Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,765 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Yuguda Misyarns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuguda Misyarns (744 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / Check Out WETIN Tinubu Talk About Oba Of Lagos Misyarns ABOUT NDIGBO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yuguda Misyarns by SoJaded: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2011
The governor of Bauchi State, Isa Yuguda, has said it was the destiny of the corps members killed in the post-election violence that erupted in the state after the presidential election to die in the riots.

"As far as I am concerned, these corps members were destined to experience what they experienced during the course of their service to their fatherland because every new day is a new experience to each and every one of us as human beings," said the governor.

Mr Yuguda, who was fielding questions from journalists in Bauchi shortly after casting his vote at Baba Sidi Primary School on Ran Road under heavy security yesterday, said "as human beings people must accept whatever comes their way, good or bad".

He also said when the corps members were posted to the state for the national service, he did all he could as the chief security officer of the state to protect them until they were recruited as electoral officers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

"I promised to give them jobs and make them citizens of Bauchi State seven years after their service. I made sure they were well protected in my care but when I handed them over to INEC, it was the responsibility of INEC to ensure that they were well protected.

"You cannot hold Yuguda or Bauchi State (responsible) for what happened to those corps members, because it was the responsibility of INEC to take care of them."

The governor urged corps members who had been evacuated from the state in the aftermath of the killing of their colleagues to return, promising to ensure they are protected. He added that they should see the service year as a sacrifice to their country.

"I urge them not to see what happened to their colleagues as the impression of the state. It is only a few people that unleashed violence on innocent citizens and most of them were imported from neighbouring states as well as from Niger Republic."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5695195-146/story.csp
Re: Yuguda Misyarns by Xfactoria: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2011
This Yuguda man is the dumbest Nigerian alive! His utterances on the slaughter of youth corps in Bauchi State just underscores the backward belief by northerners that things happen by chance and destiny.

Can you imagine him saying corpers were destined to die in Bauchi

OMG! I am starting to hate northerners now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden Home Video Released By Government (watch) / N/assembly Spends N318.2bn To Pass 12 Bills In 3 Years / Governor Akpabio’s Militia Go After Journalist Anyalewechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.