Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,363 members, 7,826,426 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? (86200 Views)

Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne / Pictures From My Weekend Visit To Miami Beach / This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Bialegend(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2021
WesternOligarch:

You guys blow enough hot air to boil an egg. grin
Disprove my claime. We are not into audio claims like you yorubas. We rely on known statistics to support our own claim.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by lymelyte(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2021
CardiNice:
Of all cuties in the world, you are mentioning miami in the same sentence with Lagos?
Have you ever been to south africa?
Have you ever been to Tanzania?
One of the things I've noticed about most NIGERIANS are over bloated ego fueled by lack of exposure.
Nigeria has not just the problem of corruption, most of her people need mental enlightenment.

How on earth will anyone say Lagos is fast becoming miami?
It's either you are a complete villager or you are just a complete illiterate.
this sums it all.. They have never been outside the country.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by sulaak(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
This is Rwanda that witnessed genocide in 1995

What city in Rwanda?

I doubt this city is in Rwanda.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by KingDash: 6:08pm On May 21, 2021
plaindealer:

This is SA, what's next?

Low self-esteem and inferiority complex people, always ranting about other countries that are sometimes beneath Nigeria all because of hatred, bitterness, and anti-Nigerian madness.

guy Africa in general is a rubbish place, God don cheat us.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:09pm On May 21, 2021
Gamesmart:

Are you really not on the worst kind of drugs?

Is that not like Dubai when compared to this:

https://news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/idt2/assets/c8bf5c52-98f3-4fa3-91e9-67ca5af219b1

I understand, the South Africa below is obviously what they call Dubai in your village.

Inferiorirty complex and low self esteem people..

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 21, 2021
raker300:
Op,

How many accounts do you have here?

I’ve counted 6 accounts with your similar name and mode of posting.

Isn’t such moves illegal on this forum?

Am sure they need ppl like you to increease their “registered user” profile

It becomes illegal if they previously ban you

19. Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Bialegend(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2021
IMAliyu:

I don't see anything wrong with his "should be"
We should always try to be better than what we currently are.

If Lagos had steady electricity (which should be possible if the national grid was decentralized), well maintained roads, running water and an actual waste management system.
Wouldn't it be at least the best city in Africa?
Continue with your "should be" while your fulani people that have never known nor built a civilisation destroys what is left of the people of the contraption they call nigeria with your taqiya way of life. As for we Biafrans, we don't celebrate mediocre. Reason why we MUST leave your nigeria to build a civilization that the whole world will marvel at.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:12pm On May 21, 2021
KingDash:
guy Africa in general is a rubbish place, God don cheat us.

That's your own opinion.

Saying Africa is rubbish means you are rubbish..
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by AsawanaDgreat: 6:12pm On May 21, 2021
I love Lagos State. Semi London
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:13pm On May 21, 2021
Lagos is beautiful..

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Bialegend(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2021
Anyone comparing South Africa here must be a fool. That country was built by white people. Their blacks are the most backwards after the fulanis of nigeria. Compare your nigeria to Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Angola all of which are far better than your contraption called nigeria. Below is Angola that just came out from war not long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3eMm0D6BhM

Luanda The Capital City of Angola 2020

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:14pm On May 21, 2021
grin

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 21, 2021
Bialegend:

Disprove my claime. We are not into audio claims like you yorubas. We rely on known statistics to support our own claim.

You made no claims....your 5 state region the size of Oyo state is getting ×5 of federal allocation still have nothing to show except for having one of the most dirtiest and polluted cities in the world(Abia), normally the south east is supposed to be just one state or at most two, in terms of education, infrastructure, technology and business you guys still remain at the bottom, politically we all know were you guys stand...... your chestbeating only makes you look ignorant and stupid. Now run along boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by ShawnMcJoe: 6:15pm On May 21, 2021
These pictures are images taken from Victoria Island, Lagos Island, Ikoyi and Lekki which of course have some great scenery and buildings I must confess. Don't be fooled, over 90% of lagosians actually reside in places like Agege, Ojodu Berger, Surulere, Mushin, Ogba, Oshodi, Omole, Ipaja, Ajah (beyond Sangotedo), Isolo, Ebutte Metta, Akowonjo, Festac, Yaba, Ikorodu, Ketu, Alapere etc and these are where the real hustle is. I'm sure nowhere in the whole of America is as rugged as these later places mentioned. That's the reality.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:16pm On May 21, 2021
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:17pm On May 21, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:17pm On May 21, 2021
l

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:18pm On May 21, 2021
n

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:19pm On May 21, 2021
c

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:19pm On May 21, 2021
o

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by forgiveness: 6:19pm On May 21, 2021
TheStronghold:
That's mainly the northern sympathetic nature to boko haram and their ideology. They can easily crush them but they see them as their brothers.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. If not for Nigeria and the problem it brings (over population on the southwest, reducing GDP per capita and job availability, over bearing our electricity capacity, even Osun has great electricity, that's because of low population) Yoruba Nation would've been like Egypt/ Morroco/South Africa by now. Nigeria is greatly holding Yorubas back.

