Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business (20183 Views)

Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts / Buhari Had Successfully Pushed Ndi Igbo Into Cattle Business / Buhari Said The IGP Is Losing Weight. See The Moment (video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Zubydeangelo(m): 10:09am On May 17, 2021
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Karozy: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
powerfulguy:

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/05/16/nigeria-losing-billions-of-dollars-from-cattle-business-says-okorocha/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Look at this fool, you were governor for eight years, why didn’t you create jobs through the cattle business, na now your eye open.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by money4god: 10:41am On May 17, 2021
plaindealer:

See, this is your problem, you obviously don't know anything about the plan and you haven't read it.

You are not giving away any land, the land is your investment to create an animal husbandry industry in your own state to generate income, jobs and IGR for you and your people, even the billions to kick off the project with is free, but all because of ignorance, tribalism and bigotry, you denied yourself a golden opportunity to progress, develop, to create jobs and generate IGR.

So, apart from making silly and pointless noise, do you mind sharing with us the solution your useless governors came up with apart from banning this and that?

All, talk, but zero common sense.
Zubydeangelo post=101774187:
Ewu...no 1

If I may, I wish to engage you on an intelligent level and in so doing ask some questions.
First I must admit I do not have all the details regarding RUGA, however it appears that this RUGA arrangement is primarily focused on CATTLES and not livestock in general.
2ndly, the international trade on PORK for instance, rivals, and many times suppases that of BEEF. Same case for international trade on FISH MEAL which is obtained from FISH.
So why sir, if you know please enlighten me, is the Fed. Govt. not pursuing this other obvious ventures as it is doing for RUGA?
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by TonyNavas(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by TonyNavas(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2021
money4god:

If I may, I wish to engage you on an intelligent level and in so doing ask some questions.
First I must admit I do not have all the details regarding RUGA, however it appears that this RUGA arrangement is primarily focused on CATTLES and not livestock in general.
2ndly, the international trade on PORK for instance, rivals, and many times suppases that of BEEF. Same case for international trade on FISH MEAL which is obtained from FISH.
So why sir, if you know please enlighten me, is the Fed. Govt. not pursuing this other obvious ventures as it is doing for RUGA?
senseless senator
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Afamcy: 11:00am On May 17, 2021
Na thunder from Zimbabwe go fire you.. idiot.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by mofedamijo(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2021
plaindealer:

What goods are you talking about? I wasn't talking about oil.

You said overall export....
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by odogwunaija(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2021
Wherr fools stand, Rochas outstand.

What a foolish fool
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Litmus: 11:17am On May 17, 2021
He is right. Nigerians used to be practical and imaginative people, I hope we still are and that this period - when we became like your typical African nation unable to see beyond war and charity aid - is an aberration. In spite of the people’s rightful anger at Militant Herdsmen and demands for laws on droving to be implemented, we have the capacity to look deeper for ways of turning this whole situation into one that benefits the majority. The West benefits hugely from African conflict situation it is not beyond us to look beyond our anger, frustrations and resentful sulk to work with the Northern cattle association to create a beef and cattle industry.

End cattle droving and begin controlled cattle industry, nothing wrong with that, except you're harbouring simmering resentments and vengeful hatred that blinds you to possibilities for progress.

At the heart of the viruses and germs that kill humans in the millions there you’ll find white people digging around for means of control and profit making in the form of vaccines.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:46am On May 17, 2021
Why can't you achieve this when you were a governor in Imo. Thief
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by chaloskyx: 11:50am On May 17, 2021
LOL BILLIONS OF DOLLARS INDEED IF IT WAS THAT VIABLE WHY DID IMO STATE NOT EMBARK ON IT WHILE YOU WERE GOVERNOR ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR LOW IGR MR ECONOMIST BUNCH OF MORONS TRYING HARD TO IMPRESS MR PRESIDENT SO THAT YOU EFCC CASE WOULD BE DROPPED. NOW I SEE WHERE THE PRISON BREAK AND UNREST IN IMO STATE IS COMING FROM
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by nedu666: 11:54am On May 17, 2021
Mumu man govt should give you 76 billion to organize cattle business. The one u stole in imo, the one u are currently stealing in senate is not enough
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by anoziechi(f): 12:34pm On May 17, 2021
Okoroawusa thunder gba gbuo kwa gi dia
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by descarado: 12:51pm On May 17, 2021
Grandmeister:

Anybody who knows a thing or two about cattle buisness knows this naa.
Happy some already know.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by joyandfaith: 1:22pm On May 17, 2021
plaindealer:

Who should? When was the last time you or any soul in your village or state established any ranch?

