Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me (2110 Views)

She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by efixxxy: 12:07pm On May 21, 2021
Hello, I need help on how to cope with my friends, I earn more than anyone in the circle, but my issue is about how my friends take advantage of me.
They usually come to my place almost daily basis, to watch TV cook whatever they want and go, I can't manage food stuffs, I need to be restocking things 4 to 5 times every month because I have to feed 4 to 6 grown up, they've turned my place to free food restaurants and they will never buy anything in the house, I will buy water and food and it will just be finishing quick. And also even when we go out they always expect me to pay for the bills and they will order what I ordered even more. They always complain that no money. I need help on how to take this issue because I am so tired of it, I can't save anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Hotshisha: 12:09pm On May 21, 2021

If you are the richest or smartest among your friends and peers, it's time to change your circle of friends or you risk doom

In your mind you think they are only taking your food, but it's far more than that

To cut off parasite, a host must also deprive itself of some luxury

Hide your food stuff

Stay more at your work colleagues house or have area brothers who are richer more mature than you over the weekend

Get a girlfriend or hire an olosho for the weekend, gladly tell them to excuse you as you have conjugal obligation

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by TheCongo2: 12:13pm On May 21, 2021
They aren't pointing guns at you to ask you for food. Therefore, you can just be straightforward with them.
You can't provide for them everyday.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Franzinni: 12:14pm On May 21, 2021
Are you a yahoo boy?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 21, 2021
If God has put you in a position to help and be the giver, continue and don't be weary in doing good because in it God will continue to bless you and make you the giver and not the begger. Or would prefer you switched positions with them? God forbid!

What I'll advise you though is that you should give within your means in order not to get burnt in a bid to try to satisfy everyone.

If what you can afford conveniently in a month is stocking up only once. Do. Then if they finish it, and you can't go on again, don't stress. When they see that supply has dropped, they'll understand and adjust.

It's good to give but better to do so with a cheerful heart. Once it's no longer cheerfully done, then it's not worth it. It's time to resize and adjust where necessary but don't stop giving totally.

The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by heniford2: 12:44pm On May 21, 2021
Talk to them, don't stop stocking up your house the are your friends the will understand con3 hard too remember the will get someday so be smart in your spending save
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by debbydams(f): 12:52pm On May 21, 2021
efixxxy:
Hello, I need help on how to cope with my friends, I earn more than anyone in the circle, but my issue is about how my friends take advantage of me.
They usually come to my place almost daily basis, to watch TV cook whatever they want and go, I can't manage food stuffs, I need to be restocking things 4 to 5 times every month because I have to feed 4 to 6 grown up, they've turned my place to free food restaurants and they will never buy anything in the house, I will buy water and food and it will just be finishing quick. And also even when we go out they always expect me to pay for the bills and they will order what I ordered even more. They always complain that no money. I need help on how to take this issue because I am so tired of it, I can't save anymore.
I think u should stop buying food stuffs,if u r hungry u can eat in restaurant ..with time they will stop coming
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by AyarmBoye(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2021
Omo during that lock down I experienced such too ..... I have a ps4 and they came in the morning and left at night ,, some even slept overnight..Although When I realized they r sending me back to village gradually I stopped stocking both drinks, food and even fuel ...When Dey came , and nothing Dey, we contribute money to buy foods, drinks and petrol...I do the cooking ( which is better) ...... How much was I earning that would make me feed grown up adults daily!!!!

Wait you think you are richer than dem? Lolz You will be shocked when you see their account balance oloun

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by GOFRONT(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2021
If you come kukuma get girlfriend like Onyitutu, your own don finish be that.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Cutehector(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2021
Marry
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 21, 2021
Cutehector:
Marry
for real? angry
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Cutehector(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Carchoice:
for real? angry
any better choice?
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Richy4(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
If they are your friends then u can always talk in a joking manner that you have noticed that they like eating here... that each of them should contribute 100k to restock... failure to do so, no food/drink for them...That when next that they are coming, they should come with their own food and drinks....they will know that you know what they have been doing...

