Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,003 members, 7,810,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting (29230 Views)

I Fainted On The Road Today While Searching For A Job / START A SIDE BUSINESS TODAY WHILE SEARCHING FOR JOB / The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Blossommind: 3:20pm On May 10, 2023
I want to share what could have landed me in death or in a disfigured state but God said NO, having seen that I only came to hustle for my daily bread. There are cases of this type that people don't live to testify. I shall not die before my time.

Note: please I dont know how to write without errors and as I am in an unstable state now. So apology to English teachers and students in advance if you see errors. I'm a product of evening school.

First of all, I am a hustler and I have this strong desire to become a better person in life despite my background. 30+, father of two who still went back to school to study for a degree for the sake of the future, which is also putting additional pressure on me.

I do house painting and farming. So I got this small painting work that could have help me earn some money which I really needed it, thus, I grabbed it with joy. A one story building. It is one side of the house, given to me by the main contractor. Everything was going fine until at some point when i shifted the ladder to another position, put a stopper at the base so that the ladder won't slip. Everything looked good just like l have been doing all the while before I climbed it. While still climbing far up with a bucket of paint and long roller on my left hand, suddenly, the ladder slipped backwardly and with speed like siooooooooooood....... (like in a second or two) till it crashed landed. You know that kind sioooood sound. Meanwhile, I can't explain when the paint left my hand back to the ground and when I also left the ladder without even knowing, on free fall until I crash landed too. There was nothing to hold or anyway to help myself to land well. Chai, may we not die while looking for our daily bread. That was how I landed on my back roughly and hit the head on the wall. Chai, come and see me in this condition, no how you won't pity me. I didn't even know what to do immediately on crashing on the ground, to cry hungry me but I no fit cry at the same time.

Worse thing is that this kind of fall does not give any room to defend yourself. You just fall helplessly like a bag of fufu and land anyhow. Poor me! This hapoened after 10am today.

As it were, that was the end of the work and am back in the house now licking my wounds. Since the job is at personal-risk, whatever you see, you take. Nobody to complain to for sympathy.

Meanwhile, my second child is less than a month old. Praise be to God for not letting this moment of joy turn to tears, assuming injuries required medical emergency or even death.

To be a man is not a day job. It takes a lot to build to become a man especially, financially.

Right here at home, back/body pain, swollen head with serious headache (as I hit on the wall), dislocated joints (right wrist) and sharp pain around the left part of the waist, all going on around me.

"Brother Bernard" happened to me.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Chifriend(m): 3:24pm On May 10, 2023
Sad. Sorry bro. May God bring open doors for you.

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by taylor89(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry

3 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by RealSolution001: 3:29pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry for that. Stay strong.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by OJODEL10(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2023
sorry dude God will bless your hustle

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Nemesis0147(m): 3:52pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry boss but I will advise you go for a medical check up and also run an X-ray…you might have sustained an internal injury without knowing.
Lost one young man of recent….the same story as yours but he was a carpenter….dude didn’t go for any check up and died 2 weeks later after complaining of chest pain within 3hrs…he was rushed to the hospital but it was later already….he sustained a heart injury.

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by RealSolution001: 4:30pm On May 10, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Sorry boss but I will advise you go for a medical check up and also run an X-ray…you might have sustained an internal injury without knowing.
Lost one young man of recent….the same story as yours but he was a carpenter….dude didn’t go for any check up and died 2 weeks later after complaining of chest pain within 3hrs…he was rushed to the hospital but it was later already….he sustained a heart injury.

OP please take note of this.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by radiolover(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2023
Nemesis0147:

It's been long I posted in this forum but having come across this thread, I had to log in to make this post. Just like this person has said, it reminds me of a very dear one who died in the same circumstance. I don't know how you are going to do it but even if you have to borrow, borrow and go do scan. This will help you determine if you have sustained any internal injury or not and if yes, it will be tackled squarely, better than leaving it to degenerate. Please I strongly advise you to go do scan or x-ray to be sure of your health status.

Let me help you call on the mods if they can help you push this to front page so you hear what others would say.

Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod, Dominique, Lalasticlala

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Blossommind: 4:42pm On May 10, 2023
Nemesis0147:

Thank you for bringing to my notice.

26 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Blossommind: 4:42pm On May 10, 2023
radiolover:

It's been long I posted in this forum but having come across this thread, I had to log in to make this post. Just like this person has said, it reminds me of a very dear one who died in the same circumstance. I don't know how you are going to do it but even if you have to borrow, borrow and go do scan. This will help you determine if you have sustained any internal injury or not and if yes, it will be tackled squarely, better than leaving it to degenerate. Please I strongly advise you to go do scan or x-ray to be sure of your health status.

Let me help you call on the mods if they can help you push this to front page so you hear what others would say.

Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod, Dominique, Lalasticlala

Thank you too for this.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Psady(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2023
What a sad story! Please get well soon bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by iHateFraudsters: 5:22pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry man, may the angels keep catching you anytime you fall.

3 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by NoshakingGod(f): 5:29pm On May 10, 2023
OMG. See that head. Sorry sir. The hustle is more really than real.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by kasim155: 5:29pm On May 10, 2023
So sorry, please stay strong and try to do a scan incase there is any internal injury.

