Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? (40666 Views)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by hstar: 7:52am On May 16, 2021
nuggarito:
Never had a roomie in the uni days, Nysc days and even now. I had to be alone after a clear understanding of the human nature.

We can be friends but you should keep your distance.
grin grin
My kind of person grin grin grin grin

No time for unnecessary drama and malice
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by femijay8271(m): 8:14am On May 16, 2021
Lamanii22:

Same hereeee... I detest the name so much.... It's not even pleasing to the ears.... I can't even date anyone who bears that name...
All the Segun wey I know enh...na only God Almighty fit save them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by LekanSaheed(m): 8:22am On May 16, 2021
Ik

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Psoul(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2021
mespusinglez:
Let's reflect on the bad experience we've ever had with a room during ou staying with them grin

My room mate will always disappear whenever there is bill to pay, no maintenance...always buying clothes and shoes but can't bring money for us to cook a good meal...it was a terrible experience jare

Over to you guys
Drop yours

Rocktation
Farano

Mine was when I was still a bachelor.
Right from time, I love space.
I don't normally get an apartment that is small.
Then, I had a 3-bedroom flat with 2 toilets and 2 bathrooms.

There was this guy. He came to me and begged that I should help him by renting a room in my apartment to him. I told him that I don't like living wt people. He begged and sounded so good. He even had to contact one of the ladies that live in the same building who he claimed is like a sister since they came from the same town. The lady came begging on his behalf.

I agreed to rent a room since the apartment is 3bedroom and I was a bachelor.
I charged him far below what the landlord charged if we are to estimate the rent per room.
He paid part of the rent and told me that he will pay the remaining later when he packed in.
I had no problem with this since money was not my problem and I did not rent the place to raise money.
He packed in but did not pay the balance till the period he paid for elapsed. I do reminded him of his balance but he kept playing pranks.

This guy started coming back home at odd hrs. Coming to knock on the door around 12 midnight and beyond. I will wake up to open the door for him. This continued until I started complaining to him of that behaviour. He did not change.
At a point he got into trouble wt one of his numerous girlfriends that he brought home that night. He was arrested for rape. Taken to Police early in the morning and was taken to Court the next day. It was me that brought a surety that granted him bail from prisons when after the 1st hearing he was granted bail and taken to prison till the bail condition was fulfilled.
Let me leave this side of the story cos it is too long with many twists.

The annoying part of this ungrateful guy was that he summoned the courage to go to my Landlord and told him that he wants to be paying him directly for that one room he is occupying in my flat. The Landlord was so furious about this act. He walked him out of his house. Note that the Landlord was not living in the same building with us. He lives in a different estate from ours.
The man later called me and told me to be careful of that guy I gave a room in the flat. He told me what he came to him to request for.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Sarcasm44: 10:32am On May 16, 2021
ademuyiwa20:
We wey no get room mate, abeg make we gather dey read comments �� grin grin cheesy

I tell you oh �
Lol
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by PrisonEscapee(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2021
jaydeevaa:
mine was a sweet loving lady except for the fact that her boyfriend comes to sleep over sometimes and whenever he does, I have to sleep in the neighbor's house.
One afternoon I was pretending to be asleep when they came in kissing, necking and all. I heard her say they could take one part of the bed, that was when I spread my legs to cover the entire bed, thinking they would change their minds. They actually changed their minds and went to do their thing in our small bathroom. really crazy girl. Minutes later, she came out of the bathroom holding the used rubber in her hands. She dumped it in the trash can that was in the kitchen. I just made sure I quickly finished the clearance I came for and left school b4 I witness more crazy moments. But she's a very good cook.
Kai, this kind thing dey sweet me die. cheesy
When they were doing the thing in the bathroom did you hear her moaning?

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by ugwumichael(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2021
emonis88:

Well still what we say there r good n bad people in every tribe, He was thinking he was sharp but when u displayed that u knew what was going on he played d stingy igboman card . But he never asked himself if he was doing anything wrong. So he was aware of what he was doing.

