Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? (2048 Views)

First Sons Please Gather Here / Why Is It That Most First Sons(most)... Are Always Lazy And Useless... / Is Too Much Pressure Put On First Sons And Daughters In Nigerian Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by ComrdDRS1: 11:43am On May 15, 2021
Last time one of us just japa relinquishes all his birth right position to his siblings.
we know how it's tough but what can we do!?
right from the day we were born as first child we assume that responsibility of a family man our mothers being as wives to us and our siblings as our children even when we barely understand our individual self. our fathers more of an uncle to us.
The situation is more worst when the family is not a well to type.

If you know you know if you don't we the first born we know our pains, our sacrifices, discomfort just for others comfort and ...,...... endless.
Only the irresponsible ones Sha might not know all these... but yet they can't run away from some of these first born wahala.

hey!!!!! first born all over the world.... I know your predicament..

your experience please...... e no easy man pikin just tire...
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by shadelek(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2021
Make I book space first, I'll come back later
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by Hedone(f): 12:10pm On May 15, 2021
Can't relate

But my Father gave my elder brother a hard time sha
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by PuZZyNegro: 12:14pm On May 15, 2021
This first son thing is a hoarse.

There's a saying in Igbo that he who has the money should bury the father because it wasn't the first son that killed the father.

Most first sons are either poor or irresponsible. The birthright they sold in the Bible is still affecting them today.

In the family, it's the person with the money that shoulders the responsibilities and not any first born.

I am the last born of my family but I look after some of my siblings starting from the eldest one.

1 Like

Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by Karleb(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2021
I think this culture is predominant in Igbo land.

It's not something common with yoruba people tho. All these elders should learn to be responsible and birth the kids they can train.
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by Nbote(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
This first son thing is a hoarse.

There's a saying in Igbo that he who has the money should bury the father because it wasn't the first son that killed the father.

Most first sons are either poor or irresponsible. The birthright they sold in the Bible is still affecting them today.

In the family, it's the person with the money that shoulders the responsibilities and not any first born.

I am the last born of my family but I look after some of my siblings starting from the eldest one.

So becos U are the lastborn in your family and look after your siblings including the Eldest every first born is poor and irresponsible?? That comment reeks of crass ignorance and arrogance. The saying in Igboland U quoted isn't complete. The complete saying says "Whichever son is able should bury his father. The first son didn't kill him". That saying further highlights the pressure and expectations on firstborn sons. In Ngwa land, there is a saying that not until the death of an imbecilic first son, the wisest second son can't head the family. So I don't know how much U think U have done for them to make U make a generalization that sounds and reeks of arrogance.

1 Like

Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by ComrdDRS1: 12:52pm On May 15, 2021
Nbote:

So becos U are the lastborn in your family and look after your siblings including the Eldest every first born is poor and irresponsible?? That comment reeks of crass ignorance and arrogance. The saying in Igboland U quoted isn't complete. The complete saying says "Whichever son is able should bury his father. The first son didn't kill him". That saying further highlights the pressure and expectations on firstborn sons. In Ngwa land, there is a saying that not until the death of an imbecilic first son, the wisest second son can't head the family. So I don't know how much U think U have done for them to make U make a generalization that sounds and reeks of arrogance.

Some of this last born, middle born and whatever they are do not know that the first born is like a shield to them.
Whatever generational wahala do most atimes attacks the first born leaving their siblings free and when they makes it in live they felt it's their doing. despite that they can't stomach what the poor and lazy first born as they do call them is passing through.

2 Likes

Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by Nbote(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2021
ComrdDRS1:
Last time one of us just japa relinquishes all his birth right position to his siblings.
we know how it's tough but what can we do!?
right from the day we were born as first child we assume that responsibility of a family man our mothers being as wives to us and our siblings as our children even when we barely understand our individual self. our fathers more of an uncle to us.
The situation is more worst when the family is not a well to type.

If you know you know if you don't we the first born we know our pains, our sacrifices, discomfort just for others comfort and ...,...... endless.
Only the irresponsible ones Sha might not know all these... but yet they can't run away from some of these first born wahala.

hey!!!!! first born all over the world.... I know your predicament..

your experience please...... e no easy man pikin just tire...

Bros e no easy aswear... My Dad was the firstborn and struggled hard for himself and his siblings. As a responsible firstborn Na U dem go always com run meet for help and support. Now as the firstborn I suppose don marry but I have a younger brother who has to atleast stand on his feet and be self sustaining before I settle down my own so I've sort of put settling down on Ice. I'm trying to make travel arrangements for him. My Dad passed over 2 years back so na now I fully understand the cover and responsibilities he carried.

1 Like

Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by Nbote(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2021
ComrdDRS1:

Some of this last born, middle born and whatever they are do not know that the first born is like a shield to them.
Whatever generational wahala do most atimes attacks the first born leaving their siblings free and when they makes it in live they felt it's their doing. despite that they can't stomach what the poor and lazy first born as they do call them is passing through.

I dey tell U!!! Na arrogance dey make person call him family irresponsible and poor simply becos he seems to be doing better than them all

1 Like

Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by Foodqueen(f): 1:06pm On May 15, 2021
Some first sons are sooo irresponsible that all they are after is property.

May my son not be like that. Amen
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by PuZZyNegro: 1:43pm On May 15, 2021
Nbote:

Sorry Mr. First Son.

I said most first sons not all and if you look around you, you will agree with me.

It's not about what I have done for my siblings. Our second son is the richest in the family so I'm not the richest among my siblings but then the first son is #docile with his responsibilities.
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by PuZZyNegro: 1:47pm On May 15, 2021
ComrdDRS1:

This excuse is lame sincerely. This is what most people whose father is the first son always give as an excuse why their father is poor because their grandparents used the family money to train the younger ones in school who later abandoned their father and his children.

Even schooling up to masters level did not make me any richer than our second son who never finished SS3.

First sons are mostly irresponsible, QED. It's only when sharing the father's properties that they know that they are first sons.
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by PuZZyNegro: 1:54pm On May 15, 2021
Foodqueen:
Some first sons are sooo irresponsible that all they are after is property.

May my son not be like that. Amen

To make your prayer work, you have to give your first son the best he can get.

This issue of first son and last born is more pronounced in larger family size.

A man with just three children will have all of them go to school almost at the same time that they all hustle and stand on their own without much gap.

But when you have 6 children, one child is in SS2 and the other is in primary 2, that's when this siblings responsibilities arise.

Otherwise, it's the responsibility of the parents to train their children and not one's siblings.
Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by GboyegaD(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2021
I'm not sure it makes any difference since each person realizes you all have your lives to live.

1 Like

Re: First Sons Burden How Have You Been Feeling???? by poshestmina(f): 4:32pm On May 15, 2021
No responsibility or pressures at all.
We are all grown and it's God for everyman ,everyman for himself .

Give what and when you can.
Shikena!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) / DNA Reveal My Children Are Not Mine !!! Help / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.