Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris (5121 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2011
John 16:23
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you ().

As Christians, we don’t need an intermediary between us and the Father. Hence we don’t pray to the Father through Jesus, but in the Name of Jesus. To pray through Jesus is to make Him a medium or intermediary to the Father, and that’s wrong. But to pray in the Name of Jesus means your standing in the place of Jesus; you’ve become His voice!

All through the Scriptures, there’s no place where the Christian is asked to pray to Jesus or through Jesus. Neither do you ask the Father to grant your request for “Jesus’ sake,” for God wouldn’t answer your prayers for Jesus’ sake. He loves you as much as He loves Jesus. So when you pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were praying, because you stand in His stead.

In Philippians 2:9, the Holy Spirit reveals to us through the Apostle Paul that “God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name.” In other words, the Name of Jesus is the biggest Name in heaven. So whatever you ask the Father in the Name of Jesus is granted you because of the authority of JESUS – the One in whose Name you’re asking!

Jesus gave us the legal right to use His Name. Not having the right understanding of how to use that Name will make your prayer life ineffective. We have the right of attorney to function in His stead, the same way a delegated member of a presidents cabinet can represent him at a state function.

So every time you pray to the Father, in the Name of Jesus, be conscious that you’re praying in Jesus’ stead; therefore, whatsoever you ask the Father in His Name, He will give it to you. Jesus has delegated His authority to you; the same authority He had on earth. So today, you can request anything in His Name, and it will be granted you.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for teaching me how to pray the right way, using the Name of Jesus! I declare today that I’m making progress in my life and bringing glory to you because the Name of Jesus is named upon me! I function in, and by the power of that Name today! Hallelujah!

Further Study
John 16:23-27
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2011
^^^ Whoever wrote the above is an i.diot  and a dumbass.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ Whoever wrote the above is an i.diot and a dumbass.

grin grin
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
Enigma:

Instead of abuse , why not explain yourself?
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by manmustwac(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2011
god dose not answer prayers. People do.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by yommyuk: 6:02am On Apr 29, 2011
I watched this sermon on loveworld.

Superb cool
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by yommyuk: 6:05am On Apr 29, 2011
manmustwac:

embarassed

Enigma:

^^^ [s]Whoever wrote the above is an i.diot and a dumbass.[/s]

angry
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^^ Do you believe or agree with the quote below?

God wouldn’t answer your prayers for Jesus’ sake.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by KunleOshob(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2011
I love this thread grin Oyaks is gradually revealing to us that he is working for the anti-christ, very soon it would be obvious to even the daftess of his members that he is an agent of the devil. Imagine the fraud constantly reducing Jesus to his own filthy level angry
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by mabell: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
i tire for una o!
are you saying this simple message is too hard for you to understand
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
Enigma:

Rather who wrote the above is!
Is it too difficult to understand?
The president cannot represent himself at a function ,either he goes there by himself or rather he sends someone to represent him
If he does send someone,that person goes in his name and so all the accolades due the president will be accorded to whoever was sent
The same with the name of jesus,we don't pray to god thru him but in his name meaning we have every right he has and we are accorded every privilege he has,we take his place. We stand in his stead simple
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2011
Enigma:

that makes you a daft dumb dunghill fool not knowing his left from his right
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
KunleOshob:

I love this thread grin Oyaks is gradually revealing to us that he is working for the anti-christ, very soon it would be obvious to even the daftess of his members that he is an agent of the devil. Imagine the fraud constantly reducing Jesus to his own filthy level angry
l want to help your pathetic course what in that article suggest in the slightest of thought a support for your father the anti-christ, please seave them out and show to the world then you will make sense otherwise l would appreciate you keeping mute
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2011
grin Look at this parade of mumus - mumus united - including Joagbaje in one of his disguises rising to the defence of their spiritual vagabond master and his anti-Christ message.

Anyway, the author of the piece is still an i.diot and dumbass serving his master who is a liar and deceiver from the beginning. smiley
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
John 14:12
"Verily, verily l say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that l do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because l GO UNTO MY FATHER"

Jesus Christ Himself made this remarkable statement and He opens our eyes to the fact that all those who believes in Him would do greater works not because they are greater than Him but because His time on earth was over meaning that as much as He would wish to do more great works while on earth He can't because now off the earth He goes leaving the Church as the figure of His body on earth acting in His stead and doing all the good works he'd love to do.

What could possibly be wrong or too difficult to grasp with this
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by kandiikane(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
The thread the Op has written is very understandable.
It is up to you to agree with it or not.

