Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) (64432 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / Nigeria Acquires New Train Coaches / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 16, 2021
ViolentMooslim:
Afonja, listen to me, It won't work!!!

Yes it will work. I dont know who you are. But whatever he has done will work.
Carry your negative prayer and frustration and get out of Nairaland.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2021
The investors who trusted this guy with their money must definitely see what other airlines aren't seeing.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by holaphem(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2021
africandollar:
Waa sere Omoluabi! No need ask where he got the money from...dude was an investment banker so you have an idea he's been funded by angels. cool
I hope it ain’t what I am thinking �
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2021
cheesy
PlayMaker14:
Now this is commendable from the young handsome man who did not allow the distraction of an average Nigerian girl get in his way...

He was very much aware that the future was technology, investment and personal development and not FEMALE....

He has keyed into this and already reaping the rewards.

God bless him for saving every "2k" to pursue his goals.
grin

urgent 2k crew
over to you o
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by koladata(m): 5:26pm On May 16, 2021
kpk
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Menance: 5:26pm On May 16, 2021
Yolo-bestards chasing Igbo Shadow. From the copycat Nord to green Africa. See them chest beating already while mentioning their benefactor up and down. Igbo leads while others follow
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by uchelouis45(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Respect tha Dogg
Alright, thank you so much.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2021
africandollar:
Waa sere Omoluabi! No need ask where he got the money from...dude was an investment banker so you have an idea he's been funded by angels. cool

guy stop joor

which of the angels fund am again.
don't you know that usa pays good money as minimum wage ?

a certain former actor who left Nollywood to do security guard in usa , he's quite tall
he said that the money he makes in one year in usa as a guard is much more than the ones he made all put together while acting in Nigeria.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by onatisi(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2021
many of these new investors only see the potentials of the Nigerian market if things are working normally BUT always fail to take into consideration the current economic realities and problems on ground . even those airlines that have been in existence for years are now finding it hard to cope BUT I do pray this guy makes it . Because the challenges on ground rights now doesn't favor most new entrants
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by lastempero: 5:30pm On May 16, 2021
daddytime:
Beautiful and a big congratulations to you Mr. Afolabi.

You beat me to this plan but I ain't relenting.

We need more budget airlines in Nigeria in the mould of "Easyjets and Ryanair".

Easyjey dey learn work. Ryanair na die, imagine flying to another country with 13 euros but covid really hit them
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 5:30pm On May 16, 2021
uchelouis45:
Alright, thank you so much.
I'm not 100% sure but if it's not, I'll research it for you.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:36pm On May 16, 2021
paranorman:
I guess he has able investors bank rolling him. I won't be surprise if one or more politician is behind the scene. It really pays to the right people, who are also good.
/
That’s business. He may only have 5% stake in the business or less, but he is the face of the business. That’s all.

/
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by lastempero: 5:37pm On May 16, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

guy stop joor

a certain former actor who left Nollywood to do security guard in usa , he's quite tall
he said that the money he makes in one year in usa as a guard is much more than the ones he made all put together while acting in Nigeria.

He wasn't a good actor n he lied too.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Dahvid05(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2021
Are you a professional or a beginner at digital marketing??

Can you run ads and all you need is support in getting products and funds for your ads?

Are seeing this and you reside in Lagos??

R e a c h - o u t - v I a : 0 8 1 1 0 8 0 4 9 2 1
C a l l , T e x t. O r c h a t
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Nmezor(f): 5:45pm On May 16, 2021
Great news

1 Like

Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by mrkings84(m): 5:48pm On May 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Now this is commendable from the young handsome man who did not allow the distraction of an average Nigerian girl get in his way...

He was very much aware that the future was technology, investment and personal development and not FEMALE....

He has keyed into this and already reaping the rewards.

God bless him for saving every "2k" to pursue his goals.

Amen to the prayer
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by baddosky1: 5:49pm On May 16, 2021
KoshCAD:
This news really pain your flat head o

Hahahaha!

I stand with Onyema who is like a man who has control over the Atlantic ocean...

Then your babawande comes along with a small pond and you say I am pained? grin grin

You need your cone head examined!

1 Like

Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by 77up(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2021
ViolentMooslim:
Afonja, listen to me, It won't work!!!
Worked already,stop hating.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by JohnBullMySon: 5:49pm On May 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's not good to criticize, but no investment banker can acquire fleet of airplanes. How much be their salaries?

