Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? (18015 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2021
Ernesthugo:
fraud that what u rely on.

It is not like the 3 month is free but they would save it for you and then pay all at once the 4th month.
What of if I'm a born again Christian I don't do fraud my friend
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by eluquenson(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Why are people saying this
There is job security and peace of mind. Steady promotion and lots of benefits.

My mother retires from a federal ministry.

1 Like

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Ernesthugo(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2021
Hassanmaye:

What of if I'm a born again Christian I don't do fraud my friend
you live from your bank account

1 Like

Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Ernesthugo(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2021
eluquenson:
There is job security and peace of mind. Steady promotion and lots of benefits.

My mother retires from a federal ministry.
has she been paid pension ??
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by eluquenson(m): 2:28pm On May 18, 2021
Ernesthugo:
has she been paid pension ??
Yes, she has been receiving her monthly pension for like 9 years now and 13 more years to collect. Kudos to Gen Obasanjo for this lifelong legacy unlike the Mannequin in Abuja who only has sad
& sorrow legacies to leave behind.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2021
Ernesthugo:
Lol
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2021
Ernesthugo:
grin grin
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 12:27am On May 20, 2021
CrazyMan:

Getting Federal jobs are mostly based on referrals, for over 5 years no federal government parastatal apart from the military has openly advertised recruitment exercise, so applying is impossible since there's no portal where you can submit your application to.

If you know anyone in any ministry he or she can refer you, and you'll be employed based on who brought you into the job, that's how it is with federal government jobs.
Hmmmm. Thanks for the eye-opener.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by drezo(m): 9:59pm On May 20, 2021
stanley000:
are you really asking this? federal jobs anyday anytime. private job is nonsense, no job security, they make you work your ass off like you are a machine. immagine after compleating my probation at one useless coy like that the imbesile looking boss handed me the employement letter, u need to see the clause they wanted me to sign

- that i can be fired anytime anyday with or without cause without any pay whatsover
-that i can be suspended whenever the company deemed with or without cause
- no single benefits, not even transport.

i tore the letter and threw it to his face, i'm a benin boy him know say i go beat am on credit join.

blacks are wicked i swear

That's a wicked clause.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by drezo(m): 10:04pm On May 20, 2021
peterjero:
Bank job anyday anytime ,makes you smarter and richer . The information and wealth of experience you get in the banking sector is second to none , when you work in the civil service the advantage you have is corruption, absenteeism and docility. You become wicked as a civil servant because you always want to be bribed for everything. I rest my case

It's all a choice.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by akanbiaa(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

I can't ask for leave. I need to know how many days the exercise will take, so I can determine my next line of action.
Screening in Federal jobs is no guarantee at all, majority of those who will later get the job will not even come for screening, as long as you can work out something that will not affect your current job to go for the screening good if not shown to your current job.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by akanbiaa(m): 10:17am On May 21, 2021
peterjero:
Bank job anyday anytime ,makes you smarter and richer . The information and wealth of experience you get in the banking sector is second to none , when you work in the civil service the advantage you have is corruption, absenteeism and docility. You become wicked as a civil servant because you always want to be bribed for everything. I rest my case
That is for general bank job and how it is supposed to be NOT for Nigerian bank jobs that will keep you apprehensive with fear of being sacked anytime for no reason or not meeting unrealistic target or challenge of handling some dishonest customers successfully and the lack of time to face other important aspects of your life. So you cannot condemn others if they go for jobs that give them peace of mind and happiness.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by yusufdayo1: 4:00pm On May 23, 2021
Ninisun:
Just forget about your Bsc when you start your federal job...you will have to undertake another degree for you to be converted to a senior staff or promoted. Just go for the federal job with an open mind, if not..you will be frustrated cus conversion in civil service no be here.
Wish you luck.

Even though you go for another degree, conversion is not guaranteed. I am talking from experience.
Re: Bank Job Or Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 23, 2021
yusufdayo1:

Even though you go for another degree, conversion is not guaranteed. I am talking from experience.

Depends on where you work sha,in Universities...outgoing VCs convert bf leaves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry / Drama As Senate Confirms Victor Muruako As Fiscal Responsibility Commission Boss / What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.