Kpele, "advocate of no stereotyping", really?
And you just said stingy "Igbo man card".
You were just waiting for him to say Igbo then you will start your fucking stereotyping.
You are just a fucking tribalist bro
Hypocrite
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by emonis88: 11:41am On May 16, 2021
ugwumichael:

Kpele, "advocate of no stereotyping", really?
And you just said stingy "Igbo man card".
You were just waiting for him to say Igbo then you will start your fucking stereotyping.
You are just a fucking tribalist bro
Hypocrite
Olodo, u just come online to talk trash, or u r inching to pick a fight with me? And u don't know who I m , so u do not even know d motive behind what I say n how I put my words. U r d type that gives a people a bad name. Now keep quiet on issues u know nothing about, Ode!!!!
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by ugwumichael(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2021
emonis88:

Olodo, u just come online to talk trash, or u r inching to pick a fight with me? And u don't know who I m , so u do not even know d motive behind what I say n how I put my words. U r d type that gives a people a bad name. Now keep quiet on issues u know nothing about, Ode!!!!

Pick a fight with you? grin grin grin grin
I don't need to know who you are or your motive.
Your tribal sentiment can be perceived from thousands of miles away, from your comment.
How you put your words already gave you a bad name and not me.
#shalom
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by shamsin6300(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2021
jaydeevaa:

3 is a crowd

sad
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by myles16(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2021
Lamanii22:

Same hereeee... I detest the name so much.... It's not even pleasing to the ears.... I can't even date anyone who bears that name...

Wale nko??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Womanizer(m): 12:19pm On May 16, 2021
bolagabriella:
I had several.

I didn't have anywhere to stay when i gained admission so i had to scot with an acquittance of my sister till i got my place. When i got there, turns out this acquittance also had a roommate. They were both older than me. I was not all the way confortable but we got along quite well. I stayed with them for about two month. I'm an introvert, so i no dey pass my boundary. They shared the chores, so i do my own part but they insisted on been the one to go to market and do the cooking. We calculate what is needed and i contribute my share. Nobody is a glutton. We were cool till the day i left.

I met my second roommate in the bus while going back to school. I heard her and her aunt discussing about it in the bus. It turned out that she was given late admission,so she was just resuming a month to exam. They were talking about her staying in a hotel till she got an apartment. I shook mouth for their matter inside the bus and ask her to stay with me till then. Turns out she was a very wonderful lady. We were namesakes, and thankfully compartible. We did not agree on anything like foodstuffs, chores or the like. But we just seem to read each other's mind about what is needed to be done or bought and we do or buy it. She later left when she gained admission to unilorin, she preferred it to my school (UNAD) cos it has the muslim vibe. She is a muslim, i am a christian.

My third roomie was cool. A little bit older than i but we got along well. She doesn't like cooking so i did most of the cooking. The vibe i had with her was like that of my second roomie. We do practically everything together.

My fourth roomie came to do admission processing in my school while i was in year 2. She wanted to stay with me till her admission clicked but i codedly sent her packing after a week. She was my street friend. They didn't have much, so most times she eats in my place. She wanted to go to Ekpoma cos she is from delta but was having issues with admission then cos her parents were not financially strong to pay for runs. So i told her i could help with my connect in my school if she likes and she could stay in my place rent free for 1 year. Long story short she came for post utme, and she was eating anyhow like we were at home. Then she will insult me stylishly. The insults did not move me cos i was used to it but the foodstuffs...nah. the food that will take me 1 week to consume, she consumes within 2days[size=8pt][/size]. She like her tea very thick, she can eat five times a day even for midnight, and she expects me to do the cooking. I will go to school and come back, she no go cook but she would have ate all the junks she can find in the house or go out to buy. She will spend her money buying viju and maltina, but will still wait for me to come back and buy pure water. One faithful day, i went to one of my hostel mate room to watch movie. We went together but she left arond that 11pm. When i got back, around 1am, the babe don lock door. I knocked, and babe was grumbling that why did i come back, sey i for stay where i dey come from. I laughed. She opened the door and i realize she was cooking rice and beans. I didn't say anything, i just slept. In the morning, i wanted to eat and i was like let me just warm the remaining rice and beans she cooked. I realized the babe just cooked her own rice and beans. She was not even considerate of the money i had to spend on kerosene then. She woke up and was asking me what we would eat. I just lock up. After her post utme, i just ask her to leave that i need to start preparing for my exams. She didn't later got admitted cos she has two sittings and my school only accept one. But we are still good till date.

