Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. (15795 Views)

Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Cyoung4real(m): 11:32am On May 20, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
I remember like 5 years ago i went for an interview for a call center job then i only have 2k with me so have already calculate
How much i need to spend so i waited like 15 minute we were like 15 people for the interview mehn i ask the receptionist the rest room i went there unfortunately I put my wallet beside the washin basin of the toilet i rinse my hand and i forgot the wallet there i gues because of the tension of the i interview

It has reach my time for interviews before i enter the interview room i search my self i notice something is missing my phone was with me but my wallet is missing i keep sweating like a goat i went back to the toilet The wallet is gone almost fainted i went back to the interview room sweating but i stil compose my self but one of the interview notice but he didnt ask anytin unfortunately i pass the interview but one of the interviewer ask me why am i sweating is it because of the interview i said no that wallet had been stolen at the rest room that am stranded to go home back
They gave me 3k back home if not i could have to turn begger i stay in alagbado and i went all the way to ajah to do the interview

Unfortunately i got the job grin

Unfortunately kwa?? shocked
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Damisam93(m): 11:55am On May 20, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
I remember like 5 years ago i went for an interview for a call center job then i only have 2k with me so have already calculate
How much i need to spend so i waited like 15 minute we were like 15 people for the interview mehn i ask the receptionist the rest room i went there after using the toilet I put my wallet beside the washing basin of the toilet, i rinse my hand and i forgot the wallet there i gues because of the tension of the i interview

It has reach my time for interviews before i enter the interview room i search my self i notice something is missing my phone was with me but my wallet is missing i keep sweating like a goat i went back to the toilet The wallet is gone almost fainted i went back to the interview room sweating but i stil compose my self but one of the interview notice but he didnt ask anytin unfortunately i pass the interview but one of the interviewer ask me why am i sweating is it because of the interview i said no that wallet had been stolen at the rest room that am stranded to go home back
They gave me 3k back home if not i could have to turn begger i stay in alagbado and i went all the way to ajah to do the interview

I later got the job grin

You meant fortunately
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Psady(m): 12:06pm On May 20, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
You are supposed to suspect that the job vacancy is fake when you're ask to pay agency fee.
Seem u don't reside in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Psady(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2021
I have never experienced being stranded, because I try to be extra cautious when going out of my safe zone. I just hate begging.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:32pm On May 20, 2021
Damisam93:

You meant fortunately

Edited
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by saintneo(m): 12:34pm On May 20, 2021
No worries, it's a lesson.

omolola100:
I saw an advert at mowe about a job vacancy,i decided i was going to apply for the post of hotel receptionist with basic salary 45k and free accomodation, i was so exited when i saw the benefit attached to the job.

So i called the number and i was directed to their office, on getting to the office,the secetary told me the agent fee is 2500, without hesitating i paid the money the following day.

I was given the address and the hotel is situated at festac, i packed few of my things and was set to go and resume work, i had to borrow tfare from my sister on that day.

To my greatest suprise i had spent almost all i have with me before getting the location, i knocked at the gate and i explain to the gateman about my mission, he told me they had employed someone about two month ago.

I felf like crying when i heard they had employed someone else, what comes to my mind is how i will get back to mowe from festac.

I had to beg for transport before i could get to mowe.

Have u ever experience such situation before?
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by D1zion: 12:43pm On May 20, 2021
complexBoss12:
Let me get this straight, you borrowed transport to go resume work where you did not apply. I would not be wrong to also deduce that you were hoping to get paid, fed and accommodated on arrival?
read well he said he saw advert & he called the number on it!
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by andyblinks05: 12:44pm On May 20, 2021
Too bad to be strandede
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by RexTramadol1: 12:48pm On May 20, 2021
alexpumpin:
I can't forget the day i trekked from ojota to mafoluku after i lost my wallet in 1997. I was so ashamed to beg for money from passersby, not because of superiority complex but because, i was not raised to be a begger. That can never happen again sha, Thanks to technology.

Jesu! I can’t imagine
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:00pm On May 20, 2021
Psady:
Seem u don't reside in Lagos.

