Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? (3444 Views)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
I hv this problem in my own house. My younger brother enjoy putting on my clothes without my permission. The issue is that though I don't always like it but I don't want to be seen as selfish or stingy with my things. The lady I want to marry always frown at that and she told me her younger ones cannot try that with her elder brother. That they should be a line and respect even though he is my brother.
The worst that happened was when a new shirt she bought for me on my birthday,which she knew I hv not worn for one day,she saw the shirt on my brother. And the truth is that my brother didn't even ask me before putting on that shirt. Pls house, is it proper or not?
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by thorpido(m): 3:12pm On May 21, 2021
Lol.
It might be something to do with how your parents raised you.They probably wore just anyone's clothes if it fit.

Talk to your brother and let him know there are boundaries.He won't change at once but if you keep insisting,he will get the message.

6 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Sunnick(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2021
Nothing is wrong. Tell you girlfriend that how brothers do ,even friends do it.
But if your officially marry, dats crossing the line

5 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by OB7Foreva(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2021
As far as your bro. Is always neat there's nothing wrong with it. Unless you're the type of person that love division

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 4:08pm On May 21, 2021
Thanks for your responses,i still hv reservations in not taking permission before,knowing too well I will not deny him that.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Supreme145(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2021
It depends on your family shaa, I have 6 brothers with almost the same body size and stature. You will never know who has what in the house, you just use, wash and keep for the next person interested. In school when things choke I resume at times with my younger brothers cloths.

If you want to stop him stop him because you are not comfortable with it and not because a woman said so.

16 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by wunmi590(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2021

You are just a pussy nigga...

You better don't let woman separate you and your family....

But if this same girlfriend wear your clothes, you will be laughing like a SIMPSON

Your girlfriend can leave you at any giving time, but your family will never.....

Blood is thicker than water

15 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:18pm On May 21, 2021
wunmi590:

But if this same girlfriend wear your clothes, you will be laughing like a SIMPSON

Your girlfriend can leave you at any giving time, but your family will never.....

The girl has already done the separation, all she is waiting for is to enter finally then she will start unleashing her true self
I don't just understand the type of SIMPs we have this day, imagine the nonsense I just read from a so called man (SIMPs).
Some guys really has to be reborn from their mothers womb, I believe this is how the brother have being loving together and sharing things together now that one daughter of Jezebel has entered the story is now different.
I only the wimps op not the daughter of Jezebel bcs this SIMPs allowed this to come if not what right does she HV to question me on why my brother should wear my.cloth or not
A cousin spent time with us and we all shared the same clothes, shoes just name it without any issue

11 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Uyi168: 11:07pm On May 21, 2021
90% of my brother clothes that year, na me carry am..

Very correct senior man. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by GboyegaD(m): 12:54am On May 22, 2021
At your ages, why should he be wearing your clothes?

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by frozen70(f): 11:55am On May 22, 2021
Chrizoby:
I hv this problem in my own house. My younger brother enjoy putting on my clothes without my permission. The issue is that though I don't always like it but I don't want to be seen as selfish or stingy with my things. The lady I want to marry always frown at that and she told me her younger ones cannot try that with her elder brother. That they should be a line and respect even though he is my brother.
The worst that happened was when a new shirt she bought for me on my birthday,which she knew I hv not worn for one day,she saw the shirt on my brother. And the truth is that my brother didn't even ask me before putting on that shirt. Pls house, is it proper or not?

In as much as such is done where there is love and good family bond between brothers, it's time you seat him down and let him know that you will appreciate if he stops wearing your clothes and you promise to be giving him money to buy cloths when you have it and you will always transfer the ones you don't want to him

You have to do these because of your girl

She doesn't know how your family bonds with each other to avoid her reasoning the other way

Women get time Sha

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2021
The fact remains that I always buy clothes for him, it's not as if he is lacking. The issue is that he is fond of leaving his own untouched but loves meddling with mine without permission.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 22, 2021
You allowed it from inception so why do you now see it as a problem because your woman feels it's not right?

Now what do you want us to tell you? Don't you have a mind of your own?

I remember growing up. I liked wearing one of my dad's polo because it was slim fitted. Las Las he left it for me and never for once was he angry that i shared his polo.

It depends on you. If you've not had issues with it before your girl brought it up, then let him be. Don't let someone destroy the bond you have with your brothers. But if you personally have a problem with it, then tell your brother to stop sharing your clothes with you.

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 22, 2021
DDP
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by debbydams(f): 3:02pm On May 22, 2021
Chrizoby:
this life no balance o,I v always wish to have a sister that can be using my things..I don't see anything wrong in that o

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2021
Blood bond is about to cracks

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 3:53pm On May 22, 2021
Truth be told, your brother doesn't have any respect for you at all. For him to even wear a new shirt that you haven't worn before is taking it too far.

I used to hide and wear my sisters' clothes. But fear would catch me to wear the one she hadn't worn before and something her man bought her for that matter.

Your brother lacks discretion and you allowed it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2021
frozen70:

In as much as such is done where there is love and good family bond between brothers, it's time you seat him down and let him know that you will appreciate if he stops wearing your clothes and you promise to be giving him money to buy cloths when you have it and you will always transfer the ones you don't want to him

You have to do these because of your girl

She doesn't know how your family bonds with each other to avoid her reasoning the other way

Women get time Sha

Op na her type bi dis, no follow this advice ohhhh, separationist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 3:58pm On May 22, 2021
wunmi590:

You guys are not objective in your comments. A younger brother that doesn't respect his brother's things. He even has the guts to wear something the brother hasn't worn before.

