Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,383 members, 7,822,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (71285 Views)

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) / This Shocking Map Shows How Israel Took Over Palestine Since 1947 / Real Story Behind The Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by salykely(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2021
eduj:

The Arab armies which where part of the british mandate of Palestine actually started the war, They fully attacked isreal after the declared independence. You can't blame the jews for consolidating power.
The argument on the isreal side is that the Palestinians refused to accept the UN mandate that created Isreal and should have created a Palestinian State. Hence you can't really use the UN mandate to only judge the issue and where it gets interesting is that had the Palestinians accepted the UN resolution and not begun a war, 50% of isreal would have been Palestinian Arabs, but no- they simply refused to cohabit with jewish peeps.
The Palestinians are laying claim to all of isreal and hence has refused to accept the right of the jewish country of isreal to exist (that is what lies at the heart of the issue,Hamas,islamic jihad and many muslim countries do not recognize the right of existence of isreal). The only thing I see wrong in what isreal is doing is that the keep on incorporating more and more Palestinian land into isreal.The at least should be content with territories the had after the last isreal-arab war.
Yes there is a UN charter banning the acquisition of land through conquest,but since then -Russia acquired Crimea from Ukraine through war, china is laying claims to and annexing territories from Taiwan to the south china sea to it's indian borders,India and pakistan same,England has the falkland crisis with Argentina and kept that territories through conquest,Turkey imposed it's will on Northern cyprus through conquest and might one day annex it and even here in Nigeria we see the fulanis mad dash for land so bro, the UN and at large the government's of this world are hypocritical self serving bigots.

I appreciate your civility and the effort you put into researching. You are unlike many here on Nairaland who are masturbating over the Palestinian loss. Having said that, let examine your some of your claims.

The Palestinians refused to accept the partition because Israel barely own up to 10% of the land that was given to them by the partition plan. The same plan made Israel the ruling class over two-third of the arabs. Here is what a Sami Hadawi a Palestinian Christian have to say about the Arab rejection:

Was the partition plan fair to both Arabs and Jews?

"Arab rejection was...based on the fact that, while the population of the Jewish state was to be [only half] Jewish with the Jews owning less than 10% of the Jewish state land area, the Jews were to be established as the ruling body—a settlement which no self-respecting people would accept without protest, to say the least...The action of the United Nations conflicted with the basic principles for which the world organization was established, namely, to uphold the right of all peoples to self-determination. By denying the Palestine Arabs, who formed the two-thirds majority of the country, the right to decide for themselves, the United Nations had violated its own charter." Sami Hadawi, "Bitter Harvest."
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Invitationn: 9:47pm On May 16, 2021
CuteMaro:

Are you justifying Hamas’ response ( By launching hundreds of rockets towards a civilian population in Israel ) and you don’t expect Israel to defend itself and retaliate?. I understand the historical aspect of it that Israelites were not the original owners of the land, however the seized lands were mostly as a result of the 6 day war.

The whole conflicts thing dates back to a very long time ago and this is largely due to the British creating a state of Israel from their own land when the Palestinians were totally against it. My knowledge on this is kinda limited though, but there’s a popular saying that goes ‘if 2 fishes are fighting in a river, an English man must have passed there’.
Hmmn.
First Hamas have this rather funny believe that there are no civilians in Israel.
And building on this, some Israeli officials had justified the occupation of the westbank using Hamas' logic.

One of the Geneva conventions says: It's a war crime for an occupying power to transfer her civilian population to an occupied territory.

Basically, the officials are saying "we don't have civilians in Israel".

It's a kinda funny huh grin
Now, in fact, Israel has breached this international law and others.
If Palestine was a conquest bounty like the Westbank and Golan Heights was a conquest bounty for Israel after the 6day war, and Palestinians somehow accommodated Israelis coming back from exile through the help of the Brits, why is Israel not magnanimous in victory and return the bounties back to Palestine like they did with Egypt?? Especially after they ve agreed to the 1967 proposed borders they initially rejected.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by ReubenE(m): 9:49pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=youngwolf post=101754149][/quote]

There was no State of Israel before 1948.

The State of Israel was created after the resettlement of Jews that fled from Europe during the Holocaust.