In my opinion though, I will suggest u ignore it ie if it's not hurting your pocket too much....Friendship is about sacrifice.. I can't remember the person that sang this song while growing up " blessed is the hand that giveth than the one that taketh..."
wink
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by wunmi590(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2021

The only possible way you can help them is to help them find something doing...

Tines are heard, alot of people are struggling to feed these days, is not thier fault, if they have means, they won't be in your place to eat...

Me as a person, I don't even know how to visit people talk more of going there to eat....

But believe me, if you have means of helping them where they can also be getting small monthly stipends, it won't be bad....

Please never use the present condition to condemn them, you can just find a way to tell them you are broke presently and you are managing your foodstuff too...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 21, 2021
1. Stop restocking.

2. Tell them you've got corona.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by efixxxy: 5:22pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

If you are the richest or smartest among your friends and peers, it's time to change your circle of friends or you risk doom

In your mind you think they are only taking your food, but it's far more than that

To cut off parasite, a host must also deprive itself of some luxury

Hide your food stuff

Stay more at your work colleagues house or have area brothers who are richer more mature than you over the weekend

Get a girlfriend or hire an olosho for the weekend, gladly tell them to excuse you as you have conjugal obligation

That's a good idea Thanks
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by efixxxy: 5:25pm On May 21, 2021
TheCongo2:

They aren't pointing guns at you to ask you for food. Therefore, you can just be straightforward with them.
You can't provide for them everyday.

I can't just tell them to stop beside they are used to me that they don't even ask, they will go straight and do what they want.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by MrOkenwa(m): 5:34pm On May 21, 2021
You guys are no longer on same page and if you must continue to grow, you got to cut down on friends that are no longer your size. Especially if their presence is of no meaningful benefit to you. Men are in sizes bro.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by efixxxy: 5:40pm On May 21, 2021
wunmi590:

The only possible way you can help them is to help them find something doing...

Tines are heard, alot of people are struggling to feed these days, is not thier fault, if they have means, they won't be in your place to eat...

Me as a person, I don't even know how to visit people talk more of going there to eat....

But believe me, if you have means of helping them where they can also be getting small monthly stipends, it won't be bad....

Please never use the present condition to condemn them, you can just find a way to tell them you are broke presently and you are managing your foodstuff too...

I started cheerfully with a good heart, but they don't make efforts atleast there are little things they can buy to help things but all will just be waiting for me to do everything.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 21, 2021
Same thing I experience . I just spend more time in my fiancee house and lock mine up, naturally am calculative in all I do because been downcast financially isn't something we pray for.
Person go withdraw money to feel good but will end up spending the entire sum because your so called friends couldn't contribute a dim, yes I earn more but it is never a reason. Because our work stress level no be the same.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by wunmi590(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2021
efixxxy:

I started cheerfully with a good heart, but they don't make efforts atleast there are little things they can buy to help things but all will just be waiting for me to do everything.

Stylishly let them know...

When they walked into your house one day, just use style to tell them that, unah no even buy common garri come...

Or always tell them to buy like rice when they are coming that you have stew at home to eat it...
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by frozen70(f): 8:56pm On May 21, 2021
efixxxy:

If you are ready to get them of your neck, stop buying raw fois at home

Eat out or just buy what you can eat at that moment cook it and that's all

Get your girl friend to be around especially when they are around, her presence will scare them away by not entering your room or stay long

If you are the type that on Generator to please them, get a rechargeable lamp and use it instead of Generator

Stop flaunting or displaying what you have for them to see that's what is attracting them

Hence forth start singing It to their ears that you need loan to sort out things as it has not been easy for you

Whenever they come, stop pleasing them and when they make requests tell them point blank that you don't have

You have to take action else they will wreck you down

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Pacesetter2021: 6:23am On May 22, 2021
Lock your apartment. If you have a car, park it else where, tell them you traveled. Either this or travel for real and inform them all. When you come back or resume parking in your compound, don't tell anyone you are back. They will eventually find out and complain why u didn't tell them, keep a straight face.

