Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

My Marriage Is Hell On Earth - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Hell On Earth (7776 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Karleb(m): 4:38pm On May 16, 2021
CharisEleos:
This is why it is good to watch and pray hard before settling for someone. Marriage can make or mar you.

Never marry anyone based on people's recommendationa. Understudy them yourself coupled with prayers before concluding they are good for you.

May God guide you to your dream job and restore you to a better state.

All of you are like that until you land in Canada then you forget your home training.

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 4:39pm On May 16, 2021
Twoclans:

Lumi my love everything in life is not gra gra,its unfortunate things are bad for him now.He needs to survive temporarily. All I am saying is that he should forget love for now, forget if the child is his or not and forget who drops her off .

Staying in the house will give him a roof over his head pending when he puts himself together and gets a new job and gets away from her space.If he even behaves himself she will give him food.

Lumi dear to answer your question earlier yes if you dont have money I will show you pepper,i dont like a man who cant hold his side.They are very disgusting. angry

Your second paragraph is understood. But what stops her from initiating divorce as we dey talk now now ehn? he would still lose a lot, shey u know. He is completely at her mercy. Anyways, unless he has no other option sha.

Your last paragraph had me guffawing. My love my love, money is not everything o. Shebi u go sha gimme food or na hunger galore? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2021
CharisEleos:
This is why it is good to watch and pray hard before settling for someone. Marriage can make or mar you.

Never marry anyone based on people's recommendationa. Understudy them yourself coupled with prayers before concluding they are good for you.

May God guide you to your dream job and restore you to a better state.
Your second paragraph is subject to debate. Back in the olden days, young men marry based on recommendations from parents and such o...
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Twoclans(f): 4:42pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

Your second paragraph is understood. But what stops her from initiating divorce as we dey talk now now ehn? he would still lose a lot, shey u know. He is completely at her mercy. Anyways, unless he has no other option sha.

Your last paragraph had me guffawing. My love my love, money is not everything o. Shebi u go sha gimme food or na hunger galore? cheesy

LOL

I will give you food.It is never a good thing to starve a fellow human being just because you have more money than the person. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 16, 2021
Romanoff:
I'm sorry to say but that woman never loved you.

I guess she just wanted an abroad man that was earning foreign currency so since the money stopped coming, the respect went out the door.
FRANKLY speaking that woman never loved him.
That's means my wife is a rare gem.
You don't know what you have until you lose it.
I had about 3M when I was marrying my wife.
After marriage she personally gave me 7M to support the project I was doing back home.
Although she's based in the States.
I joined her few years ago.
Despite joining her, her character hasn't changed for one bit, she keeps performing wonders.
She clears bills without any altercation.
Although I give full scale support now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

Your second paragraph is subject to debate. Back in the olden days, young men marry based on recommendations from parents and such o...

You said back in the day. Not anymore.

Karleb:

All of you are like that until you land in Canada then you forget your home training.

Don't generalize. Everybody is not the same. I will never do such to someone I love and agreed to spend the rest of my life with.
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 5:26pm On May 16, 2021
CharisEleos:

You said back in the day. Not anymore.

Don't generalize. Everybody is not the same. I will never do such to someone I love and agreed to spend the rest of my life with.

Awwwwwn...so you are a good geh abi? grin

Yinmu
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 16, 2021
Karleb:

Abroad based LADIES who visit Nigeria to marry Men have better prognosis in marriage when compared to MEN who visit Nigeria to marry Home based Ladies.

I was home based before my wife married me.
Most of my Nigerian men who came in like me are still married to their wives, although a few had issues and parted.

Most Ladies find it difficult managing sudden Freedom and wealth.

7 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 5:27pm On May 16, 2021
Twoclans:

LOL

I will give you food.It is never a good thing to starve a fellow human being just because you have more money than the person. cheesy
Thanks darling.... cheesy cheesy

If you can give the man food and understanding, trust me, such a man won't rest on his oars till he becomes successful as before. And guess who he will trust more than before? YOU!!!
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Abroad based LADIES who visit Nigeria to marry Men have better prognosis compared to MEN who visit Nigeria to marry Home based Ladies.