8 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Mystery9(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry o.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Wizlead: 5:45pm On May 10, 2023
Chai. I feel pity for you bro. Sorry about the unfortunate situation.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by LongLife4all: 5:48pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry bro. Please be more careful next time.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Tallesty1(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2023
So sorry bro. You should save to get foldable aluminum ladder or build strong scaffle.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 10, 2023
Eiya sorry, God will bless you abundantly in no distant time. Amen
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Directway: 6:28pm On May 10, 2023
Get well soon. You deserve better.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Richbyfaith: 6:32pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry sir but don't know why the head shape looks funny. Thank God you didn't die.

1 Like

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by VanDerWaalforces: 6:37pm On May 10, 2023
So sorry my brother! May God remember you soon. Pls, take proper care of yourself sir.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2023
OP sorry about what happened to you, I can relate, that Yr mine was while tracing and electrical fault, I fell from the PVC ceiling to the tiled floor, thank God I didn't smashed my head because you wouldn't have heard this grin

3 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Onedayoneday: 6:47pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry, what you need most now is scan ascertain the state of your health.

1 Like

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Jecci(f): 6:51pm On May 10, 2023
Thank God for your life.... but you should try to go for a check-up ASAP.

That was how I had a free fall at home four years ago and I just took pain Killers everything was gone the next week. Went about my business as usual now that has come back to haunt me because on that same leg I have done three orthopedic surgeries all high risk still yet I haven't corrected the leg.

The pains I feel on the leg is out of here, I can't climb stairs or even walk a distance of 10 mins anymore.

That nasty fall changed everything about my life and I have still not recovered from it. My kneecap was affected. So you see you need to go run x-ray and scan as soon as possible. If you have money for a CT scan please spare because you said your head was impacted heavily so as to rule out internal bleeding.

See fine girl like me at my young age wey I think say everything perfect for my body dey do shakara dey go at this point everything has gone out of the window. I can't function the way I am supposed to.
It is really limiting me alot. Was supposed to get married this year but everything went South 90% because of the leg. His family shifted his mind and him too started acting up. So my dear please take care of your health. Don't take it for granted.
Just that one fall I had that I didn't take serious the resulting effect is dealing with me so badly

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by westlius(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2023
So sorry, pls go for checkup, and pls try get an harness belt, be safety conscious
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Dzzzz: 7:16pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry bro
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by seetomorrow: 7:32pm On May 10, 2023
Blossommind:
I want to share what could have landed me in death or in a disfigured state but God said NO, having seen that I only came to hustle for my daily bread. There are cases of this type that people don't live to testify. I shall not die before my time.

Note: please I dont know how to write without errors and as I am in an unstable state now. So apology to English teachers and students in advance if you see errors. I'm a product of evening school.

First of all, I am a hustler and I have this strong desire to become a better person in life despite my background. That is why right even as I am in my 30s and as a father of two, I still went back to school to study for a degree for the sake of the future, which is also putting additional pressure on me.

By hand work, I do house painting and farming. So I got this small painting work that could have help me earn some money which I really need it, thus, I grabbed it with joy. A one story building. It is one side of the house, given to me by the main contractor. Everything was going fine until at some point when i shifted the ladder to another position, put a stopper at the base so that the ladder won't slip. Everything looked good just like l have been doing all the while before I climbed it. While still climbing far up with a bucket of paint and long roller on my left hand, suddenly, the ladder slipped backwardly and with speed like siooooooooooood....... (like in a second or two) till it crashed landed. You know that kind sioooood sound. Meanwhile, I can't explain when the paint left my hand back to the ground and when I also left the ladder without even knowing, on free fall until I crash landed too. There was nothing to hold or anyway to help myself to land well. Chai, may we not die while looking for our daily bread. That was how I landed on my back roughly and hit the head on the wall. Chai, come and see me in this condition, no how you won't pity me. I didn't even know what to do immediately on crashing on the ground, to cry hungry me but I no fit cry at the same time.

Worse thing is that this kind of fall does not give any room to defend yourself. You just fall helplessly like a bag of fufu and land anyhow. Poor me! This hapoened after 10am today.

As it were, that was the end of the work and am back in the house now licking my wounds. Since the job is at personal-risk, whatever you see, you take. Nobody to complain to for sympathy.

Meanwhile, my second child is less than a month old. Praise be to God for not letting this moment of joy turn to tears, assuming injuries required medical emergency or even death.

To be a man is not a day job. It takes a lot to build to become a man especially, financially.

Right here at home, back/body pain, swollen head with serious headache (as I hit on the wall), dislocated joints (right wrist) and sharp pain around the left part of the waist, all going on around me.

"Brother Bernard" happened to me.
\

So sorry my young man. You are stronger. just take proper medicine, you will be fine.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry boss,soon the hussle is going to pay better and more, keep it in.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Picktrust: 7:43pm On May 10, 2023
We keep hustling till the day we stop breathing. No transfer, no leave.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by riverbird: 8:04pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry bro.....hope no serious injuries?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Slot Nigeria Is Recruiting Nationwide / Confusion Over N-power As Scheme Takes Off Today / Immigration To Recruit 5,000 Personnel Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.