For me noone stands between my God and I or as an intermediary.

manmustwac:

He answers prayers through people.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by manmustwac(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
kandiikane:

He answers prayers through people.
REALLY!! Me, an unbeliever who somehow found myself helping a female nigerian international student here in london financially. She will always say things like God is using me or that am God sent (and pray for me) even though i make it clear to her that i don't believe in God. So please tell me who is right is God really answering her prayers through me (an unbeliever) or am i just doing it through my freewill?  smiley
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by kandiikane(m): 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
God can use unbelievers to help believers. Although you do not believe in him he still loves you. Anything good you do comes from God.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
Enigma:

grin  Look at this parade of mumus - mumus united - including Joagbaje in one of his disguises rising to the defence of their spiritual vagabond master and his anti-Christ message.
Why not at least make an effort to be intelligent and make meaningful contributions, is it that you don't agree to the submission that we are believers today are called to function in the stead of Jesus Christ or you do but as long as it's not coming from you or someone you consider a friend you'll take a deviant stand. Please state your stand
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
Stupid thread. Questions ---

1. "Who" is Jesus?
2. What role does He play between the Father and mankind
3. How did the Apostles see Him so we may know how to consider Him

Answering these shows the dolt who wrote the starting post is not only mo-ronic but also deluded, idiotic and particularly wicked in his attempt to disparage Christ.

Christ IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN GOD AND MAN (God in the Image of man) AND ANYONE BRINGING HIM DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF MAN IS A CRIMINAL
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
manmustwac:

REALLY!! Me, an unbeliever who somehow found myself helping a female nigerian international student here in london financially. She will always say things like God is using me or that am God sent (and pray for me) even though i make it clear to her that i don't believe in God. So please tell me who is right is God really answering her prayers through me (an unbeliever) or am i just doing it through my freewill?  smiley
If God could use even a donkey

Number 22:28
"And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have l done unto thee, that thou hath smitten me these three times? And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: l would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would l kill thee. And the ass said unto Balaam, [Am] not l thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since [l was] thine unto this day? was l ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said Nay"
can you imagine a man and an ass having a discuss all because God wanted to get across a message, l am convinced that you or any other person in the world irrespective of the fact that believe in Him or not are of more value and worth to God compared to an ass
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by kandiikane(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
@nuclearboy, before insulting someone you should have atleast read the thread throughly. Jesus was an embodiment of God as a man and he advised us to do greater than he did on earth.
He was brought on this earth to die for our sins but also to show that he can be like us.

Remember God created us in his images and his likeliness
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by free123: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ kandikane
did Jesus give u the power to be the mediator between God and man?
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2011
@KandiKane:

I read the article WELL. It is daft! VERY very Very DAFT!

Jesus remains the bridge between Man and God because you approach the Father ONLY because He created a way. The gentiles (US) were separated UNTIL His sacrifice created a pathway and tore the veil separating mankind from the Holy of Holies.

How that becomes you have become Jesus voice beats me.

Can you jump from Lagos Mainland to Island without 3rd Mainland? So please remove that bridge and tell me how you (mighty MOGs and little "gods", I suppose) can cross! All this noise remains just noise - NO body can reach God without Jesus.

To clarify your point to yourself, all you need to answer is this

1. Remove Jesus from History
2. NOW tell me how you could then get to God!
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by free123: 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
my annoyance is that joagbaje is ever ready to post every rubbish oyaks spews here thinking that we are in the same wagon of morons who cannot think for themselves
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2011
nuclearboy:

silly thread.
What is silly about the thread

nuclearboy:

Answering these shows the dolt who wrote the starting post is not only mo-ronic but also deluded, idiotic and particularly wicked in his attempt to disparage Christ.
Calm down its too early to start loosing your cool

nuclearboy:

Christ IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN GOD AND MAN (God in the Image of man) AND ANYONE BRINGING HIM DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF MAN IS A CRIMINAL
Very well said but the believer has been called into the mediating and re-conciliatory office of the priesthood in Christ Jesus according to
2 Corinthians 5:18-20
"All things [are] of God, WHO HATH RECONCILED US UNTO HIMSELF BY JESUS CHRIST, AND HATH GIVEN UNTO US THE MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; AND HATH COMMITTED TO US THE WORD OF RECONCILIATION. Now then we are AMBASSADORS FOR CHRIST, as though God did biseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in CHRIST'S STEAD, be ye reconciled to God"

It is interesting for the bible to say that we are ambassadors FOR Christ not just OF Christ because the former seem much more appropriate in the context in which frame the believer is revealed as functioning in the stead of Christ Jesus
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2011
@free123:

True!  angry

Logic runs backward in their minds. The dude speaks then they start looking for what to use to justify his words when his words should come only after careful consideration of what the Word of God says.

