Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,107 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN (22632 Views)

Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel / E-cigarettes, Tobacco Products Increases Risk Of Oral Cancer / More Worries More Problems: Financial Stress Increases Risk Of Heart Attack, New (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Rapture4real(m): 9:54pm On May 17, 2021
This questionnaire is designed to obtain information to carry out a research on how social solidarity (i.e social support, care and concern for one another and spirit of good neighbourliness) can prevent suicide among students of tertiary institutions. This is purely for research purpose.Your cooperation towards the success of this work is highly appreciated. Click the link below. Within less than 5mins, you're through.
Thanks���

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCbfkKt7Ap8Elq2fz5sKXF1RBpCtkJ-azChnp45ho7kRPsXA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0

Please sir/ma kindly� help me send the above� questionnaire to any student(undergraduates/post graduates) of OAU, Ife, UNILAG, Lagos and Lagos State Polytechnics. They are strictly selected for the purpose of this research. It does not reveal the identity of the respondent and can be filled in less than 5 mins. Students of the above institutions are free to forward it to fellow students WhatsApp numbers and group platforms.
Thanks very much
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by 4four(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2021
And average Indians, Chinese and Lebanese coys in Nigeria are subjecting Nigerians up to 84 hrs per week
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by ManuelZuka(m): 9:56pm On May 17, 2021
abeg they should go and sit down one place, if they are sure then they should provide foods and other basic amenities so that people will not be working more than 55hours in a week
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Imnaknus: 9:56pm On May 17, 2021
LOL... I just calculated my working hours per week (main + side hustle altogether). Shey UN dey whine me ni?
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by mnwogu(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2021
Did they consider Nigeria while doing this analysis? Here in Naija bobos even work round the clock, carry the remaining home to continue after dinner.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Bluffly: 9:57pm On May 17, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
Please who has an idea of how many hours an average worker in Nigeria works??

For the purpose of learning, I would like this to be pushed to the front page so as to enlighten the ignorant ones amongst us the dangers of working long hours, who also think that working round the clock/long hours is "HARDWORKING" as some of my men would say.
40 hours per week for an office job. While some work 48 hours per week. Exceptionally some work lesser than the former and higher than the later
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by DissTroy(m): 9:58pm On May 17, 2021
Ezedon:
This is a lazy man's talk,
It's not true

It is true, especially for those whose work involves them being sedentary.

Worse even for web/computer programmers coupled with the ruining effect of looking at large bright screens 12 hours daily.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Gubularaska: 9:58pm On May 17, 2021
This na bullshit. Cos my Oga dey work on the average 70 hours a week. When I ask am, he day Ekon Musk e mentor dey work 16 hours a day and 3 wan beat am. Work many for e hand sha.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by derbykol(f): 10:00pm On May 17, 2021
Here,it is 50 hours a week, sometimes,70 hours a week.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by NOwazobia: 10:02pm On May 17, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:

For the purpose of learning, I would like this to be pushed to the front page so as to enlighten the ignorant ones amongst us the dangers of working long hours, who also think that working round the clock/long hours is "HARDWORKING" as some of my men would say.
The average working hours in Nigeria is 12hours, including weekends and public holidays. No rest, the more you eat, the more you get lean.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by thaoriginator: 10:03pm On May 17, 2021
I dey work 75hrs in a week mo fo ooooo
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Calibrator: 10:03pm On May 17, 2021
Just realised that as a self employed entrepreneur, I actually work 112 hours every week. 7am - 11pm 24/7

Really committed to my grind.

1 Like

Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by ogelekpomgam(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2021
unity004:
cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin grin Same as being a Chelsea Fan for the pass one week grin grin grin grin grin grin

Final burial on May 29th
cry cry cry embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by BrainSanitizer: 10:06pm On May 17, 2021
momodub:
Hummm for who get job abi, lagosians work 100 hours a week majority doing nothing lol
Truth.
An average Legosian wakes up by 4am, leaves home by 5am latest, closes from work by 6pm, gets home by 9pm, sleeps earliest by 10:30pm.
Now, let's calculate:
4 am to 9pm = 17 hours daily!
That's 102 hours in a 6-day week.
#wemove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by NOwazobia: 10:07pm On May 17, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Doesn't work in Africa.... My only problem with Nigerians is that we don't do Holidays... People don't even use their leaves..... Stroke and HBP is real
that one na for people wey get leave na.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by babyfaceafrica: 10:09pm On May 17, 2021
NOwazobia:
that one na for people wey get leave na.
we too like work here.. Americans and Europeans even safe or borrow for holiday trips
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Hahjascho(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2021
There's no gainsaying, Nigerians are really striving. We gats believe this.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by sunbreaker: 10:10pm On May 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

When a person dies, their sense of hearing is the last to go.

shocked
Educate me more pls
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by vickydevoka(m): 10:10pm On May 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

When a person dies, their sense of hearing is the last to go.

shocked
I thought it's de first.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by babyfaceafrica: 10:10pm On May 17, 2021
Calibrator:
Just realised that as a self employed entrepreneur, I actually work 112 hours every week. 7am - 11pm 24/7

Really committed to my grind.
it's very unhealthy, but I guess money must be made
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by DamnnNiggarr: 10:11pm On May 17, 2021
Bluffly:

40 hours per week for an office job. While some work 48 hours per week. Exceptionally some work lesser than the former and higher than the later
Alright,

Why I asked this is because my friend(Chinedu Odebeatu) before he was made the B.D.M(business development manager), he normally leaves home between 6-7 a.m and he'll be in the office till 6-6.30 p.m that's around 12 hours
Now for one week (that's five working days)
We have 12x5 = 60 hours and that's assuming he didn't go to the office on weekend(but that was before he died).

My guy Nigerians are suffering,
I've even started thinking that he died as a result of the accumulation of the stress he underwent when he was just an ordinary bank staff.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by DamnnNiggarr: 10:12pm On May 17, 2021
NOwazobia:

The average working hours in Nigeria is 12hours, including weekends and public holidays. No rest, the more you eat, the more you get lean.

Cc Bluffly
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by bpalace(m): 10:12pm On May 17, 2021
Wahala for doctors in Nigeria,
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:

an average nigerian worker work for 144hours per week
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by DamnnNiggarr: 10:15pm On May 17, 2021
1bunne4lif:
an average nigerian worker work for 144hours per week
hahahaha...,
But that's highly unhealthy.

My guy, Nigerians are really suffering.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by sweetshisha: 10:16pm On May 17, 2021
Doctors, Police , drivers and nurses work 60 hours minus overtime
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
hahahaha...,
But that's highly unhealthy.

My guy, Nigerians are really suffering.
you can say that again! suffering and smiling
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by osazsky(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2021
55 hrs a week una they enjoy for abroad o..55hrs in 3 days thats wat 95 percent of nigerians do..55 hrs a week.how are u going to settle billls na wah o
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2021
It depends on what U.N regards as work.
Re: Working 55 Hours A Week Increases Risk Of Death: UN by NOwazobia: 10:22pm On May 17, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
we too like work here.. Americans and Europeans even safe or borrow for holiday trips
that is for a country that have work security, smart labour union, and government who set a favorable working conditions for her citizens and limits to every enterprise.

Nigeria is still fighting feeding Bokoharam and bandits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Mother Burnt Badly With Her Children After Fire Tragedy In Delta. Photos / COVID-19 Update For September 20 2020 In Nigeria - (1,246 Tested) / UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.