Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot (7745 Views)

Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF / Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by yemmight(m): 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
EzeUche__:

He is not, but we do not want them converting him. tongue

Are you not supposed to be grateful to ACN for allowing Ngige to contest on the platform. Do you think he would won in another party? Ingrate gbogbo.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
Chris Abdulazeez Ngige

Adam Nurudeen Oshiomole

Kayode Razaq Fayemi
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Akanbiedu(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^^

LMAO
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Akanbiedu(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lagosboy:

Man mi dont take the poster serious at all , just play to the gallery. People who believe in the thread will never appreciate what you are trying to explain. Just get your humour from it and move on

There are some who believe these things innocently, they need to be helped.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by kunyeo(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2011
It amuses me when people talk of somebody being a christian! When somebody said he voted for Jonathan because he is a christian I laughed.Most of these people are certified occultic fellows.They only wield the stick of religion to serve selfish motives.If christians are christians indeed and even muslims too we wont be in the mess we are in today.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by OAM4J: 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
OP, how old are you?

dayokanu:

Chris Abdulazeez Ngige

Adam Nurudeen Oshiomole

Kayode Razaq Fayemi

lol  grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by folem: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Chris Abdulazeez Ngige

Adam Nurudeen Oshiomole

Kayode Razaq Fayemi

Adams Aliyu Oshiomole was born as a Muslim.

It is no coincidence that Lagos has always been ruled by Muslim Civilians except for Michael Otedola who won via protest votes in 1992.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
folem:

Adams Aliyu Oshiomole was born as a Muslim.

It is no coincidence that Lagos has always been ruled by Muslim Civilians except for Michael Otedola who won via protest votes in 1992.

Barack Hussein Obama was probably born as a Moslem too

Tell me who were the Moslem alternatives to Otedola in 1992, Is it Agbalajobi, Yomi Edu or Sarumi
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Pukkah: 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2011
gregg2:

The man has an agenda to islamise South West. One way of achieving that is to install
muslim governors in all SW states. The fact we have Raji Fashola (Lagos), Sen Sanusi I Amusun (Ogun)
Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Senator Isiaka Ajimobi (Oyo) etc was deliberate. Tinubu never see any good from an 'infidel'
christian. The only christian ACN governor, Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) might just be marking time and would soon be replaced
by a muslim governor. Tinubu is not different from Buhari.

There is no point creating a problem when there is none. South West people are known for their maturity/tolerance when it comes to religion and their insistence on performance in office.  

Besides, the intention underlying your post is suspect as you have conveniently ignored countering facts/coincidences and instead focused on the divisive tendencies of your 'spot' observation. In addition, you disregarded previous trends in the same region in the second republic and even ignored the fact that the choices of Ajimobi and Amosun were the best given prevailing circumstances.

If Amosun had not flown the ACN flag in Ogun, who should they have chosen? And what of Oyo too? Do you have suggestions of other names?

Yorubas did not complain when both the Governor and Deputy Governor in Lagos state (second republic) were muslims - Lateef Jakande and Rafiu Jafojo; when both the Governor and Deputy Governor in Oyo state (including the present Osun state) were Christians - Bola Ige and Sunday Afolabi or Michael Ajasin and Akin Omoboriowo who were both Christians as Governor and Deputy Governor of Ondo State (including the present Ekiti state) also in the second republic.  We do not want parochial arguments like yours to further polarise the people for as you can see, as tolerant as the South West is in terms of religion, I doubt if any of the states can today swing a Muslim-Muslim/Christian-Christian ticket today unlike in the second republic. Let's focus on performance please and dividends to the people.

Again, Nigerians voted for the Muslim-Muslim ticket of late Abiola and Kingibe and would have been sworn in but for the mishap brought about by the evil genious, IBB.  We need to grow bigger than petty tribal considerations and religious differences.

Lastly, calling Tinubu 'a religious bigot who never sees any good from an infidel' is one of the most misguided and mischievous statements I have come across given the way the man has interacted with muslims and christians.

Enough of this kind of needless and malice-laced message please.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by DeeDee11: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
When would we start to be appreciating others?

In Southwest we dont care what you worship or where u're from, Very accommodating and loving people.
Remi Tinubu(Asiwaju Tinubu's wife) is a serious practising Christian, so also the current first lady(Bimbo Fashola).
Can the poster take this?  or is any of the poster's family marry from another religion?

Even from religion perspective, Oyinlola(former Osun state governor ) is a Christian, Akala(oyo state) is Christian, Gbenga Daniel(ogun state) is a christian,former governor Segun Oni(Ekiti state) is a Christian and former governor Agagu(Ondo) is a Christian as well.

