Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) (48496 Views)

Lagos 2023: Jandor/Funke Rally Holds In Alimosho (Pictures) / Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos / Oduduwa Republic: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Abeokuta Despite Police Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by ghiloman28(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2021
Arrest them for what pls? . Tell me what the good thing in Nigeria after 60yrs of being together undecided.
johnmartus:
Where are the police men and DSS when they are needed arrest this jamboree group disturbing society.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Romanoff(f): 4:22pm On May 22, 2021
OperationcowLeg:
your last paragraph shows how much u might be missing the point. See, those so called leaders withing yoruba land are scared of the future because they know a new Yoruba nation would NEVER tolerate the kind of system that brought the likes of most of them up

I don't think so.

As it is, we aren't even holding our governors and lawmakers accountable to us as educated as we claim to be.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:

I don't think so.

As it is, we aren't even holding our governors and lawmakers accountable to us as educated as we claim to be.

Don’t be daft.

Your inability to hold elected officials accountable right now is because of the law of the land and the system that has brutalized with people with the military. A good example is how the End SARS protests ended.

In a Yoruba nation and a civilized one, laws are going to be different.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Romanoff(f): 4:39pm On May 22, 2021
OdudwaR:

Don’t be daft.

Your inability to hold elected officials accountable right now is because of the law of the land and the system that has brutalized with people with the military. A good example is how the End SARS protests ended.

In a Yoruba nation and a civilized one, laws are going to be different.

You needed to insult me to make your point and you're talking about civility.

Bye.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:

You needed to insult me to make your point and you're talking about civility.

Bye.

Saying “don’t be daft” isn’t an insult. I only told you to use your brain. If I had said “you’re daft”, that would be an insult.

I believe you’re educated and you should know human beings mostly act based on the laws they’re governed by and what they can do freely that won’t put their lives at risk. Now you have an uncivilized country where leaders can’t be questioned and where the military has been systematically used to subdue the populace. How do you expect those people to question anything?

What you opined earlier is like saying when you take a Nigerian out of Nigeria to America, he/she won’t obey the traffic laws there and would drive the same way he/she drives in Nigeria. That’s how ridiculous you sound.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 22, 2021
Look at the crowd

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by kendo24(m): 5:38pm On May 22, 2021
Kodaki:
You guys should stop disturbing yourself. This country will never divide.

I challenge you to stake your life on the indivisibility of Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 22, 2021
This is definitely the biggest crowd since the agitation started. Bigger than Osogbo. Thanks Ondo, my people.

Ekiti is next. Ekiti parapo should surpass this.

Yoruba Nation keeps getting stronger and bigger. And detractors stay mad. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Gfskw: 6:58pm On May 22, 2021
Really
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by pegix(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2021
BombAttack:
all hail Biafra and Oduduwa Republic

fake news
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by IAMPEDRO: 9:09pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:
I wish Yoruba Nation will solve our problems but we have deeper problems than we think.

The betterment of Yoruba Nation starts with our state governors and state assemblies.

How well are the Yoruba governor's doing?

Are they not as corrupt as governors of other states?

What have they done in their current term to show you that we are ready for the betterment of the Yoruba people.

If we get the Yoruba Nation we are clamouring for, what's the guarantee that we are not going to keep recycling the same yeye leaders who are only interested in their own pockets.

I get your point, but let's just change powers first.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by IAMPEDRO: 9:13pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:
I wish Yoruba Nation will solve our problems but we have deeper problems than we think.

The betterment of Yoruba Nation starts with our state governors and state assemblies.

What have they done in their current term to show you that we are ready for the betterment of the Yoruba people.

If we get the Yoruba Nation we are clamouring for, what's the guarantee that we are not going to keep recycling the same yeye leaders who are only interested in their own pockets.

I get your point, let's just change powers first. The coming system shouldn't base on majority but competency.

#IGODOMIGODO
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by JanSnow: 9:56pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:

Let us get it first. Then we can worry about what system to put in place to curb corruption

A country with good foundation like the proposed oduduwa nation will be a great nation because of its foundation. It is a country fought for by its people, a country that has a culture that goes back thousands of years.
Yoruba have a lot of history and culture to draw from to set up their political system that will be different from Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by JanSnow: 9:57pm On May 22, 2021
kingthreat:
Crap. All they would do is start blaming the reason for the poverty on the land to be the cause of Hausas and Igbo and the best solution is division. When Yorubas have been president for 11 years and VP for more than 10 years but still acheived nothing. When Yoruba governors entered power and did nothing but loot the treasury like Fayose, Tinubu and the rest. Well, let them sell it to the uneducated folks. But if you are educated and you are a follower of Igboho, it would have been better money invested on your education was used to set up poultry in Kwara state. Your parents would have been multi-millionaires by now.

Yen yen yen. High blood pressure anytime you hear of oduduwa
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by JanSnow: 10:02pm On May 22, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Nigeria doesn't need to disintegrate.

Give peoples an equal say and share of everything and watch all this Biafra, Oduduwa, Ipob vanish overnight. Or restructure.

The whole thing looks so simple to me. But it appears the usual black man problem of selfishness, personal insecurity, childish immaturity, senseless hatred and just plain stupidity will always prevail above everything.

