Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Current State Of Mind - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Current State Of Mind (36147 Views)

Should I Leave My Current Company / Poor State Of Police Barracks Around Nigeria (Photos) / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Current State Of Mind by highlands: 8:50am On May 22, 2021
Legendrysailor:
baba how i go take start am. Teach me
bro abeg teach me,if not i go die for nothing
Re: My Current State Of Mind by liveyourlife007(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2021
Amuochicha:
i hate men
you are beautiful
Re: My Current State Of Mind by highlands: 8:52am On May 22, 2021
Davyyd1993:
Brother get a 30k to 50k phone and start yahoo game. I started this before I graduated when I realized things were going to be smooth after schooling now I'm doing better staying in 3 bedroom flat in lagos for that matter i won't mention location. I'm saving for business worth 2m right now and also planning to get a ride. Once you know how to read and write. Our government can't help and everybody is a criminal (yahoo) even the so called government officials. Think twice before its late. You can't build house, buy ride with even 200k salary comfortably talk less of doing petty things
bros abeg mentor me n i won't disappoint.am dying n i need ur help badly
Re: My Current State Of Mind by highlands: 8:54am On May 22, 2021
Davyyd1993:
Brother get a 30k to 50k phone and start yahoo game. I started this before I graduated when I realized things were going to be smooth after schooling now I'm doing better staying in 3 bedroom flat in lagos for that matter i won't mention location. I'm saving for business worth 2m right now and also planning to get a ride. Once you know how to read and write. Our government can't help and everybody is a criminal (yahoo) even the so called government officials. Think twice before its late. You can't build house, buy ride with even 200k salary comfortably talk less of doing petty things
.please my email is oksteve4real@gmail.com. help a brother
Re: My Current State Of Mind by highlands: 8:55am On May 22, 2021
shenaxy:
Oga abeg make we hook up, I wan learn work. I don mail u
bro abeg i dey game n believe u can help, oksteve4real@gmail.com
Re: My Current State Of Mind by ComradeShegs(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2021
I understand ur plight bro but in as much as you're still breathing, there's hope. I'm currently serving in Niger state. No day passes by without me thinking about my life after NYSC. My plan is to save as much as I can in order to start up a business afterwards.
And fortunately for me, I live with my aunt, so I didn't get to pay for house rent and foodstuffs. Even though she can be frustrating atimes, but I tend to endure because it's apparent I have a purpose.
I'm also planning on learning different things before the end of my service year. Like tailoring, programming, solar installation, I also love art. Hoping on opening my own gallery one day...

Every month, I remit 40% of my allawee into savings using Piggyvest. The fintech app has really disciplined my spending habit. You can check my signature to start up too. Then I invest the remaining 20% in crypto lol, I know right....and the reamining 40% into storage business (Grains specifically).
I'm also planning on enrolling for professional courses then possibly go for internship then masters, of course that will be after service.

So the idea is to invest in one's self and have different side hustle.

True, it's not easy for people like us coming from very humble backgrounds but the reality of it all is, your future depends on you. The earlier you realise that, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: My Current State Of Mind by aysnoopy(m): 10:38am On May 22, 2021
KoshCAD:
Don't use that to downplay yourself brother.

I have friends that have traveled abroad. We do talk, some are in Texas, one in Cardiff, one in Greater Manchester, one in Doublin, one in Canada, even my cousin is in Germany, Dubai. But my brother that can help will rather be buying used cars instead of investing part of what he has to help me travel. I will surely travel no matter what.

I have friends here that are doing well and have married, I have se that we are also in the same shoe, younger ones, I have them too doing well. But I am just someone that will never ask for anything cos I don't want disgrace.

Concerning the AutoCAD training, I didn't use money to learn it, I learnt it on my own. All the software I know, I learn it on my own by watching YouTube.
If you are interested, you must be patient and dedicate time to watch n follow the videos. Get yours system and the software ready, then get videos and be following it. That what I do.

We shall make it.

Thanks so much. I have system, and I'll try to make d software ready and learn from YouTube.
I've a lot of my friends that are doing well. One of my first close friends from when I was 4 years is really living large. Just finish his house with almost 15million. I've a lot of them doing well and you could imagine living in your father's house at 30 when a lot of your mates are having cars and houses.
It's not easy as I've dedicate my life in studying in school and having good grades but d certificate is still useless..
May God help us cry

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by shenaxy: 10:45am On May 22, 2021
highlands:
bro abeg i dey game n believe u can help, oksteve4real@gmail.com
Oga, I no understand u o, me too dey ask for help ni, abi u wan help me ni?
Re: My Current State Of Mind by puretayo(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2021
brimdans:
I send me a mail @ puretayo@gmail.com. your phone number will do. would have loved to remain anonymous, but what's the point?

