Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (71354 Views)

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) / This Shocking Map Shows How Israel Took Over Palestine Since 1947 / Real Story Behind The Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
Tdotbluejays:

Lol. Ancestral land.

You forgot Abraham migrated from somewhere and met people at that region.
Part of the land was actually unoccupied when Abraham came. His brother, Lot choose the city while Abraham chooses to live in tents.

He bought the other part of his lands as a place to bury his dead when Sarah died.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by molbic(m): 7:57pm On May 16, 2021
CuteMaro:

That is the point he was actually trying to make @ your first paragraph which could be true. I don’t support Israel’s provocation, however I am in no way in support of Hamas’ retaliation by sending rockets. For this reason I believe Israel was right to respond in kind.

Enough of the killings already. Unfortunately nobody seems to be backing down. Israel has Superiority in fire power and defense from external attacks. The whole situation is just a mess. Why can’t humans live in peace?
A wise man once said,we make wars so we can live in peace
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by membranus: 7:58pm On May 16, 2021
Tdotbluejays:

Why?
They have been fighting wars over that region since the days of the Crusaders. Why should I care now?

Not them, you.

Forget about them, they are acting the historical script based on end of time sequence of unavoidable events.

Worry about your own religious choice. A time is coming when this choice will be very meaningful.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by middlebelter(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2021
richidinho:
Exactly what Fulani terrorist did in Kwara state and every Muslim in Nigeria were happy

Perhaps not all Muslims in Nigeria, rather it is all Fulanis in Nigeria. The Yoruba Muslims that I know are not happy about it, especially the Yoruba Muslims in Ilorin. Non Yoruba Muslims fieom the North of Niger river may be happy.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Benrosaria(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
The banner reads :
"The Germans destroyed our families please dont you destroy our hopes"

What an irony the situation has turned to today

Where was Africa (Nigeria) when all of this was happening?
What were we doing at that time
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by KingNom(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
@lalasticlal front page please let's know history

Hi Brov.
nice that you're raising this issue. Your picture is inappropriate, seems to refer to Israel as dogs
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by cunny88(m): 8:03pm On May 16, 2021
ReubenE:
Egypt and and the Arab league is largely responsible for the ordeal the Palestinians are facing...
Those lands were not stolen, majority was acquired through conquest after the Arab-Israeli wars

Israel only expanded its grip on Palestinian lands (formally a British mandate) after the defeat of the Arab coalition in 1948 and 1967.

If the Arab league had allowed reason to prevail when the UN Resolution partitioned that land to Two States (Jewish State of Israel, and Arab State of Palestine) in 1947, perhaps by now, Palestine would have been a thriving country on their own with her own army.

But Egypt and the Arab coalition felt Israel was too small and feeble. Egyptian Generals even boasted that a war with Israel would be like a parade from Cairo to Tel Aviv, that Tel Aviv would be overtaken in two weeks.
They opposed the UN Resolution for Two-State Solution by invading Israel, a battle they lost.
Israel ceased more lands far more than what was given to her by the UN after the war. Can Israel be blamed for doing this? The answer is No, the the land is a war bounty.

Syria lost the control of Golan Heights, Jordan lost the West Bank, Egypt lost the Gaza Strip after the 6 days war (3rd Arab war with Israel) in 1967.
Israel obviously and overwhelmingly won the war and consolidated its grip on Palestine.
Can Israel be blamed for controlling a land they conquered through war? No, cause in war, everything is fair.

The Two-State solution the Palestinians and the Arab League opposed vehemently in 1947, is what they are now clamoring for, but unfortunately, Israel and her western allies especially the US is no longer keen on doing that.

One very important fact to note is that, no country is a good country in the International System of power play.
Palestine would do the same to Israel if she finds herself in that position because international politics is always about National Interest.

Russia has been annexing Ukrainian lands (Crimea, Sevastopol etc), Russia has been making attempts to annex Georgia, Turkey has been muscling Armenia etc. No country is a good country, it is always about self and National Interest.

PS:
The land Israel is occupying is not entirely Palestinian land. They have historical ties to that land right from the time of Egypt and Babylonia.
Israel only ceased Golan Heights, West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza Strip after the war with the Arab Coalition
God bless you for this peice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 8:05pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
Of course We know very well. That I vibre am a bloody Fool Indeed. This we know.