My fifth roomates was in my final year. I had ro stay with two of my coursemate then cos of my research work. They live closer to school. We didn't have issues with food and chores, even when we argue about what to eat, buy or who to cook, we sort it out immediately. The only issue we had was based on my temperament. I am an introvert while they were both extroverts. Live was hell for me while i was with them but in a good way. They wouldn't leave me alone when i needed to ve left alone. they sleep early and wake up early while i sleep late and wake up late. When they are awake, they will start disturbing me with gist. I will tell them I'm not ready to talk in the morning but they won't leave me be. I will tell them I don't eat early till around 12pm, they will start disturbing me about breakfast aroung 5am. They were both crazy but i love them die. They still drive me crazy and I'm still not used to their craziness but we get along just fine.

My sixth roomie was doing nysc. The babe was okay too but we no just gel. We never quarrel or argue but she felt slighted that i don't share personal stuffs with her. She felt i was secretive, and i felt like she was nosy.

My seventh roomie was just annoying. She belongs to the category of people that feels they have a right to something. Cos she is older, she feels i should be the one to cook and do chores like I'm a servant. When she will wake up earlier than me, she will not cook but wait till i wake. If i no gree wake early, she will come and wake me that i should come and cook cos she is hungry. She is also nosy.

Seven different room mates at seven different times? shocked

Only you?

You were a real Nomadic student grin
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by HitlerGaddafi: 1:25pm On May 16, 2021
mashad:
Well, I don't know if I should call him a bad room mate. We had series of argument right from the first day. After Baba mop floor, u can't walk in the room again. I mean, am I supposed to start flying around the room because you mop the floor??

At the bolded? grin I can relate. I just remember my days in the university. Once this guy starts mopping floor like this you dare not step on it no matter how clean your legs are.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by HitlerGaddafi: 1:36pm On May 16, 2021
efeski:
Lived alone in uni but had to accommodate a friend in my finals, who then brought his friend (Jo) so we was three in my selfcon.

We got along quite well but the closest thing to this topic I'll share below.

So we went to a friend's family compound for his graduation party. Trust yorubas to throw down a good bash.
Lots of food and booze so all three of us and another friend of ours went and had all the fun that can last one for a whole weekend.
If my memory serves me right, the four of us downed a bottle of Johnny Walker Black label coupled to the beers we had.

So we left for home, all plastered and on getting to the street junction, Jo suggests we branch a nearby bar and do another round of beer. He'll pay, so he said.

At the bar we called another guy to come join us and we all had 2 bottles each before deciding we've had enough and start heading home.

Okay Jo if you want us to support you for the bill talk now before we start leaving, we suggested.
Bros say nor worry y'all can go and as I took my leave, dude was calculating the bill with the barman.

Day breaks and I get a knock on the door.
Behold its the owner of the bar saying how can we do such a thing like drink almost one crate and not sort even 1kobo of the bill.

Funny thing is this dude (Jo) refuses till date to admit he did anything wrong and that's what pissed me off about the whole affair.
We was already in our cups and had virtually no reason to visit that bar that day.
What uni was this?
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 4:01pm On May 16, 2021
Back in my university days, I stayed in the hostel. My friends always wanted me to stay in the same room as them but I always bailed out on them by resuming late. I preferred a complete stranger as my roommate back then. There was respect when I stayed with strangers and visited my friends.

The year I made a mistake and stayed with my friends in 300 level, I regretted it. Nobody used to mind their business, no respect for people’s property too, and the noise was too much. The overfamiliarity was too much for me to handle. I got tired of the room but I couldn’t change until that year was over. After that time, I never stayed with friends again. I rather visit them. Let everyone dey their lane. But now, I don’t have roommates . I’ll rather have flatmates.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by NACE13: 4:41pm On May 16, 2021
Had one who wasn't really a roommate but he often came to spend time in my room, seeing that I bring my foodstuff in large quantity. I don't joke with food. That's why my small money can last up to a month plus because there's always food available.
Dude thought he'd seen food maga. After eating at my place three consecutive times, na so I begin lock my kitchen. He'd talk, gist, talk and keep talking, when he's tired he'd leave. One day, he asked me to bring food so we can cook, I asked him what he has, he said he has nothing, me sef lock up, left him in my room went to a food joint to eat, came back and slept. He decoded and stopped coming.