@newmi:

You seem more mature here and if you'd come at me thus, there'll be progress. Anyway, if we are "Ambassadors FOR Christ" as you say, you have proved my point. Without Jesus, you are nothing so you cannot be His Voice. ONLY because of Him, we have a status but that does NOT mean we are His Voice! Add the following to that and now read the daft article again

John 14:13 - "Because I go to the Father: and whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, that will I do: that the Father may be glorified in the Son"
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
free123:

my annoyance is that joagbaje is ever ready to post every rubbish oyaks spews here thinking that we are in the same wagon of morons who cannot think for themselves
Why not come into a discuss objectively open-minded rather than come in with an erroneously preconceived deviant disposition. OK what could be regarded rubbish in this thread:
Joagbaje:

John 16:23
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you ().

As Christians, we don’t need an intermediary between us and the Father. Hence we don’t pray to the Father through Jesus, but in the Name of Jesus. To pray through Jesus is to make Him a medium or intermediary to the Father, and that’s wrong. But to pray in the Name of Jesus means your standing in the place of Jesus; you’ve become His voice!

All through the Scriptures, there’s no place where the Christian is asked to pray to Jesus or through Jesus. Neither do you ask the Father to grant your request for “Jesus’ sake,” for God wouldn’t answer your prayers for Jesus’ sake. He loves you as much as He loves Jesus. So when you pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were praying, because you stand in His stead.

In Philippians 2:9, the Holy Spirit reveals to us through the Apostle Paul that “God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name.” In other words, the Name of Jesus is the biggest Name in heaven. So whatever you ask the Father in the Name of Jesus is granted you because of the authority of JESUS – the One in whose Name you’re asking!

Jesus gave us the legal right to use His Name. Not having the right understanding of how to use that Name will make your prayer life ineffective. We have the right of attorney to function in His stead, the same way a delegated member of a presidents cabinet can represent him at a state function.

So every time you pray to the Father, in the Name of Jesus, be conscious that you’re praying in Jesus’ stead; therefore, whatsoever you ask the Father in His Name, He will give it to you. Jesus has delegated His authority to you; the same authority He had on earth. So today, you can request anything in His Name, and it will be granted you.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for teaching me how to pray the right way, using the Name of Jesus! I declare today that I’m making progress in my life and bringing glory to you because the Name of Jesus is named upon me! I function in, and by the power of that Name today! Hallelujah!

Further Study
John 16:23-27
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

There are scriptural references or don't you have a Bible you know l can't really locate where your challenge lies
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
nuclearboy:

@newmi:
Without Jesus, you are nothing so you cannot be His Voice.
Very well said again without Jesus we are nothing and cannot be His voice meaning that with Jesus Christ we are something and therefore can be His voice. l would rather prefer to lay emphasis on the later or wouldn't you rather? and from all indications the article doesn't seem to negate that. The point is that now that we have believed in Christ Jesus in Him we have been authorized and commissioned by God to be the voice of Jesus here on earth or what do you think
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by kandiikane(m): 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Nuclearboy, like you said Jesus was the bridge and that means we can walk straight unto God.
Before the bridge we could not pass, people had to make sacrifices and go through the holy of holies to get to God but since he came and built the bridge, there are no more killings of lambs or offerings of food and then going straight to the holy of holies to talk to God on our behalf. He came and died for our sins so we can approach God without any intermediary.

free123:

@ kandikane
did Jesus give u the power to be the mediator between God and man?

Please read first before you type.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
Stop trying to explain BS. You only look insincere. And don't try to change your words above - we've seen them

You, Kandikane, said

like you said Jesus was the bridge

And newmi said

Very well said again without Jesus we are nothing

Which is to say that you both agree that Jesus is the way, the bridge, the only connection to God. But because you have conditioned yourself to agree to whatever Joagbaje and the Jeri curled dude say, you also say that you agree with

To pray through Jesus is to make Him a medium or intermediary to the Father, and that’s wrong

which is what our in-house 'pastor' said.

So it is wrong to "make" Jesus an intermediary to God but that same Jesus is the bridge to God?  shocked You are saying six is NOT equal to half a dozen

Are you reading and understanding what we are saying or you just say yes to whatever Joagbaje says EVEN when your argument is against him? I know you will both now come to try massacre English and intellect to prove the opposite of what you have said is what you meant but don't bother - truth has shown here. I won't bother going deeper into the rubbish up there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) / 666 Hand Sign In Deeper Lifes, Women Mirror Magazine / Power Contest: Yahweh(god Of Goodmuyis) Vs Otem (Atum's Boy): Otem Won Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.