Of course. Your foolishness speaks for itself. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by rajiedreez: 8:06pm On May 16, 2021
nnatobryno:

This is very myopic, dont jump into discussion without understanding some certain things. Rockets were fired from the basement of that building which was caught on camera.
please can u share the camera footage o
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by angelEmade: 8:06pm On May 16, 2021
Robertgreene1:
for all those uninformed christians supporting isreal..isreal is not and can never be a Christian nation...infact there re more Arab christians in Gaza..Iraq..even Syria nd Iran sef than in isreal (if anything like Jewish christians even exists sef)...
we know!
we support them because it is the home of Christ. Isreal is not fighting these Arab Christian's you mentioned but Islamic terrorists! death to every Islamic terrorists and extremist jihadists out there including you if ur one of them
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Of course. My foolishness speaks for itself. cry
wink
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Geeman2006: 8:09pm On May 16, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Front page ? To create rancor abi?
I won't say much now, but one of this days I will sit down to cogitate on this conflict between Isreal, Hamas, Palestine, and the rest of the Muslim countries around it.

But come shine come win, I will support Isreal, no matter the causalities Hamas,Gaza will face. This not genocide it's a self defense war, note that !!

Hypocrisy!!!
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
I see a lot of comment here that are bases on the myopic view they have about islam and some sect based on their actions...

But then judges without knowledge and understanding but out of bigotry...
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Mftivi: 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
gaius01:

Now you are stating your views but it's to late because you have display your stupidity in the first place.

When they were throwing rocket didn't they consider that it will result to the elimination of innocent lives ?

So Israel should be thinking that for them? Rubbish !g

You should be blaming the Gaza people not Israel, they know they can't face Israel yet they started the war.

Next time view things from two different point before you confront a person's view.

Read this sir
they threw rockets in response to what ? You are the one who knows nothing about this.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 8:12pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
Of course. My foolishness speaks for itself. cry cry cry

Exactly! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Kfss: 8:14pm On May 16, 2021
November1857:
yes deliberately, all Islamic terrorist must be bomb. Not pampered..
All Nigerian Christian are terrorist and must be slaughtered
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:
Of course. My foolishness speaks for itself. cry cry cry

Exactly!
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by molbic(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2021
kingxsamz:

Don't mind them. Many of them don't even know that the population of Christians in Israel is just 2%. Christians and their blind support.
Even if it is 0% we christians don't give a dam so long as it's where our saviour Jesus Christ came from we will support them , leave Jerusalem for us
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by MoIbrahim: 8:21pm On May 16, 2021
Malawian:

So we should join you and hate Jews then?

No, sir!
You should remain there in Malawi so that some day you'll learn that some of the Israeli soldiers doing the killings are Muslims and some of the Palestinians being killed are Christians as well as Muslims. For now, both you and your Nigerian Muslims can continue deceiving yourselves that what is happening is a religious and not a tribal war. Nigerian Muslims feeling the pains, Nigerian Christians celebrating a biblical prophesy being fulfilled. grin Later you'll begin to argue that you are different from the one who kills in the hope of meeting Virginia in heaven. What is your difference? Pele o grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 16, 2021
APOSTLECHUMA:
A GOOD EXAMPLE ARE THE KURDS IN IRAQ, THEY ARE ONE OF THE MISSING TRIBES OF ISRAEL AND MANY OF THEM HAVE GONE BACK TO ISRAEL. THEY ARE FIGHTING TO SEPERATE FROM IRAQ AND ONCE THEY ARE ABLE TO ACHIEVE IT, IT WILL BRING ISRAEL CLOSER TO GETTING ALL THE PROMISED LAND WHICH STRETCHED DOWN TO RIVER EUPHRATES, WHICH IS IN THE KURDISH REGION OF IRAQ. GOD IS A MASTER PLANNER.

Even Egypt is The majority of Christians which belong to the Coptic Orthodox Church,
Iran are Persian and they were never a muslims countries in history, Muslims conquered them and forcefully converted them to Muslims..
Most of the Arab countries are Jews and christians and they are being forcely converted to Muslims, Muslims spread their religion with polygamy and violence..
I don't say what I don't know....
You can study more about history, even Nigeria is never a fulani country, fulanis muslim terrorist came to Nigeria conquered the Hausas and chased the Yoruba out from Nigeria to Benin republic..

