Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,341 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? (3493 Views)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2022
Back to the case this 2022. I'm happily married now and my younger brother is still with us. But that entitlement mentality is yet to stopped by him. I hv called him severally to talk to him about some of the things he was doing when I was still dating my wife,that he is still doing even now we re married. And he doesn't want to change.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 11:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
He doesn't like being served food. He prefers to dish out food for himself after my wife's cooking. He doesn't wash plates after using them,knowing too well that my wife n I are not always at home because of the nature of our jobs. He will leave everything unwashed till we come back n do the cleaning. He will be comfortable seeing us doing chores he was supposed to do and he is always at home.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Chrizoby:
The worst that happened was when a new shirt she bought for me on my birthday,which she knew I hv not worn for one day,she saw the shirt on my brother. And the truth is that my brother didn't even ask me before putting on that shirt. Pls house, is it proper or not?
Did your brother know that the shirt was meant as a present from your galfriend? If yes, then he was out of line on that one there. Any clothing given as a gift from an outsider to a sibling, I tend to stay away from myself since I think it rude to adorn myself on such apparels. undecided

Other than that, i don't see anything wrong with sharing my clothing with my siblings. In fact, in my case, I ask that they ask my permission before doing so and that is what they do. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
Chrizoby:
Back to the case this 2022. I'm happily married now and my younger brother is still with us. But that entitlement mentality is yet to stopped by him. I hv called him severally to talk to him about some of the things he was doing when I was still dating my wife,that he is still doing even now we re married. And he doesn't want to change.
Tell him to Fk off until he learns manners abeg. No need for long story there. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Chrizoby:
He doesn't like being served food. He prefers to dish out food for himself after my wife's cooking. He doesn't wash plates after using them,knowing too well that my wife n I are not always at home because of the nature of our jobs. He will leave everything unwashed till we come back n do the cleaning. He will be comfortable seeing us doing chores he was supposed to do and he is always at home.
Send your brother back to your parents so he can learn the manners he refused to learn from your parents qbeg. undecided

You are married now and it is no longer his parent's house but another family's home that he is disrespecting. If he does not even learn to do chores as a bachelor, when will he do so? When he becomes a burden on some woman's child? Abeg, send him back home so he can get some well overdue hometraining o'jare! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Back to the sharing of clothings. That hasn't stopped now that i' m even married before people will come with their SIMP stuff. My wife has been complaining that at least a line should be drawn on that. What I did was to dash him all my clothes he loves sharing with me. Yet he still put on my new collections without asking. Remember he doesn't lack cloths of his own in the first place.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 11:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
The most annoying part now is that my foot wears re not even exempted. Knowing too well that he is size 44 and i'm 43. He will remove the inside soles of my shoes so that he will be comfortable wearing them. He has uncountable shoes and he normally buys his accurate sizes. This last Sunday, the particular shoes I hv in mind to wear to church. I went to clean and to polish them and discovered he went to 6am mass with that shoe. I discovered he removed the inside soles as well. I was so hurt n my wife was so annoyed and wanted to confront him herself. Though I stopped her and when he came back from church and brought the matter to him. His only response was that he didn't know I want to wear the same shoes. I practically brought out all his shoes and him what happened with them. He became mute n silent.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Chrizoby:
Back to the sharing of clothings. That hasn't stopped now that i' m even married before people will come with their SIMP stuff. My wife has been complaining that at least a line should be drawn on that. What I did was to dash him all my clothes he loves sharing with me. Yet he still put on my new collections without asking. Remember he doesn't lack cloths of his own in the first place.
Why does your brother have access to your "new collections"? Or maybe I should ask you why he is still living with you since he obviously does not understand boundaries and why they exist? undecided

Why does a married man such as yourself not realize that these boundaries are to be enforced not by spirits but by you and so far it is because you refuse to act that the line remains blurred? undecided

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
Chrizoby:
The most annoying part now is that my foot wears re not even exempted. Knowing too well that he is size 44 and i'm 43. He will remove the inside soles of my shoes so that he will be comfortable wearing them. He has uncountable shoes and he normally buys his accurate sizes. This last Sunday, the particular shoes I hv in mind to wear to church. I went to clean and to polish them and discovered he went to 6am mass with that shoe. I discovered he removed the inside soles as well. I was so hurt n my wife was so annoyed and wanted to confront him herself. Though I stopped her and when he came back from church and brought the matter to him. His only response was that he didn't know I want to wear the same shoes. I practically brought out all his shoes and him what happened with them. He became mute n silent.
Are you just here to whine and complain about your brother while you actually do nothing to ensure the problem not persist or something? undecided

Your wife is stressed in her marriage to you and the source of her stress happens to be your inaction. So are you really not seeing how you not doing anything about your brother is the problem here? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 12:04am On Feb 11, 2022
I m careful here because of one thing. And that is my wife. Any action I take now,people will misconstrue it that my wife is the problem. That see someone living comfortably with his brother, he married n pursued his brother from his house because of his wife.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 12:05am On Feb 11, 2022
You can see what some nairalanders commented when I first raised this issue
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Feb 11, 2022
Chrizoby:
I m careful here because of one thing. And that is my wife. Any action I take now,people will misconstrue it that my wife is the problem. That see someone living comfortably with his brother, he married n pursued his brother from his house because of his wife.
Obviously you have not been careful enough since you have allowed your relationship with your wife to remain a major stressor for her since you both had been dating. So Why you claim here that you have been careful because of her is beyond me. undecided