I was home based before my wife married me.
Most of my Nigerian men who came in like me are still married to their wives, although a few had issues and parted.

Most Ladies find it difficult managing sudden Freedom and wealth.

Does your wife have an unmarried younger sister abroad?

I'm available for pickup biko
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

Does your wife have an unmarried younger sister abroad?
I'm available for pickup biko
She has but my wife & I wouldn't recommend her to you, for her madness knows no bounds.
She has gone haywire. She can run her mouth on your entire family just like the Black Americans.
Although I believe she can still be revived if the right man clinches her.

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by pocohantas(f): 5:41pm On May 16, 2021
Twoclans:
@ OP please what exactly do you want to come and do in Nigeria .The country has cast ohhh,let me just tell you.

My humble solution to your problem go back to your wife.Try and turn a blind eye to her trouble and behave yourself .Whatever you do make sure you dont leave canada.

If you come back to Nigeria without Money,naija babes will show you their true colour.

Hmmm. You want him to die of depression or high BP?

6 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

She has but my wife & I wouldn't recommend her to you, for her madness knows no bounds.
She has gone haywire. She can run her mouth on your entire family just like the Black Americans.
Although I believe she can still be revived if the right man clinches her.

I'm the right man, bro.

Verbally abusive? Lmaooooo... I eat girls like that for a living na. Have you seen where girl go abuse you and after she finish, you just let some farts rip and watch as she flees from you? I'm fuqin crazy that way.

Anyways, I'm just clowning with the visa stuff. Anyone man or woman who wants to help me is free to do so. I'm too old to be lying to a woman about marriage so I can get visa Biko.
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Bodyodour: 5:52pm On May 16, 2021
QorQe:

Can we talk?

You will see the transformation if we interact.

Knock on me on WhatsApp.. Check my siggy

You can build a 100k Usd per annum company of your own and rebuild your life.
@sokkatua, run for your life,na like this dem go finish you kpatakpata if care is not taken.

And any spirit telling you to come back,let it die immediately. Pick up yourself and continue in Canada.

6 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by UDUJ(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2021
Stories like these makes me happy being single. Na wah undecided

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2021
UDUJ:
You better goan marry, old pumper!!! grin wink
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by UDUJ(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

You better goan marry, old pumper!!! grin wink

Hahhahhahahha cheesy

Lumi the pressure from parents and the ladies is heating up everyday but I am not ready to give up my peaceful and happy single life yet cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 5:58pm On May 16, 2021
UDUJ:

Hahhahhahahha cheesy

Lumi the pressure from parents and the ladies is heating up everyday but I am not ready to give up my peaceful and happy single life yet cheesy

Lol...I can imagine.

Take your time and be sure bro. Marriage is no child's play Biko

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by QorQe: 6:13pm On May 16, 2021
Bodyodour:
@sokkatua, run for your life,na like this dem go finish you kpatakpata if care is not taken.

And any spirit telling you to come back,let it die immediately. Pick up yourself and continue in Canada.

Smiles. I run an enterprise of my own and my annual returns in nine digits

Envy will kill you lots. What's my own with helping anyone. Mtcheew
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by crackhaus: 6:25pm On May 16, 2021
sokkatua:

My wife would leave home for two days claiming she's working overtime, she would cook for my daughter but not for me , we longer communicate in the house, she refuses to contribute anything towards mortgage or bills because according to her, it's man's job to pay for everything even though I m only making minimum wage working as a concierge. A particular guy drops her off every time she goes to work and when i asked her who he is , she went into a tirade questioning my rights to question her. I tolerated her effrontery till three weeks ago when she was boldly telling a guy she loves him right in front of me . I lost my cool and I ended up in jail for 3 days.
That right there is the only problem I can detect in your marriage. You tolerated too much, and women will always be women – give them an inch, best believe they're gonna take a mile.