My problem is I'm a jobless graduate, who works for a friend. This friend I work for, doesn't even pay, he just gives me stipends after every work I do. It's a laundry work. He owns the shop, so he's in charge of everything in the shop including, collections of money and all. My work is just to work. I do virtually everything in the shop.

My problem is this guy almost all the time collects the money and doesn't even give me my share. The only time I see my share is when the I'm around when the monies are given to him.

I'm hooked because I mostly feed in there house, because the shop is just within the house. I tried to get a good job, but nothing is forth coming. I even tried applying for casual jobs, still no luck.

I'm currently in a dilemma because my parents are tired of me staying in there house, so currently I sleep in the shop, and it's not even conducive, but that's the only option I have.

I tried contacting my relatives in Lagos if I could go and make a living there, but they aren't really interested me coming.

Please I kindly need advise and help, because I'm heading towards depression.

I'm actually 30 years old. With nothing to show for, except "I'm a graduate" tag.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Sunnyboy01(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2021
Davyyd1993:
Baba I wan learn Yahoo game on,how I fit reach u
Re: My Current State Of Mind by PierreAbutu(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2021
Amuochicha:
i hate men

I hate female self entitled gold diggers cheesy
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 22, 2021
Send me Message on 08073662117. Whatsapp
Re: My Current State Of Mind by IvyGRush: 12:33pm On May 22, 2021
Amuochicha:
i hate men

Be Sincere while Answering!
Why do you hate men?

I believe your Heart ❤️ is too beautiful to have this in it.
Let's talk about it to get this out of the way!!!
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Catechizm: 2:02pm On May 22, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Crypto and forex traders will soon enter here with their "invest in..."

grin
Re: My Current State Of Mind by KoshCAD: 2:54pm On May 22, 2021
aysnoopy:

Thanks so much. I have system, and I'll try to make d software ready and learn from YouTube.
I've a lot of my friends that are doing well. One of my first close friends from when I was 4 years is really living large. Just finish his house with almost 15million. I've a lot of them doing well and you could imagine living in your father's house at 30 when a lot of your mates are having cars and houses.
It's not easy as I've dedicate my life in studying in school and having good grades but d certificate is still useless..
May God help us cry
Hmmm, That is the reason I left my state to Lagos o. I, but if they are not disturbing you and you feel comfortable, I will advice you stay there and be doing things to bring money, so that you don't put pressure on your self to pay rent. You can start making a living there and from there build your own house. Life is not a competition, that is what I know.

We will all make it at different times if we didn't die.

May God help us.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by LOKOLESCO(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2021
My guy,i understand how you feel about life at these present moment but irrespective of anything that befall a man in life,same things as before so many people even beyond the present situation where you find yourself.pls endured and be prayerful.Before a gold can be melted into different mold of shape,it passes fire before it was been quench by water.every thing will soon be alright my bro.

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by GUNITGuy: 3:01pm On May 22, 2021
Amuochicha:
i hate men
Men love you
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Ovis1302(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2021
KoshCAD:
Hmmm, brother, Though I am 32, a graduate of mechanical engineering. If I had allowed myself to be depressed due to my situation,I would have died. My parents are not rich and they are no more again.

Yes, I have brothers, one of them was ok, I told him to help me travel out, he doesn't answer. And I said this for the sake of the family.

I left my state for Lagos to stay with a brother that has wife n kid.

I trekked so hard in Lagos that I almost moved all around Lagos looking for job. Even so recruitment company still collected money from me and yet,nothing.

Even if I want to learn something, I will have to pay but where is the money.

I sold my land at home to do a maritime course at ikoyi when one of my brothers' friends linked me to a captain. I called tired after wasting that money on the course yet, I have not gotten any reply from captain that promised to help and asked me to go ahead with the course. Since last year August that I finished the course, I have not heard from him. Even when I call, he won't pick, so I gave up that that is not my job. I want to start as oiler on the ship.

I worked at a generator company for almost 2years just for peanut of 20k per month when I will still enter transport and feed. I currently live with friends after leaving that bro house when he moved to another place.

Presently, a bros I knew way back at home was the one that helped me get a casual work at a company. Imagine a graduate, 32years, I have not been able to rent apartment of my own, I couldn't go home,no girlfriend.