I'd have helped if his pleas were genuine but he'd rather invite a girl over, buy things for her and then starve later.
In fact eh, I'd rather not expose it all. But that is the worst type of friend anyone can have.

Even my closest padi wey we grow up together, we can't stay together because na quarrel and fight go end our childhood friendship. Make everybody dey their dey. Better to stay alone in a selfcon than share with a roomie a two bedroom apartment. E get why
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Kennyfancy(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2021
grossintel:
It's still here, they've been calling to ask when they can come. I keep telling them my siblings are still here. It's been 2 months since they left.
lol funny world
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Megastannis(m): 6:47pm On May 16, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
She was my friend who was supposed to living with me "temporarily" until she got a hostel space on campus.

100 level.

I'll finish cooking, babe will say she prefers garlic stew, and cook another pot of stew with my ingredients.... infused with lots of garlic.

She always had a different way of cooking so much so that I'll finish cooking, and she'll start wasting my gas and ingredients to cook what she wanted.

Even in some people's family house, the kids can't do that.

She was always inviting her coursemates over to my house and pretending it was hers. And then one day, she started dating one Ekosodin boy and wanted him to come sleep over.

That year, I was still generally weary of people who lived in Ekosodin.

In my head, "this girl is crazy ni."

Coupled with the fact that she had such annoying moodswings and anger issues. I sat her down one day and told her to make hasty preparations to either buy a hostel bed space or go pay for a place outside campus.

Turned out the whole time that she never even applied for a hostel bed space. She thought she could live in my house free for one whole year when there was a close friend who had been asking for us to split rent and live together.

U be Uniben babe abi

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by emonis88: 7:11pm On May 16, 2021
ugwumichael:

Pick a fight with you? grin grin grin grin
I don't need to know who you are or your motive.
Your tribal sentiment can be perceived from thousands of miles away, from your comment.
How you put your words already gave you a bad name and not me.
#shalom
See this one think say him wise. tongue
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 17, 2021
During my 100 level, I had this distant cousin who is also a senior friend as a squater. 3 days after joining me, she brought her friend without telling me. I didn't say anything because I thought the friend was coming to spend 2 or 3 days. Days ran into weeks and weeks into months. I was boiling inside me but I never said anything. With time, I just allowed everything to slide. We cooked together, though there was cheating at some point in time. She later came to apologise that she wronged me by not informing me before bringing her friend. The three of us became very close that u would think we are sisters.
Then a surprise came from them to me. A week to my birthday,both of them asked me the clothes I will wear for my birthday and I told them, though I won't be celebrating because I don't have money. Early morning on my birthday, they both woke me up and were showering prayers on me. We dressed up and went to church. When I got back from church and immediately I entered the room, I saw some of my friends and neighbors in the room and a very beautiful cake with the color I told them. These ladies even cooked a big pot of rice and chicken, including snacks. I was so overwhelmed and I was emotional. Today, we are all best of friends.

My second roommates during nysc is a lady with a generous heart. She is from a wealthy family so she brought plenty food stuff and beverages and she asked us to cook together but I told her that I wouldn't want because I know my pocket but she insisted she will be buying all we need. I declined the offer quickly to avoid see finish because I know how to manage myself due to the fact that I want to save during nysc. Along the line, we were able to blend though I have my own bad side. She will raise everything in the room whenever she wants to sweep everyday which I found too extreme initially but as time went on, I had to blend and we both parted peacefully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by bolagabriella: 5:39pm On May 17, 2021
Womanizer:

Seven different room mates at seven different times? shocked

Only you?

You were a real Nomadic student grin
grin
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by NewDawn2O21: 7:58pm On May 17, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
She was my friend who was supposed to living with me "temporarily" until she got a hostel space on campus.

100 level.