The moment she started doing things you didn't like was the moment you should have acted by calling her out on them. She would have tried to gaslight you by calling you names such as "insecure", "immature", "too jealous"... she may have even gone as far as comparing you with other men who act more manly than you do (in her opinion) because they don't complain too much.

The point is, you allowed her get away with a lot because you were trying to be the calm mature husband.

Tolerating a woman's bad behaviour will never get you anywhere with her – it won't make her love you more, it won't make her stop misbehaving either... what it simply does is make her bolder. And look where bottling up all those negative emotions got you – a three-day jailcation.

I suggest you let that woman be – she may even be right and that child you share with her is truly not yours, you never really know with these women.
You don't need to go back to Nigeria either... but out of curiosity, what exactly is your reason for considering such a move?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Optimistdude: 6:29pm On May 16, 2021
sokkatua:
. I'm appealing to anyone to please hook me up with a job or any hustle in Nigeria.
Guy, contact @toyosigodwin on Twitter
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by sisisioge: 6:32pm On May 16, 2021
Wow! Please be careful who you connect with to help hook you up. The 25k usd you mentioned makes you an easy target for swindlers o.

Meanwhile, may God help your situation.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by irijuola: 6:37pm On May 16, 2021
sokkatua:
Hi fellow Nairalanders, I want to share my story with you. I have been living in Canada for over 20 years, unfortunately, a Nigerian girl whom I love very much broke my heart in 2005, I was disillusioned and almost died from the depression. In 2007, my father, God rest his soul decided to introduce me to his doctor, a fresh graduate of the nation's premier university. I instantly fell in love with her, we would talk for hours, my phone bill was astronomical, unfortunately, in 2008 I was arrested in a caribean country for attempted smuggling. My wife patiently waited for me till I got out in 2012. We got married and had a daughter, but because of my criminal past, I could not sponsor my wife and daughter till 2019, so I had to travel to Nigeria every year to visit them.
To cut the long story short, i spent almost 15K dollars altogether, everything was great in the beginning but then I lost my 60k a year job in 2020 and that was the beginning of the end of my marriage. My wife would leave home for two days claiming she's working overtime, she would cook for my daughter but not for me , we longer communicate in the house, she refuses to contribute anything towards mortgage or bills because according to her, it's man's job to pay for everything even though I m only making minimum wage working as a concierge. A particular guy drops her off every time she goes to work and when i asked her who he is , she went into a tirade questioning my rights to question her.I tolerated her effrontery till three weeks ago when she was boldly telling a guy she loves him right in front of me . I lost my cool and I ended up in jail for 3 days . Right now I m not allowed to go back to the house or contact my daughter whom she now claims is not mine .I have decided to return to Nigeria with the 25k left in my account,i cant go back to prison again because prisoners often targets anyone accused of harming a woman or a child. I'm appealing to anyone to please hook me up with a job or any hustle in Nigeria.

I hope help locate you soon. Be careful of scammers who hide under the guise of helpers. Be very careful so you don't lose the $25K to scammers. Think wisely.

Personally, I'll advise you to stay in Canada, maybe change province. Pick yourself up and turn your lemon into lemonade
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Twelfthman: 6:38pm On May 16, 2021
Pathetic
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:41pm On May 16, 2021
UDUJ:
My brother no bi only u ohhhhhh, things I do see and hear scare the shot out of me
Marriage wahala mehnnnnnn I might end up killing person pikin that's why is not in my agenda at all
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by OyinNurse(f): 7:09pm On May 16, 2021
sokkatua:
Hi fellow Nairalanders, I want to share my story with you. I have been living in Canada for over 20 years, unfortunately, a Nigerian girl whom I love very much broke my heart in 2005, I was disillusioned and almost died from the depression. In 2007, my father, God rest his soul decided to introduce me to his doctor, a fresh graduate of the nation's premier university. I instantly fell in love with her, we would talk for hours, my phone bill was astronomical, unfortunately, in 2008 I was arrested in a caribean country for attempted smuggling. My wife patiently waited for me till I got out in 2012. We got married and had a daughter, but because of my criminal past, I could not sponsor my wife and daughter till 2019, so I had to travel to Nigeria every year to visit them.
To cut the long story short, i spent almost 15K dollars altogether, everything was great in the beginning but then I lost my 60k a year job in 2020 and that was the beginning of the end of my marriage. My wife would leave home for two days claiming she's working overtime, she would cook for my daughter but not for me , we longer communicate in the house, she refuses to contribute anything towards mortgage or bills because according to her, it's man's job to pay for everything even though I m only making minimum wage working as a concierge. A particular guy drops her off every time she goes to work and when i asked her who he is , she went into a tirade questioning my rights to question her.I tolerated her effrontery till three weeks ago when she was boldly telling a guy she loves him right in front of me . I lost my cool and I ended up in jail for 3 days . Right now I m not allowed to go back to the house or contact my daughter whom she now claims is not mine .I have decided to return to Nigeria with the 25k left in my account,i cant go back to prison again because prisoners often targets anyone accused of harming a woman or a child. I'm appealing to anyone to please hook me up with a job or any hustle in Nigeria.