I lost two girls just cos I haven't gotten on my feet.

One even said I am not the kind of guy she wants to roll with. But I didn't die hearing that. I just let it pass.

I love the girl despite being a baby mama. And this is a girl we dated before I went for service, thinking things will be good and u will marry her. She's yet to marry now and she's 29.

Brother, let believe, things will surely work out well.

I love as you spoke out. You will see that help will come. We are in the same shoe.

Hi bro.
Have you thought of up Skilling as per in technical writing/proposal writing / project writing and AutoCAD.
After getting the necessary skills, you can work remotely.
Check out this site: www.remote.com
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Ovis1302(m): 4:14pm On May 22, 2021
brimdans:
I would have loved to remain anonymous, but what's the point?

My problem is I'm a jobless graduate, who works for a friend. This friend I work for, doesn't even pay, he just gives me stipends after every work I do. It's a laundry work. He owns the shop, so he's in charge of everything in the shop including, collections of money and all. My work is just to work. I do virtually everything in the shop.

My problem is this guy almost all the time collects the money and doesn't even give me my share. The only time I see my share is when the I'm around when the monies are given to him.

I'm hooked because I mostly feed in there house, because the shop is just within the house. I tried to get a good job, but nothing is forth coming. I even tried applying for casual jobs, still no luck.

I'm currently in a dilemma because my parents are tired of me staying in there house, so currently I sleep in the shop, and it's not even conducive, but that's the only option I have.

I tried contacting my relatives in Lagos if I could go and make a living there, but they aren't really interested me coming.

Please I kindly need advise and help, because I'm heading towards depression.

I'm actually 30 years old. With nothing to show for, except "I'm a graduate" tag.

I feel your pains bro. I have been there before. It was not easy.
You have something worthwhile to show for at your 30th age. How do I mean?
Problem solved is Wealth generated.[b][/b]
You have gotten the skill of dry cleaning, solving the problem of those who are so busy to their laundry themselves ( bankers on the top chart).
You can take up dry cleaning as a profession.
From your story, the challenge is you raising fund to start your own dry cleaning business. Maybe you should hang on a little with this your friend and save more.( Sleeping in the store at the moment is not easy for real....our journey here on Earth is wavelike, we can find ourselves on the crest or trough sometimes.)
Maybe you should take up Digital Marketing skills too, that is, helping people to sell their cars, houses, generator ,dry cleaning items, etc online and get your commission.
Google is offering basic digital marketing training for free on ( https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/course/digital-marketing).
Bro,please don't give up hope and don't forget to keep praying to our Creator to change your story.... listening to soul uplifting songs and messages at night before going to bed will also help boost your inner strength in this trying period.
Don't Give Up!

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by criuze(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2021
Moconka:
Go to ccc and do three Wednesday mercy service. Observe it Very well. Thank me later.

Do not forget God once he shows u d mercy

Which church is ccc bro

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2021
Currently in Jos sir.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2021
[quote author=deavicky post=101926746]what did you study?[/quote
I read political science sir.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2021
Fhemmmy:

What was the arrangement you had with the guy before you started working for him? Because you said he collected money and never gave you your own share, however you mentioned he owns the shop . . .So what was the arrangement before you started working with/for him

Where is your current location and what are you good at or what degree do you have?
There wasn't an official agreement sir. I've a degree in political science.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
What's your discipline?
BSc Political science sir

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2021
Eriolubrainee19:
What's your discipline? How can you apply your experience in academic to solve real life problems? You don't have problem, you are only in need of productive idea.
BSc in Political Science sir
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2021
square7:
In which state of the country are you presently?
Jos, plateau state sir.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:43pm On May 22, 2021
tunjiajayi:

What can you do?
I'm good with computers, I love writing, though I'm still working on it. I love research also.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2021
Obiorahpcfg:
I can help u!
.Alright sir. Much appreciated
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2021
Wapchrist1:
Exactly my story b4 I start 20k teaching in Lagos then from teaching to Motor spare parts business. Wish your in Lagos I for assist you to what to do anyways contact me if your hardworking and Genuine you can be my marketer in your state . Chat me on whatsap
Alright sir. Thank you
Re: My Current State Of Mind by brimdans(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Graduate is a broad term.
What's your discipline?

Some people may want to help even though helping a Nigerian usually ends up in sour notes.
/
You're right sir. My discipline is Political science. Fortunately or unfortunately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos / Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria / Where And Which Organisation / Company Is Recruiting : Help Someone In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.