It has nothing to do with black man this or that

Nobody forced Europeans to exist in countries they don't want

We don't want Nigeria it's that simple. We can exist as brothers across borders
It is human nature to want autonomy and space

Nigeria is holding the great Yoruba nation back
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by amrichy(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:

While I also don't have much faith in the Yoruba nation (because of corruption factor, which is the major cause of our numerous problems), I think its formation might make things a little better than what we are presently experiencing in Nigeria. The following are a few of my reasons:
1. As Yoruba nation will be relatively small (compared to the present overpopulated Nigeria), governance will also be easier. (It's always easier to manage a smaller entity than a bigger one!)
2. The splitting up of Nigeria into different nations will invariably bring about some sort of "healthy" competition among the new nations as each will try to outperform the others, thereby putting the respective leaders of the nations under great pressure to perform to their very best. This would ultimately lead to development in different areas (infrastructure, economy, education, job creation, health etc)
3. The people will be much more united (as they now belong to the same tribe or at least very close tribes) and their patriotism will increase (as it will be easier for them to see the Nation as their fatherland). This stronger unity and increased patriotism should help the growth and development of the nation.
4. In line with point 1, the smaller Yoruba nation will also be easier to secure. Terrorism and banditry will certainly not be part of our society (they are things of the north). Fulani herdsmen palava will be over and kidnapping will greatly reduce.

It is really my wish that all the regions in Nigeria can coexist peacefully and work together to make the country great, but I'm not sure that's ever going to be realized considering our past together and the present situation of things. It seems like it can only get worse. If after about 107 years of almagamation and almost 61 years of gaining Independence together, we still are not so united, it's not a bad idea to try going our different ways.
But as you have expressed, I'm afraid nothing much will change if we do not first exterminate the cankerworm called corruption and know how to hold our leaders accountable for their misdeeds.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by Romanoff(f): 10:22pm On May 22, 2021
amrichy:

While I also don't have much faith in the Yoruba nation (because of corruption factor, which is the major cause of our numerous problems), I think its formation might make things a little better than what we are presently experiencing in Nigeria. The following are a few of my reasons:
1. As Yoruba nation will be relatively small (compared to the present overpopulated Nigeria), governance will also be easier. (It's always easier to manage a smaller entity than a bigger one!)
2. The splitting up of Nigeria into different nations will invariably bring about some sort of "healthy" competition among the new nations as each will try to outperform the others, thereby putting the respective leaders of the nations under great pressure to perform to their very best. This would ultimately lead to development in different areas (infrastructure, economy, education, job creation, health etc)
3. The people will be much more united (as they now belong to the same tribe or at least very close tribes) and their patriotism will increase (as it will be easier for them to see the Nation as their fatherland). This stronger unity and increased patriotism should help the growth and development of the nation.
4. In line with point 1, the smaller Yoruba nation will also be easier to secure. Terrorism and banditry will certainly not be part of our society (they are things of the north). Fulani herdsmen palava will be over and kidnapping will greatly reduce.

It is really my wish that all the regions in Nigeria can coexist peacefully and work together to make the country great, but I'm not sure that's ever going to be realized considering our past together and the present situation of things. It seems like it can only get worse. If after about 107 years of almagamation and almost 61 years of gaining Independence together, we still are not so united, it's not a bad idea to try going our different ways.
But as you have expressed, I'm afraid nothing much will change if we do not first exterminate the cankerworm called corruption and know how to hold our leaders accountable for their misdeeds.

Thank you for seeing my point.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by WATCHMANX: 10:49pm On May 22, 2021
Timon4real:
No my brother grin grin
Then you were never in the Boys' scout! grin
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 5:29am On May 23, 2021
JanSnow:

Yen yen yen. High blood pressure anytime you hear of oduduwa

Na ya papa dey get high BP when him see Nigerian flag.
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by JanSnow: 6:05am On May 23, 2021
kingthreat:

Na ya papa dey get high BP when him see Nigerian flag.
grin I see you can't hold back the tears
Frustrated goat grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 9:19am On May 23, 2021
JanSnow:

grin I see you can't hold back the tears
My papa is a Frustrated goat grin grin grin

So much for the man who brought you into this world. Sad
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by zinaunreal(m): 11:04am On May 23, 2021
Scanty crowd grin grin. Most coward tribe in Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by JanSnow: 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
kingthreat:

the man who brought me into this world is an idiiot. Sad
I know grin
Re: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Akure (Pictures) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:39pm On May 23, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
GO AND WATCH THE CLIP,THE AIRCRAFT CRASH LANDED AND ON FORCED IMPACT BURSTED INTO FLAME. OLD ACRAFT BEING MANaged like okada.Ignoranmus naija people toying with science,una no go read book deeply ,na to copy copy notes till graduate and bcom dummies in prominent positions,that where u are stil backward busy abusin yasefs on nairaland.Awon oloshi.
TOTALLY AVOIDABLE DEATHS IF YOU GOVT SABI HOW AERONEUTIC SCIENCE WORKS.TOO BAD,I SYMPATHIZE WITH HIS FAMILY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo) / Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship / Kogi Election: 3 Killed As Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.