It is because of selfish, careless statement from people like the poster that our country is not progressing.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by seanet02: 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2011
I guess the person trying to Islamized South west should not have marry a Christian and a Practising one at that!!
Why are you taking Panadol for another mans Headache?
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by KnowAll(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
The poster is a dunce, and I guess a half baked semi illetrate Alimanjeri whose world revolves round d prism of either you are a Muslim or Kafir. Odenson, sure !! undecided
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by olawalebabs(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2011
Watch out for this porter, he is the type that blow the ember of violence. Bullshit
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by revomind(m): 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2011
Ajimobi's wife is Igbo from Delta and is Christian too.

OP is probably idle.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by seanet02: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2011
olawalebab:

Watch out for this porter, he is the type that blow the ember of violence. Bullshit
You can say that again!!
It is a pity have allowed religion to becloud their sense of reasoning. This poster indolently post this guess
revomind:

OP is probably idle.
Any link or source to the bolded please? is it because she bears Florence? do not know her tribe though
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by dapachez: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2011
who ever started this thread the path on which you are threading will never i mean never ever get you anywhere mark my words .you are the religious BIGOT,i am not a fan of tinubu but for God's sake give a brother some credit
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by tpia5: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
Having a muslim name doesnt necessarily mean someone is a muslim.

You have to look at other things as well.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Remii(m): 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2011
Oyinlola and his deputy Obada are Xtians they ruled Osun for almost 8 yrs without any issues raised about their religious affiliation, why are some people always raise unnecessary religious issues when a muslim is involved in a position? One day the truth would be known about who are more religiously intolerant btw Nigerian Muslims and Christians.
How can anyone complain about a Tiinubu that can be found more in church dancing than in mosque?
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 29, 2011
@ OP, you're such a donkey. . .

trying to stir up sentiments where there's no basis for it?

confused much?
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by lagcity(m): 3:47am On Apr 29, 2011
religion can't divide SW. the region is beyond that.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by henry101(m): 4:02am On Apr 29, 2011
revomind:

OP is probably idle.

So half the wealth of ogun will be going to delta, hahaha.
OP you are a big fo//ol,
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by ektbear: 5:16am On Apr 29, 2011
I dunno. A disproportionate # of folks on the US Supreme Court are Catholics. 6 out of 9 . 2 of the 9 are Jewish. None are Protestants.

Yet Protestants are 51% of the US's population, while Catholics are only 25%, and Jews are 3%.

Is this some conspiracy against 51% of the US's population, that they have none of their co-religionists on the Supreme Court?

I don't think anyone really cares.

Religion really isn't that big a deal. . . shared culture is more important.

At least, in forward-thinking, progressive lands like the US and Yorubaland grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 29, 2011
what a dummb post, obviously jobless
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by folem: 10:32am On Apr 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Tell me who were the Moslem alternatives to Otedola in 1992, Is it Agbalajobi, Yomi Edu or Sarumi

The above are all Muslims. Dapo Sarumi, Femi Agbalojobi and Yomi Edu.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-582273.0.html

Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem?

Lagosboy:

Bros get your facts right please, in as much as i dont like this thread and believe it makes no sense. It was Femi Agbalajobi vs Sarumi in the SDP fiasco of 91. Yomi Edu who is a muslim only emerged after the 2 were disqualified and contested against Michael Otedola a chritian.

Lagos indegines are mainly muslims and you need to go to isale eko where i am from to  understand what we mean. Almost every southwest family have a mix in terms of religion and we have to treat ourselves with mutual respect. ´The thread is divisive and governance does nopt depend on the religion of the politician as most politicians in Nigeria are thieves anyway.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182659.0.html

Is Lagos State A Muslim State?
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by Jarus(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2011
Pure gobbledygook.

If anybody wants to Islamize the SW, is it Tinubu, who was accomodating enough to have a Christian wife?

Pure coincidence.

Dayokanu provided an answer in 2008:
In most Yoruba families you have Xtians and Moslems and they have mixed well over the ages. Of all Yoruba states presently we have 5 govs who are Xtians and 1 moslem. in 1999, 3 moslems 3 xtians
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182659.0.html#msg2936833
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by yinkkus: 4:54am On May 01, 2011
please, my fellow on this topic i want you all to know that Adams Oshiomole  is not practicing islam though he was born a Muslim. is now a christian through his wife.
Re: Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot by HamidO1(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2011
@op do you think at all?? Of what use is religion if you have a performer?? Why didn't the same Tinubu ask people not to vote GEJ because he is a Christian?? What if I tell you governor Fashola's wife is a Christian. Think before you type; you irritating m¤r¤n.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Now Kidnap And Ransom Capital Of The World / Christians In Yorubaland Deserve What Is Happening To Them. / Yoruba Promise Shut Down North/South Border @ Jebba/Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.