Keep that face straight most of the time. If they want to hang, you are not around.

I honestly don't get the loyalty amongst guys, some don't make sense at all. My guy my guy, and they will be sucking you dry with straw, adding no value at all to your life.

Oh well, do you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by iamyemiakins(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2021
It's time you change it for them o

You should let them know that the situation of the country cannot permit such dependence lifestyle anymore. Look them straight in the eyes and tell them!
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by PuZZyNegro: 9:02am On May 22, 2021
efixxxy:

This your topic and mine are similar, just that I wasn't asking for how to remove parasites as I have A1 in doing that.

Those friends will desert you once you go broke, do not be deceived. You may think that you are being a nice guy but to them, you are just another mugu or you think it's only girls that are parasitic?

In this life, learn how to not give a flying fuck_ because it will help you go a long way in life. Tell them off with straight face and dawn their wrath because they will definitely get angry.

The mistake you made was starting it in the first place. More like, you enabled them. I have a former coursemate that lives close to me with his parents. We didn't know that we live close to each other because I moved in here during my youth service while he was born and brought up here.

All of a sudden, the guy wants to turn my apartment to his own. Every night, he will call me that he's coming to sleep over. The way he'll even say it as though he was trying to keep me company. I had to use style to tell him off by not picking his calls whenever it's late in the evening and will call him back the following morning. He got the message and stayed off.

I cannot stress myself during the day only for me to come and squeeze myself on my bed instead of relaxing my body fully. One thing I don't understand is why people seek comfort that they cannot afford.

It will be hard to stop but you have to try, else you will use the money you will use to do something tangible to be feeding some leeches.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Angrygoat: 9:53am On May 22, 2021
I started loving myself since 2017. When I realised I only had God,my money and myself. I no get 1 single friend. What I came to realise is that the people I felt were my friends were talking behind my back making gests of me,hating me. My last friend in January.not a bkood relation. I bought him clothes dash him 8k. He never called me one day to ask for my welfare. Entitlement mentality,jealousy hatred,envy,witchcraft. You are poor in 2021 u will remain poor forever. I dont beg anyone to be my friend.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Tillatalk: 10:18am On May 22, 2021
efixxxy:
why not teach them how to fish too rather than complaining here
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by extol1(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2021
Franzinni:
Are you a yahoo boy?
good question, let start from there

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by extol1(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2021
you can talk to them based on their financial capability, that when coming buy this and that but if they are not financially okay, you can help them out
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by ImaIma1(f): 1:07pm On May 22, 2021
CharisEleos:
If God has put you in a position to help and be the giver, continue and don't be weary in doing good because in it God will continue to bless you and make you the giver and not the begger. Or would prefer you switched positions with them? God forbid!

What I'll advise you though is that you should give within your means in order not to get burnt in a bid to try to satisfy everyone.

If what you can afford conveniently in a month is stocking up only once. Do. Then if they finish it, and you can't go on again, don't stress. When they see that supply has dropped, they'll understand and adjust.

It's good to give but better to do so with a cheerful heart. Once it's no longer cheerfully done, then it's not worth it. It's time to resize and adjust where necessary but don't stop giving totally.

The Lord is your strength.

Even giving should be done with wisdom. These are not people that genuinely need help to put their lives on track but just like to live off someone and doing it very well.

If the food stuffs finish, won't he eat. He would need to restock and eat. Money that should be saved for projects and future plans is being exhausted on free loaders.

Some giving doesn't bring rewards. It's like pouring water into a basket.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by ImaIma1(f): 1:10pm On May 22, 2021
GOFRONT:
If you come kukuma get girlfriend like Onyitutu, your own don finish be that.

Lol...that's how my friend suffered o. She started dating a guy who was like the op. When they even going out on a date, the guys will follow cheesy especially one of them.

By the time he saw that he was losing his girl, he had to start sanitizing his house and sent them packing because some were living with him. The guys didn't like the babe because she came to spoil their show...lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Being Emotionally Abused? / Surprise Public Marriage Proposals. . . .Your Take? / Sweet Memories Of The Past ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.