The Greek are white, but they are not the same as the Germans at all. One country is barely sustainable, the other is an incredibly run, intelligent, and wealthy country. Yorubas are not the same as Fulanis. Igbos are smart and hardworking as well, but they lack the capacity to build a top tier nation as a group as they're too individualistic. Yorubaland that had the first tv station in Africa and the first skyscraper in sub Saharan Africa in1963, is struggling to build more in 2021. Clearly something has gone massively wrong. The difference between now and then is Yorubas controlled everything in the regional system, now decisions run through the central government, largely dominated by northern states.

Security in Nigeria might have been compromised else I don't see us not solving the problems ones and for all or reduce it if we agree security can't be solved ones for all.

I think regional system of government would have saved us this security issues and hasten economical, political, developmental, etc growth in each regions.

Do not underestimate the SE. They are not individualistic as you think.

In fact, they tend to work as a group based on what I deduced from my stay in the SE.

They will certainly do well.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by forgiveness: 6:21pm On May 21, 2021
ShawnMcJoe:
These pictures are images taken from Victoria Island, Lagos Island, Ikoyi and Lekki which of course have some great scenery and buildings I must confess. Don't be fooled, over 90% of lagosians actually reside in places like Agege, Ojodu Berger, Surulere, Mushin, Ogba, Oshodi, Omole, Ipaja, Ajah (beyond Sangotedo), Isolo, Ebutte Metta, Akowonjo, Festac, Yaba, Ikorodu, Ketu, Alapere etc and these are where the real hustle is. I'm sure nowhere in the whole of America is as rugged as these later places mentioned. That's the reality.

Which is Lagos among all you listed? Remember, he said Lagos not Lagos state.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:21pm On May 21, 2021
x

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by KingDash: 6:26pm On May 21, 2021
plaindealer:

That's your own opinion.

Saying Africa is rubbish means you are rubbish..
yeap... you're rubbish mate. I totally agree.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by forgiveness: 6:26pm On May 21, 2021
Bialegend:

Dumbo, google is your friend. Type the name of their capital and see for yourself. All you cow brains are a disgrace to Africans.

Who is the cow brain after seeing this fact? grin

1. Lagos total numbers of high rise

2. Dar es salaam total numbers of high rise

Which has more high rise?

This is emporis for your information. grin

Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 21, 2021
Shiver99:
Short answer: No.

Long Answer: Heck no.

hidden secrets of money comes to mind!!
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by andrewbaba44: 6:29pm On May 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Exactly! They see the good part and arrive at a conclusion those African countries are better than Nigeria.

Kenya is not better than Nigeria and their only best city Nairobi is surrounded by massive slums.

Not better than Abuja and Lagos in terms of infrastructural development.

Only South Africa is better than Nigeria in Sub Sahara Africa.
What do you mean by sub Sahara Africa
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by plaindealer: 6:30pm On May 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Which is Lagos among all you listed? Remember, he said Lagos not Lagos state.

Sad that you have to lecture them, reading and comprehension is a big problem in Nigeria.
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by lymelyte(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2021
shogsman:

Even Americans, European tourists calls Lagos the Los Angeles of Africa, but archaic lack of self worth won't allow you see that, tribalism has eaten deep into the life of some of you that you're practically unable to appreciate good things
That is they decieve you and collect all your wealth without you even knowing..
Re: Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? by Bialegend(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2021
forgiveness:

Who is the cow brain after seeing this fact? grin

1. Lagos total numbers of high rise

2. Dar es salaam total numbers of high rise

Which has more high rise?

This is emporis for your information. grin
Why are these yorubas so daft and dumb at the same time. I said numbers of high-rise buildings. Simple english, this fool can't even comprehend. Go back again to read and may comprehend this time and then google to learn. Illiterate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

US Chartered Flight Lands At Lagos Airport / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Tuition Free Education In Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.