And yes, if as a girlfriend, I buy my man a gift and the first person to launch it is his brother, I will feel offended. If the younger brother lacks the respect and wisdom, his older brother needs to tell him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by frozen70(f): 4:40pm On May 22, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

Op na her type bi dis, no follow this advice ohhhh, separationist

If you have sense you will read that post again and again to understand every sentence there

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2021
frozen70:

If you have sense you will read that post again and again to understand every sentence there
How u take know say I dey senseless, op no mind this daughter of Jezebel ohhhhh

5 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by wunmi590(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2021
ImaIma1:

You guys are not objective in your comments. A younger brother that doesn't respect his brother's things. He even has the guts to wear something the brother hasn't worn before.

And yes, if as a girlfriend, I buy my man a gift and the first person to launch it is his brother, I will feel offended. If the younger brother lacks the respect and wisdom, his older brother needs to tell him.

I'm not saying what his brother did was good, but why is he just raising his voice now, just because his girlfriend not even his wife made a comment about it....

What of if they are twins what would the girlfriend have said?

Not a family matters girlfriend should put mouth... She's still a girlfriend not a wife yet...

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by ImaIma1(f): 10:12pm On May 22, 2021
wunmi590:

I'm not saying what his brother did was good, but why is he just raising his voice now, just because his girlfriend not even his wife made a comment about it....

What of if they are twins what would the girlfriend have said?

Not a family matters girlfriend should put mouth... She's still a girlfriend not a wife yet...

The fact that he is reacting because of his girlfriend's comment about it still doesn't make it right. Even if he's a twin, the twin should have the sense to know boundaries.

You can't have sense and wear somebody's new shirt that he hasn't worn before, let alone the one his babe bought him. It's just common sense. But some people lack it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by 1F30M4(f): 11:00pm On May 22, 2021
Chrizoby:
The fact remains that I always buy clothes for him, it's not as if he is lacking. The issue is that he is fond of leaving his own untouched but loves meddling with mine without permission.

Have a sit-down discussion with him.. No matter how much people would want to brand this as authentic family bond, it doesn't excuse the fact that he already feels entitled.. It's not like your brother should kneel and beg you before he can wear your clothes, nooo but a simple "bros, I like this/that, e really make sense & I go like use am comot abeg" won't actually cost him anything.. It also doesn't mean you would say no if he didn't ask in the first place, it's just a really mature way if he did let you in on wanting to try any on.

4 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by b3llo(m): 11:35pm On May 22, 2021
It's not bad provided that it's with your consent that they use it.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by mrwonlasewonie: 2:21am On May 23, 2021
Nothing wrong except he's using your clothes to knack vagina Abi he dey use am clean semen

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by JFOD: 12:57pm On May 23, 2021
How old is your brother?

is he aware that the cloth is a gift?

if you ask me, There's nothing wrong and it's out of love.

All these things depends on how everyone was brought up.

if you come from a home where things are shared , you won't have any issue with it. vice versa

The only time you will probably have issue is when he doesn't wash it or use it anyhow.

Hey, at least he's returning it grin

If you are going to talk to him about it, Handle it with care.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by NoToPile: 1:38pm On May 23, 2021
I don't believe in sharing clothes with siblings/ family/ friends but since you and your brother do share clothes he could at least have allowed you to wear the new shirt before he wears it, its commonsense it doesn't matter if he bought the shirt or was a gift from his girlfriend.

4 Likes

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by TheeDetective: 2:19pm On May 23, 2021
For some people, they won’t see anything wrong in doing so; whilst for others, they will have an issue with it. I think it all depends on how you relate with your sibling/s. But it’s important to ASK FOR PERMISSION FIRST AS IT IS DISRESPECTFUL IF NO PERMISSION WAS SOUGHT TO WEAR YOUR CLOTHS. That said, if you don’t like it, simply tell your younger brother not to wear your cloths again as you don’t like it; it’s as simple as that. I don’t see why this should cause a rift between both of you.

One more thing, your girlfriend needs to keep her nose out of your family affair and mind her own business. It is not for her to get involved in issues occurring within (in this case with your sibling) your family. You are not even married to her yet and she’s already interfering in your family matter undecided. You need to draw a line in how far she is allowed to get involved in your family matter concerning your parents/siblings; ENOUGH SAID.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Chrizoby(m): 7:51pm On May 24, 2021
I really cherish all the contributions here. Frankly,they re very helpful n insightful as well.
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Rubbiish(m): 8:20pm On May 24, 2021
Chrizoby:
It is very proper & there is nothing wrong with it. Your lady sound selfish! Be careful of her though!
Re: Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? by Rubbiish(m): 8:22pm On May 24, 2021
Supreme145:
It depends on your family shaa, I have 6 brothers with almost the same body size and stature. You will never know who has what in the house, you just use, wash and keep for the next person interested. In school when things choke I resume at times with my younger brothers cloths.

If you want to stop him stop him because you are not comfortable with it and not because a woman said so.
God bless u!
I can see op girlfriend will manipulate him when they finally get married!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help / My Wife Says She Won't Cook For Me Again. Pls Advice! / I Am Tired Of This "Stay At Home Already"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.