second call and not the first one he made to her. And this was allowed in Court because The Canadian Town Ontario which she was in actually allows recordings as long as there was consent from one party which was Gianna in this case.

If it was recorded in a 2 party consent state, that recording would have been thrown out in Court.

Now, tell me something else I'm Ignorant about and stop using made up stories to buttress your point.
are you okay at all??truly you are ignorant...so you think bill cosby only had one trials??like in your myopic mind you think gianna constand case is the only one bill cosby had gone through before??olodo
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 9:33am On May 15, 2021
doyin01:
are you okay at all??truly you are ignorant...so you think bill cosby only had one trials??like in your myopic mind you think gianna constand case is the only one bill cosby had gone through before??olodo

I have tried to be respectful in this but you no want get sense.
Just link me to one of them. Just send me one link.

You've only talked since without backing them up.
Really show me the Olodo in this conversation

1 Like

Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by doyin01: 9:47am On May 15, 2021
design106:

I have tried to be respectful in this but you no want get sense.
Just link me to one of them. Just send me one link.

You've only talked since without backing them up.
Really show me the Olodo in this conversation
start from here,it will lead you to several links...[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_sexual_assault_cases#:~:text=Cosby's%20first%20trial%20in%20June,cost%20of%20the%20prosecution%2C%20%2443%2C611.[/url]
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Proton99: 9:57am On May 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

You either have no idea what a database is, or you're deluded about people's rights to privacy.

You need not attack me anon. This is close to my line of work and it was utilized to resolve a classified issue that I'm not sure will reach the media anytime in the near future.

My friend was transferred from the Effccc unit and the mole retired.

Damn privacy. Don't be naive about it anon. As long as you use the tech, forget your privacy. The winning move is not to play the game at all.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 9:57am On May 15, 2021
doyin01:
start from here,it will lead you to several links...[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_sexual_assault_cases#:~:text=Cosby's%20first%20trial%20in%20June,cost%20of%20the%20prosecution%2C%20%2443%2C611.[/url]

Oga, give me a link to the case where Bill Cosby was nailed by Conversations that was recorded by his Service Provider.
The link you posted still proves my point which is that the recording was made by Constand's mother.

Below is the only instance in the link you sent that mentioned anything relating to a recorded conversation.
On September 16, O'Neill ruled that the recorded call between Constand's mother and Cosby would be allowed to be played in court. In his ruling he said that since the call was recorded in Canada, which deems recordings lawful with consent from only one party, it would be admissible.

1 Like

Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Blackfriday: 10:55am On May 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

You're dumb too.

Your loan companies get your information directly from your phone. That's why when you install their apps, you're asked to give those apps permission to read your sms, get your location, access your contacts, etc. You willingly give them access to your information by granting those permissions.

You claim that telcos are backed by law to record conversations. Kindly tell us what law that is, since all laws in Nigeria are public knowledge.

There's even regulation against telcos giving out your phone number to telemarketers in order to protect your privacy, yet you idiots keep deluding yourselves that telcos record calls.

Ask yourself this:

What would ot mean for your country's national security if private entities and foreign businesses have access to all calls made by citizens, including government and security agents.

You think anyone with half a brain will even consider using their phone to conduct their personal, business, medical affairs knowing fully well that MTN or Airtel agents can just eavesdrop or playback recordings of the conversation?

Seriously, you people are either innately and inherently demented, or you're just slowly losing your brain power. Either way, you're all very silly and ignorant.

Honestly I love how macho you feel, hope you exhibit this traits in real life though.

Asked you a question, which you haven't answered.

Can a Telco provide a transcript of recorded conversation of it's customer, if subpoenaed for it?
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2021
Blackfriday:
Honestly I love how macho you feel, hope you exhibit this traits in real life though.

Asked you a question, which you haven't answered.

Can a Telco provide a transcript of recorded conversation of it's customer, if subpoenaed for it?

They cannot provide any transcript because they do not have it, they do not have it because they don't have access to conversations, nor do they record same.

Every single citizen is entitled to his privacy backed by law. Have you not heard about the endless furor surrounding social media companies and the privacy of users? Have you not heard about the running battle between the FBI and Apple about unlocking phones of criminals and apple insisting on the privacy rights of the phone owners backed by law.

I asked you before and I'll ask you again:

What kind of society will allow private foreign companies to tap into the private and intimate conversations of people and record same?
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2021
Proton99:

You need not attack me anon. This is close to my line of work and it was utilized to resolve a classified issue that I'm not sure will reach the media anytime in the near future.

My friend was transferred from the Effccc unit and the mole retired.

Damn privacy. Don't be naive about it anon. As long as you use the tech, forget your privacy. The winning move is not to play the game at all.

The more you talk, the more moronic you fortunately come across, which serves to reduce my workload of schooling fools.

I know your type, those online irritants who always claim to be close to the subject of the argument without a shred of proof.

You have no frickin idea who I is, nor what I do, so leave your hallucinations out of this and focus on logic.

No damn telecommunications company can listen to your conversation because first of all your calls are digital and encrypted. Second no laws allow telcos to listen in or record you, but there are laws that protect your privacy.

Security agencies can only have access to call logs such as calling and receiving parties, duration, cell towers and base stations involved, etc. But not the actual call. The only type of message recorded are voice mails, and even those are not accessible to the telecom provider as they're protected and encrypted.

