Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University (34719 Views)

Ewerechukwu Favour Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Covenant University / 65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Sunday Joseph, Blogger And Youtuber Graduates From Covenant University In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by MrEgghead(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2021
Vinnie2000:

It is NOT actually because the Lecturers are Wack!! They re still experienced Dan Private Uni lecturers!!..

It is because they are Regimented, Academically strict and Stick to Due Process in almost everything!!!!..

In Delta State University, Abraka, If You get First Class honours, then you re a fvcking genuis!!
because the whole department, faculty and even University Senate would scrutinize you B4 giving dat Honour!!

First Class der is nor easy@all..

Even Uniben Gives more First Class!!..

200+ Students Graduating with First Class??
Well, not bad..

But you can't compare the academic quality of students in UNIBEN to DELSU..All things being equal, UNIBEN will always produce more first class.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Lagoon0: 9:36pm On May 22, 2021
tauceti23:
1. Basic issue with Covenat....the high fees being paid means that the uni is well funded to acheive the best

2.As for the comment on government universites....when the average funding for universites in Nigeria isn't up to one billion dollars, and when fees are kept low for the masses, and when there aren't enough good facilityes what do you expect

Besides, I went to a government university. Out of my many lecturers, only one...I repeat only one, out of the scores who lectured me in school said A is for God and B is for me.....and I still ended up getting an A in his class....by hard work. It is a myth that lecturers in government schools are out to frustrate one. Most want you to do well, but many students....
Because you make am, you want to judge other student. Just keep shut!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 22, 2021
Lagoon0:

Because you make am, you want to judge other student. Just keep shut!

Well, my opinion is my opinion.

Thanks and good night.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by edoairways: 9:37pm On May 22, 2021
Coronavirus84:
First class is cheap in private universities indeed
Because you have sadist in public universities

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by edoairways: 9:40pm On May 22, 2021
Vinnie2000:

It is NOT actually because the Lecturers are Wack!! They re still experienced Dan Private Uni lecturers!!..

It is because they are Regimented, Academically strict and Stick to Due Process in almost everything!!!!..

In Delta State University, Abraka, If You get First Class honours, then you re a fvcking genuis!!
because the whole department, faculty and even University Senate would scrutinize you B4 giving dat Honour!!

First Class der is nor easy@all..

Even Uniben Gives more First Class!!..

200+ Students Graduating with First Class??
Well, not bad..

They are not necessarily strict rather they are just jealous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by edoairways: 9:41pm On May 22, 2021
sammirano:

Oh! Since you want breakdown, i will gove you.
Private universities are filled with substandard and inexperienced lecturers producing half baked graduates.

Prof. Olowe of Unilag, financial management is used in all uni in Nig.

Lecturers in U.i esp medicine dept are internationally recognized for their exploits.

Oga mention one good asset of private uni rather than infrastructure.

If you like build the best hospital in the world, without expert doctors, people will die in their numbers.
Mr man keep quiet. Public universities produces sadist who turn out to be lecturers in the future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by edoairways: 9:42pm On May 22, 2021
CSTRR:
To be fair, it is the same with the UK

You cannot pay over 10 million and not come with first class if you are serious at all.

At the same time, first class should not be too difficult.

Covenant University have set up their students to acquire many opportunities just by virtue of their grades.
That is wise.

If your Federal school is not making first class easy, then they are very foolish indeed because the opportunities will go to more private school graduates.

Exactly!
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2021
sammirano:
Those first class cannot have 2.1 in unilag. Argue with your screen.

Go to LinkedIn and see how their graduates are studying for postgraduate degrees at ivy league schools.
Some of these graduates have straight A's in their WAEC. They compete with the so called government school graduates for blue chip jobs and scholarship opportunities.
No be private university graduates built & sold paystack for $1billion wey dem even employ public university graduates as product managers?

If God bless me enough to pay for Covenant/ Babcock university tuition for my kids to escape the sadistic nature and hassles of public schools, i won't hesitate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2021
sammirano:

Oh! Since you want breakdown, i will gove you.
Private universities are filled with substandard and inexperienced lecturers producing half baked graduates.

Prof. Olowe of Unilag, financial management is used in all uni in Nig.

Lecturers in U.i esp medicine dept are internationally recognized for their exploits.

Oga mention one good asset of private uni rather than infrastructure.

If you like build the best hospital in the world, without expert doctors, people will die in their numbers.