The history of that land goes a long way back, but few years before 1948, the land was a British mandate after the conquest of the Ottoman Empire (Turks) during WW1
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 9:49pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
I am vibre, I am stupid. Don't be like me

Noted! grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=SegFault post=101754909]
This conflict started way before the so called firing and secondly Israel has the power both on land and air, why not send troops to end the so called terrorists why try to wipe a whole city so that you can occupy it, imagine harbouring a stranger then this same stranger starts fighting you over your house because of some documents he received from his grandfather that he owns your land, a document that you don't think is real. Won't you fight back!? Hamas really bleeped up they should have fought this goats back just like the Vietnamese tore America's ass wide open.[/quote
point of correction Pakistan did not habor Israel, b4 the Israelites scattered the world...that was their land..Google it and you will see..it is when the formed the independent state of Israel that the official try to get back their land..
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Invitationn: 9:56pm On May 16, 2021
Shuzzi:
so then what?
this issue has nothing to do with religion.
It does.
Stop lying to yourself grin
Christians have a special connection with Israel.
Also, most Christians see Israel and the US as vindictive big brothers checkmating the excesses of Islamic extremists or fetching them some paybacks for the souls of Christians killed by Islamic terrorists.

Unfortunately, you might have to put those sentiments aside to truly appreciate the situation at hand.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by ibinaboonline: 10:06pm On May 16, 2021
There's the simple question; why Palestine? Why of all places on earth were they returned to Palestine? Because Palestine was and is their original home.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by ipledge6: 10:21pm On May 16, 2021
Malawian:

Have you opposed the FG like you are doing against Israel in favor of Hamas terrorists and their 'Palestinians"?
More than. Not only the IPOB. Can’t you see the insecurity in every part of the country. The only people not opposing the FG are either people that put party over country or people that don’t know what is going on.

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by harmonyglobal: 10:40pm On May 16, 2021
Againstlies:
Is isreal only a Jews country in history, most of the Muslim countries are Jews people conquered by Muslims and forcely converted to Islam.

Even Egypt is The majority of Christians which belong to the Coptic Orthodox Church,
Iran are Persian and they were never a muslims countries in history, Muslims conquered them and forcefully converted them to Muslims..
Most of the Arab countries are Jews and christians and they are being forcely converted to Muslims, Muslims spread their religion with polygamy and violence..
I don't say what I don't know....
You can study more about history, even Nigeria is never a fulani country, fulanis muslim terrorist came to Nigeria conquered the Hausas and chased the Yoruba out from Nigeria to Benin republic..

That is an abridged history that at best date back to 1947. The original Palestinians are descendants of the Philistines and were largely Christians and not Arabs. Arabian intermixing came much later after the Muslim invasion and conquest of the region shortly after Mohammed's death. Most of the Jews left due to wars and persecution in the region. That Temple Mount where the Al-Aqsa Mosque was first built by Umar centuries after Jesus came, there existed the First Temple of the Jews as far back as 600BCE which is centuries before Jesus came. It was destroyed around 585BCE but the Second Temple was again built and later destroyed around 70BCE more than 600 years before Mohammed and the first Al-Aqsa mosque (Note that the Al-Aqsa mosque had been destroyed twice by earthquakes and the current mosque is not the original one). The Temple Mount is one of the holiest if not the holiest sites of Judaism and the act of Umar building a mosque there to convert it to an Islamic holy site centuries after the First Temple was built on same land is a recipe for an everlasting strife.

If the Jews were exiled from the land they have been for centuries because they would not accept Islam and their neighbours accepted Islam, does that give the right for the neighbours to claim the Jewish lands? And then say years later when the Jews are returning back to their original lands, that they, the neighbours assisted the Jews with their own lands? Please let your knowledge of history be deep so you know the facts.

Evilgenuis jessejo Gamesmart officialsaw01

nonsense, u should go back to the history, they are Jews and Christians, even till now in Israel most religion is Judaism and about 14% of Islam but christianity is just 2% si where did u get ur fake history from
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 10:51pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

I am YungMillionaire, I am a very big fool. Don't be like me cry cry cry
wink
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Gainman: 11:04pm On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

Majority of religion in Isreal is Jews with approximately 75% in population
Get away. Who told u majority don't know. If majority don't know,how did u know. U think Christians are ignorant of what is happening in Israel. Are u saying so because Christians in Nigeria are backing Israel. Do u want us to back the Palestinians? You are wrong. Are u pained Christians is backing Israel nii
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Yusman316(m): 11:06pm On May 16, 2021
Invitationn:

It does.
Stop lying to yourself grin
Christians have a special connection with Israel.
Also, most Christians see Israel and the US as vindictive big brothers checkmating the excesses of Islamic extremists or fetching them some paybacks for the souls of Christians killed by Islamic terrorists.