That is an abridged history that at best date back to 1947. The original Palestinians are descendants of the Philistines and were largely Christians and not Arabs. Arabian intermixing came much later after the Muslim invasion and conquest of the region shortly after Mohammed's death. Most of the Jews left due to wars and persecution in the region. That Temple Mount where the Al-Aqsa Mosque was first built by Umar centuries after Jesus came, there existed the First Temple of the Jews as far back as 600BCE which is centuries before Jesus came. It was destroyed around 585BCE but the Second Temple was again built and later destroyed around 70BCE more than 600 years before Mohammed and the first Al-Aqsa mosque (Note that the Al-Aqsa mosque had been destroyed twice by earthquakes and the current mosque is not the original one). The Temple Mount is one of the holiest if not the holiest sites of Judaism and the act of Umar building a mosque there to convert it to an Islamic holy site centuries after the First Temple was built on same land is a recipe for an everlasting strife.

If the Jews were exiled from the land they have been for centuries because they would not accept Islam and their neighbours accepted Islam, does that give the right for the neighbours to claim the Jewish lands? And then say years later when the Jews are returning back to their original lands, that they, the neighbours assisted the Jews with their own lands? Please let your knowledge of history be deep so you know the facts.

Evilgenuis jessejo Gamesmart officialsaw01
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 8:23pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
Of course. My foolishness speaks for itself. cry cry cryExactly!

Of course grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 8:26pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Of course My foolishness speaks for itself. cry cry :'
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by musicwriter(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2021
Malawian:

Who built all those ancient structures still existing in Israel?

Ancient Egypt, Iran, Babylon, Ethiopia, Sumerians, Rome, Greece. These are the imperial powers that ruled the inhabitants of that land and built those structures but the inhabitants there now (except some Palestinians and Ethiopians) have no ancestry with the ancient people that lived there.

Go to YouTube and search for "whited out documentary" it pretty much explained everything, though it's too religious.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 8:28pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
Of course My foolishness speaks for itself. cry cry cry

Exactly grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Tdotbluejays: 8:29pm On May 16, 2021
justosee:

Part of the land was actually unoccupied when Abraham came. His brother, Lot choose the city while Abraham chooses to live in tents.

He bought the other part of his lands as a place to bury his dead when Sarah died.
If part of the land was unoccupied, why are Ashkenazi Jews (European Jews) that arrived Israel after second would war having lived over 1000 years in Europe now carving all the occupied land to themselves as well? Why don't they have troubles with the Mizrahi Jews (Arab Jews) who never left that region for Europe?

I guess that is the whole point of this topic.

Any right thinking human would fight subjugation and land grab.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Cutehotnerd001: 8:30pm On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

Majority of religion in Isreal is Jews with approximately 75% in population

Regardless of ur 3% claim, we will continue to support them cos we are yet to hear of a jewish suicide bomber and we haven't seen a jewish worship leader calling for the beheading of infidels. As far as Christians are concerned, all Muslims are potential jihadist terrorists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 8:30pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Of course. My foolishness speaks for itself. Exactly cry cry cry
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by musicwriter(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2021
The5DME:

And thanks to Lord Lionel Rothschild for also crating Isreal.

That's one of the wealthy European families that sponsored everything and made it look official through the United Nations. Britain, France and few other European countries created Israel.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by EjaikreTheViper(f): 8:32pm On May 16, 2021
DEATH TO HEAD BANGING TERRORISTS!!!
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 8:33pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
Of course. My foolishness speaks for itself. Exactly

Na so! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 8:33pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

I am YungMillionaire, I am stupid. Don't be like me cry cry cry
wink
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 16, 2021
Tdotbluejays:

If part of the land was unoccupied, why are Ashkenazi Jews that arrived Israel after second would war having lived over 1000 years in Europe now carving all the occupied land to themselves as well?
I guess that is the whole point of this topic.

Any right thinking human would fight subjugation and land grab.
1. They are just taking back every land they have historic ties to.
If you read the Bible, you will notice that Israel expanded on what they inherited from Abraham through war.
2. All lands were won in war. The Arabs and Fulani are not indigenous people of Africa but they are here.

3. The original Israel was taken into Europe by the Romans. They came back to take their land that is being occupied by the Arabs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace / Pics: Kenya Man Masturbates Publicly While Watching University Girls In Schl Bus / Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.