I'll finish cooking, babe will say she prefers garlic stew, and cook another pot of stew with my ingredients.... infused with lots of garlic.

She always had a different way of cooking so much so that I'll finish cooking, and she'll start wasting my gas and ingredients to cook what she wanted.

Even in some people's family house, the kids can't do that.

She was always inviting her coursemates over to my house and pretending it was hers. And then one day, she started dating one Ekosodin boy and wanted him to come sleep over.

That year, I was still generally weary of people who lived in Ekosodin.

In my head, "this girl is crazy ni."

Coupled with the fact that she had such annoying moodswings and anger issues. I sat her down one day and told her to make hasty preparations to either buy a hostel bed space or go pay for a place outside campus.

Turned out the whole time that she never even applied for a hostel bed space. She thought she could live in my house free for one whole year when there was a close friend who had been asking for us to split rent and live together.
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Hausa(m): 2:47am On May 28, 2021
Very interesting read.
Enjoyed it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by AlphaStyles(m): 7:40am On Oct 10, 2021
currently staying with one i should have rented the room alone but because of expenses i decided to share although the guy is not bad,he shares but i just have some prbs with him 1 he snores too much when he sleeps 2 he's dirty he sometimes doesnt wash the dishes and sweep,he even throws nylon anyhow in the kitchen and room. 3 he eats and cooks too much imagine pouring in 6 to 7 cups of rice i bought something to cook for atleast 3weeks and he intends to cook and finish it in 3days 4 our way of spending differs me am on a management level bfre i see money its mainly month end while he sees everytime. all this contributed to me in terms of stop sharing with him i cook seperate he cooks seperate i have my foodstuff he has his own we just contribute for gas and light i will even buy my own gas when coming next semester so as to avoid too much spending because of him.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Eleyigidgan: 3:04am On Sep 06, 2022
SmilingImabong:
I left a room apartment where i was comfortable and rented a flat with this idiot who decieved me that the new house is close to school main gate . I paid and he added just a little cash. He is very stingy and has a nonsence attitide and cant contribute for cooking. He conieved with my landlord to throw me away and i fought with my landlord and i packed which my landlord threatened me with cultist. I month before i packed they came for my landlord and killed him abd my roommate jumped from one storey and broke his leg and i was at ph laughing at them and thanking God for taking me away from cultist landlords house to a better place.
so the landlord was killed?
he was a cultist as well
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Unknown555: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
Efenaira:
Omo as a fresh in acade life , I enter one hostel when my Guy they stay , I like the hostel very big girls plenty, I ask my guy if room still they my guy say no , I ask am anybody they when I fit per with , he say w get some of my town Guys , I meet them reason with them I pay them 3 of us now roommates, hostel manager they disturb me say I be illegal occupate I they my roommates say make una align with the hostel manager, say the guy they embarrass me them nor align anything meaningful so one Saturday morning I they sleep police come boost me say I be illegal occupate carry me go police workshop, I reach police workshop I align say me don pay to my roommates them call them come police workshop, those men begin they align rubbish say the money when me give them self I chop for I side me when be say I pay half of wetin them pay the room , the alignment come be like say them they help me I para for the men but , I just gat use my 6 I ask the hostel manager say how far how e go be he say make I sort 5k I say no wam , I tell them say me go 2k make their 2 do 3k this men nor shake body the manager they embarrass me anytime he come around I just sort out the money myself that was ND1, ND 2 I move leave the men go another room they package, I cut them off because them men betray me , roommates matter nor clear at all
what's the way na Aruba?
Re: What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? by Thazard(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
AustineCJ:
Omo everyday I go tell my roomie let’s contribute n cook n he will tell me how he has no money n I will run it for us as per men things. One morning as usual I demanded we cook n he said no money, n I said no ish make I go market. Naso I branch one canteen first to chop before heading to market, I de inside naso my roomie storm mins later asking the sales girls to put Rice n fish with salad for am... as he turn back, man see me come de smile .... me too smile n from that day on it was OYO for all man till I left him the next semester to stay alone.
gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hazard Of Buying A Bad Land Without Doing A Proper Search. Finally See Proof / How To Qualify For The National Housing Fund Loan And Buy Your First Home / 3-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Yaba, Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.