Unfortunately, you might have to put those sentiments aside to truly appreciate the situation at hand.
Pls let me ask this simple question; why do most of u always act as if Christianity is some kind of leper that can't defend itself? Go to India Hindus are not crying persecution, go to China Buddhist are not crying persecution, go to Israel Jews are not crying persecution, come to Nigeria and u hear the screams persecution. It is either buhari or miyetti Allah or islamization or fulanization or northern agenda or fg or just something
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Yusman316(m): 11:09pm On May 16, 2021
Gainman:
Get away. Who told u majority don't know. If majority don't know,how did u know. U think Christians are ignorant of what is happening in Israel. Are u saying so because Christians in Nigeria are backing Israel. Do u want us to back the Palestinians? You are wrong. Are u pained Christians is backing Israel nii
For your info Christians make up a sizeable population of Palestine territories. So those ones are acceptable collateral loss right?
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by ajl: 11:24pm On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

Majority of religion in Isreal is Jews with approximately 75% in population

"Jews" is not a religion. I guess you meant Judaism. That's the faith practiced by Jewish people.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Invitationn: 11:31pm On May 16, 2021
Yusman316:

Pls let me ask this simple question; why do most of u always act as if Christianity is some kind of leper that can't defend itself? Go to India Hindus are not crying persecution, go to China Buddhist are not crying persecution, go to Israel Jews are not crying persecution, come to Nigeria and u hear the screams persecution. It is either buhari or miyetti Allah or islamization or fulanization or northern agenda or fg or just something
Well, I am not in the best position to answer your question.
However, you're wrong about Jews.
The Jews are arguably the most persecuted people in the world... At the peak of antisemitism the Jews 'wailed persecution'! They didn't only wailed, they ran for their lives.
Btw, you probably didn't understand my previous submission.
You should read it again.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Kdon2: 11:45pm On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
The banner reads :
"The Germans destroyed our families please dont you destroy our hopes"

What an irony the situation has turned to today

Israel should wipe them out. Generation of terrorist are not suppose to be among human
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Absoj(m): 11:48pm On May 16, 2021
Againstlies:
Is isreal only a Jews country in history, most of the Muslim countries are Jews people conquered by Muslims and forcely converted to Islam.

Even Egypt is The majority of Christians which belong to the Coptic Orthodox Church,
Iran are Persian and they were never a muslims countries in history, Muslims conquered them and forcefully converted them to Muslims..
Most of the Arab countries are Jews and christians and they are being forcely converted to Muslims, Muslims spread their religion with polygamy and violence..
I don't say what I don't know....
You can study more about history, even Nigeria is never a fulani country, fulanis muslim terrorist came to Nigeria conquered the Hausas and chased the Yoruba out from Nigeria to Benin republic..

That is an abridged history that at best date back to 1947. The original Palestinians are descendants of the Philistines and were largely Christians and not Arabs. Arabian intermixing came much later after the Muslim invasion and conquest of the region shortly after Mohammed's death. Most of the Jews left due to wars and persecution in the region. That Temple Mount where the Al-Aqsa Mosque was first built by Umar centuries after Jesus came, there existed the First Temple of the Jews as far back as 600BCE which is centuries before Jesus came. It was destroyed around 585BCE but the Second Temple was again built and later destroyed around 70BCE more than 600 years before Mohammed and the first Al-Aqsa mosque (Note that the Al-Aqsa mosque had been destroyed twice by earthquakes and the current mosque is not the original one). The Temple Mount is one of the holiest if not the holiest sites of Judaism and the act of Umar building a mosque there to convert it to an Islamic holy site centuries after the First Temple was built on same land is a recipe for an everlasting strife.

If the Jews were exiled from the land they have been for centuries because they would not accept Islam and their neighbours accepted Islam, does that give the right for the neighbours to claim the Jewish lands? And then say years later when the Jews are returning back to their original lands, that they, the neighbours assisted the Jews with their own lands? Please let your knowledge of history be deep so you know the facts.

Evilgenuis jessejo Gamesmart officialsaw01

You are one the most learned few I respect. I doff my hat.
Btw I read up the history too and discovered that ure not far from the truth. The Arabs and Palestinians who oppose the return of the Jews or regard them as usurpers are the true reflection of the average brainwashed terrorist who couldn't see beyond his nose. It's clear the Ottomans did a great damage to their memory by erasing history from their brains.

1 Like

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YemmyKamor: 11:56pm On May 16, 2021
Biggcake:
Israel should bomb them some more....

