Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

My Marriage Is Hell On Earth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Hell On Earth (7760 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by sokkatua: 3:27pm On May 16, 2021
Hi fellow Nairalanders, I want to share my story with you. I have been living in Canada for over 20 years, unfortunately, a Nigerian girl whom I love very much broke my heart in 2005, I was disillusioned and almost died from the depression. In 2007, my father, God rest his soul decided to introduce me to his doctor, a fresh graduate of the nation's premier university. I instantly fell in love with her, we would talk for hours, my phone bill was astronomical, unfortunately, in 2008 I was arrested in a caribean country for attempted smuggling. My wife patiently waited for me till I got out in 2012. We got married and had a daughter, but because of my criminal past, I could not sponsor my wife and daughter till 2019, so I had to travel to Nigeria every year to visit them.
To cut the long story short, i spent almost 15K dollars altogether, everything was great in the beginning but then I lost my 60k a year job in 2020 and that was the beginning of the end of my marriage. My wife would leave home for two days claiming she's working overtime, she would cook for my daughter but not for me , we longer communicate in the house, she refuses to contribute anything towards mortgage or bills because according to her, it's man's job to pay for everything even though I m only making minimum wage working as a concierge. A particular guy drops her off every time she goes to work and when i asked her who he is , she went into a tirade questioning my rights to question her.I tolerated her effrontery till three weeks ago when she was boldly telling a guy she loves him right in front of me . I lost my cool and I ended up in jail for 3 days . Right now I m not allowed to go back to the house or contact my daughter whom she now claims is not mine .I have decided to return to Nigeria with the 25k left in my account,i cant go back to prison again because prisoners often targets anyone accused of harming a woman or a child. I'm appealing to anyone to please hook me up with a job or any hustle in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by addictedwriter(m): 3:31pm On May 16, 2021
Lord have mercy....

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by QorQe: 3:34pm On May 16, 2021
sokkatua:
Hi fellow Nairalanders, I want to share my story with you. I have been living in Canada for over 20 years, unfortunately, a Nigerian girl whom I love very much broke my heart in 2005, I was disillusioned and almost died from the depression. In 2007, my father, God rest his soul decided to introduce me to his doctor, a fresh graduate of the nation's premier university. I instantly fell in love with her, we would talk for hours, my phone bill was astronomical, unfortunately, in 2008 I was arrested in a caribean country for attempted smuggling. My wife patiently waited for me till I got out in 2012. We got married and had a daughter, but because of my criminal past, I could not sponsor my wife and daughter till 2019, so I had to travel to Nigeria every year to visit them.
To cut the long story short, i spent almost 15K dollars altogether, everything was great in the beginning but then I lost my 60k a year job in 2020 and that was the beginning of the end of my marriage. My wife would leave home for two days claiming she's working overtime, she would cook for my daughter but not for me , we longer communicate in the house, she refuses to contribute anything towards mortgage or bills because according to her, it's man's job to pay for everything even though I m only making minimum wage working as a concierge. A particular guy drops her off every time she goes to work and when i asked her who he is , she went into a tirade questioning my rights to question her.I tolerated her effrontery till three weeks ago when she was boldly telling a guy she loves him right in front of me . I lost my cool and I ended up in jail for 3 days . Right now I m not allowed to go back to the house or contact my daughter whom she now claims is not mine .I have decided to return to Nigeria with the 25k left in my account,i cant go back to prison again because prisoners often targets anyone accused of harming a woman or a child. I'm appealing to anyone to please hook me up with a job or any hustle in Nigeria.

Can we talk?

You will see the transformation if we interact.

Knock on me on WhatsApp.. Check my siggy

You can build a 100k Usd per annum company of your own and rebuild your life.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Romanoff(f): 3:37pm On May 16, 2021
I'm sorry to say but that woman never loved you.

I guess she just wanted an abroad man that was earning foreign currency so since the money stopped coming, the respect went out the door.

28 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by daddytime(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2021
I'm just so gobsmacked.