You're just ignorant at best.
How many public university graduates have built a fintech company and sold it for $1billion in Nigeria or overseas?
Do you even use LinkedIn at all? There's a certain covenant university 2014 graduate, who made first class in engineering, went to imperial college London and now rounding up PhD at Stanford, all on scholarship.
The thing is that, there are private university graduates that would stand toe to toe ( straight A's in WAEC & high IQ) with public uni's, but because their parents are buoyant enough, they decided to send their children to private universities.
Note : i graduated from a government owned uni
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by mrwonlasewonie: 10:35pm On May 22, 2021
lexy2014:

There's a balance between funding and d attitude of lecturers. While u are right that most lecturers want u to do well, d fact remains that most of them feel like demi-gods whose asses u must kiss before they make themselves accessible. Many lecturers in govt universities have d wrong attitude to delivering knowledge & this has little or nothing to do with funding. For many of them, their low self esteem only tells them that d best way to interact with students is by intimidation. Many lecturers are very discourteous & rude. U need to have a one on one with some so called Ph.D holders and u feel d stench of their low self esteem and frustration oozing as they try to sound high& mighty for little insignificant things. So yes, many lecturers in public universities are wack
it's when they have PhD that their egos and nasty attitude increases

On a normal day most of them are local and unexposed but for the fact that they're in university environment and have access to students gives them a little light.you see that in their dress sense and ways they speak
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by mrwonlasewonie: 10:37pm On May 22, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

How many public university graduates have built a fintech company and sold it for $1billion in Nigeria or overseas?
Do you even use LinkedIn at all? There's a certain covenant university 2014 graduate, who made first class in engineering, went to imperial college London and now rounding up PhD at Stanford, all on scholarship.
The thing is that, there are private university graduates that would stand toe to toe ( straight A's in WAEC & high IQ) with public uni's, but because their parents are buoyant enough, they decided to send their children to private universities.
he's just bitter, ignorant and envious.hes best ignored.leave him to wallow in his ignorance
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by mrwonlasewonie: 10:46pm On May 22, 2021
edoairways:

They are not necessarily strict rather they are just jealous
mshewww see the way they're glorifying in stinginess with grades as if 1st class degree is equals to a 1st class lifestyle

There's one lecturer that lectured in delsu and went to a private university to teach.they gave him an official car.it was so obvious that that was the 1st car he will ever use in his life

And no be say Na one sleek car like that o,Na camry.it was so ridiculous that if he wan buy ordinary detergent or recharge card in the nearby shop,he go drive car go there.he has never enjoyed or experienced any form of comfort in his life.na so so book he go dey carry up and down

Meanwhile there are some lecturers,sleek, classy intellectuals you will see in some private universities that when you see them lecturer go dey hungry you do.they know when to draw the line between work and leisure and they Don't look like hungry scruffy lecturers of those public institutions wey go dey form "I've been teaching for 50 years before you were born" meanwhile there's nothing to show for it.them still dey jump bus, Still dey price garri for market with their glasses hanging on their nose
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Bossman25(m): 10:47pm On May 22, 2021
Like as if Public school graduates have not done such?
You can't compare a graduate from a Private school to a Public school, you can't even put them together. Just because they have excellent calendar year devoid of ASUU strike and a conducive environment like a secondary school, also teaching which you can't compare to lecturing and the school is boasting of producing 201 first class......that's a washed up school. They have the advantage in the job market because of the age factor. Abi no be them and Babcock they produce first class like pure water.
See many children of this private school are just privileged, and we get it and we are happy for them, but they should shush it .....
It some of them that we see at NYSC who can't write and fill their names properly.
Its only fair if all graduates across Nigeria have the same opportunity like those in private school, with good conducive environment , good lecturers...not like my own lecturer who didn't even give out a course outline and yet still went ahead and set a very callous exam for we his student. Can that happen in a private school?
We see a lot in Public school....na to graduate and never look back na him sure pass.

OJURONGBE1:

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by mrwonlasewonie: 10:54pm On May 22, 2021
Abragidi:
My Uni..for 12 years nobody graduated with first class from Dept of Agriculture...My room mates friend Had 6 carry over in level 200 and a backlog of from level 100....And the guy is In final year...Omo I weak when I hear the guy matter.��..... Government UNI are not trying at all....Some Lectures think A is God.
but in all thank God that failure in university doesn't mean failure in life and if you are not going to be in the academics, whatever grades you get don't mean shii.even if you come out with a 1st class and one commissioners daughter came out with a 3rd class,who do you think will get the job?

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by highness25(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2021
lalasticlala:
Paula-Peace Onyinyechi Emerges Covenant University Best Graduating Student, As 201 Graduate with first class

https://leadership.ng/201-bag-first-class-as-covenant-university-graduates-1664-students/amp/
Una never ask una colleagues wey don gradge since how many years now howfar for their side. Work no de for this country oo. Save money and start up something if not you go suffer for this regime wey we de so. The man for Aso rock no get person time oo

OurFavOnlineDoc @DrOlufunmilayo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1396052739524861954
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by mrwonlasewonie: 11:08pm On May 22, 2021
Bossman25:
Like as if Public school graduates have not done such?
You can't compare a graduate from a Private school to a Public school, you can't even put them together. Just because they have excellent calendar year devoid of ASUU strike and a conducive environment like a secondary school, also teaching which you can't compare to lecturing and the school is boasting of producing 201 first class......that's a washed up school. They have the advantage in the job market because of the age factor. Abi no be them and Babcock they produce first class like pure water.
See many children of this private school are just privileged, and we get it and we are happy for them, but they should shush it .....
It some of them that we see at NYSC who can't write and fill their names properly.
Its only fair if all graduates across Nigeria have the same opportunity like those in private school, with good conducive environment , good lecturers...not like my own lecturer who didn't even give out a course outline and yet still went ahead and set a very callous exam for we his student. Can that happen in a private school?
We see a lot in Public school....na to graduate and never look back na him sure pass.