People will misconstrue what exactly? That your brother's disrespectful attitude has become a major issue even in your own married home? Are you at all serious? undecided

Send the boy back home and stop making ridiculous excuses for causing your wife more stress in her own marriage to you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Feb 11, 2022
Chrizoby:
You can see what some nairalanders commented when I first raised this issue
Please grow up abeg! You know what to do. Do it and stop whining about it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by socialmediaman: 1:27am On Feb 11, 2022
Chrizoby:

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2022
That is not funny ooo
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2022
Chrizoby:

@ Rubbiish, how is your sharing senselessly method now? I guess it's still the wife's fault. She is trying to separate the family, right. The younger brother is only bonding.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2022
Chrizoby:

Your brother is a greedy person. This has gone past siblings closeness. Your brother has no iota of respect for you. The fact that he can just go into your room and take out just anything is all shades of disrespectful and covetous; especially as he has enough.

In your initial post, many people tried to justify your brother's actions by using family bond and closeness as an excuse. They even castigated your gf (which is a Nairaland norm).Now, we can see that your brother has a big problem that you have enabled.

About the kitchen, if he cannot abide by you and your wife's rules, he should go back to your parents' house. I don't know why you are even housing him especially as you are newly married and do not need these kind of issues.

And you need to start locking up your room when you are out since he cannot keep his hands off your things. You and your wife should have your keys.

You are to blame for what is going on. Boundaries are important, but you didn't create any boundaries. Now, it has come back to bite you. Your wife is nice. I would have taken more drastic measures because I can't stand disrespectful people, whether my family or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Rubbiish(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
Chrizoby:
That is not funny ooo
Aren't u ashamed of yourself?
What sort of a man are u?
If your brother has done something u don't like, shouldn't u explain to him instead of coming here to cry like a wimp?
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Rubbiish(m): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2022
ImaIma1:

@ Rubbiis, how is your sharing senselessly method now? I guess it's still the wife's fault. She is trying to separate the family, right. The younger brother is only bonding.
I don't see any issue here
The poster is nothing but a wimp & blowing this out of proportion. If a sibling has done something as stated by the poster, he should explain to his brother. What is wrong in telling his brother he wanted to use the shoe for that Sunday, in case of next time, he can jokingly say it & they will laugh over it. Instead he is coming here to paint his brother bad over an issue as small as this! I can't remember the last time I drove my car, my younger brother is the one driving it around town & he doesn't need to take permission before doing that. Same apply to every of my property.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
Rubbiish:

I don't see any issue here
The poster is nothing but a wimp & blowing this out of proportion. If a sibling has done something as stated by the poster, he should explain to his brother. What is wrong in telling his brother he wanted to use the shoe for that Sunday, in case of next time, he can jokingly say it & they will laugh over it. Instead he is coming here to paint his brother bad over an issue as small as this! I can't remember the last time I drove my car, my younger brother is the one driving it around town & he doesn't need to take permission before doing that. Same apply to every of my property.

I know your type. You will never back down even if the truth is stoned at you. You will hold on to your argument even if it makes no sense because you cannot afford to be wrong.

So with all the shoes he has, it just has to be his brother's own that he must wear. This has left "brotherliness" to greed, covetous, arrogance and disrespect.

Your brother is driving your car because it is ok. Imagine the op waking up and preparing for work with his wife, and they go to where the car is supposed to be parked, and the brother has driven it out. You will still say it's ok. That the older brother should "jokingly" tell him and "laugh over it". Then he can go and take uber and be late for work.

Please be reasonable. That younger brother is covetous and disrespectful.

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2022
Rubbiish:

Aren't u ashamed of yourself?
What sort of a man are u?
If your brother has done something u don't like, shouldn't u explain to him instead of coming here to cry like a wimp?

Because it's a guy. You don't want your fellow guy to be dragged on Nairaland. But if it is the other gender, the op won't be a whimp and you wouldn't have cut her this much slack and defend her with your blood.

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Justkatty(f): 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
����
Why trying to heed to what may bring hatred between you and your siblings?
There are somethings you don't need anyone to advise you.
If she's so concerned about your brother putting on your shirts she should go for shopping for him.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
Still waiting for more advises. Because i really need them now more than ever. He likes going to pot to fetch food for himself even when my wife is at home.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Ginaz(f): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chrizoby:
Still waiting for more advises. Because i really need them now more than ever. He likes going to pot to fetch food for himself even when my wife is at home.

you annoy me so much! grow up and be a damn man oga. if you can't discipline your brother then fu*k off. how can your brother be displaying all manners of bad character and you have no guts to throw him out of your house?

should we kill him for you? i dislike weak men with passion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking / My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.