One thing is certain, and that is...

The realness and originality of your story can be felt by the experienced.

It's a tough one to call and I know you now wished you had just walked away and never went violent on your missus.

A little self-restraint however hard it seems does many wonders.

Never give up though, you can go on a rebuilding, atone and make amends for your mistakes, and you'll be set on a new path.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Righteousness2(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2021
What a Sad and Pathetic story!
Here is my little advice!
Calm down bro ! Don't be in a haste to take decisions. Don't be in a Haste to return to Nigeria.
Use this personal time to talk and Reason with GOD on your life.
Use this personal time to release yourself to GOD, pour yourself out to Him and Build a relationship with JESUS. That is Foundation of your life.
This is what you need now! I Believe if u Honestly do this, your life and things around u will begin to get anew.

Lastly! Be very careful with who discusses business with u so your cash does not Disappear in a twinkling of an eye. Guys are not Smiling at all! Infact I advice you Desist from any such discussion for now.

I Pray For you! GOD Almighty comfort you and Give u Peace in JESUS Name... Amen

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by SUPERPACK: 3:45pm On May 16, 2021
Just be careful with those guys up there telling you to contact them to help you start a business, in times of vulnerability like this just assume that everyone is an opportunist/enemy.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Dottore: 3:46pm On May 16, 2021
Tales of marital woes everywhere.
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by DICKstractor: 3:46pm On May 16, 2021
undecided

Best bet is divorce although it doesn't favour men abroad in some kind of way. Do t even think of coming to Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by thorpido(m): 3:47pm On May 16, 2021
Why do you think leaving Canada is your best choice?
Your marriage isn't working for now.Your best bet will be to separate,move away and try to pick yourself up.Look for ways you can acquire skills to earn you better income.

The doors of your marriage should be left open for reconciliation someday but you need to live your life now.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 3:47pm On May 16, 2021
Come home first baba...

ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by doubleE70: 3:50pm On May 16, 2021
crywow people are wicked ooo sorry bro I feel ur pain as a real (nigga)
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Twoclans(f): 3:52pm On May 16, 2021
@ OP please what exactly do you want to come and do in Nigeria .The country has cast ohhh,let me just tell you.

My humble solution to your problem , go back to your wife.Try and turn a blind eye to her trouble and behave yourself .Whatever you do make sure you dont leave canada.

If you come back to Nigeria without Money,naija babes will show you their true colour.

19 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2021
Romanoff:
I'm sorry to say but that woman never loved you.

I guess she just wanted an abroad man that was earning foreign currency so since the money stopped coming, the respect went out the door.

Love? Is there such a thing sha? Been around for a while now and I tell you the things I see ehn, makes love a fairytale

Besides, she is a doctor so she has her own money. Not the usual gold digging broke ass girls desperate to hook a sucker. She didn't date him for his foreign currency. She dated him because she had no option at that time. Losing his job is an excuse to exercise her inner demons.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Cutehector(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2021
Twoclans:
@ OP please what exactly do you want to come and do in Nigeria .The country has cast ohhh,let me just tell you.

My humble solution to your problem go back to your wife.Try and turn a blind eye to her trouble and behave yourself .Whatever you do make sure you dont leave canada.

If you come back to Nigeria without Money,naija babes will show you their true colour.
nooo they wont.. Babes like biacan will rush him
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Twoclans(f): 3:55pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:
Come home first baba...

ASAP

What do you want him to come home and do?

He should just swallow his pride and manage that woman.He should go and ask men who swallow their prides when leaving with women that have more money than them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2021
Twoclans:

My humble solution to your problem go back to your wife.Try and turn a blind eye to her trouble and behave yourself .Whatever you do make sure you dont leave canada.

Even me wey advise am just now to come back just now dey drunk. What's he coming for? Nothing here na

Let him divorce because if he doesn't, his BP will go through the roof and he might go on some revenge-ish mission that will land him forever in jail. With divorce,comes peace of mind and at least a chance to build his life again. Even the daughter isn't his,by the wife's take so what's he staying in the marriage for?