I strongly believe that the guy raised funds through crowdfunding or encouraged some venture capitalists and angel investors to believe in him.

That's the only legit way he could have raised such funds to chase his dream. Let's be honest, floating an airline is capital intensive.
He dry leased the aircrafts.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by OlayemiAshraf(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2021
gimakon:

I used to know Yorubas , at least few ones i have met to be political. Your case is different, you are not political, you are really stupid. So you think we would be pained because of someone who decided to put his reasoning together for good use? We commend someone who knows what he's doing. Your kind is the reason why we say yoruba are snitches. He does not know you, you just seen him by banners and rather than you putting your rackets together , this crap is what you have to say? Are you even literate at all?
So Ibos dont have Airpeace and the others? Do you by chance know how many Igbos have airline industries? The capital oils and the likes?

In ibo land, there is competition , nearly everyone is a millionaire or billionaire. They did not do it by acting like you. They did it with hardwork and not you glorifying those who made it.

Ebere m n'emegi. Shameless human being.

""You are not pained""? And you wrote all these grin ...
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Cutie09(m): 5:56pm On May 16, 2021
Good luck bro God bless your hustle.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by africandollar: 5:57pm On May 16, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

guy stop joor

grin guy you funny die
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by africandollar: 5:58pm On May 16, 2021
holaphem:
I hope it ain’t what I am thinking �

dunno what you're thinking o but I meant an angel investor.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Cutie09(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Omo oduduwa ... Chest pain straight to dog eaters, ipob, esn grin

Get a life bro.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Oracleforce: 5:59pm On May 16, 2021
Menance:
Yolo-bestards chasing Igbo Shadow. From the copycat Nord to green Africa. See them chest beating already while mentioning their benefactor up and down. Igbo leads while others follow

As if Igbo person is the.president.....when as you person become the president of this country....? So, tell me where you are leading....
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Oracleforce: 5:59pm On May 16, 2021
Cutie09:

Get a life bro.

Oni kuure
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by xxxXXXxxx: 6:02pm On May 16, 2021
This is really commendable, safe trips!
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Oracleforce: 6:03pm On May 16, 2021
onatisi:
many of these new investors only see the potentials of the Nigerian market if things are working normally BUT always fail to take into consideration the current economic realities and problems on ground . even those airlines that have been in existence for years are now finding it hard to cope BUT I do pray this guy makes it . Because the challenges on ground rights now doesn't favor most new entrants

There will always be challenges for entrepreneurs...it takes courage and determination to succeed in business....
Let him start anyhow, and let us see how he is fairing for 2 years
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by Cutie09(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

It's not good to criticize, but no investment banker can acquire fleet of airplanes. How much be their salaries?

I strongly believe that the guy raised funds through crowdfunding or encouraged some venture capitalists and angel investors to believe in him.

That's the only legit way he could have raised such funds to chase his dream. Let's be honest, floating an airline is capital intensive.

Some investment bankers are loaded. Brian Rose was an investment banker in USA. Made lots money quit cuz he was not being fulfilled he moved down here to London set up podcast where he interview people on events happening now he is impacting people knowledge wise i heard he wants to be London Mayor next elections.

I like it when people try to create opportunities for others. Good luck to him my worry is the system yardua government pursue Richard Brandon out of nigeria because he refuse to pay bribe to renew his airline operating licence
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by jclassiq(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2021
I sincerely pray from the bottom of my heart that it works out for the young man.

The heart of man is desperately wicked. The so-called tycoons in the business are such wicked bunch. It took one Indian movie for me to realize that.
Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by fostermd(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2021
The front guy Afolabi worked as an investment banker and also previously worked at American Airline.

The airline is funded by Hedge funds,venture capitalists and institutional investors who have great confidence in him and Nigerian market which is grossly undeserved in aviation sector.The goal is to make the airline a low cost one.

They previously ordered 50 Boeing 737 max but cancelled the order due to problems and 2 major crashes of the model.They have now placed a confirmed order of 50 brand new Airbus,fuel efficient mid range aircraft worth around $3 billiin dollars.This is the single largest aircraft order by any Nigerisn company.

They have their game plan and the investors are very confident. I am.one of the early partners of the airline.

2 Likes

Re: Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) by semyman: 6:09pm On May 16, 2021
I just hope he is not another Invictus Obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mark Babatunde Living In Russia’s Yakutia, Cold Village, Shares Photos / Tipper Driver Disappears From Accident Scene In Abuja (photo) / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.