I dare anyone in this forum to provide proof contrary to above.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Blackfriday: 11:47am On May 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

They cannot provide any transcript because they do not have it, they do not have it because they don't have access to conversations, nor do they record same.

Every single citizen is entitled to his privacy backed by law. Have you not heard about the endless furor surrounding social media companies and the privacy of users? Have you not heard about the running battle between the FBI and Apple about unlocking phones of criminals and apple insisting on the privacy rights of the phone owners backed by law.

I asked you before and I'll ask you again:

What kind of society will allow private foreign companies to tap into the private and intimate conversations of people and record same?

Alright, thank you. Conversation is done.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2021
Xpol:
lol e pain am. Please don’t give yourself hypertension oh because I’m just laughing at you here ni o

You're laughing at me, the world is laughing at you.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Aeg0n: 7:26pm On May 15, 2021
design106:
cool
Here's the thing. Authorizing the release of the voice notes will confirm 2 things.
1. That Network Providers actually record private call sessions between paying customers without their permission.
2. Make everyone realize that there's nothing like privacy when it comes to the network providers who we trust with our funds and data.

Maybe they're both the same thing but you get the point.
Look for the right and legal means to get your facts else you'll just be the same as the evil people who are fighting to keep this matter silenced.

Best of luck though.

While it is known to very few, all the activities carried out on your SIM are being logged from calls to texts and data but only the top executives have the clearance to it.
Yet, the privacy policy binds them to have access to it except it is crucial to an investigation and can only be released by the courts authorization.

Those in telecommunications would agree that even a mobile phone can be tracked using a cell tower (Mast)

1 Like

Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Proton99: 10:12pm On May 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

The more you talk, the more moronic you fortunately come across, which serves to reduce my workload of schooling fools.

I know your type, those online irritants who always claim to be close to the subject of the argument without a shred of proof.

You have no frickin idea who I is, nor what I do, so leave your hallucinations out of this and focus on logic.

No damn telecommunications company can listen to your conversation because first of all your calls are digital and encrypted. Second no laws allow telcos to listen in or record you, but there are laws that protect your privacy.

Security agencies can only have access to call logs such as calling and receiving parties, duration, cell towers and base stations involved, etc. But not the actual call. The only type of message recorded are voice mails, and even those are not accessible to the telecom provider as they're protected and encrypted.

I dare anyone in this forum to provide proof contrary to above.

Okay anon. No need to get confrontational here.

You can't and you won't get anything here. Of what use will it be to convince you with one? Why should I even attempt that even if I can? We sometimes work hard enough to find certain things if they don't come to us by accident or when someone in possession of that thing decides to share with us. Let's assume you have it with you right now, what can you do with it? How long can you hold it without losing your life? Some individuals can never or will never know about certain things and, to be frank with you anon, you don't deserve to know anything about this subject. Some information are restricted from the net and public domain. Keep an open mind.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by LeJeun3: 11:47pm On May 15, 2021
design106:

Learn to read well Oga.
Using a red font won't make you sound smarter.

When you Call Customer care, they notify you that it will be recorded. That's because you're calling them.
What's their business with Calls made from one Customer to another?

And where did I say anyone should take them to court?
Nonsense.

Very convenient to show your stupidity in public....

First you ignored the terms and conditions I mention and jumped to call center, have you read the terms of using a line with any of the networks??

Since you have selective blindness, the color is brown and not red.

Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 9:25am On May 16, 2021
Aeg0n:

While it is known to very few, all the activities carried out on your SIM are being logged from calls to texts and data but only the top executives have the clearance to it.
Yet, the privacy policy binds them to have access to it except it is crucial to an investigation and can only be released by the courts authorization.

Those in telecommunications would agree that even a mobile phone can be tracked using a cell tower (Mast)

I am not saying calls can't be tracked. Other forms of data are also collected. Your call cannot be recorded by your Service Provider except in cases where you are a man of interest in which case a Court Order is required to start recording your calls.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by design106: 10:25am On May 16, 2021
LeJeun3:

Very convenient to show your stupidity in public....

First you ignored the terms and conditions I mention and jumped to call center, have you read the terms of using a line with any of the networks??

Since you have selective blindness, the color is brown and not red.

I already spent the previous day arguing with someone about this too and they couldn't provide any proof.
All you need to do is provide a quote from the terms of service that you can't stop talking about which says they're allowed to record your conversations at will.

And the reason I mentioned the Call Center notifying you about the call being recorded is this: If they already have the right like you said from the terms of service, why then do they notify you when you call them?

And finally, out of all the persons that have quoted me talking about terms of service, none of them have been able to provide the quote or even a link to the full thing. None. I pray you prove me wrong. Nonsense.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by Gordson: 5:53pm On May 19, 2021
WaffenSS:

Your father is the biggest fool for spawning you
Your father is a useless man who didn't know he should have used a condom to avoid bringing a disaster (you) into this world.
Re: Hundeyin Replies Akpabio: Authorise MTN, Airtel To Release Voice Records by WaffenSS(m): 7:09pm On May 19, 2021
Gordson:

Your father is a useless man who didn't know he should have used a condom to avoid bringing a disaster (you) into this world.

Took you 4 days to get 10mb to respond back, you poor fukk.

Unfortunately this train has long since left the station.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Drunk Policeman Seen At Cele Bus-stop, Surulere / INEC Voters Completed Registration Update (Photos) / Edo: Why We Disqualified Obaseki, Ogiemwonyi, Iduoriyekemwen ― APC Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.