Your last line is funny. You mean you can do me shege without money too? grin
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by thorpido(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

Love? Is there such a thing sha? Been around for a while now and I tell you the things I see ehn, makes love a fairytale

Besides, she is a doctor so she has her own money. Not the usual gold digging broke ass girls desperate to hook a sucker. She didn't date him for his foreign currency. She dated him because she had no option at that time. Losing his job is an excuse to exercise her inner demons.
It was an opportunity for her to step up no doubt.

7 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by kaymart: 4:02pm On May 16, 2021
Life happens

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Romanoff(f): 4:04pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

So sad.
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by AmeLonRo(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2021
Kindly share the idea and gist hee. many will benefit that way.

QorQe:

Can we talk?

You will see the transformation if we interact.

Knock on me on WhatsApp.. Check my siggy

You can build a 100k Usd per annum company of your own and rebuild your life.

8 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by CheedyJ(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2021
My humble advice, just be careful of scammers, dem plenty for here ...make you no go fly from frying pan enter fire..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Rocktation(f): 4:13pm On May 16, 2021
How wonderful that Nigeria is now the Mexico of Africa.

Where everyone seemingly assumes that they can get a decent job without thoughts for history, criminal or otherwise.

I can't say that I don't wish you well, though. Just don't forget that there are only so many chances for any one person, to do better.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by AmeLonRo(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2021
Do you know you can double your money on market days?

All you need to do is to buy from farmers who bring goods o the market early in the morning or a day before the market and sell to others in the same market in the morning or afternoon of the market day(s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o7qCL-ssVk
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2021
Twoclans:

What do you want him to come home and do?

He should just swallow his pride and manage that woman.He should go and ask men who swallow their prides when leaving with women that have more money than them.

Told u I was drunk before.

Besides, it's not the issue of money now is it? It's the disrespect, disregard and outright contempt for the husband. What's he staying for when she told him,even the daughter ain't his?

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by AmeLonRo(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2021
Work at home mum, where are you?
Work at home dad where are you?
Work at home students, where are you?

You can double your money on market days right there at the market.
Stop being ashamed of the job you can do and it will fetch you a living and a life.

Your job can't be robbery, kidnapping, occult or any vice.
Once your job is legit, my friend ride on.
wake up and get busy on market days to make it big this season and other seasons (all the time).

Tell me how it goes in the comment section below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI51pOCdALc
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 4:17pm On May 16, 2021
thorpido:
It was an opportunity for her to step up no doubt.
For me, she had no option and never loved him. Too bad that he couldn't figure that out after his first heartbreak
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by lekbel09(m): 4:17pm On May 16, 2021
Sokkatua be very careful of scammers....I wish you all the best
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Foodqueen(f): 4:19pm On May 16, 2021
Be careful make them no collect the 25k balance from you o.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Twoclans(f): 4:28pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

Told u I was drunk before.

Besides, it's not the issue of money now is it? It's the disrespect, disregard and outright contempt for the husband. What's he staying for when she told him,even the daughter ain't his?

Lumi my love everything in life is not gra gra,its unfortunate things are bad for him now.He needs to survive temporarily. All I am saying is that he should forget love for now, forget if the child is his or not and forget who drops her off .

Staying in the house will give him a roof over his head pending when he puts himself together and gets a new job and gets away from her space.If he even behaves himself she will give him food.

Lumi dear to answer your question earlier yes if you dont have money I will show you pepper,i dont like a man who cant hold his side.They are very disgusting. angry

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 16, 2021
This is why it is good to watch and pray hard before settling for someone. Marriage can make or mar you.

Never marry anyone based on people's recommendationa. Understudy them yourself coupled with prayers before concluding they are good for you.

May God guide you to your dream job and restore you to a better state.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Conflict Between Family And Career. / Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? / What Or Who Influences Your Critical Decisions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.