Nigeria army should continue killing your people
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by firstratedcitiz(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2021
Might is right.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by GerraMeh74(m): 12:12am On May 17, 2021
helinues:
Interesting

The bombing of AP and Aljazeera building in Gaza was deliberate
You are a fool!!! This terrorists hide in the building and keep on attacking Israel, and AP and Aljazeera knew about it and did nothing.... Nobody has the monopoly of violence
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 12:47am On May 17, 2021
vibre:
I am vibre, I am a very big fool. Don't be like me cry cry cry

Naso grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by 9jakool: 12:54am On May 17, 2021
Zetty177x:

How can Arab own all the land in the middle East? Israel land history dates back to the Bible and we can't forget history. Jewish religion started first and in that region...I wish they didn't allow any other religion to thrive..all these wouldn't have happened..it's Jewish land not Arab land..Arabs should be in Saudi Arabia

Most self-proclaimed Arabs have indigenous non-Arab element. Palestinian Arabs came from a population of Jewish and Samaritans that converted to Christianity under late Roman and Byzantine rule and then mixed with Arabs from the Arabian peninsula. The process of Arabization took place for more than 1,000 years that a new Arab identity arose. A population of mostly Christian Palestinian converted to Islam over many centuries. Although most Palestinians are muslim today, there is still a population of Palestinian Christian, Samaritans and yes even Palestinian Jews that remain.

So it's more complex than Jewish vs. Arab land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 12:55am On May 17, 2021
YungMillionaire:

I am YungMillionaire, I am a worthless cretin. Don't be like me cry cry cry
wink
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by jimmynauty: 6:54am On May 17, 2021
Saifullah01:
The banner reads :
"The Germans destroyed our families please dont you destroy our hopes"

What an irony the situation has turned to today

Wow so now the Palestine should return to their home country on camels...and put a banner of how isralis destroy Ed them
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Biggcake: 7:38am On May 17, 2021
YemmyKamor:

Nigeria army should continue killing your people

e pain you
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Biggcake: 7:39am On May 17, 2021
ocelot2006:

Yeah!! Including innocent children and a baby that was killed. But hey, bomb them some more!!! No pity, no compassion...and you went to church today, abi?

The babies that will become future terrorist?

Bomb them young....
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by v2: 8:03am On May 17, 2021
Read History.
The land was initially occupied by the Jews. There was a name change after the land was conquered by the Romans

In 66 CE, the First Jewish–Roman War began. The revolt was put down by the future Roman emperors Vespasian and Titus. In the Siege of Jerusalem in 70 CE, the Romans destroyed much of the Temple in Jerusalem and, according to some accounts, plundered artifacts from the Temple, such as the Menorah. Jews continued to live in their land in significant numbers, the Kitos War of 115–117 notwithstanding, until Julius Severus ravaged Judea while putting down the Bar Kokhba revolt of 132–136. 985 villages were destroyed and most of the Jewish population of central Judaea was essentially wiped out – killed, sold into slavery, or forced to flee. Banished from Jerusalem, which was renamed Aelia Capitolina, the Jewish population now centered on Galilee, initially at Yavneh.

After the Jewish-Roman wars (66–135), Hadrian changed the name of Iudaea province to Syria Palaestina and Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina in an attempt to erase the historical ties of the Jewish people to the region. In addition, after 70, Jews and Jewish Proselytes were only allowed to practice their religion if they paid the Jewish tax, and after 135 were barred from Jerusalem except for the day of Tisha B'Av. the day of Tisha B'Av.

Around the year 390, during the Byzantine period, the imperial province of Syria Palaestina was reorganized into Palaestina Prima, Palaestina Secunda and Palaestina Salutaris. Following the Muslim conquest, place names that were in use by the Byzantine administration generally continued to be used in Arabic. The use of the name "Palestine" became common in Early Modern English, was used in English and Arabic during the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem. In the 20th century the name was used by the British to refer to "Mandatory Palestine," a territory from the former Ottoman Empire which had been divided in the Sykes–Picot Agreement and secured by Britain via the Mandate for Palestine obtained from the League of Nations. Starting from 2013, the term was officially used in the eponymous "State of Palestine." Both incorporated geographic regions from the land commonly known as Palestine, into a new state whose territory was named Palestine.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by SouthEastFacts: 9:00am On May 17, 2021
compton11:
who need Christian's sympathy anyway?
Your terrorists brothers have been begging on Alj Jazeera English Facebook page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / China And Russia Prepare To Accept Taliban Rule Of Afghanistan(Pics) / Kenyan Football Fans Sexually Assault A Lady Inside Bush (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.