Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (5294 Views)

Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) / Weep Not Over Ur Lost Lover...seek Spiritual Help Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by OAM4J: 3:44am On May 05, 2011
OP, the best divine message/prophesy/direction you need should come from your head and heart.
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by DrummaBoy(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2011
I did not see a prophet to be married and I strongly discourage doing it. One could do it and get results, but it does not mean it is the right thing to do. Hebrew 1:1, God in times past spoke to us by the prophets but in these days he is speaking to us by His Son whom he sent(paraphrase). What it means is that in those days God would tell you what to do by a prophet but today he would tell you what to do by the Spirit in you.

Now what spirit is in you. Truth is, if a person does not know God and does not possess his Spirit, he would seek other mediums for answer to the issues of life. But if you have Him, He is there to guide on major and minor issues of life.

The havoc that this spiritualists have wreaked in homes is so much that anyone would discourage their influence on others. But unfortunately many people would still follow them. The point is this if a Spiritualist tells you to marry man A, and the chips are down in marraige and you feel like backing out, you tend to blame those who led you to him. But if you made the decision by yourself with God leading, and problem arise, you go to him and he would help you out of it.

By and large 99.9% of the problems analysed on NL are problems that could easily be solved if people would take their commitment to God through Jesus Christ seriously.

Sorry, am preaching. But that is all I know.

1 Like

Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by Busybody2(f): 5:10pm On May 05, 2011
The same God they are claiming to get their messages from created us all, so why would He now condemn some of us and right us off as not good enough to be married to, huh?

1 Like

Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by Lolabbey: 5:11pm On May 05, 2011
consultation? would rather consult God directly, but i cant forget a friend's experience at a time, she took her fiance home ,som relatives disagreed and told her he would end up disapointing her but she turned deaf ears since she  alredy consulted her creator but alas he ended up disapointin her, even as we speak most mmbers of her family do not knw her relationship status, she only took soalce in some gud friends, now in a new relationship but had vowed not to involve anyone, when d man is coming to meet her parents,then i think she would open up
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by Busybody2(f): 5:14pm On May 05, 2011
I wrote "write" not "right", spambot watch yaself oh, this is your last warning unless you want me and you to enter the same trouser today, tschewwww.
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by baldman: 7:10pm On May 05, 2011
I completely agree with OP that it is best to be led personally by the spirit of God, I also fully understand that some of the spiritualists are fake. But from time immemorial, there has always been some sort of consultation by the families. Most times, parental approval is predicated on spiritual guidance, even as we speak, if most of us here go to our parents to introduce a would be wife, the mothers are likely to reserve their comments or approval until the face of the Lord has been sought concerning the Lady.

I am still surprised to hear that some people get married without praying personally and confirming their revelation from a more matured spiritual mentor.

Are we saying that all the prophets are fake or that their spiritual guidance on the choice of a life partner is no longer necessary?

Do we have anyone here who went ahead to marry. following their hearts even where there has been a prophesy warning against same?
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by N101: 10:16am On May 06, 2011
baldman:

You would have made more sense if you had just  posted this " If all these "prophets" really see the future, why is there so much backwardness in the land? ", even that is some how lame.
That is a very valid question and not lame at all, even if it strays from the original post.

baldman:

I completely agree with OP that it is best to be led personally by the spirit of God, I also fully understand that some of the spiritualists are fake. But from time immemorial, there has always been some sort of consultation by the families. Most times, parental approval is predicated on spiritual guidance, even as we speak, if most of us here go to our parents to introduce a would be wife, the mothers are likely to reserve their comments or approval until   the face of the Lord  has been sought concerning the Lady.

I am still surprised to hear that some people get married without praying personally and confirming their revelation from a more matured spiritual mentor.

Are we saying that all the prophets are fake or that their spiritual guidance on the choice of a life partner is no longer necessary?

Do we have anyone here who went ahead to marry. following their hearts even where there has been a prophesy warning against same?

I know a couple who went ahead to marry against "spiritual" advice.  Twenty something years later they are still married.  Turns out the naysayers simply didn't like the husband because he was not from their place. 

The thing about spiritual consultations is that you have to shine your eyes.  I would rather seek the opinion of a spiritual mentor who knows me well and whose judgement I trust than a "Prophet" suggested by someone else or who I do not know very well.  Many of us rarely consult God on the day-to-day things, because we have some kind of belief doesn't mean that we suddenly start listening to a God we rarely listen to.  Talking to God is easy, listening takes patience.

We shouldn't ignore (and sadly many women do, especially after being emotionally and/or sexually involved with a man) the "red flags", the little warning signs and instincts that make us ask questions.  When someone tells us something we don't like, we need to reflect on it rather than dismiss it because it isn't what we want to hear. Especially if it is coming from people closest to us who we trust.

God gives us choices and that includes who we choose to marry.  It is not by force.

aameyah:

^^^
The 'prophet' later confessed that he wasn't of God. Just shine your eyes, i believe. Ask God to lead and bless the union.

There lies a BIG problem - consulting people without engaging our spiritual common sense and assuming they are genuine.
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by baldman: 12:08pm On May 06, 2011
@ N101

That is a very valid question and not lame at all, even if it strays from the original post.

I said the question is lame because it should be obvious that technology and leadership in Nigeria unlike in the Old testament times are not 'prophetically (religion) driven'. We do not have National Prophets or Special Prophet to the President (who is statutory empowered vested with the responsibility of looking into the crystal balls for the Nation) We hear prophetic warnings everyday but we do nothing about them. I just dont get the logical nexus between the absence or presence of fake prophets and the state of the economy.

On the main issue, I agree with you that it takes patience to hear from God ( most people in love, usually do not have that patience) I also feel its a lot safer if the guidance is coming from a close person.

God works in a mysterious way and with God there are very limited absolute rules. Some people ignore Counsel and they have themselves to blame for the rest of their lives
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by baldman: 7:51pm On May 16, 2011
I am still very curious, are we saying that none of the married or about to be married people who have read this post, have had to ask their Pastor who spiritual mentor to help them pray or seek prophetic guidance on their choice of spouse. The advice has been very useful, however, I just want people with first hand, real life experiences to share same with us here. Has the prophesy concerning the future attitude or fate of your spouse come to pass?
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by Busybody2(f): 9:16pm On May 16, 2011
Isn't that an indication that there is some borderline neurotic thingymabob going on undecided I would not like to know because of the element of surprise abeg. Like I said, the same God created us all. male and female alike, so if I love someone and get a prophecy or 10 not to marry the person, i will go and seek God's face until i get the green light to go ahead, even if it takes 1000 years. Afterall na hin talk am say "Nothing is too difficult for him" wink Did He also not say to is it test or try or taste Him too embarassed

I would also not relent in praying that God should make me a good wife and make him a good Husband too, for better for worse best.
Re: Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot by GODSON2009(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2011
@poster
one thing you have to understand is that the prophet is a man/woman of GOD,not GOD and he/she will only see what they r shown what happens if a supposedly holy man or woman of GOD tells you to go ahead and years down the line you realise the person is nt good for you,will you then say there is no GOD?
while it is imporant to seek the face of GOD like some have said pray and if u listen and pay attention GOD will reveal himself to you definitely.
secpndly and most importantly,study the person you are going to marry closely and carefully and i bet you will know if the qualities of what you r looking for are there or not.
dont replace common sense approach with spirituality they both have their own place

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? / Who Is Responsible For Naming The Child, Father Or Mother? / MMM Cros, Pls Save My Dying Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.