in all of this still thank God because whatever grade you come out of school with whether 1st,2nd or 3rd class,it doesn't define your sucess in Life.
.after school life will level everybody whether private university graduates or public.its God factor,your personal efforts and Responsibility that will help you carve a niche for yourself so forget

There's a boy that finished with 3rd class in my school and he's working in the aviation industry and doing very well for himself financially

There's another one that is an estate agent and into other buisnesses that is doing fine.las Las all of us go chop breakfast

We have passed the generation where it's only those with 1st class that do well in life or those that are graduates.if you see the way semi illiterate buisness men who are financially stable are employing graduates,you will have another rethink about education and it's worth in contemporary times.

Na semi illiterates dey own buisnesses now and hold money, graduates still dey hold credentials

I went to a barbing saloon about 2 months ago and while they were barbing my hair,I saw a picture hanging at the wall so out of curiosity I asked the guy who is this man who's picture is on the wall,he said he's the owner of the entire Plaza and he still has other shopping malls and buisnesses in other parts of the state so I further asked please which university did he Go? The barber laughed and Said he didn't Go to any university o, infact he didn't finish secondary school but guess who are the managers and supervisors of his buisnesses? Graduates

Before it was graduates who used to employ illiterates and semi illiterates,now it's the other way round.not that I'm downplaying the value of university education but it's not as important as people take it to be so much that they think they cannot do well or achieve anything in Life if they don't come out with 1st class or 2.1

If it were so you will not see some broke professors in buisness administration with all the knowledge of buisness in their head and one semi illiterate Emeka selling electronics in alaba and he's building houses in his village

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by edoairways: 11:31pm On May 22, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
mshewww see the way they're glorifying in stinginess with grades as if 1st class degree is equals to a 1st class lifestyle

There's one lecturer that lectured in delsu and went to a private university to teach.they gave him an official car.it was so obvious that that was the 1st car he will ever use in his life

And no be say Na one sleek car like that o,Na camry.it was so ridiculous that if he wan buy ordinary detergent or recharge card in the nearby shop,he go drive car go there.he has never enjoyed or experienced any form of comfort in his life.na so so book he go dey carry up and down

Meanwhile there are some lecturers,sleek, classy intellectuals you will see in some private universities that when you see them lecturer go dey hungry you do.they know when to draw the line between work and leisure and they Don't look like hungry scruffy lecturers of those public institutions wey go dey form "[b]I've been teaching for 50 years before you were bor[/b]n" meanwhile there's nothing to show for it.them still dey jump bus, Still dey price garri for market with their glasses hanging on their nose
Yeah

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Grateful02(m): 12:07am On May 23, 2021
I no ko talk plenty, but you see that CULTISM aspect? No sch wey no get am so no come dey deceive yourself
JovialJune:
My Alma-Mater, you will be given what you rightfully worked extremely hard for, unlike awon public school chest beaters that will go through;

- Lecturers extorting students by selling handouts compulsorily without teaching anything, then show up a week to exams to mark attendance and mark names of those who paid, smh

- Lecturers saying "A is for God, B is for V.C, C is for them, fight for the rest", and these same students think it is a normal part of life

- Sex for grades, reason why we have so many educated illiterates in the society today, ask them where they graduated from- public Uni smh,

- Cultism, co-habitation like married couples, overcrowded lecture hall with some standing or sitting on the floor, they think these foolish experience will polish any sane human being, lol

All this and many more, yet they think all these is an achievement to experience, talk about suffering and smiling lol

P.S before some dings quote me, Google achievements of some Covenant University graduates and the school as a whole so you don't disgrace yourself.

Tankio smiley

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Emeka71(m): 3:52am On May 23, 2021
winkCovenant university graduates can get 1st-class with ease because they do things well there.
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:21am On May 23, 2021
lalasticlala:
Paula-Peace Onyinyechi Emerges Covenant University Best Graduating Student, As 201 Graduate with first class

https://leadership.ng/201-bag-first-class-as-covenant-university-graduates-1664-students/amp/

OurFavOnlineDoc @DrOlufunmilayo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1396052739524861954

Are u a balewite?
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by oyeb15: 6:13am On May 23, 2021
Private universities are just selling certificate. They don't even do full curriculum. They believe they have to reward the parents by giving their children good grades
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by geonell(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2021
I can’t speak for other private universities but you see Covenant, any first class student there deserve it.

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Hallabee1(m): 3:27pm On May 24, 2021
Aje...

Winners I hail thee
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Congratulations
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hectorswag(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
Coronavirus84:
First class is cheap in private universities indeed
First class is not cheap anything, private universities simply have more conducive environment for learning and it's students are far cool headed than their public university counterparts. The curriculum is basically the same but private university lecturers are usually more grounded in their fields.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Stuck In An Elevator (Photos, Video) / 4 Reasons Why You Are Not Admitted On Jamb Caps Portal / Top 15 Things You Can Do To Make Money Inside Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.