Born and Brought in Lagos.

I rep Agege.
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by omoalaafin: 1:34pm On May 20, 2021
Welcome to Lagos!
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by HRMK: 1:59pm On May 20, 2021
that is lagos for u!applying for a job that has bn filled 2mths earlier and paying #2.5k mumu fee!
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by harmony75: 2:03pm On May 20, 2021
Chai pele!
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by enakho(m): 2:37pm On May 20, 2021
If you are a Nigeria graduate with out job, instead of you staying at home and shouting no job, why not join me my team in engaging in Network and digital marketing. This is 21st century, don't be broke. Lagos only WhatsApp me. 08171457099
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 20, 2021
Sometime last year I went for an exam somewhere very far from my place, the exam was scheduled 7am but due to the distance and hold up I got there around 15minutes to 7, unfortunately I left my ID card at home. The gateman refused to let me in without ID card even after I showed him my script he insisted I should go and make another ID card and it was only 500 that was left with me which is suppose to be my tfare. I gathered courage and use it to make another ID card. Before I could finish with everything it was already 7:30, they refused to let me in for the exam cause it was already late, i was so frustrated and disappointed. The kind curse I cursed the gateman that day if curses truly works that one must work on him cause i cursed him from the depth of my heart. Las las i had to trek a very long distance cause I don't know how to beg
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by herdhexy(m): 3:25pm On May 20, 2021
was late at work in lekki... On getting to iyanoworo no bus again despite me having money with me.... Had to trek from iyanoworo around 12 to ketu.... Saw so many strange thing that nite.... Not all these mad woman and man are mad...... Many of them are kidnappers and evil doers....

Another 1 was during covid-19 lockdown... Was stranded at iyanoworo..... Had to join a group of people to enter PSP lawma dirty car....
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 20, 2021
femi4:
No, I always go out with more than enough cos when rush hour comes, Agege to Ikeja that use to be N200 can fly to N800
U lagosians are trying,that 800 will fuel my Golf car and take me to where am going inside Akure.
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by anthonyuncle(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2021
Dwayne22:
Sometime last year I went for an exam somewhere very far from my place, the exam was scheduled 7am but due to the distance and hold up I got there around 15minutes to 7, unfortunately I left my ID card at home. The gateman refused to let me in without ID card even after I showed him my script he insisted I should go and make another ID card and it was only 500 that was left with me which is suppose to be my tfare. I gathered courage and use it to make another ID card. Before I could finish with everything it was already 7:30, they refused to let me in for the exam cause it was already late, i was so frustrated and disappointed. The kind curse I cursed the gateman that day if curses truly works that one must work on him cause i cursed him from the depth of my heart. Las las i had to trek a very long distance cause I don't know how to beg

if na me,i must leave one better blow for that security guy face
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by ofiko123(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2021
How will the day you got stranded in Lagos help the economy of the federal republic of Nigeria...
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by boyjo: 8:24pm On May 20, 2021
herdhexy:
was late at work in lekki... On getting to iyanoworo no bus again despite me having money with me.... Had to trek from iyanoworo around 12 to ketu.... Saw so many strange thing that nite.... Not all these mad woman and man are mad...... Many of them are kidnappers and evil doers....

Another 1 was during covid-19 lockdown... Was stranded at iyanoworo..... Had to join a group of people to enter PSP lawma dirty car....
Kindly share all the strange things you saw if you don't mind?
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by XshegzzyeeiX: 8:44pm On May 20, 2021
alexpumpin:

If you don't have wallet den, where you wan keep ur NITEL unit card. Na normal cruise bro
Sir, you should be in your late 50's.
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Legendguy(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2021
Thank God for standing bus in Lagos that help to minimize transport fair, I would have been getting stranded in Lagos but pay for standing some times reduces t.fair
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by alexpumpin: 11:11pm On May 20, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Sir, you should be in your late 50's.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Woohoo! N-power Build Training Commences Today. Congratulations To All Trainees. / Npower: Payment Processing At Concluding Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.