Haaaaa! This narrative gave me goosebumps. As a woman I cannot even imagine a married woman having the boldness to make declarations of love to another man in the presence of her husband. She no dey fear? If she no fear her husband, she for fear his 'eleda'. What she did will provoke any man, with blood in his veins BUT at the same time there is absolutely, irrevocably, and zero percent excuse for domestic violence so, Oga, you no try at all.
I cannot speculate as to whether she ever loved you but from this story it is obvious that she does not currently love you. Most women cannot love a man they do not respect and she no longer has respect for you. Marriage is a mystery so nobody here can tell you wether or not to divorce her but I will advice you to separate from her for now, until tempers calm down for the sake of sanctity and safety.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by Richy4(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2021
Before relocating to Nigeria, You should ask questions first.....You should relocate to another province in Canada if u don't want to see her again or if you were allergic to the air she might have exhaled in that Province.. Haba!!!! Back to Nigeria? who gave you this kind of idea?....

If you don't have a connection in Nigeria to help facilitate a job for you in a fast pace, you may die of depression thereooo..... You are better off in that Canadian province that speaks only French instead of going back to Nigeria.. at least with the language barrier you will be nodding your head and smiling sheepishly while you have something doing...
This story just made me sad after my earlier happiness of Liverpool and Westbrom match sad
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by GboyegaD(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2021
sokkatua:

What province are you? Move out of province, request paternity test for your daughter and pay child support if she's yours. You necessarily need not stress yourself and leave because of this.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by GboyegaD(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2021
luminouz:

Love? Is there such a thing sha? Been around for a while now and I tell you the things I see ehn, makes love a fairytale

Besides, she is a doctor so she has her own money. Not the usual gold digging broke ass girls desperate to hook a sucker. She didn't date him for his foreign currency. She dated him because she had no option at that time. Losing his job is an excuse to exercise her inner demons.

She just came in 2019 so she isn't done with her licensure. Even at that, is that a sufficient reason to cheat? Apparently, he didn't see the writing on the wall early enough.
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 8:05pm On May 16, 2021
GboyegaD:

She just came in 2019 so she isn't done with her licensure. Even at that, is that a sufficient reason to cheat? Apparently, he didn't see the writing on the wall early enough.
Yeah... No sane doctor would leave her husband over job loss alone.
Re: My Marriage Is Hell On Earth by luminouz(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
GboyegaD:

What province are you? Move out of province, request paternity test for your daughter and pay child support if she's yours. You necessarily need not stress yourself and leave because of this.
If you dey canada, link up with that bro and help save his mental life.

Unless the story as usual here,is a fuqin fake

N.B: See what I learned from his past posts below

sokkatua:
This na why i never bring my wife to Canada, no come put sand for my garri
This is your post of 2020.... Yet in your new story, you said you brought her to Canada in 2019.

Which kain confusion be this na? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elepaq Constant Or Sumec Firman 4.5kva / Cohabitation: A Recipe For Successful Marriage - Live Debate - Group B / Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.