Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster (19787 Views)

Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN / Bayelsa International Airport Is Almost Ready (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Ikomfreshest: 8:22am On May 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Take heart

If you have his phone number you can use it to track him down

But the money you ll use will be more than that 150k
Yes thats why I want people to compromise his account
And steal from him too let him feel how it is.
You would not understand. My business has been ruined.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Born2Breed(f): 8:29am On May 20, 2021
Alas! The old witch speaks.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Uchemus(m): 8:31am On May 20, 2021
The situation is quite disgusting. Exactly what you described was what I experienced last month. The heat alone was enough to make someone stroke. It amazing that the whole of Nigeria can't afford to install functional ACs in the airport.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by mmsen: 8:32am On May 20, 2021
CSTRR:
The solution to the immigration mess is simple.

Just get staffs on standby somewhere, prepped, trained and ready for employment at a moment notice.

Send spies to the airport, watch any immigration staff misbehaving, note his/her desk, and fire him/her by the end of the day.

Replace the next day with the new staff.

By the time, you do it for one week consistently, both the old staff and the new staff will act professionally so as not to lose their jobs.

Don't be surprised that as simple as this solution is, nobody in the aviation space has thought of it.

They would lose 70% of their staff within a month.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2021
stunnert:
My uncle who is also a private investigator in the states complained of this same thing when he came around last month. His point was the NDLEA were understaffed in the NO 1 Airport of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Contact me if you a private investigator.

Drop a detail
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by 080bjaked(m): 8:41am On May 20, 2021
Someone that mishandled Osun state was given a bigger portfolio and you people expected miracles from heaven abi? grin

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by iwaeda: 8:53am On May 20, 2021
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/iyaboawokoya/status/1394678997628428290?s=19
Madam Iyabo Awokoya should go and rest, she should go and tell Buhari she love without fault. She was with Dele Disu celebrating medicority on 99.3fm on Saturday.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by iwaeda: 8:54am On May 20, 2021
080bjaked:
Someone that mishandled Osun state was given a bigger portfolio and you people expected miracles from heaven abi? grin

Ori epe, God bless you!
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 8:55am On May 20, 2021
WHEN GOATS AND COW PUT IN THE OFFICE OF THE REAL PEOPLE______ NOT THEIR FAMILY WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE JOB HIS DOING

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by CSTRR: 8:59am On May 20, 2021
mmsen:

They would lose 70% of their staff within a month.
Yes.
That is what it would take to bring sanity.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by iwaeda: 9:04am On May 20, 2021
NOHOLDSBAR:

I have landed many many times at Heathrow and even JFK where you can be in line for hours
Some just looking for attention nothing more.

But not US citizens; they have special route for clearing, but here in Nigeria, your own immigration officers treat you like animals.
Heathrow and JFK scrutinise you coming if you are Africans and Asians.

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:06am On May 20, 2021
Sterope:
There is no reason for citizens to be in line for hours. The Nigerian immigration service already have my biometrics. It is a waste of their time, my time and their resources to go through the madness again and again.

Efficiency must be employed to make clearing of passen9as seamless as possible. There will still be situations where you have many flights coming in st the same time hence the extended time at port of entry.

I'm not saying she's lying since I wasn't with her, but I'm a regular at that airport and from experience, it takes at most , 30 minutes to clear the covid protocol and immigration. Getting luggage and clearing customs are the only problem that I see there and the fact that the airport is just old and outdated.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by geezyk(m): 9:12am On May 20, 2021
A friend of mine who left the country for the first time last night parted with over 50k at the hands of greedy officials at the the airport. Everyone is there to extort you.

Tiny padlock wey our mama dey take lock soup for cupboard that time we still small, dem sell am 1k5, just imagine.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:21am On May 20, 2021
iwaeda:

But not US citizens; they have special route for clearing, but here in Nigeria, your own immigration officers treat you like animals.
Heathrow and JFK scrutinise you coming if you are Africas and Asians.

At the US airports, citizens, green card holders and Canadians have a line to go through and other passengers have another line. At MMA you basically have the same system. Nothing special about it.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by iwaeda: 9:25am On May 20, 2021
NOHOLDSBAR:

At the US airports, citizens, green card holders and Canadians have a line to go through and other passengers have another line. At MMA you basically have the same system. Nothing special about it.

Even foreigners get cleared faster in Nigeria than citizens!
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 9:28am On May 20, 2021
Nigerians like to complain too much without trying to do anything constructively about challenges/ issues they encounter.

Is it today that the MMA1 has been like this?
We need to learn to police our civil service officials.
Wear concealed cameras and catch them in the act, post it on social media and tag the relevant politicians. We are all stakeholders but without proof,it will just be endless shouting.

Install dashcams on your cars, catch the police when they drive one way.

It is the many cameras installed around developed nations that catch law breakers o....not winch or shouting.
British people started installing cameras in their places of work long before the government. When government saw how effective they were (back then they had TV programs that showed your plumber peeing in your sink, your waiter rubbing your bread on his crotch grin), they now started putting CCTV on the streets after 911.

Nigerians, we need to do better and stop expecting too much from our politicians as if we elected them to be Batman, Superman and Spiderman grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:29am On May 20, 2021
iwaeda:

Even foreigners get cleared faster in Nigeria than citizens!