Cow rearing is personal business just like farming.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by budaatum: 1:58pm On May 17, 2021
seguno2:

What is true about government giving money for a business that should be done by entrepreneurs?
How much money is the federal government giving to pig farmers, cassava farmers, ICT businesses etc

No one says government should give money to any business. Entrepreneurs can find their own money, buy land and set up a ranch.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by budaatum: 2:01pm On May 17, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Why didn't he do it when he was a governor. Just when out of power all the ideas come
I do agree with you. They talk now but did nothing when they were in power, but as I said above, ranch is not government business. He could have provided a favourable environment however.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by seguno2: 2:16pm On May 17, 2021
budaatum:

No one says government should give money to any business. Entrepreneurs can find their own money, buy land and set up a ranch.

Perhaps you have a different understanding of what he said below

powerfulguy:

“This business of cattle can create one million jobs for Nigerians if well managed. I wish Nigerians can call me or the governor will call me and say ‘look Rochas, the N76billion we want to give to youths and share, take it and fix the cattle business.’”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:21pm On May 17, 2021
Thunders scatter you there undecided warrant fulani slave, one day, you will be use for cattle beef.

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by budaatum: 2:21pm On May 17, 2021
seguno2:

Perhaps you have a different understanding of what he said below

One might as well ask if the government should be "giving the N76billion we want to give to youths and share".

As I said, that part may be wrong, but that we lose money on not rearing cattle in ranches is very right.

UK imports its meat from very faraway Australia and New Zealand. If we are comparable on quality and price of production, we'd beat them on transportation.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by seguno2: 2:32pm On May 17, 2021
budaatum:
One might as well ask if the government should be "giving the N76billion we want to give to youths and share".

As I said, that part may be wrong, but that we lose money on not rearing cattle in ranches is very right.

UK imports its meat from very faraway Australia and New Zealand. If we are comparable on quality and price of production, we'd beat them on transportation.

That part is definitely wrong, especially when coming from a dubious person like Okorocha. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by budaatum: 2:33pm On May 17, 2021
seguno2:

That part is definitely wrong, especially when coming from a dubious person like Okorocha. Thanks

I do agree with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:34pm On May 17, 2021
The zoo Election season is on gradually.

A strategy to activate another set of fulani terrorist herdsmen in Biafra land through these efulefus politicans and governors.

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by limeta(f): 2:35pm On May 17, 2021
jaxxy:

Where did they write it as Fulani business?

Do you fulani people write any thing
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by jaxxy(m): 2:43pm On May 17, 2021
limeta:

Do you fulani people write any thing

Bt I’m not Fulani. Lol
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by ofiko123(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2021
May God help and save Nigeria...it is well in Jesus mighty name...
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Erojepromise(f): 4:15pm On May 17, 2021
Now everybody is talking about how cattle business is lucrative just when the southern governors unanimously decided to ban open grazing but nobody is talking about the difficulties associated with open grazing in the society as a whole and what brought about the resolution. Whether they like it or not the ban on open grazing is non negotiable .
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by Ramon92: 4:35pm On May 17, 2021
budaatum:
Funny thing is, it is true. But instead of we Nigerian doing ranch on our own land we leave it to uneducated herders and end up eating substandard meat.

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by pacespot(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2021
Cattle farming is a good business beith huge potentials, but it must be commercialized and mechanized, not the way Fulani's are doing it. Milk consumption alone constitutes a huge chunk in the Western food consumption. Maybe we the southerners should lead by example and teach the Fulani's how the modern cattle rearing is done, when they see us setting up ranches, they will have no option but to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by dochenaj: 5:06pm On May 17, 2021
plaindealer:
Your argument was the government focusing too much on cattle, not bush so stop switching, even sef, the FG came up with solutions to establish animal husbandry ranches with free money, but tribalists, bigots and anti-government elements rejected.

The Southern governors with their pontifications ad gatherings, did they come up with their own solutions or plans to establish ranches in the South? No.

How lost and confused can you all be, all you know how to do is wail and complain , but you lack ideas and solutions.
Government that is very keen at privatizing ventures that shouldn't be private, suddenly becomes overtly interested in cattle business, wanting to make it a government business and you think that's okay.

We don't even have government refineries that can produce 20% of fuel consumption of the country, but we want to run government ranches.

And yet importation of refined crude products is draining our foreign reserves.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by dochenaj: 5:28pm On May 17, 2021
WelcomeToBiafra:
Thunders scatter you there undecided warrant fulani slave, one day, you will be use for cattle beef.
Eww, that second pic.

Gosh. What level of perversion is that.
Re: Okorocha: Nigeria Is Losing Billions Of Dollars From Cattle Business by dochenaj: 5:35pm On May 17, 2021
luizkyworld:
I really don't understand why the north is not seeing thr bright side of things. Take ur cattle back to the north and ranch them. Put ur margin on the cattle when selling back to the south. Simple. Except taking over the land is the main agenda here
You see, nomadic ranching looks cheap, and the Nigerian way is to go the easy way.

Not knowing that things are not as they look, and building cattle ranches would make the cattle business in Nigeria more than just meat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: Malami Denies Exonerating DCP Kyari Over Money Laundering Allegations / Amosun At Kidnapped Iyabo Anisulowo's Residence Today (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Tarfi, Benue Village, Kill 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.