Mostly because you don't have that many foreigners on each flight. You might have 20 foreigners compared to 100 Nigerians on any given flight.
Also the officers are more concerned about getting dollars from the Oyinbos.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by iwaeda: 9:34am On May 20, 2021
NOHOLDSBAR:

Mostly because you don't have that many foreigners on each flight. You might have 20 foreigners compared to 100 Nigerians on any given flight.
Also the officers are more concerned about getting dollars from the Oyinbos.
The way they beg as if they are entitled irritate me.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 9:41am On May 20, 2021
Such disrespect for Nigerians!!!!
Lack of respect for Nigerians is why we are where we are today. It is difficult, almost impossible to be loyal to a country that allows such disrespect of it's citizens.

Police treat Nigerians as if they are 4th class citizens. No respect for your human rights in any department. Even banks, hospitals etc that are taking your money, still disrespect is so much.

Aregbesola is truly failing Baba because he is doing a terrible job at ensuring Nigerians get respected.
President Buhari hates Nigerians being disrespected. I know this for a fact!
iwaeda:

Heathrow and JFK scrutinise you coming if you are Africas and Asians.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by iwaeda: 9:44am On May 20, 2021
bunto:
Such disrespect for Nigerians!!!!
Lack of respect for Nigerians is why we are where we are today. It is difficult, almost impossible to be loyal to a country that allows such disrespect of it's citizens.

Police treat Nigerians as if they are 4th class citizens. No respect for your human rights in any department. Even banks, hospitals etc that are taking your money, still disrespect is so much.

Aregbesola is truly failing Baba because he is doing a terrible job at ensuring Nigerians get respected.
President Buhari hates Nigerians being disrespected. I know this for a fact!
Which Buhari; 95 percentile?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:44am On May 20, 2021
iwaeda:

The way they beg as if they are entitled irritate me.

I agree. That's the greed in most Nigerians. Sad but true.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 9:46am On May 20, 2021
A friend of mine was leaving for Hungary 5 says ago and as his cousins drive him to the airport,they were stopped by the police. Even though he presented all his documents, several passports and his ticket, the police kept them for over 10 hours and he ended up missing his flight.

Honourable minister of interior....
You have failed Nigerians. Totally failed us. We thought Aregbesola would do much but apparently he is an incompetent minister.
Either that or he is trying his best to make this administration look bad .
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Sterope(f): 9:48am On May 20, 2021
It took me about 2 hours to get through immigration. Covid-19 clearing was quick. For a country with an overbloated civil service, it should have been quciker. complaint still

NOHOLDSBAR:

Efficiency must be employed to make clearing of passen9as seamless as possible. There will still be situations where you have many flights coming in st the same time hence the extended time at port of entry.

I'm not saying she's lying since I wasn't with her, but I'm a regular at that airport and from experience, it takes at most , 30 minutes to clear the covid protocol and immigration. Getting luggage and clearing customs are the only problem that I see there and the fact that the airport is just old and outdated.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 9:48am On May 20, 2021
Yes...the same Buhari
iwaeda:

Which Buhari; 95 percentile?
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 9:49am On May 20, 2021
People hating this president are just being hypocritical. He is not perfect, and he obviously is old and weaker than when he got there, but he has and has always had good intentions for Nigeria and Nigerians.
So many things are going right and it's obvious that the insecurity being experienced in terms of kidnappings and destructions are being fueled because Nigerians insist on blaming only one person for it.

I remember when Ambode was governor of Lagos State, about 3-4 years ago, Ikorodu was a no go area. Kidnappings, butcherings and ritual killings were rife.
Nobody blamed Buhari. Ambode called in SARS and ended that within 2-3 months.
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by NOHOLDSBAR: 10:01am On May 20, 2021
Sterope:
It took me about 2 hours to get through immigration. Covid-19 clearing was quick. For a country with an overbloated civil service, it should have been quciker. complaint still

2 hrs is definitely too long for clearing.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by stunnert(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2021
dmaximum44@gmail.com
PUSSYHOE:

Drop a detail
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Housing(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2021
She is a well BMC E-Warrior. She use to defend every nonsense of this government. Having a taste of her cherished government is not a bad thing.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Nobody: 10:27am On May 20, 2021
Unfortunately, no one pays attention to what's the problem in this country even when they know it. Reason being that they are clueless and don't know how to provide solutions because they have non!
Welcome home to your mother fuckin land!
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by Chrixtopha(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2021
YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING...SHEY U FOLLOW VOTE PMB AND HIS SQUAD AND STILL TELLING HIM NOT TO FAIL A FAILED PMB...YOUR NUMBER 13 SAID IT ALL
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by manmustwack: 11:23am On May 20, 2021
Nigeria is no longer a properly functioning country
Re: Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster by lymelyte(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2021
That's how I gave one 500naira before boarding and she said only 500naira? I was very angry and tempted to collect the money back..
See person when I Wan help undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice / My Road Bad Pass Your Own - Richard Akinnola On Lagos Roads / First Time Driving In Lagos? These 25 Lagos Driving Rules Will Help You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.